web analytics

Newcastle After Barcelona Wonderkid Who Would Be A Steal

There is a report in the Daily Record that Newcastle have made an approach for Barcelona youth academy star Assumane Fati.

The report claims that Manchester United are in contact with the youngster as well. There is also reportedly offers already made to Fati from Dortmund, Nice, and Monaco.

Fati is in an interesting situation with the Spanish Champions since he is out of contract. The youngster has been offered a three-year deal by Barcelona but the terms and conditions are not to his or his family’s liking.

In addition to better wages, Fati wants to make the jump to the Barcelona B team which plays in the Spanish second division. The Catalan Club would prefer he gets a little bit more seasoned in the U19 side.

Ansi Fati– highly-rated Barcelona youngster

Ansu Fati is still just 16 years old and will not turn 17 until October 31st. He has dual Spanish and Guinea-Bissauan citizenship.

He was outstanding for the Barcelona U19s last year as he scored 4 goals with 3 assists in the 9 games played in the UEFA Youth League. He is primarily a left winger but can also play up front.

Fati is an excellent prospect and would only cost a compensation fee to sign. This would be an amazing signing if Newcastle could pull it off.

• beefman13

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:12 AM

It’s getting closer i can feel it.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer is starting to look like a granny. That blue rinse hair and little chubby cheeks. I give him 4 months before he is off back to his Norwegian retirement home.

• Bobbybee

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Our track record for developing youth players is pretty dim reading. Which is why Rafa wants big changes in that department.
    Unless the sale goes through and the changes happen quickly, I can’t imagine him choosing to come here – especially if Manure are in for him. They do have a decent record of developing youth. As much as I’d love to be wrong, I can’t see this happening. Who approached him from the club? Sounds like he’s using us to get a better deal – which seems to happen regularly.

• Bobbybee

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Tony, when OGS was winning games I was praying he’d get the job full time. What were they thinking? 🙂
    His only experience over here was a disaster at Cardiff. His honeymoon period was brilliant, but they dropped rapidly towards the end. I reckon he’ll be gone before the January window opens.
    Both Manure and Chelsea could slip out of the top six this season.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:27 AM

BobbyBee: I think you either fund the youth team properly or just get rid of it. There are examples of teams building through their youth system and many others of just buying the players – Keegan’s NUFC, Paisley’s Liverpool.

The only teams doing it right are probably Southampton and Liverpool. Maybe Man U.

Chelsea and City have stockpiled players but they are all out on loan because there is so much pressure on their managers to WIN NOW.

• BANDWBURNABY

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:28 AM

May as well go after Messi, offer a few S.D. shirts that would also be a steal

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Bobbybee: I agree on Chelsea and Man U although it depends on who Man U buy.

Chelsea were pretty easy to figure out last year – stop Hazard, stop Chelsea. Perhaps Hudson Odio can be that player them but I am not sure yet whether he is a Stuart Barrowclough or David Ginola yet.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Soon to have no manager
    An owner without an interest in the club
    Utterly no ambition
    Usual relegation candidates

Why wouldn’t anyone jump at the chance of joining

• NY Mag

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:41 AM

toon22,

Why indeed?

• Bobbybee

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Tony, I can’t see Rafa going back to Chelsea. He’s loved here and despised there – no competition there IMHO.
    This transfer embargo is long overdue, but they have got a massive choice in young players. They need a manager like Rafa, but not Rafa. Without Hazard they’ll not be the same team. Unless they get the right manager in they might be in disarray. Hope so anyway, they make me sick.
    I can see Manure struggling with OGS in charge. He’s out of his depth. Too much player power that Fergie wouldn’t have stood for. They need shot of Pogba I reckon. He seems to be the chief instigator. Serves them right though. Like I say, I give him until January if they keep Pogba. Good player, but shocking attitude.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:46 AM

Once this is all sorted and we know that we are rid of the great lying slug we can take transfer reports more seriously.

Keep the faith

• Bobbybee

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Droppy, I ignore links to players unless it comes from Rafa. Usually we only hear about a player coming in when they arrive.
    Last season we were linked to about 300 players ffs. Then when they go elsewhere the news is we’ve missed out, when in reality we weren’t even interested. West Ham are usually the other interested club and neither get the player. It’s not worth even reading links anymore. As usual we’ll sign players at the end of the window because Penfold is useless.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:54 AM

BobbyBee: I have been calling OGS GBC for quite a while on another blog – Gone By Christmas. GBC.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:55 AM

It’s a simple choice

We either let the club did at the hands of MA
    Or we make him wish he had never heard of us

It’s a simple choice

• NY Mag

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Tony,

Good one, GBC – I like that 🙂

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Did. Die.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:56 AM

He will end us if left to his own devices

I’m up for taking him with us

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:57 AM

Bobby

Hopefully Lee who makes the tea won’t have anything to do with it.

Something is going to happen I just can’t see the wall of silence being needed unless there is something to hide.

We’re not going to be able to rush out and spend silly money but not making a profit in a window would be a pleasant change.

• NY Mag

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:57 AM

toon22,

And may I ask what are you currently doing ‘to make him wish he had never heard of us’ ?

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:59 AM

MY mag

Remember I think your part of the PR
    Someone here to keep the idiots in check

😉

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:00 AM

You think the fans will sit back and watch the club slowly die at the hands of MA ?

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:00 AM

We’re not stupid

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:02 AM

You think the BS you see here will matter one jot ?
    Once the bell starts moving

😉

• Bobbybee

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:04 AM

Real Madrid have already spent £200m and looking to spend a lot more. Where’s the FFP panel?
    Whatever happens with this takeover we need Rafa signed up and spend the money he has.
    I’ve read that Ashley expects Rafa to sign a new contract but the under 26 policy remains. That may be the stumbling block because he wants Rondon and rightly so. I just hope it’s not the straw that breaks the deal. If he’s allowed to sign Rondon he’ll stay I think.
    Whatever happens we have a right to know where we stand. This really could only happen at Newcastle.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:05 AM

So Froggy: You think NY Mag has an agenda to protect Ashley on here? Are you serious Frog? Now that’s a conspiracy theory and a half. Ashley has planted a NY Mag, soon to be off to Ann Arbor, on a NUFC Blog 🙂

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:05 AM

You see we support the club
    It’s not something we can profit from or exploit

It’s obvious you’ll never understand the fact all that passion for football can so easily turn to s passion to hurt that which you love

It’s obvious who is to blame

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:05 AM

Tony

I don’t care what you think

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:05 AM

“Once the bell starts moving”

What does that mean?

• NY Mag

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:06 AM

toon22,

Oohhh, I remember – how could I ever forget 😀

Of course what you think, and what’s actually reality is somewhat different

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:06 AM

Toon 22

You keep saying everyone is PR, it was a valid question.

What are you actually doing or going to do to remove the stain of Ashley from our club?

As I said earlier today, I admire your tenacity in getting your point across, it’s repetitive but you could be right.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:08 AM

Not much point going on about it

The people who matter know

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:09 AM

toon22: I know you don’t care what I think. Try having more than 3 things to say that you put on endless repeat.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:09 AM

Waiting on Newcastle United plight is worse than hoping she would say yes when you propose.
    Waiting on Newcastle United plight is worse than waiting for your accountant to get back to you with your tax returns.
    Waiting on Newcastle United plight is worse than sliding down a banister full of razor blades.
    Waiting on Newcastle United plight is worse than having to meet the in laws for the first time.
    Waiting on Newcastle United plight is worse than reaching 50 and knowing your doctor is going to tell you to bend over and starts singing moon river.
    Waiting on Newcastle United plight is worse than getting kicked in the nuts by a horse.
    Waiting on Newcastle United plight is worse than waiting for the results from a clinic when you just get back from Benidorm.
    Waiting on Newcastle United plight is not as bad as being a supporter of the red and white shite down the road.
    I guess that’s why they call that Small Mercies.

• NY Mag

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:10 AM

BTW toon22,

Regardless of any other considerations.

‘To keep the idiots in check’ – is a pretty condescending statement to the people on this blog .

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Oh

So the endless lies and constant sales are due to MA and his goons thinking we’re all anything else

Obviously you want to twist this to your agenda

We’re not stupid

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:14 AM

NY

I’m an idiot, I bought a Nigerian lottery ticket.

Why didn’t you keep me in check?

• Tony Baloney

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:15 AM

I still don’t hate the Frog. He is right on certain points, even though he repeats them endlessly.

Most PR is BS. So his Hiya KBA statement is valid.

Ashley does not care and can’t be trusted so we really don’t know what is going on now.

That’s about it, I can’t remember what Toon22’s 3rd point is?

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:15 AM

You think the fans and the people on this blog have been treated with anything other than utter distain ?

We are lapping up the lies and the sales ?

Hiya KBA

• NY Mag

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Sorry droppy mate….I should’ve warned on the Nigerian lottery front 🙂

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:16 AM