web analytics

Sun Reporter Who Broke BZG Story Gives Positive Update

Justin Allen of the Sun, who broke the story of the Bin Zayed Group’s potential takeover of Newcastle, still claims that it is progressing.

Justin took to Twitter this morning with this update:

While there is nothing new in this. There is still hope that we will be rid of Mike Ashley at some point. Even if it is taking longer than we can stand.

We also have this tweet from Sky Sports’ Keith Downie:

While it is true, that for Newcastle fans it is the hope that kills. We never would have thought that Rafa Benitez would have been the manager under Mike Ashley for three seasons.

That was beyond comprehension when the club was mired in the relegation zone in 2016. But it happened and we are all the better for it.

This takeover may also happen. Let’s just hope it does and that it doesn’t destroy us in the process.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Micky@25.
    I might be wrong but was it not reported from their early statements that they wanted to keep Rafa?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Something fishy certainly seems to be going on.

Either a sale isn’t happening, or it is and Rafa isn’t wanted by the new owners.

Frankly, I think the former is more likely than the latter.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Which makes me think even more that slugthing is behind all of this.
    Hope I’m wrong

• TyneMouth

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM

So good old Ashley is taking the flak for the loss of Benitez!

Such a kind and considerate gentleman.

You couldn’t make it up!

….Sorry, someone did, and it’s trending on this blog!

Stop it now!!!

• magscar

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Benny 10

yeah pick out bits frog might be correct on and of course by no means the only one or the first and ignore all the rubbish he has spouted for months – won’t get any credit whasoever for being “right” I am a bit more discerning than that.

Lookng forward t all the Kudos to likes of Jimiley, Ilovetoo87-88 to name but a few who have “called it”

I despair when posters believe he has anything to do with what has occurred and of course the wheel’s still in spin

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:04 PM

spb, Mund heard that a meeting was arranged with Rafa for today. Said he would try to find out more tonight and pass it on.

• Prestonmag66

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Wonder why there’s been no statement from Rafa?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:08 PM

ofd,
    Thank foot for that.
    By the way, I got your GoT reference I just finished the last one the other day.

• IrishRob

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:10 PM

Sheikh #35…. you might have been on to something if you hadn’t failed to notice Mickey was being sarcastic, and the Gosforth girl was Charnley’s wife.

• thereallowickmag

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:12 PM

Is it possible that this maybe Ashley trying to force the hand of BZG to up their offer or get it done quicker. That’s maybe why it was announced a week before it needed to be. Ashley knows any prospective owner would want Rafa. By announcing it a week before he needed to may be a tactic to get things moving. We know what games he’s capable of getting up to to squeeze every last penny.
    Just a thought.

• BenbulbenMag

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:13 PM

There’s a groundswell of disappointment over the news that R

• BenbulbenMag

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:14 PM

There’s a groundswell of disappointment over the news that Raffa is Leaving from all fans. Fantasy football fans! They’re all cursing Ashley for denying them the chance of a few of our players, especially the defensive ones.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:16 PM

I do find it odd that there has been no statement from Rafa. Nothing during the “Negotiations” and still nothing now.
    Not even a website release thanking the fans, players and city for their support.
    Something just doesn’t add up to me.

• G

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Anybody else have a good laugh when the Chronic’s Twitter this morning posted a story that Vinny Jones was interested in the Toon job?

• Sultan of Broonale

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Very worried about this takeover now.

It appears Ashley is reluctant to sell to BZG and prefers a Kenyon fronted bid (with US money?).

What if the talk about a new model, DOF with a younger coach (linked with US MLS coach) isn’t Ashley’s new direction but the blueprint of Kenyon’s US consortium (if they exist.)

There were rumours they’ve not been able to find the funds so will not be appointing a Galactico like Mourinho and May try the Carr model of bringing in younger players for resale.

Was Almiron the first of these, purchased from US?

Ashley will want access to sponsorship and other commercial incentives and the club will continue dying a slow death.

I think we are done.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Benny

Toon22 doesn’t deserve any credit at all. He’s just moronically and obsessively trotted out the same inane phrases day after day after day. A lot of us have always been sceptical of any takeover given who our owner is.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Preston@47
    He’s probably waiting until he’s officially out of contract then he’ll be able to spill the beans

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Wheres Rafa?

Is he on a cruise with Kenyon and Lord Lucan.

Why nothing from him or BZG?

• BENNY 10

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:20 PM

All of this madness and not a peep out of Rafa, not even following news of his departure? Something fishy is going on, I don’t but the NDA angle, NDAs don’t give you the power to gag people who would otherwise want to make a statement thanking the fans and saying goodbye surely?

• BenbulbenMag

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:21 PM

OO @ comment 58. I think Raffa will need to hold thunder until the dust settles and he sees what the new lay of the land is.If there is no takeover taking place we are in for a VERY bumpy ride. 🙁

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM

A NDA wouldn’t stop Rafa from thanking the fans and saying goodbye.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Benny,
    My thoughts exactly. It just doesn’t add up to me.
    I really really really hope that this takeover goes through. It’s literally our only hope now.

• Sultan of Broonale

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Why would Ashley take the flak on behalf of BZG?

He would for Kenyon though – to lubricate the future relationship which would very much see Ashley still involved in the club.

When people say Ashley isn’t a willing seller I don’t think he is – to BZG.

Only way I can see that is if he receives an offer he can’t refuse or Kenyon (if he really is interested) comes up short with the cash.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Sultan

After 50 years, if no takeover and no Rafa I would be done too. Yes I’ve said it lots of times before, just ask her indoors!

But when someone doesn’t even remotely even make the slightest attempt to try and hide their contempt for the fans, then enough is enough.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM

I was sorting some old papers yesterday for my better half’s cat litter tray, and I came across an edition of the chron… It must have been the Monday after we thrashed Fulham 0-4, and emblazoned on the front page was Rafa with giant headlines.
    “DON’T LET THIS BE THE LAST TIME”
    How ironic…how sad..

• martoon

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:25 PM

BENNY 10 @38 – I’ve never had a problem with toon22 and his opinions – he could well be proved to be right.

The problem I have with him is when he accuses well respected posters of being paid shills working for Ashley PR just because they try to analyse the accounts or hold an opinion than is not completely anti-Ashley or god forbid have a screen name that has a place name in it!

• Rotonda heights

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:25 PM

G

Vinnie Jones isn’t, he was saying Roy Keane maybe.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:25 PM

I was going to say it earlier but now I am sure – Morgan made a mistake putting the Aussies in. Conditions were overcast which with a Dukes ball would mean swing. This kookaburra white ball doesn’t swing or seam so you would bat first 9 times out of 10. Rashid the wrong choice as well. I have said it before, but he telegraphs his deliveries. A ball outside off is his googly and outside leg is his leggy. He should be bowling at the outside stumps and not going for maximum spin.

Aussies look good for 325 minimum here.

• MickyZee

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:26 PM

The ShieksMate

As far as I am aware they have said nothing about the managers position, and the chronicle did ask them the question which they failed to reply to, which is why I still hold onto a glimmer of hope, as much as I would have wanted Rafa to stay, getting rid of Ashley is to me more important.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM

If there is not a meeting between Rafa and the club today will that dent Mund’s credibility?

• lesh

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM

magscar

I think that the tip Mund left us that there’s to be a meeting today may have been based on his source not being aware that Ashley had pushed Rafa.

If it doesn’t come off it’ll be because it had been cancelled.

• lesh

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:33 PM

As far as the Sun saying takeover’s in progress, do we know where he’s got that information?

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ashley’d pissed BZG off and was feeding the Sun’s journo a pack.of lies to keep the takeover pot boiling until the transfer window closes.

• Geordie-john

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:35 PM

I think we need to look for a link between this reporter and Fat Lad. This so called buyer is another bullshit story for Rafa to walk. If there was another buyer with good prospects on the horizon, you wouldn’t walk away. Hopefully we might hear from the man himself after Sunday when his contract expires.
    Ashley has orchestrated the whole thing from start to finish with help from his Klingons.
    Basically we have all been played again !

• Geordie-john

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:36 PM

Don’t renew your season tickets. He will soon drop the club. No Profit = No GREEDY COCK-ney

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Good timeline of the BZG bid from True Faith. If this doesn’t happen then Ashley really has been wasting their time. It seems that they are following all of the steps to get a deal done and the only explanation for it not happening is Ashley moving the goalposts, or as the Frog has said, that Ashley was not serious to begin with and it was all a charade to cover his lack of intent on transfers.

I read more of the true faith stuff and they were saying that Bishop and Charnley were doing off he record statements to journos to undermine everything and everybody that was not Fat Mike.

• Mund

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Tony Baloney

I don’t want any credit mate just passing on info that I heard. Some want to hear it some want to shoot me down about it.

The meeting I got told about was after the announcement of Rafa leaving. I pressed on this saying why would he have a meeting arranged after there’d been this announcement. For told regardless of the club announcement Rafa is contracted till 30th of June he said something was on the pipeline and I guess we will see. Told me he would let me know if he hears anything.

• JIMBO53

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:41 PM

I hope the fat man and his team rot in hell. The Bastard will see no more of my money until he leaves.

• BENNY 10

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Once Rafa says goodbye we’ll know were doomed.

On the Toon 22 question yes he abused people on the blog and his motivation is to troll which is what it is.
    I just remember reading his stuff way back in the days of BZG statements saying they had agreed to buy Newcastle and thinking this guy is a nut there’s no way this is the same as the Stavley stuff last year. Yet here we are, Dubai no longer sure if its going to happen and it looks like de ja vu all over again. I find it grimly amusing that the crazy frog may have been right all along. That Grrribeeet comment when he first appeared on here after the news about Rafa leaving broke was actually quite brilliant in my opinion. He is an addition to this blog,

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:45 PM

If Munds info proves incorrect, the it brings into question the accuracy of the info he was given by his source. I believe he’s being honest. Are the passive aggressive digs really necessary?

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:45 PM

OFD from a previous thread. No I take no pleasure in Rafa leaving, what he’s done for us over the past 3 years has been nothing short of amazing and I will always be thankful for it. Apologies if my posts look that way but while the possibility of a BZG takeover is still alive I’m going to believe in it with as much positivity and good humour as I can