web analytics

Rafa Wants To Sign £20M Goal Machine This Summer

There are reports in the Columbia media today that Newcastle will launch a £20M bid for 22-year-old 3 times capped Columbian International forward Alfredo Morelos.

Morelos signed a three-year deal with Rangers from HJK Helsinki in June 2017 for an undisclosed fee, thought to be £1M – so this would be a massive profit for the Scottish Premiership club.

He had a great season for Rangers last season and in 48 total games he scored 30 goals and had 11 assists and there are reported to be a number of clubs interested in him.

While at HJK Helsinki, he played 62 games and scored 46 goals with 13 assists – so he can score the goals and create them too.

And while at Rangers for the last two seasons he has played 91 games with 48 goals and 19 assists although the league north of the border is a lot different than the English Premier league in class and skill.

Columbian outlet DonBalon claim that Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez wants to sign the player this summer.

22-year-old Columbian International forward Alfredo Morelos

Marseille, Leicester and Borussia Dortmund and Leicester are all interested in the player.

But he has been controversial too over the last two seasons with 5 red cards so that may be something will look at before trying to sign the player.

We are linked with a lot of players who are quite expensive.

We’re not sure if these will be targets if Ashley remains the Newcastle owner or they will become targets if Sheikh Khaled is successful in buying the club.

• toon22

May 31, 2019 at 5:12 PM

The best thing about the who fiasco is every time he pulls it a little bit more anger builds
    A little bit more animosity
    A little bit more bad PR for him and his tat shops

Keep it up

• RobLeenio

May 31, 2019 at 5:15 PM

Interesting comment on the potential motive for Sheikh Khalid and this side of the Al Nahyan family to be buying NUFC

• lesh

May 31, 2019 at 5:15 PM

Plane watch alert…..

A Douglas Dakota’s just flown over Eastbourne and for those who don’t know, they were used to drop paratroops into Europe during WW2.

Rather than use one of the Royal planes and keep a low profile, could the Dakota have been transporting our new owners? Keep your eyes peeled for the Sheikh and his entourage being dropped into St James’ Park!

• Rotonda heights

May 31, 2019 at 5:15 PM

imagine being toon 22 and shadow 24/7 where only bad things ever happen.

• NY Mag

May 31, 2019 at 5:15 PM

Jib,

Nice find…..it’s only a matter of time now

Tick tock…. 🙂

• hibbit

May 31, 2019 at 5:16 PM

• toon22

May 31, 2019 at 5:17 PM

If we are sold ill stop with the MA bashing

Will the pro MA brigade stop if we artnt sold ?

They see so sure,agian

• beermonkey

May 31, 2019 at 5:17 PM

lesh

when is the air show

• Moonraker15

May 31, 2019 at 5:17 PM

Jib
    Your report from Spain is the only genuine piece of news today! Reading into it I guess the players have read the statements from BZG, as we have and accept them as true as there is no denial from Nufc!
    It is of direct importance to the players for obvious reasons!
    I suppose the only reader we bloggers have doubts about the authenticity is that we need seeing negative reports as newsworthy!

• simon376

May 31, 2019 at 5:18 PM

Toon 22, think you need to give Jib a break this time, I’ve just used google translate, not that I don’t trust you Jib, but knew some on here would give abuse, and oh what a daft lat Joselu is, he has giving the game away and confirmed more or less what we have been told. Defo a new board coming in even if not these guys, just got to hope it is them/him

• toon22

May 31, 2019 at 5:18 PM

Tell me again

Who bought us the other 7 times we were sold ?

• Moonraker15

May 31, 2019 at 5:18 PM

*reason not reader!

• toon22

May 31, 2019 at 5:19 PM

Like last time when the accounts were changed

PROOF

Defo being sold wasnt it ?

Its the usual lies

• simon376

May 31, 2019 at 5:19 PM

That’s not Micky saying that is it Rob lol

• Moonraker15

May 31, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Simon 376
    Joselu probably only knows what we do! ie statements from BZG and no denial from the toon!
    It would be too far fetched to think the players have been told what’s going on. However it does highlight what a bunch of doubters we have become!

• RobLeenio

May 31, 2019 at 5:24 PM

Lol Simon, I dunno – it could be. I don’t know what his twitter handle is, or even if he has one.

Maybe I just ‘outed’ him

🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 31, 2019 at 5:24 PM

On a note of possible interest to WW2 airplane buffs, around 40 Dakota’s and several other transport planes of the era are doing flypasts over a number of seaside towns including Southend over the next few days. The Southend one is next Wednesday at 2pm.

• the ledge

May 31, 2019 at 5:27 PM

Toon22 your getting really annoying now even to people like myself who hate Ashley .
    Why not just give it a rest until the transfer window closes and then start again if he is still here .

• simon376

May 31, 2019 at 5:27 PM

Yeah Rob just know he has said that lots

Moon
    Maybe, but if it is the case shows how bad club is for not updating staff

• Bobbybee

May 31, 2019 at 5:28 PM

Try again. I think the whole point of the Sheikh releasing that statement was because nothing would happen re the takeover for quite some time. So it was highly unlikely that any further development would arise so quickly – as in today.
    We’re in a waiting game again. The pulse rate will increase and decrease over the next couple of weeks, before anything concrete happens.
    Either the Sheikh wanted to make himself a laughing stock, or he genuinely wanted to explain certain matters to allay fears the takeover was real or not. This time last year Rafa would’ve been climbing the walls, yet he appears, calm and happy for things to play along. It’s fair to say that despite his denials, he knows what’s going on. He needs to do this. He’s just an employee after all and he wants to keep his job either way. He loves it here. If there’s money to be had to spend, he wants to be the one to spend it, after years of having to put up with Ashley’s BS about every penny generated.
    I’ve always followed my gut reaction and even when I may have been a lone voice, I’ve maintained a belief he would stay. I didn’t know about any potential takeover but maybe that’s why my gut kept saying he’ll stay? Who knows? My gut still says he’s staying. Right or wrong. No inside info, no friends in high places, no crystal ball. Just a belief he’d stay and extend his contract from the day he arrived.
    Let’s hope I’m right. He stays, with money to spend.
    Not saying for one second I’m right, I just believe it. Gotta be better than some of the comments that would contain a snarling faced emoji if one existed.
    Nobody knows anything. All just down to what side you prefer to take. But people making claims as fact, is just embarrassing.

• Munster Mag

May 31, 2019 at 5:29 PM

Toon22, you will be gone soon, thankfully. And the only one weeping will be Tsunki, your sap of a friend. Only a sad bastard will miss your inane repetition.

• Throckley Gadjee

May 31, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Bobbybee,

Those last 2 lines are spot on IMHO.

• Singinginthecorner

May 31, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Toon22 needs to change his/her name to gloom22 thinking of hanging myself listening to him spouting his rubbish sounds like he’d be so happy if he was right and this fell through not the actions of a toon fan in my opinion

• Munster Mag

May 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Bobby in fairness you weren’t the only one buddy. I’ve maintained rafa wud stay once leicester got a new boss. I’ve also said Ashley wud sell if a proper offer came, and this one is a proper offer with no relegation clauses etc. Agree also, wasn’t sure why today was significant and didn’t expect news. We might not hear anything for ages as it didn’t happen immediately at city. I wud love a trophy signing when they take over, just to raise the profile and attractiveness of the club. Love it!

• Tramp

May 31, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Announcement tomorrow at 2pm.

• hibbit

May 31, 2019 at 5:44 PM

any one keeping an eye on Eds hit counter ……………….it’s absolutely amazing 😀

• JP...from The Rock

May 31, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Tramp – now where in the hell did you get that info?? Please enlighten me.

• Gnome

May 31, 2019 at 5:49 PM

Other than cryptic hints from a maybe lawyer and the usual Twitter hysteria and trolling I’m not aware of any solid reason why any significant progress on the takeover was expected today. Maybe I missed something. All we have on record that I know of (as opposed to various journo’s ‘understanding’ of what’s going on) are the two public statements from the BZ Group saying the deal is real, a price has been agreed, and they’re now at the stage of the FA/Prem ‘Fit and Proper’ test.

When that’s done (a few weeks?) they can make their formal bid and the deal can be concluded. Until then they may or may not publish more progress reports. I doubt Ashley will. I also doubt that the club will spend any significant money or finalise Rafa’s contract before the deal is done, leaving transfer purchases and the managers contract to the new owners. That’s just me speculating, though.

Right now I’m reasonably optimistic. On the basis of the only hard information we have it looks like a genuine takeover involving a motivated and credible buyer. Once Ashley is gone everything else can be sorted out and fixed. Let’s just hope the idiot doesn’t manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the last minute as he so often does.

• Optimistic Oryx

May 31, 2019 at 5:50 PM

I’ll miss Toon22s rep rep repetition

• toon22

May 31, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Munster

Nobody lies or believes your mate Mikey

• toon22

May 31, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Lies – likes

• the ledge

May 31, 2019 at 5:58 PM

Toon22 your making yourself look stupid again lad give it a rest for f..k sake .

• GeordieTwo

May 31, 2019 at 5:58 PM

It’s all looking good to me. The deal is underway and nothing more can be said until we pass another milestone if then. I see no similarity to previous negotiations. We haven’t seen Ashley and the Sheikh out having a vindaloo or anything remotely like it. This is the real thing. The buyer has real money and isn’t dependent on a series of other people. Unlike Amanda was only a go-between to a group who didn’t seem to want to push it over the line.

• DaveD1000

May 31, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Frog you missed nufc statement one employee is in talks with HMRC

• toonarmydownsouth

May 31, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Jib
    I’ve made the mistake of posting your marca link on my Twitter ? plus side Joselu is loved by the fans now!!

• DaveD1000

May 31, 2019 at 6:03 PM

• JP...from The Rock

May 31, 2019 at 6:04 PM

GeordieTwo- my thoughts exactly, now try telling Toon22 that! Lol

• GeordieTwo

May 31, 2019 at 6:05 PM

I wonder if that employee is Mr. Lee Chutney? Wasn’t he already arrested once or was he just taken in for a friendly questioning?

• Optimistic Oryx

May 31, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Has someone been caught with their hand in the cookie jar?

Nice of Charnley to take one for Ashley.

• Bobbybee

May 31, 2019 at 6:16 PM

Tbh Munster, I was going back to when he first arrived and had the chance to leave when we got relegated. Or the dozen or so times people have had him out the door when things haven’t worked with Ashley, but that’s neither here nor there. I might still be wrong, which is my point. 🙂 He might leave. I don’t know. I just truly believe he will stay and always have. I believe it because he doesn’t want to go. He loves us as much as we love him imo. But it is just my opinion. I have zero evidence to back it up other than reading between the lines. It’s nothing but a belief and I’ve never once stated it as fact. My gut has always said he’d sign an extension and if I could be bothered I dare say I could find it many time repeated.
    My point being, it’s just a belief. Just my personal opinion. As worthless as the next one. What does me is this ‘I know for a fact’ attitude, when nobody actually does. None of us know.
    The blog is for opinions. We all get things wrong and there’s something reassuringly human in being wrong, it’s those who virtually snarl that they’re right and we’re wrong without anything to back it up.
    How can anybody know what’s going to happen? Ashley’s technically one sesh and one curry away from a heart attack – so what if that happens? That could really scupper everything.
    People should pass an opinion, but attacking other posters as idiots or sheep or whatever, just because opinions differ – I think it spoils the blog mate. Just an opinion of course! Others obviously love it, judging from their posts.
    As with Rafa, as I’ve always said, time will tell. We’ll know when we know and not a second earlier. No need for the nastiness, is there?
    Discussion is where its at. Pass an opinion, back it up with reasons – even gut reaction reasons are reasons; powerful reasons in fact and leave it at that.
    Otherwise you leave yourself wide open to ridicule. And then they’ll deny they ever said such a thing. 🙂