web analytics

Newcastle Striker Linked With La Liga Return

There are reports in Spain that one of our strikers, Joselu, is attracting interest from a club in La Liga. This is a link that makes sense for both the player and the club.

Joselu– linked with move back to La Liga

The report, in Spanish outlet Marca, states that Alaves would like to bring Joselu back to Spain this summer. Alaves finished in 11th place this past season in La Liga.

Joselu joined Newcastle two summers ago from Stoke City for £5M and the report says that a bid in that region would be enough to capture the striker.

We would imagine that Newcastle would let him go for less than that as he has just one year remaining on his contract and truly is surplus to requirements.

Joselu has found it hard in the Premier League to score goals. He has just 7 goals in 50 appearances for Newcastle, though only 28 of those are from the starting 11.

Since December, Joselu has played just 9 minutes of first-team football and has found it hard to even get into the matchday squad.

While Joselu is a hard-working target man with some technical ability, his finishing is at times just dreadful. He is just not clinical enough to be a lone striker at this level.

We would expect Joselu to be sold this summer and hope that this link has some truth in it. It would serve the best interests of both the club and the player.

• Online Guy

May 30, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Lesh

When I say bitter sweet I refer to Farage and Europe …I’m not up to speed on the overall vote by the British public in the euros and if it could now be forecast which way a second referendum would go .What think ?

• lesh

May 30, 2019 at 1:49 AM

OLG

For the record, my EU vote went Green and in the SE, the total remain party votes outstripped the Brexit paries’ bringing in the same number of MEPs.

All in all, a good election and we must hope that Joe Public sides up to the fact they wuz conned by Farage and his ilk.

• lesh

May 30, 2019 at 1:50 AM

sides = wises up.

• lesh

May 30, 2019 at 1:53 AM

OLG

The experts’ view is that nationslly, the swings gone to a small (54/46) majority for remsin

• lesh

May 30, 2019 at 1:55 AM

Anyway, enough before bettysbollock’s black shirts come knocking. 🙂

We’ll talk tomorrow night if you’re around.

Take care

• TyneMouth

May 30, 2019 at 1:59 AM

The news of our remarkable change of fortune hadn’t gone unnoticed in my local pub in North London.

The concensus opinion of my drinking companions was that NUFC would behave like the proverbial ‘drunken sailors’ and p**s away our new found wealth.

I hope this will not be the case, obviously.

I’m sure with Rafa’s influence the initial improvement to the first team squad will be primarily one of consolidation.

This current transfer window should be the period to secure the contracts of those players who are part of our future.

In tandem, there should be a thorough clear out of players not part of our future plans.

The final, and crucial part of our summer transfer activities should be twofold, a rigorous recruitment for our academy, its never too soon to find our future Gascoigne

Finally, the new members of our first team. Even with a King’s ransome worth of dosh, continuity is critical

This is not the time for headline grabbing marquee signings, or for end of career retirement bound ‘superstars’

We need hungry young, ambitious, well trained, team players. With personality and inherent flair.

Somewere out there there is a 2019 version of a young Beardsley, Mcdonald, Cole, Green, Eastham, Given or… or dare I say it;…SHEARER…

Just sayin’…

• Online Guy

May 30, 2019 at 2:01 AM

Lesh

Political waters have been so choppy I stopped updating on it all.

I eavesdropped on conversations just by being close to people who pontificate on politics over a pint . Far as I went on it . It was interesting in that Farage and Boris are entertainers !

Carltoon are you still there .

• Online Guy

May 30, 2019 at 2:07 AM

Tynemouth

Beautifully written post from you at *46.

• Bobbybee

May 30, 2019 at 2:19 AM

I’m going to be the new frog with this. “We’re not as rich as the owners of City, don’t be expecting that sort of transformation or spending”. Calm down one’s expectations and one won’t be disappointed.
    Just being able to compete will suffice.

• TyneMouth

May 30, 2019 at 2:22 AM

Lesh.

Like you I voted Green last Thursday, first time in well over 50 years I’ve not voted Labour.

Couldn’t bring myself to vote for the Limp-Dems, can’t forgive them for their Vichy behaviour in the Coilition years.

Your are right, the combined remain vote (Greens, LibDems, SNP, & ChangeUK) far exceeded the Brexit vote.

The Brexit vote was about one million short of the online ‘revoke article 50’ vote three months ago.

It was a great day for NUFC, and also for the anti Brexit posse, Boris has an appointment in the Crown Court to explain his ‘Lies’, all 350,000,000 of them…

• NY Mag

May 30, 2019 at 2:26 AM

Bobby,

Very sensible….we can’t do what city did because of FFP – although we have a huge scope to do things differently from the current regime 🙂

• TyneMouth

May 30, 2019 at 2:29 AM

Coalition** even…

• NY Mag

May 30, 2019 at 3:11 AM

I like the i’s dotted and the t’s crossed – so one thing concerns me……

When we were in the championship our benevolent leader loaned the club £33M – for doing so, he took out a charge (kinda like a mortgage)…that said if his loan wasn’t paid back he would have first dibs on the academy and the training grounds.

Now we know from Charnley that the £33M was paid back after the accounts ended (30th June 2018)
    And we also know from Charnley that money was paid back before the fans forum in sep 2018

So, we have a window of July/August in 2018 where the £33M was paid back to MA, however we are in may 2019 (9 or 10 months later) and the charge has not been released

Normally I would put this down to shoddy housekeeping (paperwork)……but with the potential change of ownership…I hope that there is not something sinister going on

• Jib

May 30, 2019 at 3:28 AM

NY
    It could well be that Benton wasn’t part of the deal
    The new owners may be thinking of building a nice
    new facility closer to SJP as Man city have done &
    Ashley gets to sell or develop Benton for new housing

• The next Mike Williamson

May 30, 2019 at 4:07 AM

I expect Vincent Kompany will be linked with us by the end of the week.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 30, 2019 at 4:22 AM

If we bring in a lot of bigger players, I hope Longstaff isn’t left to rot. There are a lot of players I really like at the moment who bleed black and white, and I’d hate to them pushed out for some £50m French player I’ve never heard of and who only cares for the money. There are several players good enough to be in a top 5-7 team. Dubravka, Schar, Lejuenes, maybe Lascelles if he can get back to his best, Longstaff if given games, Perez if given support, Shelvey is more than capable especially if we become a possession team. Rondon’s good too although I suspect the new owners will want a big name upfront. Then there’s Ritchie & Hayden who had great second half of the seasons.

If we get tonnes of money, I’d like to see us do what Chelsea and Man City do with their youth teams, only actually play the young players rather than just farm them for profit.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 30, 2019 at 4:27 AM

If fatty hadn’t been so tight in the summer and paid the £33m of his debt to himself, would we be talking about this potential sale now? I don’t think so. It seems it was a necessary gamble and one that paid off. We haven’t seen this years accounts either, it’s possible he’s paid off more than we know of.

• DubaiMicky

May 30, 2019 at 5:36 AM

If anyone is wondering about Midhat Kidwai, here’s a video of him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0eylEG0e7k again, articulate and better English speaking than most of us .

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 30, 2019 at 5:36 AM

Yeah, it does look like Ashley has engineered the sale of Newcastle very well, from his perspective and also the club’s, to be fair. Not quite all’s well that ends well, 12 years of austerity, two relegations, yada, yada, yada, but undoubtedly a win win win outcome if the deal is indeed done. Everyone seems to get what they want.

• GS

May 30, 2019 at 5:52 AM

If Ashley was thinking about his bottom line then we should be thinking of ours – that we are getting rid of him and the cost is irrelevant now if this is the ultimate outcome.

• GS

May 30, 2019 at 6:11 AM

It is also quite funny that I am being slated on here for some very gentle ribbing considering the bickering and abuse that normally goes on on here. Now everybody has a cause to get behind, the final ousting of Ashley, everybody forgets what normally goes on on here. From Jib calling people m*ngs to 200 repeat posts of Hiya KBA. I will try to stick to football from now on which is more than I can say for most.

• DubaiMicky

May 30, 2019 at 6:18 AM

So what are we thinking? A calm no news day today and an announcement tomorrow? That’s my bet. It’s still Ramadan here, it ends Sunday and then it’s the Eid holiday, so it would make sense that the deal is announced tomorrow, then the owner can fly back for his holidays.

No idea if this is correct, it’s just my (rather large) gut, feel.

• GS

May 30, 2019 at 6:28 AM

James McCarty? Is that story for real? Whether we get taken over or not, why do we need him on the treatment table?

I suppose we better get used to it if we are sold to a Sheikh because we will be linked to everybody out there and The Sun and The Mail will add 20 million to their prices as soon as we are mentioned.

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 30, 2019 at 6:37 AM

Do we know if a binding agreement has been signed, or simply an agreement in principle, funds proven, the fit and proper owner test well underway, but the deal proper still to be finalized?

Still perhaps a ways to go, no?

• GS

May 30, 2019 at 6:41 AM

And why don’t we just pay Hayden the wages that McCarthy would get? That would probably triple Isaac’s salary and make him much more likely to stay. And we would save the transfer fee which will go up my 2 million everytime a tabloid links us with McCarthy.

• yogz69

May 30, 2019 at 6:42 AM

Hope your right micky we need a bit of good news, be a cracking start to the weekend and my week off.

• GS

May 30, 2019 at 6:45 AM

* Magpies in 20 million swoop for McCarthy

* Magpies plan to steal McCarthy for 22 million.

* McCarthy to join Magpies nest for 24 million.

* You get the picture…

• GS

May 30, 2019 at 6:46 AM

It took The Sun about 3 days to increase Wilf Zaha’s price from 60 million to 100 million as soon as Man U were mentioned.

• hibbit

May 30, 2019 at 6:51 AM

is this the right https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/ncl/arrivals no private flights listed on here ???

• Bambams

May 30, 2019 at 6:54 AM

Morning all

Micky I agree there is more likely to be an announcement tomorrow, well I hope so.

Today the local journos will be telling us it’s not happening, but it does feel different so dont rule out anything !

I am fishing later today so hopefully might catch something.

It’s all good fellas, I retire in 5 years….just as we start to become a major force in Europe – cannot wait !

(Not that i am getting ahead of myself)

• toon22

May 30, 2019 at 6:55 AM

After 12 years of lies I see no reason for the current sale not to be just the latest sale lie

• geordieboy83

May 30, 2019 at 6:58 AM

Morning all, fingers crossed it’s great news awaiting us! Can’t wait to see the blog awash with excitement as oppose to sniping and bickering.
    Couple of marquee signings I’ve been thinking of
    Hirving Lozano
    Lorenzo insigne
    Imagine that front 4 with Almiron and Rondon

Trippier or even Nathan clyne would be big upgrades at rwb and Kieran Tierney at lwb

Chuck in joelinton too for good measure. Is it so wrong to dream haha

• Shoulders knees

May 30, 2019 at 6:58 AM

Looks like another day of constantly checking the phone. Sure drains the battery. Hey ho looks like we should be close to knowing one way or another.

• Dragon64

May 30, 2019 at 7:02 AM

see the frog back to normal self god so boring time to go to work

• Mag52

May 30, 2019 at 7:19 AM

OLG.

Don’t be taken in by Lesh and Tynemouth’s absurd claims that Remain won the European elections on Sunday.

• Jib

May 30, 2019 at 7:20 AM

I picked an old newspaper to read on the bog this morning
    in it was an article by Martin Samuel about our 2 -3 home loss
    to LPool – the one where Rafa uses the F1 analogy.

He says we are competitive on the corners (coaching) but
    on the straight (quality of players) the top 6 generally easily pull away.
    LPool brought on 3rd choice players Shaquiri and Origi as game changers
    at NUFC they’d probably be marqué signings.

Hopefully now that all changes

• Lindisfarne