web analytics

If Ashley Is Selling Newcastle – Why Doesn’t He Give Rafa What He Wants?

There’s a chance when the smoke clears that we’ll be left with an awful situation at Newcastle United.

At the end of August, Mike Ashley could still be the owner of the club and Rafa Benitez, with the three coaches who work closely with him, could have left the club.

Mike Ashley is unwilling to give way to Rafa on recruitment and the free use of his transfer budget – but if Ashley is selling the club, why is he so concerned about this?

One big thing that can help the owner sell Newcastle currently is that world-renowned Rafa Benitez is the manager.

Why would he want him to leave before the club is sold – so why didn’t he give what Rafa wants to stay at the club.?

Mike Ashley – does he really want to sell Newcastle?

We are being told the Bin Zayed Group are well along with in their efforts to acquire the club, and that two other groups are also still involved in trying to buy Newcastle.

But no exclusivity has been granted to any of the groups – or so we are told.

What we don’t understand is why Ashley wouldn’t have given in to the demands of Rafa Benitez, and he could have signed the deal four weeks ago, and we wouldn’t be in this terrible mess of uncertainty the club are in now.

Surely Ashley would have done that if he intends to sell the club and once the club is sold we would expect the new owner(s) to potentially upgrade Rafa’s contract.

Why would Ashley be so firm with Rafa if he wants out of Newcastle?

That’s the question.

If this man is still around by the end of August he really is a reluctant seller – and that simply code for he doesn’t want to sell the club and lose all that global publicity for Sports Direct.

And it could all turn out to have been another ruse not to spend much money in this summer’s transfer window.

We really hope that’s not true.

There should be some protest made to the Premier League about the behavior of this owner – he’s completely unfit to own a Premier League club and had kept Newcastle in chains for 12 long years.

He should have no future at all at Newcastle United.

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:20 PM

CAM

Honestly I’m in the lab right now
    The feeling I have is the one I expect from MA

Long and brown

😉

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Lab-lav

• Bobbybee

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:21 PM

22, he knows what you know – f**k all. Hasn’t stopped you croaking on repetitively for months has it? Remind us, what exactly are you doing to rid us of Ashley again? You keep forgetting to reply to this question

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:23 PM

CAM sounds a bit like Jane

Hiya

• hatem786

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:23 PM

Back from work let me clear som things here. First my friends brother is NOT involved in deal and i have never said that. But he is in contact with them just read about Ameri group deal there he was involved but not in this deal. He dont like fotball or his brother but he knew i was Newcastle fan so he called me to let know he didnt know that Newcastle was for sale. But like i said before i have been told the deal was done on wednesday (yesterday) and the announcement Will be tomorrow. I dont need pr or any attenion or anything but just want to share what i heard last night and today morning. And i have been Newcastle fan since 1990 so plzzz. I am so glad that i can go back to STJ again with my newborn now. Cheeeeeeeeers from Oslo sorry for my English;)

• barkel

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:23 PM

He’s winding us all up on this blog .. will that not get rid of MA?

• Tony Baloney

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Froggy: wish you were right the first time and were in a LAB – being dissected 🙂

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:24 PM

BZG ownership, Rafa at the helm, steady year on year investment in the club as a whole, competing in the league and the cups, pride in our great club again. Everything we’ve ever wanted, just round the corner

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:25 PM

Bobbybee

How about making sure the PR don’t have free reign to aid MA

I’m not sure what I’m expected to do to measure up , but I won’t be doing anything that breaks the law

😉

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:25 PM

CAM

Hiya

• yogz69

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Does anyone else picture Toon22 slothing about scumderland wearing the full sports direct slazenger tracksuit?

• Geordie-john

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Cos he’s a greedy bas##rd

• Bobbybee

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:29 PM

22,you accused everybody else of sitting on their hands and doing nothing. But you’re doing nothing as well. Do you seriously think you’re repetitive nonsense has any effect on MA? Really? Because if this is it, if this is all you’re doing, don’t accuse others, who have gone out and protested, of doing nothing. Because we’ve done more than you sitting on your ass typing rubbish on here. Narcissist.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Hibbitt Bobbybee

I gave my ticket up and I am desperate for the takeover to happen, even if I can’t get back to holding a season ticket.

I just want the club out from under the cloud that is Mike Ashley

• Jib

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:31 PM

toon22
    Hiya Catchy

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:34 PM

droppy in Wallsend

fair do’s droppy but not every that’s been on here today has shown that attitude, some very sad souls showing there true colors been on here today.

• Ron Knee

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:37 PM

hibbit

A NDA is covered by civil law. You’d have to show theft, for example, for criminal law to apply.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:38 PM

Hibbit

As long as I’m not in that boat.

If and when the fat man goes I will be there as often as possible mind.

As said last night during one convo, I have an affinity for St Etienne due to family connections so would love to be there for that.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for passing on the info Hatem

• Uncertain Toon

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:45 PM

I am certain that toon22 reminds me of thrush, the irritating cu.. !!!

• geordietom

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:47 PM

TOON22 …

if your still around …

same question for you …

HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN ST.JAMES’S PARK TO WATCH A MATCH ? …

• jimiley

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Droppy
    I gave up my season ticket as well. Nothing would make me happier than the removal of the “person” who controls our club. Nothing. I will watch every game on TV if I must.
    But he will not go voluntarily.
    Thats what I believe and some others think the takeover will be announced tonight.
    Lets wait and see.
    Negative thoughts are not permitted by the thought police who only want nice things typed. eg takeover tonight. Ronaldo tomorrow.
    Does anybody not think I want that as well. It is called realism.

• geordietom

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:51 PM

taps fingers awaiting an answer from TOON22…

i sit and wait does a frog …contemplate my question … or do we know he’s never been to st james … he loves the mackems instead …

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Ron Knee
    correct,
    it depends on the information that’s handed on and how commercially sensitive it is and if there can be financial gain

• Uncertain Toon

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:54 PM

geordietom, I very much doubt he’s allowed out!

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM

Jimiley

Hopefully we will get back there soon.

Still it’s everyones choice whether they go to match or not, the parasite doesn’t care if we go or not.

If there were huge gaps in the crowd he’d just put SD banners in. The TV money is all he cares about and the fact that the only club shop is owned by him.

I don’t think anyone minds negativity if it’s what you really feel, it’s just easier to hear positive stuff.

Your opinion is just as important as the next guy. We may not always agree with everyone but that’s life, if we all had the same viewpoint we’d be as dull as Charnley’s expression.

• Bobbybee

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM

Droppy, we all do mate, especially ST holders. But you only have to look at clubs like Blackburn, Blackpool and Coventry. Their fans boycotted. Same owners are still at Blackburn and Coventry and Oysten at Blackpool only sold up because he’s virtually dying. All that happened was all three clubs dropped two divisions. Or three. Coventry nearly dropped out the league and only when fans came back did results, pick up. Coincidence? Of course not.
    You can’t hold a billionaire to ransom. The ground will never be empty. Ludicrous pipe dream. He can live without the gate receipts, which are not £40m, just 25m. He probably makes that on interest.
    Sometimes, having a crap owner is just part and parcel, like having crap managers or crap players. God knows we’ve had our fair share. Remember McKeag? Bloody nightmare.
    People welcomed the Sky money, but this is a symptom of it – greedy owners.
    So if you don’t like watching us struggle, you don’t go. That’s it. That’s all you can do. Since you gave up, what, seven years ago? Has it worked? No. He’s still here and the ground’s still full.
    Hell go when he gets the right offer. Not a second sooner. And that’s just how it is.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:58 PM

Jib

The only words my eyes would focus on there were Keith Bishop exploding lol

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:04 PM

Bobbybee

It was 5 years ago. And you’re right he’s still there.

If you look back through my posts, you’ll see I have nothing against anyone who still goes. For me it was weighing up the cost against my ever increasing sense of doom. I follow every kick in any way I can, but since giving up, I’ve been to Paris, Cyprus, Rhodes and on a battlefield tour to Belgium.

As I said to Jimiley, I honestly think a half empty stadium would just be topped up with SD banners the man doesn’t care if we go or not, it was my personal choice.

• geordietom

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:06 PM

uncertain toon …

your more than likely right mate …

unless he’s on a day pass …

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:10 PM

Jib, that article from the Shields Gazette is a crock – it doesn’t mention that until January of this year Keith Bishop Associates was majority owned by Sportsdirect.com Media Ltd. How did they miss that out of their ‘lets explode the myths surrounding KBA’ article.

Who writes this cr@p?

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:14 PM

JIB

Hiya KBA/Jane and a whole bunch of others

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:14 PM

Congrats to Craig Bellamy who has been appointed U21 coach at Anderlecht.

Has anyone told the kids at Anderlecht to stay very, very quiet?

😉

• Bobbybee

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:15 PM

Droppy, I didn’t think you had mate, we all do what we choose to do. People who accuse me of being a sheep I accuse of being a plastic fan. Just tit for tat innit? I’ve nothing against those who give up, only those who act like a martyr over it.
    We all make our own choices because we’re all grown ups. Don’t like it, don’t go. That simple innit? You’ve made your choice and I respect that like you respect my choice – that’s how adults behave.
    Do you read the Mag? Idiot on there called Leazes. Shouted down everybody for going to games and how he was such a hero for giving up his ticket. He was only seen at a game last season ffs. 🙂
    For me personally, I won’t let one man come between me and NUFC. Won’t give him the satisfaction. I was there before and hopefully, I’ll be there after him. The club is bigger than Ashley.
    So like adults we can agree to disagree and still talk amicably. 😉

• toon22

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:16 PM

Geordietom

I’ve no idea what your on about
    I’m betting I don’t really care though

Do yourself a favour and just don’t read my posts

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:16 PM

jimiley
    and what is it exactly that you think you’ve achieved with this great sacrifice you continually ram down our throats ??
    other than cutting your nose off to spice your face that is !!!!!!!

• ben.g