web analytics

Dutch Manager And Former International Would Be Interested In Newcastle Job

The Chronicle have a report out that Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s agent has spoken about the open Newcastle manager position.

Van Bronckhorst’s agent, Guido Albers, does not expressly say that the ex-Netherlands captain is seeking out the job. The link for Van Bronckhorst seems to have come in conversation over the developments yesterday with Newcastle announcing that Rafa was leaving.

This is what Guido Albers has said:

“I think the rumours have come a little bit early and no-one from the club has spoken to Gio. But I think every coach in the world would be interested in working in the Premier League.

“And what we would say if a club like Newcastle has an opportunity to work for them then of course he would be interested in doing that. It is an amazing club with an amazing fanbase but it’s up to them who they decide to go for.”

It’s obvious from these comments that Albers was just responding to questions about an open position. He first mentions the Premier League as being a league any manager would want to work in. Then he does give some nice compliments about the fanbase.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst– would be interested in working in the Premier League

Giovanni van Bronckhorst would be an unlikely candidate to come in and replace Rafa Benitez. He has only had one managerial job and while he was very successful in his four years at Feyenoord, Newcastle is an altogether different animal than the Rotterdam club. Though the “de Kuip” does have a capacity of about 51,000.

Van Bronckhorst managed Feyenoord from 2015-2019 and decided to leave the club at the end of this past season. He managed a total of 201 matches with a win percentage of 60%. He also led Feyenoord to the Eredivisie title in 2017.

• Toon Cat

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Unless there’s a takeover, does it really matter who Ashley brings in as a manager ? It’ll just be more of the same.

• Toon Cat

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:21 PM

and by that I mean more of thechaos, dysfunction, and lack of ambition that has sucked the life out of the club under Ashley

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:21 PM

OK: I can’t let this one go and it is football related. The top headline on the Daily hateMail website is “After Busby Babes and Fergie Fledglings, OGS is building his United team around youth”.

Fergie Fledglings FFS. Who ever called them that. And if you can name him, can you take him outside and have him shot.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:23 PM

Presumably my comment has been censored so I’ll change it slightly.

The only manager I want is Rafa so the others can fornicate in an offward direction until there’s absolutely no hope of him coming back.

• SA Toon

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:27 PM

I have always regarded myself as one of the more positive supporters in this crazy club, but will someone please wake me up when this nightmare is over. We’re somewhere between complete disaster (if Ashley stays) and a brave new world (if there is a take over), but I’m not sure I have it in me anymore to watch this thing play out. In the 50 years I’ve supported this club, I’ve just had too many disappointments. Let’s get this sorted now!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:27 PM

I don’t want to put people off writing long comments but personally I usually skip them or skim through them, the former mainly.

I try to keep mine below 1000 words otherwise the point I want to make is lost in the excess verbiage, short and sweet is more effective imo.

• Just a fan

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:30 PM

Gutted when Keegan left.
    Gutted when Bobby sacked.
    Gutted when benitze left.
    But got over it eventually .life goes on

• Cathedral on the hill

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:35 PM

It doesn’t matter whether the new manager is pep Guardiola or gep puardiola as long as that gready barsteward remains nothing will change. The new manager will still have to work in the same dysfunctional transfer remit, no investment in academy or infrastructure, cant sign player’s over 25/26, no ambition, no cup runs, zero net spend (club has to live within in means and so on.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:35 PM

Have to admit The post by DubaiMicky had me puzzled re. the hot date with a Gosforth lass, needed the explanation to get the joke. 🙂

• andyr79

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:40 PM

Well the only hope I have is that the rotund one will only be at the club a few more years tops.
    This is based on the fact he’s a prime heart attack statistic waiting to happen, all those pies can’t be doing him good.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:41 PM

So total restructuring of the youth teams and employment of a loan manager does anyone think Ashley has thought about how well Longstaff has done which has resulted in him and his cronies have coming up with a new masterplan for academy players into the first team?

There will be plenty of foreign coaches used to working with young players who might fancy the job under those conditions…..

• Genjikai

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:44 PM

Lee
    The current crop has got some excellent players.
    A few getting good reviews with the england youth setup.
    Aye i think he sees the money to be made out of young geordie talent.
    Sadly hes just stumbled across a generation of talented geordies that hes going to make mega money on.
    Under rafa we could of seen a geordie 11.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:45 PM

Success in the Dutch league isn’t much of a yardstick for how good someone is. At this point I think we need a manager with some Premier League experience to keep this whole situation from imploding. Now is definitely not the time for managerial experimentation!

• Dubs Left Glove

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:46 PM

Captain AmeriMag, take a bow sir. Your positivity is probably what is needed right about now.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:46 PM

As the club is currently set up we don’t need a zero net spend policy anymore. The payroll is 4th bottom in the PL and because of TV money there is a built in profit of 50-60 million a year. Fatman can trouser this and we will go down, if not this year then next. Or he can invest in a decent Manager and some upgrades on players. We don’t need much more to be mid-table under a decent Manager.

I am starting to feel more like Fatty will sabotage the BZG deal. Bad taste after what he just did to Rafa – fire him on twitter – that is worse than breaking up with your girlfriend by texting. Brought back memories of Guiterez and letting him go when he had cancer.

• Moonraker15

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:48 PM

Just pray they hire a low key, cheap coach with a takeover in mind and a 2 yr max contract.
    If it’s another high profile coach like Rafa (no chance) then there’s probably NO takeover!

• giimps

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:49 PM

Mourinio distances himself by saying “finishing 9th is not in my nature”…….but spending 250m a season to finish 6th is …..next

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:51 PM

Carr is probably in Ashleys ear telling him Rafa has wasted money and can’t get the best out of some of his picks like Saviet and Colback…..

Expecting Aaron’s Lazaar Murphy Gayle Saviet Woodman Shelvey and Colback to feature under the new manager as well that’s a whole new team with no money spent job done!!!

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:52 PM

OOOHHHH! A Dutch coach, you say? That’s a wonderful idea. It’s not like we’ve ever had a Dutch coach who’s turned out to be a total disaster before, is it?

What’s that you say? Something stuck in your throat?

Oh!

• giimps

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:55 PM

Tony…..the club is not what it once was, no class ,no empathy and no ambition….Rafa brought these traits back to the club and now he’s gone, the club reverts to type under the slug ……I don’t blame Rafa for not signing, he held all the cards and when we get taken over, I feel he comes back as manager or director of football to grow the club organically…..the club can once again be proud and strong, while the slug is here there is a dark cancerous shadow enveloping everything about it……#crowdfundtheanswer

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:55 PM

Robleenio: we also had a coach with a Dutch accent who turned out to be a disaster and that was under Ashley.

• magscar

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:55 PM

ShouldersKnees

Thanks but no issue here – explaining to OO how it is which is what I prefer to do if someone provides a response roably expect it of meto me rather than get into Yah Boo stuff. He’s old enough and been around long enough to expect it 🙂

Have had a few scrapes on here over the years usually with the same crew but sometimes things need saying othertimes I skip past shaking my head at the futility. Often haven’t the time or inclination to engage especially if i sense a deliberate but not specifically addressed wind up just for the fun of it.

It’s a Blog and I can hold my own when I need to.

Just a fan

Any hidden offer to edit my post down to some crisp one liners ala modern blogging?

Could send next to you for you to try cutting out the fat and then send back for my approval. Can’t pay as OAP but you might like to help an old NUFC fan out and get down with the kids 🙂

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Then there’s Jose, who hasn’t been offered the job, is wanted by the fans, isn’t wanted by the management and doesn’t want to work here anyway (let’s face it, he can’t win a match at SJP) coming out and saying “I want to play to win”

Well, we don’t need your opinion, pal. No way, Jose.

Just give us wor Rafa back, will you, you miserable bunch of ar$eholes!

• GeordieTwo

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Van Buckinghorse need not apply. Wor Moyesy has it already in the bag. I know, I know, it’s going to get used to him after having a good manager but he’s got Prem experience and he’s not Carver!

• giimps

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Steve Mclaren was Dutch and an international manager……that went well

• Moonraker15

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:57 PM

Just a fan
    You are the problem! “Life goes on”!
    In other words you don’t mind mediocrity!
    No wonder Ashley can trouser £100 million every year!
    We should be in the fckin champions league every year!

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:58 PM

Too much takeover evidence to ignore.
    It’s happening boys.
    Soon, very soon

• toon22

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:59 PM

Can’t wait for another 12 years of MA

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:59 PM

Lol, Tony, you’re right, we did, though I did sympathise with Schteve on that memorable occasion.

I once spent a p!ssed up night on the Reeperbahn in Hamburg unable to stop myself speaking with a German accent. I’ll blame temporary brain damage, too much schnapps.

• toon22

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:59 PM

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

• GeordieTwo

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:00 PM

Wor Chutney is asking if you have Gep Puardiola’s number Cathedral?

• giimps

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:00 PM

Another 12 years sounds great, as long as he’s in a coffin for 11.75 of them

• GeordieTwo

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:01 PM

We’re actually now in the 13th year of Ashley. The number 13 seems appropriate somehow….

• GeordieTwo

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:03 PM

That should read it’s going to be hard to get used to wor Moyesy @24. Possibly we should have some flags with his face on them ready for the Grand Announcement?

• magscar

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:03 PM

It was once suggested I perhaps send my posts to The Mag as articles ha ha – as if!!

Hmmm Probably more than once thinking about it and also meant on reflection 🙁

Its like comfy slippers on here though 😉

Basically money from KBA and also from The Mag (to solely post here and never there) and paid by the word count nicely supplement my pension and sometimes I even enjoy it 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:04 PM

As an aside. I saw Schteve’s first match in charge. It was a friendly in Milwuakee and we were 2 down after 20 minutes. I might have mentioned this before but Ryder stayed in the poshest hotel in town. It is like $250 for a single room. Some friends of mine saw him at the bar there.

• OneAlanShearer

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Cpt AmeriWUM

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:06 PM

Geordie Two: Carver has Premier League experience!!!!

(and Canadian(MLS) and Cyprus League).

• GeordieTwo

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:06 PM

I thought Schteve McLaren was an Englishman pretending to be Dutch giimps?

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Geordie Two: We can probably get the flags of Moyes at a cut rate from Man U with “The Chosen One” on them.

1 2 3 5