web analytics

Sunderland’s Head Of Academy To Join Newcastle This Summer

There’s news coming from the Mail’s northeast reporter Craig Hope that Sunderland will lose their well-thought of Academy Director Mark Atkinson this summer.

He will be joining Newcastle United, and it’s an area Newcastle must improve as quickly as possible so that we can bring youngsters through to the first team.

It’s a priority area for Rafa Benitez – assuming he will stay on and keep managing Newcastle when his contract runs out at the end of the month.

Sunderland Academy Director Mark Atkinson – will join Newcastle this summer

This is a good move for Newcastle at Sunderland’s expense – and hopefully, Mark Atkinson will be joining the next exciting phase of Rafa’s transformation of Newcastle United into a top team in Europe.

• carltoon

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Ed did you read my post.

• RobLeenio

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Makes sense this. Ben Dawson is taking over as academy director, he needs a coach to take his role.

Good appointment in my eyes.

• Wayayman

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:12 PM

Fewm-ometer going off the scale in mackemland…

• Kamakazeee

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:14 PM

The reason for the wall of silence from the club/Ashley, (not sure if they have exclusivity yet?), there has been reports of 2 more groups in the “data room”. I would think the moment Ashley/club goes public about the BZG buying the club they will walk. Doesn’t want to put his eggs in one basket til the ink is dry

• martoon

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Can I start off by saying this is not aimed at anyone in particular but a general comment. To me half the fun of this blog is reading the itk stuff even if I know that the majority of it will turn out to be bollix. However if we start hammering every poster who does this because it turns out they were wrong (and I’m sure most post in good faith from information received) then nobody is going to do it anymore. This has already happened to BamBams and Sparky55 off the top of my head and I’m sure there must be others – so lets cut them some slack eh?

• hibbit

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:25 PM

martoon
    that’s a big lose to the blog both very good posters

• ToonRich

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:28 PM

The next Mike Williamson…on the subject of pints in HK, do the younger locals still go and buy their alcohol in a 7-Eleven store and drink it on the street outside the bars?

• hibbit

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:28 PM

i used to love CraigCozy posts

• G

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Martoon @ 5. Agreed and seconded.

• hibbit

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:34 PM

think Terry Laybourne was taking heavy flak from nufc and either had to sack him or gag him

• martoon

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:52 PM

Cheers G & hibbit – I think BamBams still posts but not itk stuff any more but I haven’t see Sparky55 for a long time.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:00 PM

Martoon, great comment at #5.

I hope that everyone on the blog would want the same thing for our club, it a shame that some have to go around the blog thinking they are the captain of the blog, putting people down because of there views.
    Majority on here have done it including myself but some are relentless in bringing up the past to win and using bullying tactics and twisting what people say.
    I have to agree with you again and think, who cares what people say, it’s there opinion and yes there maybe some truth behind it and maybe not, but it’s only an opinion.
    Our club is called United, but I really getting bored of fans kicking other United fans down.

Let’s hope things can change for our club in the near future that brings a little more sunshine into the Toon Army.

• RobLeenio

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:06 PM

hibbit, I seem to remember you and Shirebrook Toon getting it in the neck 18 months ago, too. It was before I started to post on here but I thought the abuse unjustified.

I think at one point you even decided to leave the blog for a while, which was bad news for everyone, in my opinion.

• Online Guy

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Jib #84

Previous page .

Spot on about the Indian horse breeder living in Ireland ..right on the button ..nail on head.

I was told that.

The next Mike Williamson …I’v not just and did not say a rich bloke from the continent of Asia or such like ..I was more selective and on info received was able to actually name them.

Also mate it was several months ago . I’m not saying it this week or last it’s just that Tsunki and Jail draw me in on it and I have to correct their trouble making comments and comment , they know what they are doing , it’s deliberate agitation and spite.

Anyway what’s wrong if I share anything ..I thought that was what this blog was for ..anyone who shares anything is in for a bad time mind from the two resident blog bullies.

If people Iv mentioned have not met the criteria then is that my fault?

Remember ..I didn’t say this rich guy from one of five continents …as you said ..I named the people interested.

I don’t want to go over this anymore as it was several months ago.

• Bambams

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Martoon, Hibbit

Cheers for the above fellas

I am still here, I am still posting and if I hear anything that can be posted on here I am happy to.

I have broad shoulders, I can take the banter – to be fair i have not had any real insults directed at me personally. But Sparky55 has, OLG has and probs a few others have. I am sure most know a few of us are in contact away from the view of the blog.

What I can say without a doubt, I never add, exaggerate or change the wording, of anything I am told, I may withhold some info to protect the source.

By the way, I have heard nothing more since Tuesday when I reported the decorator was at the training ground and new carpet tiles have arrived.

Cutting edge Intel eh

🙂

• Online Guy

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:12 PM

Jail

Your mentioning my spelling ..my spelling is fine ..another pile of shite from you .

You then make a post saying Indian horse racing bloke going to by us

Don’t ya mean “Buy us ? ..hypocrisy rules ok.

Idiot.

• JohnJ

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:13 PM

“The purpose of the comments is to allow Newcastle United fans and others to express their views on the news of the day concerning the Newcastle United Football Club.

We’d ask that you be civil towards other readers and refrain from obscene language and any comments on religion, ethnic groups or politics.

Let’s make this work – and let’s help the Newcastle United Football Club become great again.

Ed Harrison”

It seems to me that, at times, some posters show very little respect to other folk’s comments – we are all entitled to our opinions with regard to Newcastle United sometimes they will be right, and perhaps, sometimes not but we should be allowed to make our statements without a load of flack coming back. If people don’t agree that is their prerogative but please respond in a thoughtful way.

One other thing Brexit is a very contentious issue and we all have our views personally I voted to leave and nothing has happened to change my opinion but it’s politics and as Dr. Ed states above

“refrain from obscene language and any comments on religion, ethnic groups or politics”

That’s it folks!

• Jib

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:15 PM

Bambams
    FFS !!!!
    What colour !!!
    get with the programme !

• chicousa

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:17 PM

There is a big difference between an ITK who has honestly heard something from a source and shares it with the blog, and someone who is just making up sh!te to garner attention for a false aura of importance…

• Jib

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:17 PM

It’s F.L.A.K.
    not flack
    Fliegerabwehrkanone
    German ‘aviator-defence gun’.

• Lindisfarne

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:23 PM

I want more carpet ITK

• Jib

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Chico are you old enough to remember Nipsy’s poems ?

• jon

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Franks got it

• RobLeenio

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Bambams “I reported the decorator was at the training ground and new carpet tiles have arrived”

Sounds like a euphemism for something to me…..

😛

• Jib

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Lindy
    hear hear
    colour pattern etc etc.

• Jib

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:25 PM

And something about the curtains would be nice
    Chico that’s drapes to you

• lesh

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:25 PM

JohnJ

As a man of music, folk music and therefore history, I’m surprised you voted the way you did.

That’s all folks.

• Lindisfarne

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Does appointing Mark Atkinson mean that Neil Redfern will not be joining?

• Ron Knee

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Roberta Flack.

• chicousa

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Probably old enough, but apparently never exposed to the poems….

• Jib

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Nipsey Russell ?????
    what ?????

• Lindisfarne

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:31 PM

Who needs new players bringing in competition for starting positions when you have a highly motivational new flooring design. Just remember to take the individual ice baths / wheelie bins outside, we don’t want the new rug ruined.

• chicousa

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Jib,
    I remember Nipsey Russell….just not the poems. But using the marvelous google I found a pretty good one:

The girl who would make my life complete
    need not be young and fair;
    Just be a nymphomaniac
    and a multimillionaire.

#NUFC 😉

• Gnome

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:34 PM

I’m surprised NUFC is hiring anyone right now (although Ed’s report does seem to say ‘will join’ rather than ‘has joined’). While the takeover process continues I’d expect Rafa won’t sign a new contract and there’ll be no significant expenditure on player purchases/sales/ contracts. That will all be left for the new owners to sort out.

Even if he legally could spend money/commit funds during a takeover (?) why would Ashley care what state he leaves the club in after he leaves ? And why would Rafa sign a contract now when he might get a much better one in a few weeks from the new owners ? So perhaps the lack of activity on all of those fronts is just an unfortunate but entirely understandable consequence of the takeover.

Although, what do I know ? I’m just guessing like everyone else 🙂

• Bambams

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:35 PM

Just to continue with the humour – and you wont be surprised, but the tiles are very cheap ( I hope they were ordered some time ago pre takeover), thin and are mostly black but have a bit of a dark grey shade which I am told creates a bit of a pattern (they were still in the boxes).

Someone, I think Rob mentioned about Ash possibly taking his brand to the USA – I can state this was suggested to me last week. No firm grounds why they thought this, just a ‘gut feeling’ created by his actions of late.

• Online Guy

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:36 PM

Tnmw

I did not say the Irish/indian were the main guys .

• Jib

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:38 PM

Ron
    This lack of takeover news is killing me softly

• chicousa

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:39 PM

Bambams
    Heaven forbid the slime ball starts marketing his tat over here! 🙁

• Bambams

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:43 PM

chicousa

To quote what I was told “The Americans are mad for their sport over there, he will want a SD Walmart “

• Ron Knee

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Jib

I used to like the song until I heard it was inspired by Don McLean!