web analytics

UAE Reporter In Contact With BZG – Takeover Silence Is Key – Deal Not Far Away

The Shields Gazette interviewed Dubai resident and Geordie Peter Redding a day or two ago.

Peter works for Capital Radio out in the United Arab Emirates and provided some much-wanted insight into BZG and Sheikh Khaled.

Redding has been a radio and TV sports presenter, and pundit for more than a decade now.

This is some of the insight Peter Redding gave to the Gazette during the Q and A  interview.

“Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan is a well-respected business pioneer of the UAE, of that there is no doubt.”

“A little look at his CV shows how qualified the man is – he is a graduate of Boston University, and he has completed his Ph.D. course work in finance from Michigan State University.”

“He is the chairman and founder of the Bin Zayed Group – established in 1988.”

“Given his wealth you only have to look at the company’s trading and profits.”

“Here in the UAE local business people do not speak of wealth it is known as Haram (forbidden in Islamic law).”

“But it is definitely safe to say he is a serious player.”

“As far as a deal currently – I think the silence is key. And that can definitely be seen as a positive.”

“I have open contact with BZG and, speaking to them, I feel a deal to buy Newcastle United is not far away.”

“Knowing the culture of the UAE and being involved in sport, this is no smokescreen as viewed by many back in the UK.”

“This group are the real deal.”

“I think the BZG group are looking to replicate foreign ownership from the likes of Man City and PSG.”

“While I don’t think that kind of wealth is an option I can see this being huge for Newcastle United.”

That’s very good (and positive) information from Peter Redding.

If we only read what BZG have said things seem (very) positive.

But it’s the club’s leaked information to the Chronicle that has confused things, with Mike Ashley still saying he has yet to receive a formal offer from BZG.

This needs to be sorted out and sooner rather than later.

But we’ve been saying that for nearly four weeks now.

And time marches on.

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:55 PM

So, you business heads out there. How I see it is a heads of terms agreement is a legal document, am I right? If so and a price had been agreed, how can the price be altered after its been signed? Surely, as a legal document it must be binding on both sides? An agreed price is just that – agreed.
    As for Gough, have you heard him on Talksport? He’s full of it. Where exactly has he seen this email? Email too and from who? Surely the only email that would matter would be between this Pinsett & Whoever Solicitors, and Ashley’s solicitors? I thought these were meant to be the best in the, business? Yet they’re in the habit of showing radio presenters with big mouth’s, private and confidential emails between their clients? GTF. Massive breach of confidence. This is privelleged information we’re talking here, between a client and their solicitor. Pinch of salt the size of a Siberian mountain needed.

• IconicNumber9

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:56 PM

I remember the old chronicle forum about ten years ago and I remember trying to convince people that our club had no future with ashley at the helm.

• Diddly

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Totally agree bobbybee. Adrian Durham winds him up and he goes off on one. Talk sport is getting worse. Very rarely listen now. Bit Brazil in mornings that’s about it

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Gough is full of Sh*t. Says anything that Sky want him to say. Unfortunately, there are a few others who have sold their souls to the devil.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Bill: Villa and Leeds have new owners. Toney Xia who bought Villa when they went down and Leeds’ new owner brought in Bielsa.

There really isn’t another club of our size for sale in the Premier League.

• kev1664

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:02 PM

Elmanio,

Was it you who said the other day that the deal was done, but for significantly more than the £350million?

Seems to match with Darren Goughs info. His info may be out of date?

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Its amazing what people will do for a few pieces of gold.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:04 PM

I think it likely Rafa’s been offered a year on the same money and with a 60 mill transfer kitty plus player sales, but no change to the existing transfer policy etc, and no guarantees beyond that, from Ashley, or a prospective new owner. I’d take Caulken at his word. He’s a proper journalist , a Geordie and a fan, writing for a sober newspaper. Negotiations will almost certainly continue beyond the end of the month and we are in real danger of losing Rafa.

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:04 PM

Kev, I know that. Just making the point that other clubs have potential.

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Diddly, even if Gough knew a solicitor at that prestigious company, there’s no way they’d show him. What? Did he go into their office to see this email? Or maybe the solicitor carries it around with him rather than put it in a file where it belongs, showing it off to anybody they meet. I just can’t imagine a scenario where Gough would get to see this email.
    People like Royal family members, want to know their business is being treated with absolute confidentiality, not being bandied about willy nilly. What a bloody wobblegob. 🙂

• kev1664

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Bill,

Case of mistaking identity?

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:09 PM

I think Rafa would be happy with £60 million plus incoming transfer money. I’m not sure what system would be in place. MA used to want to buy outright, but other clubs like to pay on the drip. It’s all in the details. Plus wages to consider, so it’s not easy to understand what the situation is.

• kev1664

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Bobby,

Do you not think these people have laptops? Or email straight to their phones?

Mi5 left a laptop on a train.

• Diddly

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Aye bobbybee. The soliciter wouldnt be able to work at a high level again. Gough just wanting to be noticed

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Kev, no problem. I’m a fan with a long history, and I just want rid of the parasite like most people.

• kev1664

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:12 PM

Bill,

I think your conversation was with Tony not me.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:13 PM

I think the concern for Rafa over the deal on offer would be the real uncertainty beyond a year, and that he won’t likely get the players he really wants in the meantime nor that can he be sure he’ll actually get to spend the money in full.

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Bobbybee. mentioned earlier about the ousting of McKeag and Co. I was there, among the fans throwing bricks through their windows. I’m sure it had some effect.

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Sorry Kev, next time then 🙂

• DavidKelly9

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Bobby going by the takeover expert interviewed by the chronicle the head of terms can change a number of times throughout the process so yes a rough price was agreed but mike is now playing his games

• Jib

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:18 PM

The 2 Neil’s – Winskill & Redfearn plus Shola all talking about exciting times ahead at NUFC
    Sounds like Rafa’s shaking things up

• NY Mag

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Bobby,

To answer your question from earlier(my apologies if someone already did)

Heads of terms agreement is not legally binding, it’s more like a letter of intent – a broad agreement on how to move forwards, it would likely be amended after detailed due diligence is carried out.

• Moonraker15

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Bill @ 276
    Re NUFC not being held in esteem outside the north east may I remind you that during the KK era we were everyone’s second club in England. This wasn’t all down to Keegan’s style of play, it was the excitement generated by the fans and players. Newcastle is a unique city and a great football club but we’ve been constantly talked down during fatso’s ownership because of his lack of ambition!
    With wealthy owners the sky’s the limit and I believe Ashley knows this as do the buyers!

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Kev, confidentiality mate. There’s rules in place to stop them showing it around. It’s private, business. I’m nobody, but I’d go apeshit if my solicitor showed ANYTHING of mine to anybody else. In fact, I’d sue them. You can’t just show people private emails involved in a legal transaction. And I imagine all legal documentation for a firm of that standing would come through a secure server, not on phones. It just makes zero sense. These are very prestigious solicitors, they just wouldn’t be that reckless. It’s strictly confidential information. What would be the point in NDA’s between Ashley and the Sheikh if their lawyers, are showing just anybody them? And there’s been no suggestion Gough found a laptop or phone that just happened to have that email on it. Just doesn’t add up.

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:25 PM

Kev1664

I said £350 Million is just a made up number by the press & that in my opinion the Club’s value is higher

Which ever way you look @ it you have a guaranteed revenue of @ least £250 Million per annum (assuming Premiership status) & the ability to increase that through new deals etc

Yes there are rising costs re wages & transfer fees but you can see from other clubs you can increase the value of the players through effective recruitment

Almirón’s value must be stellar already as would someone like Schar’s

Dubai have the 2020 Expo next year & it’s a massive deal over there to show the UAE in a positive light & encourage new business & tourism so you can also see the value in ownership of the Club in that way

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:25 PM

David Kelly and NY, cheers for that. So this will explain the not had a bid yet then? They agreed a rough price, but not a fixed one?

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:27 PM

Sorry Tony B, I have been addressing my replies to Kev rather than your good self. I’m sure you got the gist of it. It’s a point of conjecture, but I still think that the Arabs have the upper hand in this for the reasons that I outlined. I agree that NUFC is a sleeping giant, a bit like ManCity, but Newcastle isn’t Manchester. I live in Manchester and the city is massive, and has good transport infrastructure, especially to the South. Newcastle is rather isolated. I love the place but it is out on a limb. These are not good selling points.

• toon22

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Elmanio

Your some kind of expert at making stuff up

😉

• TomaKaThor

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Elmanio, you said the sale was going to be anounced today, what happened? Another one of the many who ‘apparantly’ know somebody who is close to Ashley whos so called source is wrong..again…yawn

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:32 PM

Toon22

I’m confused as to which bit I’m making up ?

The sale in which case fair enough as I can’t prove my info – but if you mean the figures as to value then you’ve lost me as they are very straight forward

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:32 PM

Bill, bit of a difference between boycotting and downright intimidation then lmao!

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:33 PM

TomaKaThor

With all due respect I didn’t say that – if you look back I said I no idea when it would be announced

• Mag :P

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:33 PM

Don’t think it was him Thor mate.

Pretty sure it was that ‘hatem’ fell who would end every paragraph with…

“cheeeeeeeeeers from Oslo, sorry for my English”

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:35 PM

* have no idea

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Moonraker, fully agree with you about the KK era, and Bobby Robson’s time also. Really good times for us. I was just pointing out that things have changed since the parasite took ownership. I cannot disagree with you, we just want those times back. All I’m saying is that MA has to sell the club because it is becoming toxic for him, in my opinion; the guys from the UAE don’t have to buy us.

I want the KK era back with all my heart.

• fairscup

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:36 PM

Bill – 248, 276, 278 – I totally agree with you, these guys are major players

• TomaKaThor

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:36 PM

Hmm im sure you said your friend rang you back yesterday morning and said it would be annouced tomorrow..was either you or the oter guy yesterday saying similiar stuff

• jon

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM

I’m sorry, but EVERY journalist is currently clueless, don’t care who they think they are, they know less than we do, period.

It’s happening, keep the faith.

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM

TomaKarThor

I have no wish to argue but I said I had been told the deal was done on Wednesday & when asked about any announcement regarding this I said I didn’t know

& I still don’t know

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Moonraker,
    I also believe that we could probably get nearer 80,000 if we had KK’s football again. Just need a bigger stadium, perhaps on the Exhibition Park 🙂