web analytics

UAE Reporter In Contact With BZG – Takeover Silence Is Key – Deal Not Far Away

The Shields Gazette interviewed Dubai resident and Geordie Peter Redding a day or two ago.

Peter works for Capital Radio out in the United Arab Emirates and provided some much-wanted insight into BZG and Sheikh Khaled.

Redding has been a radio and TV sports presenter, and pundit for more than a decade now.

This is some of the insight Peter Redding gave to the Gazette during the Q and A  interview.

“Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan is a well-respected business pioneer of the UAE, of that there is no doubt.”

“A little look at his CV shows how qualified the man is – he is a graduate of Boston University, and he has completed his Ph.D. course work in finance from Michigan State University.”

“He is the chairman and founder of the Bin Zayed Group – established in 1988.”

“Given his wealth you only have to look at the company’s trading and profits.”

“Here in the UAE local business people do not speak of wealth it is known as Haram (forbidden in Islamic law).”

“But it is definitely safe to say he is a serious player.”

“As far as a deal currently – I think the silence is key. And that can definitely be seen as a positive.”

“I have open contact with BZG and, speaking to them, I feel a deal to buy Newcastle United is not far away.”

“Knowing the culture of the UAE and being involved in sport, this is no smokescreen as viewed by many back in the UK.”

“This group are the real deal.”

“I think the BZG group are looking to replicate foreign ownership from the likes of Man City and PSG.”

“While I don’t think that kind of wealth is an option I can see this being huge for Newcastle United.”

That’s very good (and positive) information from Peter Redding.

If we only read what BZG have said things seem (very) positive.

But it’s the club’s leaked information to the Chronicle that has confused things, with Mike Ashley still saying he has yet to receive a formal offer from BZG.

This needs to be sorted out and sooner rather than later.

But we’ve been saying that for nearly four weeks now.

And time marches on.

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:11 PM

RobLeenio

I clearly didn’t know that – it is clever

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:12 PM

Bill, my mam refused to allow me to go to the Fairs Cup Final after the Rangers game. Too dangerous for a 12 years old. Tbh, I might’ve done the same with my bairn as well!! Promised never to speak to her again, but that didn’t last long 🙂

• DavidKelly9

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:15 PM

I love the positive vibes i really do and i appreciate elmanio info but come off it if you think the deal is done n rafa is aware hiw can this be the case n not one member of the media got a sniff of it the reality is one of the best reporters on newcastle has tonight said other than a miricle rafa is gone as for the takeover is nowhere near being done there not even done the test i feel there will be alot of people going to be upset next weekend

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:23 PM

I’ve no doubt Caulkin’s sources are usually good and he is usually a good journalist because of it. This situation is different, apart from a very small number of key people NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING!! Meaning journalists have to put together anything they can to justify their jobs. Rafa knows, Khaled knows and we’ll all happily know very soon : )

• DavidKelly9

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Captain your in for a nasty shock next week when rafa is gone

• captainmarvel

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:46 PM

The Rangers game a truly frightening experience, I remember some of their fans relieving themselves on Grainger street in full view of all and sundry…The ground was absolutely chocker 60000 not counting the ones climbing over the wall at the gallowgate..
    Having won the game it was nerve wracking waiting for the bus back home!!

• captainmarvel

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:50 PM

Rob there are a few of us from the old forum who meet we all get on, politically there is a difference of opinion yes but we respect one another..

• Kamakazeee

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:51 PM

I’ve said a few times when it has come to this takeover and journalists stories I am sceptical. We have some very good journalists covering our club, George Caulkin, Luke Edwards and I do like some of the pieces Mark Douglas has put out. Anyways, if this was your run-of-the-mill football story, transfer, contract, Rafa’s future etc, I would gladly take it as gospel what they say, between themselves they generally nail a football story. However, how often have they been in the circle where they would make trustworthy contacts/sources they could pin their reputations on when it comes to a takeover? Football matters they are in that circle every day. Football finances, its bordering impossible, they have to be relying on second-hand/iffy information.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:52 PM

Bobbybee,

The Rangers game in that run to winning the Fairs Cup was the only game I missed, I was in hospital with suspected appendicitis,

On of the things I remember from the first leg at SJP was the non stop “Newcastle, United” that started an hour before the game started and never stopped throughout the game until Bobby Moncur scored the first goal in the 3-0 win half way through the second half.

The chant broke out into an unbelievably loud roar from 60,000 fans, so loud that 1000’s of starlings that used to roost in the city centre in those days panicked and took the sky and 100’s were found dead the following morning.

Even more unbelievably Moncur scored a second goal and followed it up with the vital first minute second half goal after Dosza went in 2-0 up in the second leg. Those goals in the final were the first Moncur, a centre back, had ever score for the Toon.

What mant people may have forgotten is that Dozsa had beaten the great Leeds team of that era home and away in the semi final and nobody gave the Toon a chance of beating them. To win 6-2 on aggregate was one of the greatest ever performances from a NUFC team.

Glorious, glorious days and ones I hope I will see again in my lifetime.

• captainmarvel

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:55 PM

If Rafa goes it’s up to him and nobody could blame him but I do not believe he will go as he will be mindful of the possibilities ahead his project is within his grasp, believe it..

• Oldgit1

Jun 22, 2019 at 12:01 AM

@ Bobbybee I was a young kid when I went to the fairs cup Rangers match, after the match our coach was attacked with bricks through the windows, my dad through himself over me to protect me from flying glass. He was a big bugger and his weight nearly killed me. But his intentions were good. Bless him.

• geordietom

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:20 AM

• Arizona Fan

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:44 PM

Morning from Arizona long time fan here. Been reading all the posts here as always. Based on something RobLeenio said maybe Rafa doesn’t sign as he did not before but does not take a new gig. He lets the preseason start with others taking the training. He just waits out the takeover knowing it is inevitable just does not know the timeline. I believe this is happening and at this point it makes sense of course at this point anything makes sense in this senseless summer of confusion.

1 8 9 10