web analytics

Rafa Benitez Would Provide Instant Credibility for Chinese Super League

With the recent news that Rafa Benitez has been offered a massive wage of £12M/year to manage Dalian Yifang in the Chinese Super League, Newcastle fans have grown more concerned than ever about losing their manager.

This is the most concrete report of an offer for Benitez. The other substantial links of note were to Chelsea and Roma both of which quieted down just a few day after being reported.

It remains to be seen if the link to Dalian Yifang will linger in the press and cause even more consternation for Newcastle fans.

There could definitely be some truth in the report of the offer to Benitez. The money that Chinese clubs throw around is quite substantial. But that would be the only attraction for coaches and players as the league is vastly inferior to the top leagues of Europe.

Rafa Benitez– tailor made for Newcastle

Looking through the coaching ranks in the Chinese Super League, one can see that Rafa Benitez would provide a massive boost to the league’s reputation. Currently, there are no managers even remotely having the pedigree of Rafa.

The most successful of the current crop is former Bayer Leverkusen and Red Bull Salzburg coach Roger Schmidt who guided Leverkusen to a couple of Champion’s league places in his first two seasons in Germany.

This was before his extreme style of play caught up to him in 2016/17 and a 12th place finish led to his sacking.

We don’t doubt the validity of the offer from Dalian Yifang, but we don’t think this is a job that would tempt Rafa Benitez in the slightest.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:45 PM

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, what a fabulous day it is today.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM

I hope my fellow bloggers on here are all happy and cheerful.

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM

Budge, I missed your post #23, logical, rational and sane and therefore makes great sense.

Sadly, you’re assuming that Ashley is also logical, rational and sane, when all the evidence we’ve seen over the last 12 years proves otherwise.

I have to say, I agree with you though.

• kev1664

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:50 PM

Rob,

It must have been Justin Allen who said that on a podcast then.

The second statement was issued on the 29th May. BZG said that “so called fit and proper persons test” was underway and could take 10 to 15 days, that took us to 19th (yesterday in working days). I’d pencilled in a week for contracts, signatures and money transfer giving a date of 26th providing owners and directors tests went well.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:52 PM

Rob- cheers for ya help. I tried to add my old email on gravatar but I have two problems in trying that;

1- not sure I am typing my old email exactly
    2- can’t remember the password to that email address.

Therefore I cannot hit the gravatar verification link sent to my email by gravatar as I cannot access my old email! Lol what a mess. Nearly as big as a mess as our club has been under AshLie! Lol

• Moonraker15

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:53 PM

It’s amazing since our fine finish to the season with a 4-0 win at Fulham, when we thought everything was rosy and then not a word from the owner and rumours of Rafa leaving and the takeover stories.
    In any normal club we would be building on last season but not the Toon!
    Why us?

• IconicNumber9

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:59 PM

New Gravatar #Monochrome

• kev1664

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:59 PM

Rob,

Think it was Mark Douglas who gave the update from BZG about the 10-15 days, after he’d been in touch with them, on or around the day of the se ond statement.

So much information in my head from this takeover(possible) it’s all scrambled into one big mess.

• IrishRob

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:01 PM

I can’t understand how these are real stories Rafa is never in a kazillion years going to a B league in China not even for 50million. Is it possibly designed to worry MA into action by proliferating stories like this? Maybe. But MA knows better than any of us there is better chance of him going on holidays to the moon.

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Pretty sure Mark Douglas claimed BZG reached out to him? If that is the case I really hope they’ve been monitoring the contradictory, non sensical click bait they’ve been spewing out every day since and bar them from the upcoming Sheikh, Rafa, Kidwai press conference!

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:06 PM

JP
    The new avatar looks great! Well done!
    I wouldn’t worry about the really old posts done while your blog account was associated to an old email account that you have long abandoned. Going forward you will now be that rock guy!

“Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good” 😉

• Prestonmag66

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:08 PM

Testing for avatar.

• Prestonmag66

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Cool.

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:10 PM

chico, do you see what you’ve done? The whole blog’s gone avatar crazy!!!!

😮

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:10 PM

I think we will do really well this season, doesn’t matter who we have in charge, I can feel it in my balls, I mean bones.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:12 PM

Patoon- Yeah Ashley has hat effect mate. He’s a fking leach!

Avatar is the picture beside your comments. You can use Gravatar.com to change it into a fancy picture (at your own risk as I am having problems with my ancient posts not showing it) Chicousa convinced me last night in adding a fancy avatar to my account so it’s his fault haha

To look at older posts I am not too sure which is the best way tbh.

You can look in google. The way I did it was type in my username next to Nufcblog.com and see what pops up. Another and rather tedious one is to go to Nufcblog.com home page and keep clicking on older articles at the bottom of the page until you find one you’re looking for.

NOTE TO ED / NEIL HARRISON – is it possible for you guys to add a search engine or articles divided into years onto the homepage so it is easier to see older posts. I think that will be welcomed by many here.

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:13 PM

RobLeenio
    not quite the wum’s haven’t

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:14 PM

DubaiMicky
    I was disappointed that you now seem to be thinking that Rafa is going to be gone when (if) BZG takeover! I hope you are wrong on that score. As much as I want the takeover to happen, it would be depressing to lose Senior Benítez… 🙁

• Tony Baloney

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:16 PM

I think the avatar thing worked. Chicago skyline from window. Testing.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:16 PM

Nice dig there hibbit.

Ha ha ha

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:17 PM

Sorry Ed, but what is bordering on the ridiculous is the number of times you are telling us about the shambles, crisis, disgraceful, embarrassing etc., etc., situation you say is currently going on at the club.

There is a takeover going on… confirmed twice in official statements from BZG.

If NDA’s are in place Ashley cannot say anything and neither can Rafa if, as is surely the case, he has been kept in the picture by BZG.

Rafa won’t sign Ashley’s contract because it will be changed the day BZG walk through the door.

Rafa isn’t the type of guy to have already decided weeks ago, not tell the fans and just pi$$ off on July 1st. That tells me he is in the know about BZG and knows he will be kept on.

Plus, no way will Ashley spend money on transfers during the takeover period and neither will BZG until they get FA approval.

The situation is as frustrating as hell for us fans but a shambles, crisis, disgraceful, embarrassing etc., etc??

Not in my opinion. Just a normal situation during a takeover.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:17 PM

Welshie, why don’t you join in the avatar fun???

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:18 PM

Rob,
    It is great seeing all these new avatars pop up on long time user accounts! I’m glad I had a small part in cleaning up at least one type of blog mischief. Thanks for your help, as well as Tsunki and a few other users who have filled in with information about how avatars via graveyard work in relation to email accounts and blog accounts! 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:19 PM

Chancel

Not bothered to be honest mate

• hibbit

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:19 PM

would be a big mistake on any new owners behalf pushing Rafa away with season starting so soon after a takeover
    I just cant see it happening this late in the proceedings

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:19 PM

chancel, he’ll not do that – he’s not a sheep!

😉

• RobLeenio

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:20 PM

Sorry, welshie – couldn’t resist!
    😳

• Mag :P

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:20 PM

I think I’m one of the OG’s when it comes to blog avatars. 😀

• chicousa

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:21 PM

…about how avatars via gravatar work in relation to email accounts and blog accounts!

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:21 PM

What does toon44 think? ha ha ha

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:22 PM

Chicousa- haha cheers mate. I’ll gladly accept being known as ‘that rock guy’ haha 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:22 PM

Sheep jokes are rubbish, you let yourself down there.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:23 PM

Chancel

Ask him, he was on here last night apparently.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:23 PM

I’ve been told to behave and that’s what I’m doing.

• Jib

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM

That’s weird
    JfA accuses me frequently of being Jeff from Benwell
    Have a look at this

• Ron Knee

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:32 PM

Why would Rafa be subject to a(n) NDA?

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM

Really glad i left this Circus behind when i finaly handed my season ticked in but i would like to know what the supporters/fans will do if rafa leaves and ashleys still there will yous put up with a shit team and shit football or this time would we get a mass exodus this time.

• IrishRob

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:02 PM

Runaway777 Change the record please.