web analytics

Fans Vent On The Sorry State Of Affairs At Newcastle

With there seeming to be no break coming anytime soon in the gridlock at Newcastle, our fans have their say on Twitter.

This is all beyond a joke no as the club are again imitating a circus, and the bad publicity is not good for the cub.

It’s never been easy being a Newcastle fan but hey – if we lose Rafa – that would be the worst thing to happen to the club for a very long time.

And it could get even worse if Ashley stays on as owner.

Even though the Chronicle keeps reporting Ashley really wants to sell the club this time – we still wonder.

And of course, however close any takeover is to completion, he could still squash the deal at any time.

That’s what worries us the most – this man is still around at the start of the season and Rafa is gone.

Ashley’s been a cancer on Newcastle for twelve long years.

There – I’ve said it.

============

• IrishRob

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:50 AM

The joy of first.

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:51 AM

geordietom – link to some video of Johnny Rep scoring at SJP on the previous article.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:55 AM

Repost (again)

hatem786 – you mean this Oslo/Pakistani guy? Sheikh Umar Farooq Zahoor https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farooq_Zahoor ?

If so, that’s a worry.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Morning chaps! Still no good news 🙁

• Mag :P

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:00 AM

JP

Honestly don’t hold your breath mate.

No real developments for weeks.

Depends how you look at it if thats a good or bad thing.

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:01 AM

micky from previous, this hatem786 guy was on last night, saying we had been bought, the deal was done and his source was his brother(?) in Dubai. He said the buyer was Sheikh Sahib, which I thought was a typo, but which he repeated this morning.

The reference to Oslo is because this is where he himself is based, not the supposed buyer he’s talking about, so unlikely to be the guy you referenced, who would anyway have no chance at the fit and proper test, even if Sheikh Khaled chose to associate himself with him.

I did a search for Sheikh Sahib last night – I thought it may be an honorific nickname for a well known UAE figure, but came up with a blank. According to Wikipedia, Sahib is ‘a word of Arabic origin meaning “companion”‘. Do you know of anyone he could be referring to?

I’m inclined to ignore this guy, but am intrigued by the terminology.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:01 AM

JP

Morning, you know the old saying?

No news is par for the course ha ha ha

• IrishRob

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Repost…

Anyone notice hatem referred to Newcastle as ‘u’ not us. Kinda obvious he doesn’t support Newcastle and if he doesn’t support us then what would he be doing with a profile on here?? Hmmmmmm I wonder…..

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:07 AM

He’ll be back tomorrow with a time for the announcement ha ha ha

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:12 AM

Irishrob

Yeah spotted that.

Seems like a complete chancer but who the hell knows these days.

• geordiemark

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:14 AM

RobLeenio

cheers again for the link for the bastia game its been decades since i last saw that

• TomaKaThor

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Another day another day of nothing, dont know why i bother when there just ridiculous posts about who where linked with that there is no point even looking at even more so somehow than other windows

• Plaigombi

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:15 AM

The whole takeover shambles is a pretence by Ashley to get rid of Rafa and try to get supporters off his back. It can’t be the FCB’s fault if Rafa doesn’t sign a new contract. No trick is beneath this odious excuse for a human being.

• hatem786

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Dubaimicky
    Yes his name is Omar Zahoor sheikh but he is Pakistani its right what you say i agree with. His family lives here in Oslo his brother is my friend he knew i am Newcastle fan he called me last night after he has spoken with his brother that Newcastle United has been sold. The deal was done on wednesday. Today i have spoke with again and he told me it Will be announcement tomorrow. I tell you only what i have been told i am so sick og Mike Ash i am not posting here or go to STJ again.i have been blessed with a boy i want to take him there also till his gone. But now i can. Sorry this was Out og contest dubaimicky i know he is wanted but belive me he was in one deal for 8 Bill dollar with Royal family there. Si belive me or not its up to you cheeeeeeeeers from Oslo sorry again for my English

• martoon

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM

If you say hatem786’s Sheikh out loud does it not sound like ‘Shakes a heed’ – just saying 😀

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Nice to see sh*te direct taking the pi$$ out of us again!! I really didn’t think I could hate Jabba more than I do

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Re Hatem, I think the info came from the brother of his friend in Oslo. The friend’s brother being a someone in UAE. Just from memory so not sure on location/position of alleged source. Hatem has posted before, someone posted a link to some previous posts and he is obviously a newcastle fan. He is yet to pass the ‘fit and propper avatar’ test mind.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Martoon

Ha ha ha very good

• JohnJ

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Every day I’m looking for news!

Every day I’m looking for any little snippet that will raise my hopes that The Fat Shopkeeper has finally left OUR club!

I sincerely hope tomorrow is the day!

Haway the Lads!

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Lol, the fit and proper avatar test. We already have our very own enforcer, based out of Northern California!

• Dubs Left Glove

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Interesting Thread on Twitter with Geordie Denist who has shared snippets throughout this scenario.

@geordiedentist
    7h7 hours ago
    If you look at St James Holdings they adjusted their accounting year end by one day to 29th June. One day. Either hiding something (possible) or it all starts to stack up to end of June being significant for LOTS of reasons

@nufc0416
    57m57 minutes ago
    And monochrome’s accounts are made up to the 30th of June

Could be nothing i guess.

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:32 AM

What does everyone think of that new home top?? Taking away it looks nothing like the fairs cup winning top…..

I actually think it looks better than what I thought would!! Shame we will have no new players wearing it

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:34 AM

RobLeenio
    will be interested in Jib’s if he ever gets one, which i doubt he ever will as it would give far to much away

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:41 AM

do i detect a slight change of tone in this chronicle article ????

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM

@hibbit

There next article will be that bzg don’t have the money!! They have contradicted themselves since news broke a couple of weeks ago

• geordietom

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:45 AM

ROB … cheers mate for finding that clip …

to say i was gutted that night is a understatement mate …

did’nt johnny rep score against us at their place as well …

me memory’s not so good as it it use to be …

think i saw me self in the crowd … god we used to have dodgy hair cuts back then …

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:48 AM

Who would have guessed that this years fakeover would result in the usual fiasco

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Sheik-en but not stirred
    can’t argue with that,
    just my take that this time they seemed to have at lest done there homework before publishing ,
    probably just me looking for the positives

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:51 AM

Hibbit… I am hoping that positive news is about and they know it! So better to write a decent article

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:52 AM

After a many many years Chicousa has finally convinced me to add an Avatar Picture. It wasn’t as easy as I thought lol Hope you guys like it 🙂

• geordietom

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:52 AM

TOON22 …

yeah i’am gonna ask again have you ever set foot in ST JAMES’S PARK to watch a match …

• cleveleysbob

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:53 AM

Hi everyone, just thought I’d join the Avatar revolution. Don’t post often but always read.
    Thought it would all be done and dusted while I was away on hols but no such luck!

• ToonRich

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:53 AM

All this talk on the fit and proper test of a new owner…but could a hold up be down to something they’ve found within the existing ownership that doesn’t satisfy?? Just a thought!

• geordietom

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM

wish i was still in spain …

• MG-Man

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM

On subject of avatars , if jib was Jane how come Jane had a green avatar ? And no I’m not jib haha

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:58 AM

the more people that add an Avatar the better the blog will be,
    it makes the wums/trolls/multiples so much easier to spot

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Why is it a worry Micky?

• lochinvar

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM

It’s not unreasonable as many have said to think that July 1st is the earliest date there might be developments.

1. End of NUFC financial year is 30th June so clean break time from an accounting point of view
    2. Rafa won’t sign a new contract with Ashley because that would add complexity to any future negotiations with new owners even though he may have some knowledge of where that is going.
    3. Rafa waits until 1st July to discuss his and the club’s options possibly with new owners.
    4. New strip 1st July – full reveal
    5. Signage in SJP is updated from 1st July
    6. Players back for training – 4th July ? Good time for all the PR surrounding that
    7. 1st July onwards the transfer activity kicks in

Anyone checked when Ground Tours are running or not running ….? Might be a clue in that.

Peace love and goodwill to all men and women.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:01 AM

How on earth can I find my oldest post? On google it’s a real hassle to find.

Does anyone know of an easier way?
    Or maybe I am typing the search wrongly?

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:02 AM

When a deal of this magnitude is signed, I imagine there would be a few celebrations and the circle of people who know would grow and the bag that holds the cat would get a few bigger holes. I understand people’s reticence to believe good news, but I believe Hatem is being genuine (although it’s possible he was fed duff info). I believe most people who give info on here are genuine; some are attention seekers, and some are wums (Mackem and Welsh). I think it’s pretty obvious to tell from their posts. I personally like to believe and enjoy the excitement of the process, others prefer not to get their hopes up for fear of disappointment. I expect more info to leak out over the coming days (hopefully a big leak tomorrow!). We had a few interesting revelations last night, all pointing to a done deal. I’m feeling at my most confident today and looking forward to a brighter future for our club and fans.