web analytics

Sun Reporter Who Broke BZG Story Gives Positive Update

Justin Allen of the Sun, who broke the story of the Bin Zayed Group’s potential takeover of Newcastle, still claims that it is progressing.

Justin took to Twitter this morning with this update:

While there is nothing new in this. There is still hope that we will be rid of Mike Ashley at some point. Even if it is taking longer than we can stand.

We also have this tweet from Sky Sports’ Keith Downie:

While it is true, that for Newcastle fans it is the hope that kills. We never would have thought that Rafa Benitez would have been the manager under Mike Ashley for three seasons.

That was beyond comprehension when the club was mired in the relegation zone in 2016. But it happened and we are all the better for it.

This takeover may also happen. Let’s just hope it does and that it doesn’t destroy us in the process.

• lesh

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:50 PM

Mund

Let’s hope there is something in your tip but if your source isn’t a close watcher of the NUFC soap opera, he could be forgiven for not seeing some finer but but key points.

• Mund

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:50 PM

Chancel

It’s 100% what I’ve been told. Could it be BS? Put it this way I’m always skeptical with any info about the club. I just want to keep some glimmer of hope that change is coming.

• Diddly

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Ok mund I had a go at you yesterday for which I apologize. I’m frustrated as we all are. Hopefully your snippet is true we shall see i guess.my glass still half full on takeover. I just be mad

• crawfordm

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Just had correspondence with SKY Sports and asked how they feel about Mike Ashley using their tv money to fund everything except re-investment into football. As we are all aware Season tickets, daily revenue or merchandising is not where he gets his money. Surely SKY must be concerned over what is happening to their money ? I questioned if SKY refuse to broadcast any NUFC games do they have to pay Ashley the money. They could help force this cancer out of the club ! Awaiting a reply with interest.

• supermac69

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Sorry lads not many snooker tables left as I have most of them, mountain jackets, trainers, tents and lots more so hurry while stocks last lol

• Mund

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Diddly

No worries mate understandable with how yesterday panned out emotions were running wild i felt the pain too.

Like I said above I just posted what I know because I keep a glimmer of hope things will change. It’s a total long shot but it’s all I’ve got to cling on to.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Crawfordm

That’s an interesting idea.

Sadly you will either get no response or something along the lines of

‘As part of our deal with EPL we agree to show each team a minimum of (x) times’

Proactive though, I like it.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:59 PM

Chancel: I totally believe that Mund is on the level of what he has heard. I don’t think he is some Mackem wind up. I have no idea why his uncle would string him along it just sounded strange that someone close to Ashley would jeopardise their job to pass on information about Rafa to a NUFC fan. If my skepticism is seen as passive aggressive then so be it.

• Diddly

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:59 PM

Hopeful mud in ever hopeful. Just can’t understand why yesterday. Why not let it run its course.

• babeandbp

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Just remember this. If the FCB is still there and you turn up at Gallowgate on August 11th (and thereafter until he f***s off) you deserve everything you get!

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Mund said yesterday his source is a family relative that works closely with Ashley.

Since Ashley’s circle is small, it can only a few people. Those same people are guilty of damaging the club with Ashley.

If his family relative is not part of the circle then frankly he’s not going to know anything. Especially so when mund said it’s all quite secretive about meeting Rafa.

Simple as that really. Either mund is talking rubbish or who ever has told him this is talking rubbish and he’s now passing it to us.

Non story. Passing it around on here doesn’t do any good to anyone.

• count

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:03 PM

Good one crawfordm. Part of me wishes I hadn’t already cancelled sky just so I could do it again!

Droppy, for yesterday, no hard feelings marra.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:07 PM

You think Ashley is going to allow an official statement that Rafa is and will no longer be manager to go and hire him again? Notoriously stubborn Ashley is really going to allow it look like he’s gone to Rafa with his tail between his legs. Ay, that Mike Ashley.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:09 PM

Tony, I have a bee in my bonnet about people attacking posters who pass on info. My response was not aimed at any comment in particular, but just my impression (wicket, yes!) of the flavour of posts aimed Mund’s way.

• Pain in the Blog

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:10 PM

Bills Son #8, Chancel #36,

I am with you both on your last posts . I continue to believe that the club will be sold in the very near future – hopefully to BZG. I don’t think it will happen on 01 July but likely before August. We may hear nothing in that time as a result of NDAs and we may lose out on any transfers in or out in this window but even that would be worth it to get rid of Ashley.

As regards the manager, I think someone in the club will take us through the China trip until the takeover. I then believe – if BZG buy us – that we will get José or Laurent le Blanc or, possibly, Rafa. I like the idea of the new owners testing the waters with the fans as regards replacing Rafa with their own man. I don’t know if the reaction has been severe enough to put them off. How many fans would react with hostility if a BZG-le Blanc package were to be announced?

I’m still lined up with the glass half-full posters.

• hibbit

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:12 PM

not a hope in hell of Rafa resigning for Ashley, and there’s even less hope of Ashley asking him 😉

• Jib

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:15 PM

Daft rumour from a Scouser I met earlier
    Klopp to Barcelona – Rafa back to Anfield

• ctommo

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:17 PM

Jib, I read the same yesterday. A mate sent me a screenshot of Jim White’s twitter or instasomething

• count

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:18 PM

Pain in the blog, I think you are getting Laurent Blanc and Matt Leblanc off friends mixed up.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:20 PM

These stories always crop up – a man down the pub said this, my brother in law told me he works with someone at… They NEVER pan out. Yes, I am new to this blog but unsubstantiated rumours always set off alarm bells and I think we are better questioning them than blindly accepting them because of some sort of misguided blog etiquette.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Aussies doing their best to waste their start.

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:24 PM

Pain “we may lose out on any transfers in or out in this window but even that would be worth it to get rid of Ashley”

Absolutely. I could handle no signings in this window if we were able to hold on to the majority of the quality from last season’s squad and avoid the likes of Pardew and Pulis as managers as long as that meant that we had new owners who could and would invest in January and in future seasons.

I think we as a group of fans have seen so much cr@p over the years that we could handle a bit more disappointment as long as we knew that the promised land was just over the next horizon.

I don’t think it will turn out that way, honestly. Ashley is now backed into a corner, whether he likes it or not. He has to either sell or invest, one or the other, or his club is going down the plughole and he won’t be able to rely on us to pull it out. Not this time.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:24 PM

Ronaldo, If it’s true then it brings hope that Rafa might still sign. If Ashley isn’t selling and wants Rafa to sign (on as near to Ashley’s terms as possible), then the tugging at Rafa’s heart strings, yesterday’s response would bring combined with the shock, may have been designed to bring Rafa back to the table to see if a small compromise might do the trick.
    If the choice is Ashley and Sherwood, or Ashley and Rafa, I’m all for the latter. Even under Ashley, Rafa will take us slowly forward, but sadly (wicket!) Rafa won’t get his successful project.
    under Ashley.

• lochinvar

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:27 PM

Rafa isn’t bound by any NDA because he’s not finically settled anything because there’s not been any legal dispute to resolve.

However he’s still under contract to NUFC so can’t say anything due to that as he would be in breach of some part of his contract which would leave him vulnerable to legal action by Ashley’s vultures.

He’s not even on gardening leave.

All that’s happened is that Ashley’s cohorts have issued a statement saying no deal agreed for post 1st July.

We’ll have to wait at least until then for Rafa to say something although being a class act he may choose not to until his book is out on time for Christmas.
    Wonder what it’s title will be.

Gone with the fiend ?
    Escape from Shireditz ?

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:31 PM

Count

Absolutely no hard feelings mate.

We were all a bit raw yesterday.

For what it’s worth my Sky sports is through Virgin so I’m helping Southampton the most lol

• lesh

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:36 PM

Tony Baloney

You just don’t get it do you. The so called ‘misguided blog etiquette’ as you call it was here long before you. Show some respect stop acting like Trump.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Close though

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:56 PM

Something that has not been mentioned I believe; what if Rafa has been in contact with BZG and they have agreed to put pressure on Ashley to sell up, hence Rafa not signing an agreement with the SLUG?

Does the SLUG believe the Toon Army are going to be happy with his antics? No, he is not stupid and knows there will be protests and a season of vitriol aimed at him.

The Slug may initially have thought a PR exercise conducted by his pals in the press might quell the tide of rage but I think even he knows this time he has reached the limit and can no longer exploit our club.

• Moonraker15

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:09 PM

With great respect, I wouldn’t take too much notice of Mund’s posts !

• GoalsBringSmiles

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:44 PM

I remember a time (2011-13) when I used to comment on this blog and consistently, justifiably called for mass protests against Ashley. A leopard doesn’t change its spots I said. He’s only interested in milking our cash, I said. At that time Ed implicitly supported Ashley by never writing articles which criticized him. Everyday commenters such as Ibiza and WWBRD, Rotonda, and many more, implicitly supported Ashley by remaining stoically impartial/apathetic. People like Bill’s Son, G and davytoon69 (or something similar) explicitly and constantly supported and praised Ashley with absolutely no justification aside from a seemingly blind, nonsensical trust in his benevolence. To most commenters back then I was in the minority of ‘neggers’ because I pointed out the things he has done to damage our club even back then. A negger because I encouraged protest and boycotts against a man with zero footballing ambition as proven by his actions even then. But most didn’t want to accept the facts of Mr Cash. It was always about how he’d come clean in the next transfer window and demonstrate his true ambition. Well, that never happened. I said many times that I’d be quick to forgive if he repaired the damage he’d done and began investing in the club to at the very least propel us to a level above dismally surviving each season. I said I’d hold my hands up if I was wrong about him and his 5 year plan didn’t, after all, turn out to be yet more fan-appeasing tripe. I wonder if Bill’s Son has returned to admit he was wrong or to take up a new position of condescension upon the new generation of commenters on this blog? I wonder if those who blindly or wilfully supported Ashley financially are ready to say enough is enough yet?

• captainmarvel

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:36 PM

Did Ashley try and get KK to change his mind about leaving after he walked out? I seem to remember they met in a Hotel in Manchester but Kev turned him down flat?

• captainmarvel

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:45 PM

When Ashley came most were hopeful as he was a Billionaiire but there were a few who knew about Shirebrook and we’re not convinced. We all know now Ashley is into even more pies especially in the high street which seems to have made even worse than before things do not look good.
    For me claiming this that and another is irrellevant, what is more important is that the fans stick together, United…

• Bladey

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Stop whinging and take what you derseve
    A shit amatuer club shit owners soon to be shit manager mediocre shit plays and last but this Time least
    P@@@ poor ZOMBIE kiss arse Ashley fans who do f@@@ all
    I’m so pleased it’s come to this for you arse wipes along with ASH you have destroyed this club as you keep on attending sit there keep your trap shut and hope for the best
    Your pathetic f@@@ off to Gateshead
    RAFA IN ASH OUT SHIT FANS OUT

• 9

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM

/Bladey, you’re such a sweet man