web analytics

Newcastle Striker Linked With La Liga Return

There are reports in Spain that one of our strikers, Joselu, is attracting interest from a club in La Liga. This is a link that makes sense for both the player and the club.

Joselu– linked with move back to La Liga

The report, in Spanish outlet Marca, states that Alaves would like to bring Joselu back to Spain this summer. Alaves finished in 11th place this past season in La Liga.

Joselu joined Newcastle two summers ago from Stoke City for £5M and the report says that a bid in that region would be enough to capture the striker.

We would imagine that Newcastle would let him go for less than that as he has just one year remaining on his contract and truly is surplus to requirements.

Joselu has found it hard in the Premier League to score goals. He has just 7 goals in 50 appearances for Newcastle, though only 28 of those are from the starting 11.

Since December, Joselu has played just 9 minutes of first-team football and has found it hard to even get into the matchday squad.

While Joselu is a hard-working target man with some technical ability, his finishing is at times just dreadful. He is just not clinical enough to be a lone striker at this level.

We would expect Joselu to be sold this summer and hope that this link has some truth in it. It would serve the best interests of both the club and the player.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 30, 2019 at 12:05 AM

Rob

Not only that what about a Stadium expansion, easy peasy when you have your own building and engineering companies

• Optimistic Oryx

May 30, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Academy Training ground they could do the work themselves employing local labour

• TyneMouth

May 30, 2019 at 12:18 AM

If we get £5M for El Hoss it will be a miracle!

Two miracles in a week is stretching things too far…

Next you’ll be telling us that there will be goodbye party for the Walsall Winker, followed by an open topped bus tribute…

• JP...from The Rock

May 30, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Rob- It would be amazing if they buy back the land for stadium expansion, that’s the kinda construction I would like to be seen done.

• RobLeenio

May 30, 2019 at 12:25 AM

OP, all those sound good, but won’t necessarily pay.

JP from previous, I’d love it if our new owners could buy back the land at Strawberry Place. I’m not sure it would be viable. I think Ashley shafted us big time on that.
    🙁

• carltoon

May 30, 2019 at 12:27 AM

OO you could be project manager.

• JP...from The Rock

May 30, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Mind you I’ve just come back from Dubai (went this March) and as much as I love St James and want it expanded I can only imagine the glorious brand new stadium these guys would do for us. Dubai is an architectural masterpiece. Stunning buildings all around, really high end everywhere. Not only are they architects but artists as well in the way their buildings were designed, breathtaking. Now imagine a new St James’ built from the ground up and with state of the art training facility complex just around the corner, following the successful Man City model. It is very well possible that this is the plan.

I would be sad to say bye to St James’ but would welcome a futuristic and stunning new huge stadium too.

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 12:41 AM

bill
    May 29, 2019 at 10:45 PM
    Ronaldo,

Never use F keys, even though I’ve been using a PC since 1980’s. However, thanks for the advice.
    ……………………………
    Now I feel bad for suggesting you to press Alt F5 together.

If you do it you’ll see why lol

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 12:41 AM

Alt F4

Sorry

• carltoon

May 30, 2019 at 12:42 AM

we can only dream. Mind they say dreams come true.

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 12:44 AM

I think wenger is great but I wouldn’t have him in a director of football role. Nor keegan nor as someone suggested a while back, shearer.

Bring the last two in for ambassadorial roles by all means but my preference is someone who actually specialises in that role rather than bringing people in for nostalgia or a job for the boys kind of thing.

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Optimistic
    Noticed in your Rafa bingo squad, a lack of Perez in there.

Surprising. 😀

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 12:49 AM

It’s good to remember that Man City took years to get to where they are and that was with considerable investment each year.

I’m not expecting that but similarly in terms of building each year.

Man City long term servants kompany, Silva, Fernandinho, aguero we’re not signed in one go but the types we want to bring in. High level players with plenty of years left in them buying in to your project.

• toon22

May 30, 2019 at 12:49 AM

It’ll never happen with MA as our owner
    But when the clubs finally torn from his greedy mits imho you would build a new ground on the town moor
    Turn the current ground into a park

• toon22

May 30, 2019 at 12:52 AM

If we’re lucky enough for a Man City type investment you would build the training at Gateshead stadium
    Would be good for both sides of the Tyne

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Joelinton linked to us again. Didn’t take long and I do welcome that. With new prospective owners I’m not sure what is feasible in terms of who we attract and costs etc but this player is the real deal imo.

Stats may not look great but don’t show what he offers until you see him play. Everything in his locker and does the lot.

Another player I’d like to see us go for and make a statement is Ziyech at Ajax.

Two signings, fit in to rafas system and would transform our whole attack.

I’m getting ahead of myself like but can you blame me. 🙂

May 30, 2019 at 12:58 AM

Exciting times Lads, Carltoon .

Thanks for your comments Eg Wor Bill # 308 previous .

I’m so elated this has come to fruition . Iv been playing so fast the lads thought I was on Cough medicine .

Happy for our Blog host Wor Ed also . He will see Newcastle win something in the near future or at least compete at the top !

Dubai Mickey , you had your ear to the ground , Good info . All will be revealed .

Took some reading to get through the comments !

The blog is in a healthy state with everyone getting along and the GS idiot disrupts it

GS whomsoever you are , are you aware you are abusing a Scientist ? A creative one at that ?

Give it up you fool.

Geordie Two , one of our finest.

May 30, 2019 at 1:05 AM

Essex Geordie Bill.

I can send you a pair of Kippers ..Craster ones , delivered to Waitrose daily ..should be OK in the post next day delivery special courier ..I did promise you I would send them ..Let me know where to send them ..your Local Pub addy will do to preserve anonymity..there still some nutters abound here !

May 30, 2019 at 1:06 AM

Morning Ronaldo

Hope your well .

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 1:09 AM

Hello online, very happy and well thanks.

Good to see you’re… well… online!

May 30, 2019 at 1:09 AM

NY

Just a note to say thanks .. Good to see the back of Mash holdings etc ..StJames’ ..

• JP...from The Rock

May 30, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Ronaldo aarons – alright gimme some of that samba magic! Lol i too would love it if we got Joelington. Him and Ziyech in our team can you imagine that! Josef Martinez on the bench ready to come on and punish tiring opposition legs. I too am dreaming but only a little as our dreams might be reality in the not to distant future. I still have this nagging doubt and fear at the back of my mind that this whole takeover will collapse any minute but I just continue to push it to the back of my mind as I only want positive vibes right now. Our prayers may finally be answered and Ashley will F Off and our messiah his grace Prince Khaled will free this sleeping giant from it’s chains.

• lesh

May 30, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Bday Online

You’re having a pop at GS not realising he’s Jib posting under cover. Why? It’s elementary dear boy…….GS = gobshite!

• bettyswallocks

May 30, 2019 at 1:14 AM

OLG……… Are you going to tell us why the last sale fell through as you promised?

May 30, 2019 at 1:16 AM

Ronaldo

Aye , back in the fold mate.

May 30, 2019 at 1:17 AM

Hello Betty

It didn’t fall through .

May 30, 2019 at 1:18 AM

Lesh

I just wrote a load of stuff out for you about Farage working with Boris and lost it .

May 30, 2019 at 1:19 AM

Lesh ..

Just an aside from football. Bitter sweet day for you Sunday ?

May 30, 2019 at 1:24 AM

Lesh

If it’s Jib he’s doing a good Job of imitating a juvenile delinquent devoid of any grey matter.

Moronic.

All this kicking at Canadians and G2 is bordering on racism.

• carltoon

May 30, 2019 at 1:24 AM

OLG are these the people who you said were going to buy the toon. When will we hear for definate

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 1:25 AM

Jp
    It’s good to dream again lol.

I think it’s pretty much done if I’m honest with you. Just basing it on what they’ve said rather than anything we’ve heard in this country, media, journalists etc.

• carltoon

May 30, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Will I have to wear a Burka.

• ronaldo aarons

May 30, 2019 at 1:27 AM

Online
    Good to hear. And I’m glad you didnt take up that little blog bet we discussed 🙂

May 30, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Newcastle City Council will be ecstatic about our new owners ..the prestige and development they will bring to the city .

It’s the start of a cultural journey and a bringing together of people’s..

A massive Geordie welcome !

May 30, 2019 at 1:33 AM

Ronaldo

It was best for all ..delicate.

• lesh

May 30, 2019 at 1:39 AM

OLG

What happened Sunday apart from the UK voting figures showing favouring Remain.

Assuming that’s what you’re driving at, Corbyn’s done himself no favours and the idiot still doesn’t get it.

Johnson and Farage, partners in crime and as some wag wrote in the Grauniad, it’s surprising that Farage hasn’t put himself forward as leader of the Tory party – they’ve been dancing to his tune for the last few years.

It’ll all come out when Johnson appears in court but will the diehards’ll hail him as a hero, the target of a Trump-like witch hunt.

When will they ever learn?

May 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Carltoon ..

I usually get pilloried when I say anything. Iv been in the stocks here many times .

There were two families from the Middle east . Different countries .

• NY Mag

May 30, 2019 at 1:45 AM

OLG,

• ilovetoon8788

May 30, 2019 at 1:46 AM

The new man City academy looks absolutely outstanding.

So many clubs even championship ones have progressed on their infrastructure and we are still stuck since last decade.

Hopefully it gets the investment it deserves under the new owner. Atleast 100m needs to be spent right away.