web analytics

UAE Reporter In Contact With BZG – Takeover Silence Is Key – Deal Not Far Away

The Shields Gazette interviewed Dubai resident and Geordie Peter Redding a day or two ago.

Peter works for Capital Radio out in the United Arab Emirates and provided some much-wanted insight into BZG and Sheikh Khaled.

Redding has been a radio and TV sports presenter, and pundit for more than a decade now.

This is some of the insight Peter Redding gave to the Gazette during the Q and A  interview.

“Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan is a well-respected business pioneer of the UAE, of that there is no doubt.”

“A little look at his CV shows how qualified the man is – he is a graduate of Boston University, and he has completed his Ph.D. course work in finance from Michigan State University.”

“He is the chairman and founder of the Bin Zayed Group – established in 1988.”

“Given his wealth you only have to look at the company’s trading and profits.”

“Here in the UAE local business people do not speak of wealth it is known as Haram (forbidden in Islamic law).”

“But it is definitely safe to say he is a serious player.”

“As far as a deal currently – I think the silence is key. And that can definitely be seen as a positive.”

“I have open contact with BZG and, speaking to them, I feel a deal to buy Newcastle United is not far away.”

“Knowing the culture of the UAE and being involved in sport, this is no smokescreen as viewed by many back in the UK.”

“This group are the real deal.”

“I think the BZG group are looking to replicate foreign ownership from the likes of Man City and PSG.”

“While I don’t think that kind of wealth is an option I can see this being huge for Newcastle United.”

That’s very good (and positive) information from Peter Redding.

If we only read what BZG have said things seem (very) positive.

But it’s the club’s leaked information to the Chronicle that has confused things, with Mike Ashley still saying he has yet to receive a formal offer from BZG.

This needs to be sorted out and sooner rather than later.

But we’ve been saying that for nearly four weeks now.

And time marches on.

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:40 PM

Captain AmeriMag must defend the integrity of a fellow optimist!! Elmanio didn’t say that it was hatem3417854356785 from Oslo

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Elmanio- when you say deal, do you mean the HoT agreement or the final price?

• TomaKaThor

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Not aguing, was the other guy who was saying similar stuff that Mag P pointed out just

• fairscup

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:41 PM

TomaKaThor – 317 – It was the other time waster guy as far as I can remember

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Elmanio, I remember it well; others obviously don’t. Let us know when you can; I’m sure most of us are happy for any news.

• kev1664

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Bobby,

How do you think the press find things like this stuff out in other deals, they all have sources here and there like this. Not revealing those sources is the most important thing.

That’s why I find it ridiculous people ask people for their source, especially on social media or a blog.

For someone to reveal their source to anyone, first they would have to trust that individual.

Same thing goes for the original source having to trust those who tey share with that ir would never come back to them.

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:42 PM

JP…from The Rock

Final Price

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:44 PM

Some interesting posts tonight. On Rafa’s contract, it’s important to remember that once before he allowed his contract to end prior to signing a new one – the year we were relegated.

Even if the contract finishes and he has the opportunity to walk, does not mean that he will, and I’m basing that on past behaviour.

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:44 PM

TomaKaThor

• Mag :P

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:44 PM

OK elmanio.

So, if what you’re saying is true. Can this takeover still go tits up?

Its still not ‘done’ technically?

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Also, I’ll back anybody’s right to post on here. Just because the name may be unfamiliar does not make that poster a mackem or a WUM. Some folk need to get a grip.

It’s interesting a couple of posters have joined who knew each other from a different forum. No mention of whether they got on, of course – I guess we’ll find out over time.
    😉

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Elmanio,
    I don’t know why people try to interrogate you. A word, a sign, how do you expand on this when you are the recipient of small pieces of information? You cannot please everyone, just give us clues when you feel it is safe to do so.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Elmanio- cheers mate. I assume the Fit and Proper test is all done too right?

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:46 PM

RobLeenio

Exactly my thoughts earlier

Rafa is most definitely in the box seat as both Ashley & BZG want him to stay

• lochinvar

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM

Hadn’t noticed this before so hope it’s not old news.
    What news of Rafa’s first team coaches ? Will they stay or will they go ?

Neil Redfearn has been appointed Newcastle’s new under-23 head coach following the departure of Peter Beardsley.
    Former Magpies and England forward Beardsley left the role earlier this year, denying allegations of bullying and racism.
    The 58-year-old was later charged by the Football Association with racially abusing youth-team players.

Redfearn, 54, made more than 700 Football League appearances during his playing career and has also managed Leeds and Rotherham in the Sky Bet Championship.
    Ben Dawson, who had been in temporary charge of the under-23 side, becomes the head of coaching for Newcastle’s academy, with Mark Atkinson joining the Premier League club from rivals Sunderland as assistant head of coaching.

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM

JP…from The Rock

I genuinely don’t know as I haven’t asked

• kev1664

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM

Thor,

Elmanio was the first of 3 poster to come yesterday saying the deal was done.

After that a second person (can’t remember who) said something remarkably similar a few posts later but said announcement today.

Then hatem said something about a random other Sheikh.

Of the 3 Elmanio’s info looked genuine with his responses to questions.

The second seemed like a bandwagon jumper of Elmanio’s info, and the third seemed completely unbelievable to me.

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:50 PM

RobLeenio,
    Glad to see you appear. I was getting exhausted as I don’t usually post so much. I often keep my thoughts to myself and just read what others have to say. Not much news today then.

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:51 PM

I think Elmanio has been pretty consistent and happily answered all questions without contradicting himself. About all you can ask for really. He can’t give names – fair enough – and doesn’t know about any announcement or when it might happen. You either believe him or don’t, but I’m becoming more convinced the longer it goes without Ashley disputing what BZG have said. Nobody seems to be in a rush to sort this mess out, which to me points towards nobody can until the deal is ratified or called off.
    It might mean Rafa’s contract running down, but unless he signs with another club, there’s nothing to stop him signing one with BZG. Anybody else Ashley brings in their contract will only be worth anything whilst Ashley remains owner,euthwr way.
    It might mean late signings but guess what? No change thete then!! Penfold never gets signings through the door until the last minute anyway, so wtf?

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:51 PM

bill

Cheers – I’m just a fan like the rest of us I want the best for the Club

I’ve been 4 times to Wembley to watch us lose each time & I just want to see us win something before I pop my clogs

Too young for 1969 sadly

• Tony Baloney

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Bill: I’ve only been to Manchester once 15 years ago. Won free tickets there from the Manchester Tourist Board who were sponsoring an England game. I found it a bit of a strange place. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that there was an Oasis concert at that massive arena with lads wandering around with floppy hats and cans of stella at the same time as a gay pride event down the canal with men on stilts wearing only gold lame budgie smugglers. There was no trouble though except a fight outside a pub between football fans that I watched from my hotel room window.

Typical Manchester weekend ??? I am sure it has changed a lot in 15 years.

Oh, They wouldn’t let me in a bar with a Chicago Cubs Baseball Cap on.

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:53 PM

Elmanio, it’s interesting you say BZG want him to stay. It makes logical sense, but logic can go out the window when you’re sitting in a high tower.

I’m sure you’re aware of the many different reports that say the opposite. I hope you’re right, personally. Imagine if we had to teach another manager what it means to be a Geordie!

Best bit of PR KBA ever did was have Rafa visit a few local landmarks like the Angel of the North in the first couple of days of arriving in Toon. It made him feel like one of our own. Shame everything else they’ve done has been pants.

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:54 PM

Luckily, I was there. 3-0 but didn’t go to the away game with my best mate who did. Regretted it ever since.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:55 PM

Elmanio – thanks mate. You’ve been bombarded with questions and dealt with all of them like a pro lol well done mate.

Hopefully this is the end of the tyrant AshLie!

• fairscup

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Elmanio – good on you lad, please keep us informed of anything you hear (like have FA/Prem league approved anything)

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:58 PM

I’m 64yrs young and with a lot of good love and luck, I might just see another 20yrs.
    I remember going to a mid week match in late 60s to watch home game against, I think Leicester, and we got beat at home.
    I got home off the number 62 at Killi and ran straight up to my haven.. my bedroom and bawlledmy eyes out.. My stepdad. a good man but always pulling my leg about great expectations always said our time will come.
    Strange.. After all that time, I remember that… and am STILL waiting for “OUR” time to come.
    With this phatt arse hole it ain’t ever going to happen… We NEED to show him we won’t be pushed aside. NOT THIS TIME

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:58 PM

Mag 😛

Your question is a good one & I don’t know the answer – my guess is until the monies have been transferred & the legal work completed then it go wrong

The information I have is that both parties have agreed the price & future revenue streams

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Hats not allowed in pubs or clubs no matter what they say. Gay Pride still takes place every year. It’s a great city. I do like Manchester. Most of the fans also recall KKs team with fond memories.

• fairscup

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Bill – Yea I was at the home game but could not afford the away trip, shame as I never thought it would be this long (and counting) before we won another cup.

• Elmanio

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Not sure why that emoji came on the post – sorry

• Singinginthecorner

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Relating to what Elmanio said about justin barnes did someone post on here about a new company he set up 30th June rings a bell

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Lol bill, does that mean we’re like a tag team or a relay partnership? Suits me fine.

I’ve been busy stripping wallpaper – having a new kitchen fitted starting tomorrow. Now chilling with a beer, the blog and the Last Leg. Footy, beer, politics and comedy, a heady mix!
    😉

Worst thing about the slow news is we’re all so desperate for something to happen. Weirdest thing about the slow news is that this blog hasn’t been in such good health for donkeys ages. We’ll soon be on the 10th page of this thread, with probably 70-80 different posters, with nothing actually concrete to show for it. What’s it going to be like if we do get sold?

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:02 PM

Kev, the email must’ve come from one solicitor or another. Maybe just me, but I can’t see a prestigious firm risking losing high value clients by allowing emails to be leaked. It’s why people pay those extra thousands after all – confidentiality.
    A law firm wouldn’t allow just anybody to handle a deal like this, involving royal family members. It would a senior partner. You don’t get a reputation for confidentiality without being really secure. Like I say, I just can’t see it myself.

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:03 PM

Did anyone see the alert from Companies house for Mash Holdings?

• kev1664

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:03 PM

Rob,

I’ve seen absolutely nothing with quotes on from Rafa, or sources close to Rafa.

It seems to me that people are pushing out opinion pieces based on the little to no information they are getting from the situation.

Most of it started when Rafa went to the training ground, then, it would seem, Chinese whispers took hold and opinions seem to be being put out as facts.

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Was strange a change of address for Mash holdings from 2009 and 2015. Possible that the there has been a change and the wrong alert or data been changed on companies house. That’s Chris Holts suggestion.

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:05 PM

The sale will get us all back onto football and VAR, for example. Roll on the sale so that we can bitch about something else. It’s worse than BREXIT!

• RobLeenio

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:07 PM

Love that people still fall into the Mag : P trap – Elmanio, you’re not the first, you won’t be the last.
    😛
    It’s the colonP combo gives the tongue-sticking-out emoji. Makes me chuckle way more than it should

• bill

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:07 PM

I’m being called to bed. Unfortunately, only to sleep. See some in the morning I guess.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:07 PM

IMO Rafa knows if he wins anything at the Toon, even a League Cup, he will become more of a legend than he ever will be for the trophies he won at Valencia, Liverpool or Chelsea.

THAT, more than anything, else MA included, is what will keep him at NUFC.