web analytics

UAE Reporter In Contact With BZG – Takeover Silence Is Key – Deal Not Far Away

The Shields Gazette interviewed Dubai resident and Geordie Peter Redding a day or two ago.

Peter works for Capital Radio out in the United Arab Emirates and provided some much-wanted insight into BZG and Sheikh Khaled.

Redding has been a radio and TV sports presenter, and pundit for more than a decade now.

This is some of the insight Peter Redding gave to the Gazette during the Q and A  interview.

“Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan is a well-respected business pioneer of the UAE, of that there is no doubt.”

“A little look at his CV shows how qualified the man is – he is a graduate of Boston University, and he has completed his Ph.D. course work in finance from Michigan State University.”

“He is the chairman and founder of the Bin Zayed Group – established in 1988.”

“Given his wealth you only have to look at the company’s trading and profits.”

“Here in the UAE local business people do not speak of wealth it is known as Haram (forbidden in Islamic law).”

“But it is definitely safe to say he is a serious player.”

“As far as a deal currently – I think the silence is key. And that can definitely be seen as a positive.”

“I have open contact with BZG and, speaking to them, I feel a deal to buy Newcastle United is not far away.”

“Knowing the culture of the UAE and being involved in sport, this is no smokescreen as viewed by many back in the UK.”

“This group are the real deal.”

“I think the BZG group are looking to replicate foreign ownership from the likes of Man City and PSG.”

“While I don’t think that kind of wealth is an option I can see this being huge for Newcastle United.”

That’s very good (and positive) information from Peter Redding.

If we only read what BZG have said things seem (very) positive.

But it’s the club’s leaked information to the Chronicle that has confused things, with Mike Ashley still saying he has yet to receive a formal offer from BZG.

This needs to be sorted out and sooner rather than later.

But we’ve been saying that for nearly four weeks now.

And time marches on.

• Toon Cat

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:18 PM

I think Ed makes a good point, which is that if we only listened to the official, public statements from BZG we’d be reassured. I’d add that if we only listened to the official responses from NUFC (which are essentially ‘no comment’) then there’s nothing there to cast a shadow on the takeover either.

A lot of the seeds of doubt have come from Chronicle journo’s, who have seemed determined to pour cold water on the deal and churn out daily reasons to worry. However, as has been shown repeatedly, they really are floundering about in the dark without any clue as to what’s really happening, and are even reduced to interviewing each other to fill space.

So, on the basis of all official statements, nothing to worry about. And that’s all we really have to go on. Everything else is hot air and highly suspect.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:18 PM

click click click click $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ click click

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:20 PM

Rafa has been amazing the glue that binds us. Alot of healing has happened because of Rafa but it’s literally been putting a plaster on a gash that needs stitches.
    Contentious point perhaps… Rafa or the manager should not be the only one linking fans and city to the club. The club…Newcastle United FC should be healing the rifts, working with fans, in conjunction with the manager. I’d sacrifice a manager with little power but his magnanimous nature and generosity who can only influence so much against having Ashley out and the sort of investment in the club and city’s infrastructure and community that the likes of Man city have had. I’m not taling about £1bn in the squad but the infrastructure and community within the city. Newcastle should be the proud heartbeat of the city rather than the vehicle causing the hurt that we’ve suffered through Ashley

• Novocastrian66

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Aidy Boothroyd should be sacked.

• jimiley

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Chancel
    I do not think Ashley would do that.
    There has to be a seller for a sale.
    The best way to get rid of Ashley is to keep filling the ground and doing nowt. As long as things are going along smoothly he will stay away.

• captainmarvel

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:21 PM

If NDA`s have been signed even George Caulkin will not find out, simple as…

• DavidKelly9

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:26 PM

Hibbit Your correct in what you say about caulkin and staveley the one thing i will say is that not only caulkin reported that Douglas Ryder Keith Downie and even Luke Edwards reported a deal was close so they were obviously fed positive info from club problem i have now is not on are saying that this deal is close not one have said the premier league test have started and with it being there job to find out i am sure if we are at a done deal stage like reported on here one of them would no about it. Regarding caulkin has Frank said he is close to Rafa people n if he is saying he is as good as gone he will go

• jazzyp

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:28 PM

If…Maybe,Next week..Friday the 5th.Just heard from my source who said blah blah

• captainmarvel

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:29 PM

Forget about the deal just concentrate on the finishing post that’s what matters the most…

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Jimiley, Moving the goalposts IS Ashley’s way of being a non-seller. I’m still a believer, Ashley’s ‘sales’ are the only times we get to be excited about our ownership; plenty of other times to be miserable. Thankfully Mikey gives us these happy times at least twice a year; what a generous fella.

• magscar

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:31 PM

spb

It’s not as if we have a choice or even any influence over BZG as far as Rafa is concerned.

Much as they may have been attracted by and want him as manager I suspect it has all gone too far to be a deal breaker should he apparently leave on 30 June.

How we fare under Ashley without Rafa and until a sale is of course a nightmare

• jazzyp

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:32 PM

England u21s out already

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:34 PM

Burt
    ?@HugeHegazi
    11m11 minutes ago
    Just saw Gayle in Pizza Hut Birmingham, he says that #NUFC have agreed a deal for Rondon to go to them, and Gayle to come to us. It’s on lads! BOOM BOOM BOOM LET ME HEAR YOU SAY GAYLLLLEEEEE GAYLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE #WBA #Gayle #WBAFC #WestBrom #Football #Transfer @pizzahutuk

• Lovem or Hatem

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:34 PM

I agree with hibbit about the Caulkin article.
    He does say that the other bidders CLAIM to be still in the process of buying NUFC.
    how genuine those claims are can be a source of doubt.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:34 PM

I don’t think it’d happening

BZG want to buy

Ashley doesn’t want to sell

It’s always a few million more than the originally agreed price

And on and on

Until Ashley calls the talks off

Same goalposts move everyday

Same happened with Staveley bids

This is the reason he never officially gives a price out via media

Because the price changes when people bid

No price will be good enough

• magscar

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Well that’s enough conjecture from me without any response to encourage further thought/dialogue so later maybe

• DavidKelly9

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:39 PM

Frank spot on

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:44 PM

Just have to wait and see what transpires. I have hope, but I wish the Sun hadn’t put the story out. It has been a nightmare since then.

• captainmarvel

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:44 PM

Way too much guessing going on, going round in circles getting nowhere…

Rafa must have signed a DNA also otherwise he would be talking which he`s not so keep positive…

• woodey

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Darren Gough claimed he had seen an email regarding the mooted Newcastle United takeover and that discussions had been going on for eight months.

• jazzyp

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:47 PM

Rafa won’t sign another contract for Mike Ashley. I think that’s been pretty obvious for 18 months. They’ve lied to him in 4 consecutive transfer windows and he’s worked too hard to just dick around in the bottom 6 every year. The takeover is our only hope.

• jane

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:49 PM

i’m guessing July 1st.

• Diddly

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:52 PM

Gough knows nothing. The lawyer would have to sign a NDA or he would get a job again.

• JohnJ

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:53 PM

My glass is still half full, but I just wish they’d get this sale over the line asap

I’m concerned about the “Refa” element of the deal but if it was a choice of no deal or a deal and lose Rafa I’d really need to think hard.

I very much want Rafa to be part of our future and hope that when this is all finished we have an Ashley free NUFC with Rafa in place & carrying on his good work with the team.

• Mag :P

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:56 PM

Thought there was to be an ‘announcement’ again today?

Its honestly a joke how much these dates keep getting thrown around.

• jazzyp

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:56 PM

Ashley getting his house in order for when Rafa leaves.
    Neil redfern and the makem slayer getting things in place for the Arrival of our new saviour Big bad Sparky hughes

• jazzyp

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:58 PM

Mag p

I thought it was supposed to be Wednesday, Then today.Nobody knows nothing mate.
    All clickbait and rumours as was last summer

• woodey

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:58 PM

Diddly,
    weird, i just read that article again and I don’t see were you seen anything mentioned about a lawyer…

• captainmarvel

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Anyone here on Prozac?

• JohnJ

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:00 PM

• Sherlock

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:01 PM

David Speedie was the player I despised the most. Recall songs about his wife chanted and he responded by scoring a hatrick. Might be wrong though

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:03 PM

Those reading too much into the academy restructure should remember Ben Dawson had recently been appointed as academy director and will be getting things sorted and running the way he wants them to.

It’s long overdue and independent of Rafa.

No bearing on any sale in my opinion or on Rafa’s future.

• Bigjim67

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:03 PM

Got to say that I’m fed up with all the uncertainty regarding this take/fakeover. I thought it would have been done and dusted by now, i know legal issues can drag on but this just seems to be going on and on. I’m really hoping and praying that it’s completed soon because as i say, I’m fed up with it.

• JohnJ

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:03 PM

Sorry Woody @220 – I missed your post! 🙂

• jane

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:04 PM

at 9am

• JohnJ

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:05 PM

What’s at 9:00am Jane?

• JohnJ

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Tell me more!

• thereallowickmag

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but surely if heads of terms have been agreed that will include the price that needs to be paid to buy the club? I mean will than not be the most important part of a heads of terms agreement?
    So gough maybe referring to Ashley upping the price prior to heads of terms being agreed.

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:11 PM

thereallowickmag yes that sounds right to me. So if the purchase price changed then a new heads of terms would have to be submitted to the PL. I guess that could be one reason why things are taking so long

• Moonraker15

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:12 PM

So George Calkin says there’s no takeover near and Rafa’s going to China! Well the second bit is bullshit in my opinion! There’s no way Rafa goes there at this critical stage of his career when he’s already a multi millionaire. He’s 59, said he wants to work another 10 years and be near his family. He always honours his contracts and would not spend 2 or 3 years in China!
    So if the second bit IS bull then why should we believe the first bit. One word for George; “Staveley” !

1 4 5 6 7 8 10