web analytics

BBC Reporter Claims BZG Proposal Still Being Assessed

Saj Chowdhury who is a sports reporter for the BBC has tweeted over the past two days on the effect of Rafa’s departure on the BZG takeover.

This is what Chowdhury tweeted just after Newcastle United’s announcement of the end Rafa’s tenure as manager:

There is not much there but it may have been just a quick verification on his end to any sources that he had. However, this was the first update he had personally given that we can find since the news broke.

Chowdhury followed up that tweet with a more detailed one late Monday evening. This is that tweet:

We understand that this is very limited information but it is further reporting that the takeover is still progressing even if it is at a snail’s pace.

• jane

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:07 PM

come back Rafa

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:15 PM

We’ll bring Antonio Barreca in on the management team but just stick him in a cupboard in case we need him some time.

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:17 PM

I’ve already commented on this Saj Chowdhury tweet – it’s like the microwave dinner of journalism, he’s taken the 2nd BZG statement, reheated it, given it a bit of a stir and it unsurprisingly doesn’t quite satisfy.

Nothing new to see here.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:18 PM

Assessed – by who and against what criteria

• storey

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:22 PM

Nothing new here man, 24 hour old news. Article popped up on breaking news on newsnow, got my hopes up for a second. I know you mean well but please stop reporting yesterday’s news

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:22 PM

How those two other signings

Game – away travel entertainment.

HOF – FA cup 3rd round suits

• captainmarvel

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Just have to think about how they managed to pass Ashley off as “fit and proper” ( should be proper fat shit) BZG should take two minutes..

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:25 PM

Just had a quick look at The Chronic for the first time today – my shrink said I need Lee Ryder avoidance therapy during this time of NUFC stress. They interviewed SuperMac and Quinny. They both said it was terrible that Rafa had been let go and a travesty. Here’s the full interview:

Little Chrissy Waugh: So, what do you think of the Rafa/Ashley/BZG situation;

Qunny: it reminds me of my debut when I scored 3 goals. See there are 3 involved in that situation, same as the goals I scored.

Supermac: funny you should mention that. I scored 3 goals on my debut as well. But if you add Charnley and Jose to the mix that equals 5. Which, by an amazing coincidence is the exact same number as the goals I scored for England against Cyprus.

• magscar

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Tony

Last thread – “windmill” as in being attacked by Don Quixote – imaginary foe. You being latest denounced as a shill

Sorry for obscure (Spanish connection) quote – Tsunki hopefully got 🙂

• sifu

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:30 PM

Ashley to delay selling the club till the transfer window is almost closed. He will sell the top players then keep the cash for himself before he sells the club to the Saudis. He will convince them that they can buy top players to make Newcastle a top four team. No doubt about it, he is a good business man. He will tell them that the debts when he took over have all been paid by him and they are getting a good buy with a club full of history and a full house every game. He will sell, knowing he has shit on the club and fans. His payback for the treatment him and his family have had over the years.

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:31 PM

Magscar,

I’m surprised you haven’t come under attack from our amphibious friend, you speak a lot of common sense therefore you must be a shill 😀

• jimiley

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:31 PM

Still being assessed since April?????
    Still being assessed in August and then the season starts.
    So we will break off the assessment to see how the club fares and start the assessment again in November. And so it goes on.
    There is a buyer but no seller.
    Perhaps Rafa might hang on for a year or two to see how the assessment is going?
    If you believe all this bollix you are as thick as mince.
    Mourinho has ruled himself out as he is not keen on a relegation fight so he knows there is no Arab takeover.
    Now get doon the groond and give the man your wedge. He has a retaill business to fund.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:33 PM

sifu: which Saudis are you talking about?

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Jimiley,

Still trying to make friends I see

• jimiley

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Sifu
    His payback is not selling but keeping all the coin.
    He knows he cannot go to a home game again but does he care as long as the coin keeps coming.
    Even if we get relegated he will spend 100 million to get us up and write off a seasons profit.

• jimiley

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:35 PM

NY Mag
    I am not here to make friends but give an opinion and have a debate. It might be negative but its realistic. Better than living in la la land.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:36 PM

It will effect it if we are in the bottom 3 after 10 games and we still haven’t been sold. I have to say takeover talk is starting to sound very hollow. No way Rafa walks away if it’s happening, unless he’s been tapped up by BZG or believes they want someone else, which is all a bit thin to put it mildly.

• magscar

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:38 PM

N Y Mag

I was one of the first to be outed way back in October November last year . Challenged him but like talking to a brick wall and several posters changes avatars in support of his crusade to clean up Blog 🙂

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:41 PM

Magscar,

Ah, yes – I remember now. Shame on me for forgetting

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Jimiley,

I don’t recall you having much success on the debating front….

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:43 PM

Ok Toon fans, you really, really want this piece of shite out of the club, let’s do a Real Madrid / Barcelona.

World wide we at least have one hundred thousand fans. 3500.00 each buys the club with another 1000.00 each gives us a transfer chest of 100 Million.

Simple as that, it’s can work for the Spanish giants, why not us.

That’s the only way this crude, spoilt, dipshitting, cry baby, toys out of Pram ass muncher will go.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:43 PM

I know I am not a brilliant humourist. I just wanted to point out that every time Quinn and McDonald are interviewed by The Chronicle they have to crowbar in the fact they scored hattricks on their debut. It doesn’t matter if they ask them what they had for their tea. It will be – 3 eggs on toast – which is the same as 3 goals and by an amazing coincidence that is the number I scored on my debut.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:45 PM

Magscar

I’m 3 shills and PR and I’m not even sorry.

NY

I think it’s down to stating an opinion and following it by insulting anyone who doesn’t agree wholeheartedly.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:48 PM

NY Mag: weren’t you head of the Princeton debating society? Didn’t their handbook reference the Jimiley debating skills 101? State your case loudly and abruptly… don’t wait for the answer.

Err… that’s about it.

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:49 PM

Nostradamus,

Nice thought (and I would put my money into that, although only an amount that I was comfortable with never seeing again).
    But I’m not sure how you expect 100,000 fans to agree on anything, when probably around 50 or so on this blog bicker like hell 🙂

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:50 PM

I’ve made a conscious decision to stay in my la la land BZG bubble until an official announcement pops it!! It’s just nicer in here, there’s plenty of room, come on in

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:52 PM

No thanks bubble boy.

Moors.

Moops.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:55 PM

BZG should bring Rafa in to help with their bid, and advise them on how to run the football side, and if successful re appoint him as coach.

• NY Mag

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:56 PM

droppy,

He had a barny with Bobbybee last week, he’s been trying to bait him ever since….

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Michael Ashley… Hospitality Coach

• magscar

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM

Nostradamus

I think Ronaldo has started a promissory crowd funding sort of buy out – not quite there yet

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:04 AM

NY

I remember it.

Myself and Bobby discussed the same topic and oddly enough whilst we didn’t completely agree, we saw each other’s point of view and can happily discuss other things too.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:05 AM

Agent Willie McKay is facing up to 2 years in prison for fraud in the Sala transfer to Cardiff. He is the one who dumped Amdy Faye on us.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Jail for Ashley is going to the cricket at Chester-le-Street tomorrow. Just thought I would mention it in case anybody was waiting for me to mention cricket again.

• Toon Cat

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:34 AM

I can accept the Chowdhbury tweet as legitimate .. someone at BZG telling him that Rafa leaving doesn’t change their intent to buy. Thats fine. Thats what they’ve said all along. That they’re ready and actively trying to buy. Unfortunately the real unknown is Ashley. How honest and willing a seller is he ? Is he stalling and playing silly buggers again ?

I don’t really worry about the good intentions of the BZG but I certainly can’t say the same for Ashley. To quote Ant and Dec, he can always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Arizona Fan

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:34 AM

Captain AmeriMag I’m trying to stay positive and it is hard but I believe that it is happening the only question I have is why look for a new manager unless you have doubts about the takeover.

• neverbeento wembly

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:34 PM

How does fatty pass the fit to own test by f.a. The list of his crimes never mind misdeeds is too long to list here, a few of his classics are firing Gueterez for sin of getting cancer, being a convicted liar etc etc. The fat slug should be in jail