web analytics

Latest Updates On Immiment Striker Departure

We had an article earlier in the week about a report in Mundo Deportivo claiming that Joselu was close to signing for La Liga club Alaves. It seems that the report was accurate as there is an update with more details of the looming transfer.

Joselu– flying back to Spain?

Yesterday there was news in Marca that Joselu is indeed expected to sign for Alaves very soon.

He will join fellow Spaniard and former West Ham striker Lucas Perez who has recently joined Alaves for €2.3M.

The report claims the transfer fee for Joselu will be €2M which is about £1.7M. If accurate, this means Newcastle will take a £3.3M loss on the player.

It seems that Joselu is very keen to return to Spain as he apparently will take a cut in wages to join Alaves.

We think this is a good deal for both the player and the club. Joselu was just not going to part of the plans for next season.

There is one caveat to this deal that is worrying. We only have Dwight Gayle as an out and out striker in the squad now.

We don’t believe Gayle has much of a future on Tyneside either.

So expect an avalanche of striker links over the next few weeks as Newcastle are most certainly in the market for at least a couple.

The question is what level of striker are we truly in the market for. With this takeover still in the dark, there is a massive amount of uncertainty as to the quality of player that we will see brought into the club.

We hope this takeover business is sorted soon so that we can finally get to some incoming transfer business.

• IrishRob

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:43 PM

• IrishRob

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:43 PM

And second

• hibbit

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:46 PM

it’s always ashLIE’S way to move the goalposts !!!!!!!!!!!!

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:47 PM

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Did anyone expect anything different ?
    Same last year
    And the year before

Infact its the 8th time in a row
    and it will keep on happening until we force him from our club

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:49 PM

If everything DubaiMicky is saying about rich Arabs is true and he seems to know his onions, then there’s no way those signs will be staying after he’s gone.

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:52 PM

Or maybe DubaiMickey as far as the fake sale goes it taking cobblers
    Not unlike a whole bunch of people have on this blog for decades

Its the 8th time round,how many more times do you think he can pretend to sell us ?

• Binney

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Well just booked my train tickets for Hibs next month. Hopefully we’ll all be singing “we’re gonna have a party CAUSE Ashley’s sold the club” will be ringing round the whole of Edinburgh ?

• Bambams

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Jail

You are probably right, I should of counted to 10 after reading previous post before posting.

Jib

Sorry for sarcastic reply previous post, I was told this from a staff member and a person involved in the finances for Team Ash, this was the reason Ash came out and stated he was ‘allowing Kenyon more time to get the funds’.

Believe or disbelieve fella, it bothers me not.

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM

You think MA would pay to have stuff done to the ground just before he sells up ?
    Or are we to believe the new mega rich owners are somehow funding the “as little as possible” work ?

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:55 PM

This is the most elaborate lie yet
    Im actually quite happy with it as its going to stir up a hornets nest

Keep it up

• Jib

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Remember the rest of Europe doesn’t open their
    transfer window until July 1

• simon376

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:57 PM

From the last thread, I really can’t see the problem about the signs and advertising. Like everyone else I want to see the back of Ashley and would prefer it to be SD free, but if we have a new owner who can and wants to take the club forward, I’ll put up with the signs for a season or 2 more just to know he has gone.

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:57 PM

Once August come around
    And Rafas gone along with a bunch of players
    And someone like Stuart Pearce is dragged into to manage the team
    Without any investment again

Its going to be an utter car crash of a season

Hes going to find out what a bunch of angry geordies can do to his tat shops

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:58 PM

The fans arnt that stupid

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:00 PM

Regardless how bad it gets you will see the PR post stuff on this blog
    Trying to take the edge off the anger
    With distraction,derail,obstruct tactics

To try and wait out the storm
    Till it blows over

Again

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:00 PM

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us too next time ?

• Tony Baloney

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:03 PM

Frog trying to make friends at #7 I see.

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:04 PM

I’ve one agenda
    Hiya

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:04 PM

simon376,
    I wouldn’t read too much in to it, they’re not the owners of Easleigh desperate just to try and make a quick buck, I honestly don’t think we’ll be seeing the signs there if he goes. We’ll have to wait and see what our man on the ground in Ponteland says about it.

• toon22

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:06 PM

It’s a no brainier when it come to toon sales
    If hear about it before it happens it’s just another lie
    Same as all the other ones

• simon376

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Hopefully Toon 22 is right, if the unbearable happens and we don’t get taken over and it’s all been a lie, everyone does do something to make him just leave

With everything that’s gone on this time, I’m pretty confident now and sure it will happen

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Did you see that Bobbybee, star on our hands here I think mate.

• simon376

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Jail
    Think you are right, I’m sure the signs will be well gone, I was just trying to look at other side of things just in case and look at bigger picture, but I think they will be there no more unless he pays the normal rates

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM

This is exactly my point from earlier. Nobody knows what happened in the previous talks because NDA’s were signed them also.
    Although this may be true, it’s unsupported by any evidence. All we do know is Kenyon failed to come up with the dosh, not what goalposts, we’re moved – even though it is very believable.
    I can’t imagine that it would be legally binding to force the Sheikh to keep the signs; unless he’s paying the full going rate. Personally, I don’t even notice the signage anymore – I couldn’t tell you who advertises at SJP and I’m there often enough.
    Would keeping those signs really matter that much? If it meant getting a sale through? As long as he’s paying full whack – and it would cost him a fortune – I’m only interested in what happens on the pitch. Could not possibly care less about bloody adverts as long as they’re bringing the money in.
    And anyway, this is just more pure speculation because the truth is, nobody knows what’s happening. I’m sure Ashley would love to keep his signs up, but I’m equally sure the Sheikh is no mug and will have all bases covered. He’s not about to give Ashley any freebies – he’s had enough to last him a lifetime.
    This is just the crappy reporting Tony and myself were discussing earlier. No evidence to back it up whatsoever.
    Did Ashley make this claim? No.
    Did Sheikh Kaled make this claim? No.
    So basically somebody not connected to the sale in any way, shape or form made it. Its about as reliable as the 300 players we’ll be linked with over the summer.
    Talk about Fake News.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM

I have read this blog for years and have seen accusations of certain people sort of making excuses for Ashley. Not really backing him though. For the most part what I have seen is hatred for the Fat Man. So, who is Toon22 on about when he says that there is Ashley PR on here?

Who specifically Toon22? You say it every day so you must have someone, some people in mind?

I don’t want to join the Fight Club but I am interested to see who on here Toon22 thinks is the Ashley PR mouthpiece?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:11 PM

Wicket and maiden, might be over before my six cans 😮

• Ron Knee

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:12 PM

Wales two goals down.

• Oldgit1

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:14 PM

At least the contributors of newsnow has ceased to link us with players, think they have finally got the message that everybody knows we aren’t looking at players until a) Rafa stays or b) takeover happens.

There are a distinct lack of click baits. Long may it continue.

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Jail, bang on mate. He’s fast and accurate and can bowl a sneaky slower ball that’s hard to pick. He’ll star in test cricket as well. Although not a proper all rounder, he’s a bowler that can bat a bit. Hell be a star for sure. 🙂

• hibbit

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:16 PM

simon376 @13

personal i could see it being a deal breaker. I think your looking at from a fans point of view anything to get Ashley out
    i’m pretty sure a company paying top price £350m for another company will want to make its own decisions on its revenue streams and it’s outsourcing not the selling part got to be a clean for that kind on money surely

• Swlabr

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Tony, @ 26. You will get an answer, it’ll be something to do with trousers, car crash, PR, or lies. Make of it what you will.

• hibbit

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:24 PM

i don’t know what happened with my post sorry

simon376 @13

personal i could see it being a deal breaker. I think your looking at from a fans point of view, anything to get Ashley out
    i’m pretty sure a company paying top price £350m for another company will want to make its own decisions on its revenue streams and it’s outsourcing not the selling party, its got to be a clean break for that kind on money surely,

• lesh

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Tony Baloney

For someone who doesn’t want to join the Fight Club, you seem keen to scratch at old sores.

That’s no more than an observation and doesn’t require a response.

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:28 PM

Oldgit1 – we’re waiting for the sale to go through. Can you imagine the links to players we’ll get if the sale does go through? It’s the quiet before the storm.
    There’ll be links to everybody from Messi to Ronaldo, or if the sale doesn’t happen, we’ll be buying Joselu back!!
    Right now, nobody has a scooby wtf is going on behind closed doors. People have just got to be patient because nothing can happen just yet.
    We’ll get a report saying it’ll take a week or two before the FAOPPT – or whatever they call it now – then we have a couple of days without news – which we knew would happen – and people start fretting and making stuff up.
    What will be will be. As soon as there is any news, either re the sake or Rafa, we’ll hear about it. Until then…

• Ben Afri

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:28 PM

Toon 22

You have demonstrated as much evidence that there are undercover PR posters on this blog as Mike Ashley has that he was committed to the well being of this club.

How about trying to engage posters in healthy discord with those you disagree instead of alienating yourself by constantly trying to antagonise them with your unfounded accusations of cloak and dagger conspiracies.

At least one thing Ashley’s done is united fans in their disdain for him, whereas you seek to divide.

Grow up

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:31 PM

hibbit,
    Personally I think it’s nonsense with certain journos clutching at straws.

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Hibbett, I agree mate. Ashley will have no control over anything connected to the club and even agreements made by Ashley, may not be enforced by any court.
    People are behaving as if Ashley is the only player in this game. As though the Sheikh has never been involved in deals like this and will allow Ashley to walk all over him. That’s not gonna happen. The way I see it is if I’m paying £350m for something, it’s a completely clean break. It’s mine and I decide on advertising, not the mug I bought it off. I really don’t think we, should concern ourselves about the Sheikh. I’m pretty sure he knows exactly what he’s doing.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:36 PM

Lesh: I will give you a reply anyway. I am not expecting anything from Toon22. In fact, I would be surprised if he reads what I said.

• hibbit

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:38 PM

Jail for Ashley

£350m and strings just cant see them standing for that !!!

it’s got to be a clean break