web analytics

Sampdoria Have Bid Rejected For Venezuelan Striker

There is news from Argentina that Sampdoria have had a bid of $5.6M (£4.5M) rejected for Venezuelan striker Jan Hurtado.

Newcastle have been linked with the player throughout the summer. At just 19 years old, he could be the perfect protege under compatriot Salomon Rondon. If, of course, Salomon were to join Newcastle on a permanent deal this summer.

This past weekend, we had reported how Gimnasia President Gabriel Pellegrino was in Italy trying to drum up interest for Hurtado.

It appears that his trip may not have been for naught as the Genoese club have reportedly opened the bidding for the forward.

This initial offer, however, has been rejected by the Argentinian club. Gimnasia are hoping to bring in close to double the amount of the Sampdoria bid.

There is also further confirmation that Salomon Rondon is still keen on joining Newcastle permanently this summer. According to a report in the Chronicle, Salomon Rondon has told friends as much and will wait it out this summer in the hopes of a Newcastle move.

Rondon and Venezuela will make their second appearance at Copa America in just a couple of hours against Brazil. While Hurtado did not make the Venezuelan squad, Newcastle scouts are reportedly at this game to watch newly linked winger Jefferson Savarino.

• carltoon

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Olg I went to the match when there was very few young women. The Popular Side. One cement toilet block which I wouldn’t care use. And the abuse was horrendous. Now I’ve got a lovely seat and I’m continually told to give it up or it’s my fault we’ve got that horrendous owner.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Cartoon I’m old enough to remember standing on the poplar side . I just wondered as I wrote that was it know as the popular side as you say or the poplar side ? I say this as I recall a line of trees along the line of the listed buildings behind the terrace.

Ain’t googled it as yet.

You enjoy your seat Carltoon ..you earned the right.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:21 AM

That news I shared about 3 weeks back (ROB) about the two interested buyers bidding against each other and both stuck at £330 million, might have some credibility as its sort of coming out now in the media. it’s old news to me and the blog now .

I reported it on here as I heard it ..I don’t know if it’s right but it came from a top ex pro and his company when he is socialising is one of our football hero’s.. so he’s credible .

By the by anyway .

I did question the fact that that the Sheik would not go any further on price as I can’t see that holding water ..and was told Ashley is playing one off against the other to see who blinks first .

I contacted someone , let’s say interested, in the deal and ran it by him he said things have moved on a pace …in other words forget all that .

Mickey is up to speed I’m sure, so anyone taking a bite at him or others trying to share please remember we know it’s a thankless task but feel the need to inform and its harder to do when you face criticism .

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Betty are you around ?

• Munster Mag

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:25 AM

Good evening night shifters. Carltoon if Ashley flucks off I’m bringing the kid over soon and I’ll buy you that white wine 🙂

• Munster Mag

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Olg ffs don’t bring out Betty or I’ll lose with his abuse of gaelic football.

• lochinvar

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Is Amanda back in the game ? That’s what we need to know.
    I feel another Ruby Murray might be on the horizon.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Hello Munster !

It’s been a while .

Hope yer well mate.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Good morning Lochnivar !

There’s a few a tad late clocking on …looks at watch ..we’ll give them 10 mins…

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Lochinvar

• carltoon

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Ok Munster.

• TheJimBelow

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Don’t think I’ve ever posted on the nightshift before.
    Is it open to all or is there an initiation ; -p

Wouldn’t it be nice if when the slug fcuks off we held a blog get-together somewhere in town for a celebratory pint/glass/bottle/short/shot/tea/coffee/juice/water or two??

I’d go for a weekend at least to celebrate that! Get as many of us as can make it in the same place, toast to Ed and Neil, good riddance to Ashlie, and NO funny business 🙂

We can only hope eh??

• Munster Mag

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:43 AM

The young fella nearly abdicated to Liverpool esp with their CL but I somehow managed to turn him off. I told his geordies were cool and tough and scousers were annoying whinging bastards. I did a full spittle scouse accent and he didn’t like it 🙂

• carltoon

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:46 AM

It could have been the Poplar side. When they built the East Stand we moved into the Gallowgate corner. My first Season tickets were for me and my daughter standing in the paddock. If you have the video of back to the top. Every time we scored a goal me and the bairn we’re on it. Me with me curly perm.

• TheJimBelow

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Munster
    Yesssss keep him on board man!!
    No glory hunters lol

Is he into the GAA?

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Mmm

Iv always had my suspicions about the prem league fixture allocations and how their computer is programmed , do they feed us in with a batch of ten and always including the top six ?

Bloody diabolical and suspicious ..seems like they don’t want us ever breaking the cartel at the top. Read this if you will .

• Kamakazeee

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:51 AM

@onlineguy:-

What do you mean things moved on at a pace? The Sheikh’s bid has gone too quick for the others to catch up or another bid has gone quick enough to be in with a shout?

• carltoon

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:51 AM

I see there’s a few journalist questioning our horrendous start to the season again. Definitely a conspiracy.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:00 AM

Kamakazee

I read it as the situation has changed from two bidders vying for pole position.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:04 AM

Lesh, Bill , your wages are docked .

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:07 AM

Thejimbelow

Welcome to the nightshift .

It seems a good thing to participate in as we get to talk to our North American Cousins and those on a few hours behind us and ex pats.

Always a pleasure

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:08 AM

The problem with the start last term wasn’t just the high number of games versus the top six. It was also because we were sending out modest sides, missing the quality of Rondon in particular Lejeune, Schar, and without the influence of good players like Hayden, Ki, Almiron and Longstaff, and also playing 4 at the back. With a fit and better squad we can handle whatever the fixture computer throws our way.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:11 AM

I agree though the computer needs a re-boot.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:19 AM

I don’t for one minute think there is a second bid, I said a couple of days ago July 1st, new owners announced, standing with a smiling Rafa announced and the following week players getting there medical.
    Simple as that, July 1st Newcastle United’s Independence Day.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Agreed Nicky

Thing is I thought this season would be different when the fixture list was announced as regards our first ten games ant the cartel at the top ..it differed only slightly .

When you think we didn’t have a man sent off against us for a suspicious length of time , eons, and never given a penalty in our favour for an age, one could be forgiven for thinking there is a bias running against Newcastle United.

Opening Fixture list for last season and this, in comparison to Everton’s say, cements my suspicion. Fix !

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:22 AM

So we think maybe BZG have offered 330 and that’s been accepted in principle, but that Ashley continues to leave the door ajar for one or more interested parties to trump that offer, and so we still have some ways to go, but a sale is still very much on.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Nostrodamus

I think this is it . Ashley is gone.

Also had the thought that the lads who sing at him from the Gallowgate end have had a good role to play in getting rid..can you imagine sitting down at a match at a football club you own and hearing that ..unloved..nay, detested… and the locals are voicing their opinions in not so complimentary terms, to say the least !

It’s got to have had an effect .

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:36 AM

Nicky# 26

That was just an old rumor from 3 weeks back. Went round a bit and some good people repeating it, ex players.. Its old news to the blog, only just being spoke about by the hacks now and they are grasping at anything that moves.

Who knows what Wednesday will bring ..its dragged on a bit for the club not to say anything on the subject..you would have expected a denial at least.

No Comment .

• lesh

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:43 AM

Online,,…

Late, phew, no excuses – takeover fatigue…….

Chill to Uncle Lou

• lesh

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Online

Old news hitting the press is no surprise…. They read the blog and print their ‘own’ scoops/ exclusives.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:47 AM

Totally agree OG, when I would watch the matches in the states it made me smile my ass off the fan songs directed at the dipshite we have to call the owner.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:52 AM

I wouldn’t think George Caulkin a hack though OG, and he is saying there definitely is another hat in the ring.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:41 AM

they managed to go several months with absolutely zero leaks. what makes anyone think these same people are suddenly popping out to the pub and blabbing details to anyone who will listen? when there is no news, people guess, other people hear those guesses and spread it as truth. others will hear that ‘truth’ and spread it further. Chinese whispers. there are only so many possible options and they’ve all been hinted at. OLG, it’s very likely your ex pro contacts are doing the same. our current players know nothing, rafa knows little. those who need to know know, and the rest of us know what little they want us to know. the shiek doesn’t get on the phone to dave kitson or steve howey, he probably doesn’t even tell his 1000s of family members. Ashley tells nobody, probably not even his wife. Dubai has done well getting us little pieces of info which from what I gather point in the right direction, but nobody can claim to have a clue about what is actually happening. we were all as shocked as each other when the news broke, nobody saw it coming. I think NY Mags reasoned view that all the signs point to a sale is the only view we can take. we will be sold at some point.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:47 AM

As for timelines, the FA fit and proper test should be finished by now as long as everything was correct when it was submitted. Anyone know what stages follow that? Is it just transfer of funds? Is there an auspicious day in the Arab calendar that the Shiek might be waiting for to start his tenure?

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:26 AM

Nostradamus – if your prediction doesn’t come true on July 1st will you be changing your name? Just wondering 🙂

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:30 AM

Looks like the Brazil/Venezuela game finished 0-0. Glad I didn’t bother with that one!

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:17 AM

no need to change his name, he can just change the goalposts and say I didn’t state which July 1st. that’s what most Nostradamus’ usually do.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:55 AM

Has anybody done a study of how VAR affects the number of goals in a league? Germany had it last year so there must be something out there. My gut says more penalties but also more “goals” ruled out for offside. It will probably even itself out but we will be net winners because we are never awarded penalties and might get a few more this year. And Harry Kane may actually be sent off for some of the awful tackles he does.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:01 AM

Jane has a strop on about something that Dubai Micky said and says she has quit the blog. Why would you leave because of a spat with one person? It seems that every day there is a falling out on here but then after a short time it blows over. I am not even going to comment on what was said because that would only prolong the drama.

I don’t for one second believe that Jane has quit permanently, partly because I think she/he is Jib.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:26 AM

Chancel, I can see the future, stop asking stupid questions.
    I knew by the way you were going to ask that!!!