web analytics

Newcastle Attacker Speaks Of Staying At Newcastle For Years To Come

Christian Atsu has given an interview to Football Made In Ghana in which he spoke of his happiness at Newcastle today.  As you would expect from Christian, he had glowing praise for Newcastle and their great fans.

These are some of the comments he made to the website:

“I’m very happy at Newcastle, I’m happy with fans, especially the manager Rafa Benitez and the entire staff. I would love to stay there for many years but it will depend on me and my performance. I have to do my job”

These are very nice words from Christian, who is just an excellent person.  He is always smiling and has really represented Newcastle well since joining the club three summers ago from Chelsea.  A move that was initially on loan before it became permanent a year later.

He has made a total of 96 appearances at Newcastle with 8 goals and 5 assists.  While he did start 16 games last season, he had lost his place when Newcastle signed Miguel Almiron from Atlanta United in January.

From then until Almiron’s injury in April, Atsu was limited to the odd substitute appearance.   Though he played really well when he returned to the starting eleven in the final three games this past season.

Christian will find it hard to get on the pitch next season, especially if we are taken over by the Bin Zayed Group this summer.  While he is blessed with excellent pace and acceleration, his final ball has often been sorely lacking.

With so much up in the air at the moment with Newcastle, we are not sure what the future holds for the Ghanaian.  We feel he is a really valuable squad player and an excellent teammate.  He can still do a job coming off the bench and use his pace late in games.

With two years left on his contract, Newcastle could certainly recoup the £6M they paid Chelsea for him if they felt the need to cash in.

Rafa seems to really like Atsu and we would love to see him stay at the club.  He is an excellent ambassador for Newcastle and for football in general.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Hey Micky your so fine

You say it’s happening every time

Hey Micky

Hey Micky

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:37 PM

No one knows……

It’s close

Or

It’s no where near

How the funk do people expect to be taken seriously when THEY state the above.

If no one knows how the funk can you claim to know?????????

Your opinion is exactly that YOUR OPINION.

Cheesus wept.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:39 PM

If anyone buys us

It won’t be the ones in the news

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:44 PM

But but but Micky said so …..

• Bobbybee

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:46 PM

England begin their U21 adventure tonight against France. Should be an entertaining game and gives us a bit more football to watch.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:46 PM

I hope this new poster northernirishtoon who has surfaced over the last few days seemingly to have a go at DubaiMickey isn’t a regular without the cojones to post under his real name Mag p?

• Bobbybee

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:49 PM

Jail, you’re in danger of becoming obsessed with multiples mate. 🙂

• jon

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:49 PM

Have faith peeps, it’s happening.

Having a couple of pre sale celebratory drinks.

🙂

• Bobbybee

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Jon, I’m beginning to think you’re just using this takeover as an excuse matey!! 🙂

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:54 PM

You do realise the sun article : reporter leaked the information after He found out about the heads of terms bring agreements and then jumped the gun to say it was an exclusive

If it had of came off he was a genius , but because it’s Ashey it means nothing

He’s agreed heads of terms before to sell the club , that’s a FACT

Does it not tell you something that not 1 other journalist or media outlet believes this will happen or is close

They all just rehashed the sun story

The bid is real and they wavy to buy the club but it’s not close

Don’t believe Micky

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Being agreed

I meant

• jon

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:56 PM

What are you saying Bobby?

😉

• mickybraham

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Frank – your post of the companies house link – Did you notice that the wrong person is the down as the sheikh ?

• northernirishtoon

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Hello jail havent posted in a few years but been here a while

I see your still a bell end

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Ronknee
    Mark Hughes – funny I heard a rumour on Saturday night that the people buying the club would like to bring him in
    Laughed it off
    Arghhhhhh!!!! No No – now his name has popped up again

• Diddly

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:59 PM

No need for micky to get stick. He gives snippets on what he knows. That’s all. If that doesn’t fit into people’s timelines unlucky.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Micky – nothing personal

But your info is duff , it’s not close and the company haven’t got the money (Pinsent)

You are being fed BS, they all want it to happen over there

(So do I)

But Ashley would hate to see us succeed

He wants his money and he would rather sell to someone else with less ambition

Remember he lies

He said he will only sell to someone that can take us forward (ok we’ll sell to BZG)

He will sell to anyone that bids the price he wants , but he will select the group and not the media

• Bambams

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Jail

I couldn’t recall if he was a regular poster or new to the blog, bit unfair to target a Micky who has been totally honest and shared what he has been told, but everyone has their opinion.

It’s as if some on here might prefer the takeover not to happen just so they can have a go at those who possibly shared info about it.

Everyone has the choice to just skip over it, but to mock someone when they themselves have no idea, just childish behaviour.

I still think its Ash, who cares not when it goes through, that is slowing it down. Maybe he wants ST money or Sissoko/Wini payments due.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:01 PM

Mickybraham

Nah i didn’t realise that

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:03 PM

I want the takeover more than anyone

Plus , I would never say

See I told you so , because that means no takeover

Which means more misery

I would much rather eat humble pie and be very very happy

• Bambams

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Frank

That’s good to hear fella.

Folk have their opinions, banter at the end of the day, I just think Micky has done well finding out what he has and sharing it.

But that is just my opinion.

• The mighty wyn

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Agreed bambams if you don’t believe then don’t but it gives some of us hope that something is happening. Still don’t buy the other bidder thing. Have they got as far as stuff being sent the fa etc. No one knows and everyone can have an opinion
    It’s the hope that gets you

• northernirishtoon

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:08 PM

No ones targetting micky get off your high horses

Just saying if yous think he knows more than caulkin or edwards then yous are being naive.

Read the posts properly

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Mag P,
    Firstly my apologies but you did used to post as Irishtoon or something or other hence me thinking that.

northernirishtoon,
    Who is the bigger bellend you, for not posting for a few years only to return to have a pop at a fellow poster or me for pointing that out???

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:11 PM

I have also called DM out as I am sceptical but I thought it was being done under false pretences.

• Dubs Left Glove

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:12 PM

SSN Breaking news, Rafa actively considering the deal from China.

Rafa trying to force the fatmans hand?

• Jib

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Jail for Ashley
    You

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:14 PM

Well if you say it’s true Jib it must be, afterall you record at getting things right is astonishing 😮

• Bambams

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:16 PM

The Mighty Wyn

I agree mate, I struggle to believe there is another bidder, seems odd we go years without anyone wanting to buy us but as soon as talks start with a buyer we hear there is an unknown buyer doing due diligence – not like Ash to lie.

I just wish I could work out why the delay and silence from Ash.

• Ron Knee

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:16 PM

Charlie

Generic British dinosaur manager!

• northernirishtoon

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:21 PM

Wasnt having a pop at him. Just stating the obvious.

Does anyone actually believe the money is at pinsent masons cos micky from the blog says so. Catch yourselves on

• hibbit

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:25 PM

disappointing the back stabbing has started so early

• Mag :P

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:26 PM

Just to clarify.

That isn’t me.

I was Irishgeordie9 back in the day. Probably over 4 years ago that.

I understand your point jail and no offence taken.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:28 PM

Rafa has to look after himself, it’s no good him hedging all his bets on Newcastle. He will look at alternatives but I think he will not go to China.

• Toon44

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Be quiet hobbit.

• Toon44

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Micky knows nothing.

• Toon44

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Apart from the obvious, why would Rafa go to China.

• Toon44

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:32 PM

Be like coaching minions, lol.

• Bambams

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Northern Irish Toon

The only reason I believe it has been transferred is because the ongoing messages I have had from Micky, yes they are via email but this is for a reason.

I also look at timescales, it is much quicker to get the money transferred once the green light is on if its already at your legal teams account.

Ash might not be in a hurry fella but the buyers will want every day they can during the transfer window – I am told it takes at least 48 hours to transfer this sum.

Micky started informing a couple of us about this deal in January, it has unfolded as he stated.

We are all Newcastle daft and all want this to happen.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:35 PM

I am not sure if calling someone a bellend can be classed as banter. And it’s getting the most hearts 🙂