web analytics

Alan Shearer – Shambles, Travesty, And Fear The Worst

It did not take too much time after Alan Shearer published his Sunday night article imploring Newcastle United to act like a football club, or members of a species that have language, and communicate; for them to release a statement that absolutely gutted every single person associated with the club – Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley excluded.

Alan Shearer has written another article, again in the Sun about the repercussions of Mike Ashley’s decision to cut loose the heart of Newcastle United.

This is what Alan has written in last night’s new column:

It is a shambles and a travesty. It doesn’t make any sense.

No truer words have ever been written. This is a shambles and a travesty. And it does not make sense.

Alan continues:

He has been brilliant but he has completely lost trust in those he is working for, which is not the first time that has happened at Newcastle under owner Mike Ashley.

Alan is again correct here as Mike Ashley is a wretch. And a man like Rafa Benitez, a genuine and noble being, can spot a wretch and certainly will be wary of the wretch.

However, being a genuine and noble being, Rafa Benitez had affection for Newcastle and its suffering fans. In true heroic fashion, Rafa sought to relieve the suffering of the fans. And the wretch has made everybody suffer for it.

Alan continues:

You will see the propaganda come out from Newcastle in the next few days — we offered him this and that, we said he could have so many millions to spend.

See the previous comment about Mike Ashley being a wretch.

Alan again continues, and if anyone can speak for the fans it is Alan Shearer:

Rafa united the fans and gave them belief, which they had not had for a long time.

He passionately cared for the club and the supporters, but above all, he knew the potential Newcastle carried.

Genuine and noble Rafa Benitez. We had this man as our face for three years. Not many clubs have been so smiled upon. At least we had that.

And hammer meets nail:

Most managers have issues with whoever they have to answer to, but you have to have some sort of rapport with someone at the club that shares your ambition.

All Mike Ashley wants is for Newcastle to survive – that is ultimately what it comes down to.

Rafa is bigger and better than that.

He doesn’t want to be fighting a relegation battle every year, he wants to take a team forward.

This is the crux of the position we are in. The man who owns this club also restricts this club.

Alan finishes his article revealing the emotion that burns the strongest while lurking just beneath the anger it provokes – fear:

Now, you have to fear the worst.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:38 AM

Alan speaks the truth people. The worst is yet to come…

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:41 AM

Lesh,

You could be right….I’m not trusting my own judgement right now (as I was adamant Rafa would stay).
    We have a crazy situation going on…..which hopefully will reveal itself over the coming weeks.

All I was saying is that the same furor does not exist outside of the UK (or north east)

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:49 AM

Genji,

I understand your stance (and have every sympathy for it)
    But, there’s no point in me givin it large from 3000 miles away, when I can’t do bot all about it.

I hope you are successful, I would support you from afar – if there’s anything I can do (apart from physically being there) I would be happy to help.

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:13 AM

Understandable ny mag.
    3000 mile trio to the toon would be alot of dedication hats of if any of our state toon brothers do.
    But for the rest. We can do something.
    As a collective i believe we can achieve our goals.

Ny mag just slag him off to everyone you can.
    Even just spread rumours about him being a little dick man.

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:19 AM

It was weird the media blackout of the toon.
    Now its the storm coming.
    Just got to pray to the universe that the toon is getting sold soon.

Burning man effigy of ashley first home game?

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:21 AM

I, too, wish I was able to contribute from 3000 miles away. I’m certainly onboard with slagging him off whenever I could. I won’t tell you what I called him in a text to my wife earlier along with the link to Rafa leaving.

Okay, I will. I called him a c**t.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:22 AM

I feel I should explain why I called him a c**t. It’s because he’s a c**t. And with that, I bid you all a good night after this truly bad day. Good night.

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:27 AM

Chancel try to have a good sleep mate.
    Got a heater fault so thats me till 6 olock. Nice 500 degree heat come at is.
    It might burn off this sick feeling ive had all day.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:31 AM

Ok, I’m pissed like everyone.
    This is bullshit, I’m not going to completely lose it just yet, could this be the new owners saying to Mike, you have to let him go and end his contract so we can talk to him ( Rafa ) about a new one.
    I’m praying this is a July 1st two for one, Club sold and new owners bring cheer to the club with a new Spanish manager we all know.
    Or this could be the new owners saying we don’t want him as we have someone else in line to take over, or it could just be Mike Ashley being a complete TiT.
    All I know is we are meant to go to China soon so a manager or issues at the club needs to be fixed my then, praying for the July 1st takeover confirmed.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:55 AM

Being dropped into reactor 4 in Chernobyl is too good for AshLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Paul141726

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:09 AM

So much was written yesterday by so many fans. And though there were many varied opinions for the “trouble” the club is now in, the passion of the fans who told of their feelings was one of the reasons I became a NUFC fan to begin with. Whether people go or don’t go thru the turnstiles, it is their right. Being so far away from the actual goings on, I’m not sure what I would do. But I do know 1 thing, I want a takeover to be completed as soon as possible. I will hope that the way this week has begun is not the way it will end.

• Jarra

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:31 AM

Shambles, Travesty, And Fear The Worst, those are not just the words of Shearer but each and everyone of us. Talk of takeover gives that glimmer of hope, but the next appointment by Ashley will have to be a trusted man for him. A man out of work, a man thick skinned to ignore the pressure and abuse and, a man who can do the impossible and keep his money cow in the Premier league.
    I will not be surprised when the name of Big Sam returns and that will be the last sight I see as I close the Newcastle United door behind me on my way out.

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:33 AM

Still cant accept this like.
    Rafa is the best manager weve had since sir Bobby.
    The man is a geordie hero in my eyes.
    Still cant believe this like.

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:45 AM

Storm coming? 52k morons will fill the stadium and Ashley will be laughing.

That’s why Ashley will never sell nufc.

• toon22

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:46 AM

Business as usual guys

😉

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:46 AM

Asset striping will resume shortly. 17th place will be the target.

• one fine day

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:01 AM

Started getting texts last night Sydney time and woke up this morning hoping it was just a bad dream.
    still gutted
    Just wondering if catchy and co can answer how he thinks next season will go?
    Have a feeling almeron will be off as fatso cashes in ,Perez likewise and we know that the end of rondon.
    the vultures will also be circling with man utd taking the chance to steal longstaff.
    Dubs will not be far behind and I think lascalles will have his agents looking.
    So in a single weekend this “club” has managed to destroy 3 years work and the most unbelievable team spirit i have ever witnessed .
    Its not the wins against fulham away i will remember .Its the scrapping for every point and lets be honest ,if we start next season with zero points after 8 games does anyone really think everyone will stay calm and trust the gaffer to get us out of it.
    The fact the news is being celebrated in albania on the wear tells us everything we need to know.even the daft mackums secretly wished they had someone of his caliber..
    No doubt if we don’t see a takeover we will be looking once more at the french leagues from carr /mondial and we know how many heavy defeats we had to take when those talented little gems simply lost interest or downed tools.
    We will again become the stepping stone club,and those who still wish to trundle along and pay to witness this,its your call but i am struggling to even contemplate watching the premier league next year.
    I am 50 this year so obviously have never witnessed us winning anything significant (never bothered me to be honest as my team always was never about winning the cups ) but at least the last three years I was always proud of the way this team would fight and were never turned over .
    The thing that chokes more is rafa was never given a chance to really show us what he could do for us with his first choices and now sadly most of us will just wonder what could have been .
    And toonbrother ,if you honestly believe someone like mourinio will know how to keep a team together for a relegation battle than you are more deluded that i imagined.
    Wish i could be more upbeat.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:06 AM

Putting Rafa aside (I know you don’t want to but bear with me), I still think the compelling “news” over the last week is that Joselu can’t be sold for legal reasons. Surely that means something is afoot on the takeover stakes?

Shirley?

• chicousa

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:20 AM

Micky
    You were one of the first people who posted several days before the newspaper reports, that Rafa was pretty much gone. You mentioned a photo of him packing a box or boxes into his car. But I sense you caught wind of something because up to that point you were pretty much thinking or hoping that Rafa would retained by the BZG. Then you suddenly changed tone on the Rafa situation.

So do you think now that takeover by BZG is still on, and if so what is your best guesstimate on the timeframe when it will announced?

Do you think the BZG have their eyes set on José?

• beermonkey

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:21 AM

My mate a manure fan text me yesterday and said you must be gutted about rafa
    On the brightside we will probably get longstaff now

I am yet to thank him for his words

• Lovem or Hatem

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:27 AM

@mickey

What is the general feeling in dubai at the moment with regards takeover, Rafa and BZG?

• beermonkey

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:28 AM

Dubai

Where hashe that come from

They probably don’t want to sell him as he is cheap and they will hope that the new manager will be able to polish the turd that is joselu

I think perez will be off and no rondon coming in they won’t wanna buy 2 strikers so joselu stays

There will be big profit in sales perez schar hayden and a few others

• DubaiMicky

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:34 AM

chicousa,

Sorry for being somewhat downbeat over the last week or so, I like most on here never wanted Rafa to go.

I heard again about transfers of cash and that BZG was going ahead and that Rafa wasn’t part of their plans, they have previous history with José and that would seem the logical choice for them.

If it doesn’t happen I can honestly say it’s not due to BZG, they have tried and are trying to get this over the line – they started talks way back in September/October.

Never wanted to be the bloke on here that said Rafa going is the price us Geordies need to pay to get rid of ashLIE.

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:36 AM

Just been intouch with the magpie group, ive asked them to send someone onto the blog to relay information on what action they are going to take.
    This is so all will be informed of what is actually happening.
    And hopefully this will lead to alot more people turning up when your club needs you.
    This fight against ashley is there to be won.
    We must stand up against him.

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:41 AM

For all our sakes micky i hope your right.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:54 AM

So do I Genjikai, so do I.

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:56 AM

You got a cheeky bet on it micky?

• c-dog

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:58 AM

Eddie Howe optimists

When has Ashley ever paid compensation for a manager?

You keep banging the drum about Ashley doing things he’s never before done. We have followed a strict model for 12 years.

• c-dog

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:00 AM

Mickey

You know nothing about BZG

• chicousa

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:01 AM

Micky
    Thanks. If BZG ultimately ends up being successful then I’m sure as sad as most of us will be to see Rafa go, we will still be grateful to see the back of Ashley at last. It seems very possible that Ashley cutting ties with Rafa now, could very well be part of the ownership transfer deal. Losing Rafa hurts….badly! But getting rid of Ashley would make it less painful.

Also one optimistic thought: if Rafa is gone today, what is to say he cannot return at some future point under a new, more rational owner?

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:03 AM

Ed/Niel.
    I hope you dont mind me asking the magpie group to deliver information about whats going on onto your blog.
    I believe its really important as i think alot more good folks would turn up to events if they knew they were happening.

• c-dog

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:10 AM

For those of you talking negatively about KD

Totally puts the blame on Ashley

• Tsunki

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:12 AM

What everyone must understand plainly now is that Ashley has provided irrefutable proof that no manager, whatever calibre, can function with sporting ambition in a top competitive league under his ownership.

A Newcastle United manager cannot win anything except Manager of the Month for a heroic effort or stringing together less defeats than usual. So whoever comes in comes in under the understanding that if he asks for comparable facilities to clubs in the top half of the table, he will be replaced.

Ashley has proved beyond doubt his aim is to maximise profit percentages and absolutely nothing more. The club is hostage to his interests and will remain so in perpetuity with only a financial downturn bring the way to prise his hands off it.

It really is up to his customers to vote with their wallet, because if you continue to pay him he will stay, and you will be supporting the regime indefinitely. Bad publicity, adverse advertising, is what drives profits down. When brands become toxic, they really suffer, and can fall astonishingly easily. Everything to do with Ashley must become toxic.

• Ron Knee

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:16 AM

The Chronicle@ChronicleNUFC

‘After five exasperating transfer windows in a row, Benitez was unwilling to live through a sixth. Faith had eroded to such an extent that neither side truly trusted the other’s intentions, meaning a divorce became inevitable.’ #nufc

• Shoulders knees

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:19 AM

Morning all.
    Boycotting season tickets won’t work I fear , club will entice the day trippers in.
    Could the Rafa bombshell be to allow us to expect takeover to be a no go given we will still be upset about Rafa going. They just announce again he’s not selling.

• chicousa

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:19 AM

Tweet regarding EPL IS currently conducting a fit and proper test for BZG takeover of NUFC

The Premier League are conducting a “fit and proper test” for the proposed BZG takeover of #nufc. [@SajChowdhury

• chicousa

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:21 AM

• Bambams

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:22 AM

I wonder how Charnley feels this morning ? This man, actually this ‘person’ not a man, has worked at Newcastle United for about 15 years, he was at the club prior to Ash arriving.

Ash must of seen something in him to promote him to chief exec/total board/Transfer Negotiator/Spokesperson…..I wonder what that was ?

I would take Pardew, Kinnear and even Dennis wise as manager to rid us of Charnley alone.

Ash would struggle without his mini-Mike, he would even have to start buying toilet roll !

• Shoulders knees

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:27 AM

Chicousa
    It’s the hope that kills

• chicousa

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:28 AM

Nah, it is hope that sees us through the darkness!