web analytics

Former Newcastle Defender – Be Skeptical And Cautious About Potential Takeover

John Anderson was a defender for Newcastle and the Republic of Ireland from 1982 for 10 years.

John is the commentator for the Newcastle matches on BBC Radio Newcastle.

John believes the latest potential acquisition of Newcastle coming from Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan should be viewed on with some skepticism.

Newcastle fans have been burned at least twice before over the last 21 months with potential bids from Amanda Staveley and Peter Kenyon going down in flames.

In both cases it was because they couldn’t;t raise the funds of at 300M to buy the club from Mike Ashley.

Fans are hoping this bid will be different, and it certainly seems different.

But we suppose you never know what’s going to happen at Newcastle.

John Anderson commentating on Bournemouth game last season

This is what John Anderson has said about the potential deal in the Shields Gazette today:

“It always seems to happen at the same time of the year.”

“These stories come about, people get really excited, but all of a sudden it goes quiet.”

“I would always remain skeptical until the deal is actually done.”

“We will wait and see, but if it is going to happen, it’s not a deal that will happen overnight.”

“It’s going to take time and that means having to stay patient.”

“We had Amanda Staveley, then Peter Kenyon, and there have been others, we always get let down.”

“So, when this news broke, I didn’t get carried away, I didn’t get excited, and I understand why people get excited.”

“The supporters want change; they want to see ambition and they want to see their club taken forward.”

“Hopefully, this time it happens, but there are no guarantees, so it’s a case of remaining cautious.”

As John says – hopefully, it will happen, but we don’t want this thing to go on for weeks and weeks.

After all, Mike Ashley is involved.

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 8:40 AM

Twitter feed from an actual verified (blue tick states it’s verified) lawyer and people say it’s fake lol

• Optimistic Oryx

May 31, 2019 at 8:41 AM

Jimiley

Aren’t you a ray of funking sunshine

Even Welsh seems positive, chin up

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 31, 2019 at 8:44 AM

Bloddy hell Ando, where’s the fun in portraying that sort of an attitude. 🙂

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 8:46 AM

I’m probably taking this way out of context but I received a email from a gentlemen and his business is based in Dubai (clothing retail I believe)

He asked for prices on Newcastle tops wholesale in various sizes and how much they would sell on my website https://www.nezmastergames.co.uk/

I told the gentlemen unfortunately because you are based outside of the UK you wont be able to acquire our services through our website to sell your stock.

My administration showed he tried to sign up but my website is UK based only so he couldn’t.

• Jib

May 31, 2019 at 8:51 AM

Friday May 12 we beat Leicester City at King Power Stadium
    This put us on 38 points – ahead of Cardiff by 10 points
    BZG said they did proof of funds the following Wednesday
    After the Foxes game amongst all the post match analysis
    Rafa said:-
    “This result could change a lot of things and hopefully will change a lot of things”

• Munster Mag

May 31, 2019 at 8:52 AM

Yay let’s double down on the misery. Ashley is staying, rafa is getting the boot and kinnear and wise are coming back. Summer budget 20mill if lucky but don’t worry kinnear knows fergie and Wenger. Oh wait..

• Wayayman

May 31, 2019 at 8:52 AM

Nezza, you can buy a blue tick for vanity reasons. Anyway, this lad is NOT the BGZ lawyer. He’s an LA based Man U fan. And Kuwaiti.

• Genjikai

May 31, 2019 at 8:53 AM

If this take over doesn’t happen i hope everyone gets to get to make sure it does happen.

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 8:54 AM

I’ll keep yous updated on any other emails I recieve, I receive plenty of spam from Asia (all SEO and marketing) but this email was direct from my website (IP address check which also confirms location)

• geordietom

May 31, 2019 at 8:55 AM

Rafa Benitez emerges as contender for a BIG European club | Mike Ashley signs a non-disclosure… Shields Gazette08:48…

sorry cant find a link you will have look its on newsnow nufc news

• DaveD1000

May 31, 2019 at 8:56 AM

So Twitterdom today seems to be 40% doom and gloom merchants and 60% lads having fun with the Big Friday and Jetwatch themes

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 8:56 AM

Wayayman

You can buy the tick?

I’ve been trying to get one to verify my business on Twitter but never heard of buying one because I would of done this.

• magicmac54

May 31, 2019 at 8:57 AM

Great advice by John Anderson, we all want to see Ashley gone, but to many fans getting to excited, lets just all keep cool and calm and lets wait to see how this plays out, we have been here before, at the moment its just all speculation, we have no way of knowing if its true or not, lets just all hope for the best, otherwise we could be setting ourselves up for the mother of all disappointments. HWTL.

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 8:59 AM

Don’t know how business works in the football world but once all terms have been agreed and accepted which in Newcastle case it has, you can’t just pull out of a deal without substantial causes.

It’s signed, sealed but needs to be delivered by the PL officials.

• one fine day

May 31, 2019 at 9:00 AM

Meh
    Anyone who has listened to ando’s commentry .
    He is as miserable as I lovetoon8788 most games .

• DaveD1000

May 31, 2019 at 9:02 AM

How To Get A Verified Twitter Profile
    Step 1: Update Your Profile. …
    Step 2: Verify Your Phone Number And Confirm Your Mail ID. …
    Step 3: Set Your Tweets To ‘Public’ …
    Step 4: Make Sure Your Profile Relates To You/Your Business. …
    Step 5: Apply For Verification.

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 9:02 AM

If Mike turned around and says ‘Nah I changed my mind’ can you imagine the lawsuit implications he would have to face against him and not only that his reputation towards other investors in his empire!

• 9

May 31, 2019 at 9:03 AM

I really don’t understand the repeated cries of “we’ve been here before”. When have we had a dated confirmation of proof of funds before? When has a genuine outfit claimed to have actually bought NUFC, subject to proper person test beforehand? Silly me, I must have missed these!

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 9:05 AM

Dave

3 times I’ve done this but at the time when Twitter was going through some verification updates, might try again next week.

• DaveD1000

May 31, 2019 at 9:07 AM

Nez good luck with it

• NezzaNUFC

May 31, 2019 at 9:07 AM

Jib

If you click on the verification link it states ‘check back later’

• RobLeenio

May 31, 2019 at 9:08 AM

I’ve been digging into NY Mag’s Dubai Royal Flight landing at Stansted snippet of last night / this morning.

Not only is it absolutely true that the aircraft termed DUB2 is from the Royal Flight, it also landed at Stansted yesterday and has left this morning on its way back to Dubai.

List of Dubai Royal Flight aircraft:

Looking at its recent activity, this is not the first time this flight has visited Stansted recently, it has been here several times over the last month or so.

Interestingly, it was here till the 13th April, then came back on the 18th, one day after the stated date of sending the proof of funds to ‘Mike Ashley’s lawyers’.

Of course, it could be unrelated, standard diplomatic back and forth. Still interesting, though.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 31, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Don’t they use magic carpets in the middle east?

• Munster Mag

May 31, 2019 at 9:13 AM

Good stuff Rob.

• RobLeenio

May 31, 2019 at 9:15 AM

Ah, man – flying carpets is where I’ve been going wrong.

We also need to bear in mind Ashley’s been waiting for a unicorn buyer.

Unicorns and flying carpets are never seen together.

• Muzza

May 31, 2019 at 9:18 AM

Long time lurker. Going to chip in here.

With regards to the lawyer @dhalajmy that Mark Douglas took a huge dump on, where did he say he was working on the deal?

As far as I can see he didn’t. He shared a link about the sale of the club, (from Sky no less), and then made a statement to say something would be said on Friday. He actually states in his profile on Twitter that he’s a lawyer but works at Al-Wattan Newspaper which is a Qatari publication.

Not unfeasible to believe he might have been given a snippet of info; we’ve got people on this blog who have heard things on the grapevine so not unreasonable to believe a lawyer at a newspaper is going to have connections enough to hear something?

• RobLeenio

May 31, 2019 at 9:22 AM

One more snippet, then I really have to do some work.

Although it’s evident that the DUB2 flight was here yesterday, it doesn’t show on the Stansted Airport arrivals manifest on flightradar.

Therefore, we can assume that any Royal Flight arrivals at NUFC will not show up there either.

• geordietom

May 31, 2019 at 9:26 AM

i’m saying now until it’s …

signed …

sealed …

delivered …

as the song says …

• Budge123

May 31, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Rob I think people would notice a plane landing at Gallowgate!

• geordietom

May 31, 2019 at 9:30 AM

off to the hospital with wor lass she having a infusion . gonna stop looking for news of the take over . till i get back …

hopefully there will be some good news then …

• Sad Frog II

May 31, 2019 at 9:31 AM

Fakeover 2 – 0 Takeover Frog the blog!!!

• RobLeenio

May 31, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Lol, Budge – you’re right, slight error on my part

Interesting way to start the stadium rebuild, however….

😀

• Moonraker15

May 31, 2019 at 9:33 AM

I would think John Anderson prefers the non-existence we have had for 12 years. He doesn’t know anything more than we do so why ask him?

• Jib

May 31, 2019 at 9:36 AM

Why the obsession with Newcastle as the location
    Mash Holdings’ registered office is at their accountants
    Eacotts – based in Burnham , Bucks (60 miles from Stansted)
    That would be the normal place to do business.
    Ashley’s sale lawyer Andrew Henderson of Dentons also lives
    in Buckinghamshire.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 31, 2019 at 9:38 AM

Jib

I said similar yesterday, the deal could be concluded anywhere as could the announcement.

I actually hope they announce from Dubai just to irk the UK press

• martoon

May 31, 2019 at 9:41 AM

I think the takeover is real but something happening today is fake. It’s their weekend now and then a holiday week so I think it will be quiet next week which gives the PL time to complete their investigation.

• Muz

May 31, 2019 at 9:45 AM

It might be a holiday and weekend in the Middle East but it’s business as usual everywhere else. Where this kind of money is concerned, I doubt they’d stop what they’re doing to take a few days. The legal team where I work put in shifts at weekends if it’s needed.

Not saying something’s happening today but it seems BZG like the limelight and public exposure is a big part of this business. I wouldn’t be surprised if any news comes out in time to get some good coverage on the sports pages with the CL happening tomorrow.

• magpie6699

May 31, 2019 at 9:46 AM

martoon – I wondered about the Friday business too. It’s the Muslim holy day of the week and moreover it’s Eid coming up, I believe?

• martoon

May 31, 2019 at 9:47 AM

Oh and Nezza I’m no expert but surely if you put your business on the World Wide Web your severely limiting yourself if you only trade in the UK?