web analytics

Club Tweets Support Of Player Who Is Becoming World Renowned

Our Paraguayan midfielder Miguel Almiron has continued to impress in the Copa America tournament, which sees him in his first action since his hamstring injury in April.

Miguel has had an outstanding tournament so far. His first game against Qatar saw Miguel produce some magic for his country in what ended up being a disappointing draw for Paraguay.

In Paraguay’s second game against Lionel Messi and Argentina, Miguel again showcased his talents to an audience tuned in to watch the best player in the world.

Here is a tremendous run by Miguel which led to his second assist of the tournament:

The official Newcastle twitter page even got in on the action sending out these three tweets about Almiron:

Miguel Almiron is some talent and we are so impressed with this young man. He is always smiling and seems like such a genuine person.

We can’t wait to see a full season of Almiron in the black and white stripes next year. In fact, we hope he is given the number 10 shirt vacated by the soon to be out of contract Mohamed Diame.

Maybe he can join the likes of Hatem Ben Arfa, Les Ferdinand, Lee Clark, Peter Beardsley, and Craig Bellamy as top players who have worn the number 10.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:06 AM

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

“Malcolm Macdonald as a famous Newcastle number 10.”

Ed, you need to get this corrected quick and smart. You really do, and then we’ll speak no more about it.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Jesus, it’s Neil. Even worse. Kids nowadays. 🙂

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:12 AM

I love that “A football genius and Lionel Messi”.

Bravo

And no comment, obviously, cough cough

😉

• NY Mag

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:14 AM

now..now Nicky – our hosts are immune from criticism (for services to NUFC, the queen deems it so) 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:18 AM

I have got a months trial of Netflix and am deciding if I want to torture myself with a bit of Sunderland ’til I Die. Watched bits of the City one which needed a lot more editing.

Wasn’t it Tudor then Gowling as the Number 10?

• Tony Baloney

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:22 AM

So, Wan Bassaka, a 21 year old with one year in the PL is costing more than the whole of Sunderland AFC.

Probably about right 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Could be spot the deliberate mistake Nicky?

• magscar

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:23 AM

NY Mag

Posted response on last thread

This was the relevant part of post which I still find troubling on a re-read. Unless he believes it or is trying to wind some of us up it makes no sense for him to have come out of the blue tonight with it.

DubaiMicky

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:26 PM

……..

I do think we all have to understand that Rafa ain’t coming back, no matter how much we all want him to.

He left after he cleared out his desk the other week, yet the press won’t say it.

(Night all btw)

,……,….

Conjecture or some inside knowledge ?

I have posted before that new owners of clubs do have their own ideas on how club is to go forward so it isn’t unusual for a managerial change to follow.

As we have acknowledged though this doesn’t make sense in our situation unless it is a temporary action designed to concentrate Ashleys mind of he is dragging his feet or is sale not happening within Rafa’s timescale and he won’t sign Ashleys contract ?

Just trying to get my head around Mickys unequivocal assertion

• Shadow_Shearer

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:24 AM

I bought shares on Almiron in football index. That’s when he joined us. Looks like I will make a nice return on him in about a year

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Well, it’s a proper howler if it isn’t, tsk, tsk, tsk, and how did Lee Clark get a mention in that company?

I remember Pedro wearing number 8 while I’m about it, although he played as a number ten, and I think wore 10 his first time round the dance floor with us.

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Tony, if you’re up for a bit of fantasy drama with your new Netflix subscription, I can recommend The OA. Sounds like a medical drama, it’s not. Stranger Things is also very good.

• NY Mag

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:33 AM

Magscar,

Obviously, I have no insider knowledge…..I make my judgements on (what I hope is) sound business logic, it makes no sense for anyone coming to the club to let Rafa go (to be honest it makes no sense to let charnley go either).
    I respect mickeys comments and I have no reason to doubt what he says….I’m adopting a wait and see stance – I don’t see what alternative there is….

• TyneMouth

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:47 AM

What this blog urgently needs is a fact checker.

That is a dedicated app, that analysis’ statements posted on this beloved blog, and adjudicates the degree of factual truth within the context.

In reality this of course would be difficult, however, collectively the blog contributers could/should be its own policeman.

For instance, when a post proclaims that Rafa is upset/narked/miffed/deliriously delighted about a current issue, such a statement should be challenged.

Currently, there are many posted comments related to the behaviour of our (current) beloved owner, and his supposed reaction to supposed developments in the saga known as Sheik up.

This is in spite of any official comment from NUFC, Sports Direct. or Mash Trash…

As they say…

…. ‘if it sounds like a lie, looks like a lie, smells like a lie, it probably is a lie…

Challenge everything, trust no one, (including me!)…

• WLtoon

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:05 AM

A few bloggers have said Raffa has gone but i doubt he would of left without releasing some sort of statement surely.
    I honestly think he is waiting to see how the takeover pans out. Did,nt the BZG say they wanted Benitez as manager ?
    Im optimistic we will get our wish

• lesh

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:07 AM

One Fine Day

When you wrote … ‘ was trolled by some idiot to ”make his dreams come true ”’ ‘, did you know that Catchy resurfaced spouting his abti-Rafa bile.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:56 AM

Well done Neil. I was just ragging on you for a giggle, but it is true, I believe, that Supermac did indeed on occasion where number 10 and even 11.

• whome121212

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Just thought I would share (sure people might have looked it up) peter Redding who is a UAE journalist has said he spoken to the BZG and they have said ‘a deal is not far away’