web analytics

Newcastle Miss Out On Another Top Target

We had reported for the past two days about the Nikola Vlasic to CSKA Moscow transfer making big progress. Well, today the Russian club have captured the midfielder who had been with them on loan last season.

Vlasic has permanently joined CSKA Moscow on a 5-year contract in a £14m move from Everton. It looks like this was his only option as no other clubs appeared to make a serious approach for the player.

The news in recent days was that Everton were waiting for Newcastle to make a move, but with everything on hold right now that never materialized.

Below is the tweet from the Moscow club confirming what has to be a top signing for them:

This is another long-term target that has been signed while Newcastle are in a state of limbo. The main focus right now has to be getting this club out of Mike Ashley’s control so it can make the progress the Newcastle fans so deserve.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Blimey a fast late bus service, took most of the night catching up and now I’m have to chase with a broken leg (well OK a bruised one)

I cant actually remember my 1st Newcastle game or when I started watching them but I do remember seeing Vic Keeble in the 1st team so it must have been around 56/7. He lost his place to Len White who was probably my favourite ever Newcastle player.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:28 AM

Bet Len White’s favorite player was Mitch.

• HalftimeBovril

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:28 AM

First post in years and i missed the bus, twice!! so here’s a re-post.

Been following this site for years and years but mostly as a reader, though i do recall posting occasionally in the beginning. After RobLeenios earlier post about searching back through time i thought id give it a go. Man was i surprised, found posts of mine going back to 2008.

And here was one back in 2009 about an arab-shiekh investor.

Well a decade on i’m still praying it finally happens. Having everything crossed its the real deal this time as i don’t want to be posting a link to this article in another decades time

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:28 AM

Just to save people checking, the Russian text in that tweet above says ‘Mike Ashley is a c**t’. No need to Google it or anything because that’s definitely what it says.

You’re welcome.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Just read some more about Vic, apparently when he passed away he was the last surviving member of the great 50s cup winning teams.

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Halftimebovril,

That must be the most ITK prediction of the century – you knew 10years in advance that the sheikh was going to buy us…..wow 😀

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:41 AM

EGB and NY Mag
    Two of my favorite bloggers! However you both should consider getting Avatars so that a WUM cannot ever spoof being you and say something to wind others up.

I know, I know, melodramatic! 😉

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Chancel

Hahahaha! Cheers for that.

Right chaps I’m off.

Hers to the good times returning

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Funny how a couple of seldom posters have found old posts on potential sales to Arab investors.

Maybe toon22 is right?
    Naaahhh!!!
    🙂

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Night chaps!

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Chico,

You are right, I’ll look into rectifying that…..
    (Although, why anyone would be sad enough to impersonate me – I have no idea)

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Just done a search for my moniker to see when I started following the blog and it came back zilch.

Although I did find some history from when I used a different name, my only other one by the way.

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Lol, chico has a new cause.

Mind, fair play – there’s a rash of new avatars tonight, can’t be a bad thing.

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Goodnight Droppy 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:46 AM

chicousa

I haven’t bothered as most of my blogging is done on the PC and avatars don’t show up.

I do follow the comments on my tablet and phone but seldom post so it’d be a bit pointless.

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:46 AM

Oh, and HalftimeBovril, someone posted a couple of weeks ago about a command you can type into your browser address bar which will list all posts by a defined poster.

I’ve mentioned in the hope that it will be posted again. If you don’t ask, you don’t get!

It’s more accurate than just the google search I mentioned.

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:46 AM

I was trying to find my first post as I think it’s coming up on my first anniversary of posting – but I can’t find it. However, I do vividly remember the first reply I got – jib called me an effing idiot (don’t worry jib, I don’t hold it against you) 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:47 AM

G’dnight droppy good news tomorrow?

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Hands up who wants to see Bill’s avatar as Terry Pratchett with a Toon top?

😉

• HalftimeBovril

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:48 AM

NY Mag

They do say never give up on your dreams lol, just never thought Ashley would be testing it for 10 bloody years!!!

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:49 AM

Rob,
    It’s a crusade! An Avatar crusade! 😉

Actually i slightly remind myself of those commercials urging people to vaccinate their kids! I’m sure if I continue this cause I will be labeled by some as something worse than being melodramatic! 😉

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:49 AM

Too right Bovril……fortunately, he hasn’t got long left 🙂

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Lol NY Mag, I wonder if everyone remembers their first Jib comment? I do, he told me he liked my name. He hasn’t always been so polite since.

😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Rob

That would be an honour I wouldn’t be worthy of, however I’d definitely go for the Librarian in a Toon top or the Luggage with a black and white striped paint job. 🙂

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Bill
    Fair enough. We know your post style so well that if a post appeared and tried to wind us up with your user name or said something rude having we would know it was a fake!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:58 AM

My memory is so bad, just remind me who’s Jib?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:06 AM

chicousa

Bloody cheek, I can be rude!

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:07 AM

Bill, it’s jane man!

😉

Not sure the Librarian needs a ladder, mind. He’d look good in a Toon top – like a more hairy Jack Colback.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:09 AM

chicousa

Incidentally I see that the places that were burnt out last year are getting a massing payout to rebuild their town, that’s got to be good news!

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Rob,

That was deadly serious…I was nearly scared off – anyway, no grudges from me, I really like jib’s contribution to this ‘ere blog (That’s probably not gonna sit well with a lot of people)

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Massive not massing! Dohh.

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Bill,
    Yes, the city of Paradise reached a settlement with the utility company, P.G.&E, for $270 million.

Many home owners however have received personal insurance settlements and many have chosen to leave the area. I’ve been up there a few times and the town still looks like a ghost town even though some homes and businesses survived.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:18 AM

1.30 am here so I’ll hobble off to bed, G’d Night all.

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Goodnight Bill,

Take care of yourself…..no climbing on any more unsteady ladders!

• FloridaToon

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Been thinking why would MA change the financial and of year by one day? From the 30th to the 29th. The optimist in me says to announce takeover and Rafas new contract on 30th.

• FloridaToon

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:24 AM

Caught up on the blog. speaking of past posters…looked myself up. saw one of mine back as far as 2011.

• lesh

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Essex……. Try using a cold kipper on your bruising.

Take care and when your up and about again, mind the tramlines!

😉

• beefman13

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:29 AM

Terms have been agreed between us and Mike Ashley; these terms have been reflected in a document, signed by both parties, which has been forwarded to the Premier League.The proof of funds statement was forwarded to Mike Ashley’s lawyers on 17 April 2019.
    Its all good lads.

• NY Mag

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:36 AM

Florida,

It’s a standard practice – the minimum you can change a companies filing date is by one day, and by doing that you buy yourself three addional months to file any accounts.

• FloridaToon