web analytics

Craig Hope – Sean Dyche and Mikel Arteta Are Being Considered For Newcastle Job

Craig Hope has written for the Daily Mail that both Burnley manager Sean Dyche and Manchester City assistant manager Mikel Arteta are being considered as Rafa Benitez’s successor.

While Mikel Arteta has yet to be tested as a manger, he has been an assistant to Pep Guardiola since 2016 alongside Brian Kidd (who I met through my father in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida as a child in 1983).

Sean Dyche has, of course, done extremely well at Burnley where he was appointed manager in 2012. He previously had managed Watford for a brief period before being let go by a new owner.

Sean Dyche– prior to Rafa, we would have welcomed him with open arms

While Sean Dyche has done notably well at Burnley, keeping them in the Premier League and even achieving a seventh place finish in 2018, we just aren’t as excited about him as we would have been in the time before Rafa.

This is the problem that will face Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley, and any new manager that is appointed. When compared to Rafa Benitez, you can’t help but contort one side of your face into the universal look of apprehension. It’s the law of physics.

To be fair, we have always respected Sean. He has done well with limited resources at Burnley where he has a 38% win percentage over 306 matches between the Premier League and the Championship.

Mikel Arteta– could be good but who knows?

Mikel Arteta is an interesting candidate in that you don’t really know what you are getting. He could become very successful as he has been an apprentice under world class manager Pep Guardiola.

Or he could be John Carver who despite being an assistant to Bobby Robson, we still somehow managed to produce the tail end of 2015. You just never know.

Though, Vincent Kompany seems to think that Arteta is made of the right stuff to succeed Pep at Manchester City. This is what he said when taking the helm at Anderlecht and asked if he could ever manage Manchester City:

“Let me start with this. Let City be City under Pep, which is an awesome club.

“And behind Pep there is Mikel Arteta, who has a lot of knowledge and is the right man to look at.”

At this point, we are still pining for Rafa Benitez. Anyone else is just not to our liking.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:59 AM

Toonboi, look up and right, click on where it says Howdy, Toonboi; scroll down to where it says “nickname” and put your new name in there.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:59 AM

That post from goals bring smiles was one of the best I’ve read in a long time and makes the reading of yesterday’s posts worthwhile. Despite what the regular poster and duplicitous coward Joe Sophistication says Bill’s son was never chased from the blog at all, Ashley became indefensible and Bill’s son couldn’t take it. We last saw Bill’s when Rafa arrived and he tried to ram it down our throats, all that said a top manager wouldn’t work for Ashley, he disappeared as soon as it became apparent that Ashley was doing his best to shaft him. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Bill’s has reappeared when a sale to wealthy Arabs seemed on the cards, no doubt to ram it down our throats that at least, unlike SJH Ashley didn’t sell us to someone like…..Ashley. It’s not about igniting old arguments, the way Bill’s defendied everything Ashley done deserves at the very least an explanation if an apology really is too much.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:59 AM

Jail, same number and picture that I’ve had for him for nearly a year, since way before this came about, and it looks like he’s had the same number since at least 2013 (the date of his last update).

Whether it’s spoofed or not is another matter, we all know it can be done.

When I see a contact I don’t know pop up, I usually block them.

All very strange and I’m not convinced about the WhatsApp messages cos they’re easy to spoof. I do hope they’re true but I’m on the fake news side.

• Toonboi4EVA

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:01 AM

Cheers Chancel

• Diddly

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:02 AM

This whatsapp stuff is embarrassing. Bloke probably thinks we’re all weird. If it’s him.

• Dubs Left Glove

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:02 AM

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:05 AM

DubaiMicky,
    Do you think that one you saw three weeks ago might have been spoofed?

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:07 AM

Even I’m skeptical about the whole WhatsApp thing!
    The only way it could be him is if he’s intentionally spelled things wrong so he can claim later that “clearly it must be spoofed, I have a degree and this guy can’t even spell!!”

• ctommo

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:10 AM

Don’t You go being skeptical Captain positivity. We are all feeding off you

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:12 AM

hahaha is there any fellow fat fingerd phone person that’s never made a spelling mistake while typing a reply on their phone.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:14 AM

spelling is surely way down on the list of doubts. See what I did there. Genuinely misspelt fingered there lol

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:14 AM

ctommo,
    Honestly?

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:17 AM

Jail, I for one find the Captain’s post a refreshing change from the norm. Positive and humourous, what’s not to like.

• Mund

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:19 AM

Chancel

Do you really think he would just keep answering these calls and txts from any Tom Dick and Harry?

Imagine the sheer amount of calls and texts he would of received over the last few days. If it is him pure legend for answering and replying to the fans but I seriously have my doubts.

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:20 AM

It’s him on WhatsApp. Voice is same also.

• Muz

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:20 AM

The only way Sean Dyche would get the job was if Ashley intended to nuke the deal with BZG from orbit. No potential owner would want someone like that installed at the club they were buying; they’d have to buy out a contract to fire him if they had any ambition. This would be like buying a house that had a fine porcelain bathroom set and then discovering it had to be ripped out and replaced with an Armitage Shanks.

12 years today fat lad acquired 100% ownership of the club. Wish he’d just foop off now. Still think the takeover is on, or at least there’s a party willing to buy and pay his asking price. Just gotta keep hoping it happens soon!

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:22 AM

Morning all,
    That is defo him on the whats app. Bambams link is different conversation to the one I shared last night but the same reply from Midhat.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:24 AM

chancel be a fine thing,
    Each to their own I suppose.

• Toonboi4EVA

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Pretty sure your wrong there mund with the last bit, wasn’t it july for 100% acc?

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:27 AM

I know this is probably absolutely nothing and “Breaking news Man drives to work”.
    But I live near the training ground (clue is in my blog name). 2 or 3 times a week when I am driving to work the amount of traffic heading passed the racecourse to the (sandy lane) A1 I see some of the players heading the opposite direction to me going to the training ground.
    Today’s commute I saw Paul Dummet heading that way. Very distinctive with his hair and his bright purple range rover and number plate that reads ” 3 PD”. Haven’t seen any since the end of the season.
    When are the players due back for training?

• Mund

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Toonboi

What was I wrong on?

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Mund, Have you looked at the various screenshots? Best to explore all the evidence and then decide. Personally I don’t know whether it’s genuine or not, but I have looked at the screen shot of him in the ‘facetime’ videocall and compared it to googled images of him, and it looks like him. Maybe this can be faked, I don’t know.

• Toonboi4EVA

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Mund: 12 years today fat lad had 100% ownership…. I’m pretty sure it was July time he owned us outright. Not before.

Only reason I’m questioning is, with regards to the takeover that some, including me, are clinging to the small hope he might leave on the same date 12 years later. (Something to do with account dates)

• Mund

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Chancel

Aye it could be him mate and I hope it is just been burnt to many times now to believe in anything.

If it’s is him I’m intrigued about what he means in a different manner when asked about still taking over Newcastle

• ctommo

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:36 AM

Someone round here has to stay positive Jail.. . . Ok so I exaggerated a bit with us all feeding off him

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Foggy, I thought they weren’t due back until 4th July. Makes you wonder what can bring them in sooner. Fitness / gym work for a few of them maybe?

😐

• Mund

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Toonboi

You and me both matey. Until I hear the takeover is off or see Steve Bruce signed on a 3 year contract I’ll keep on having that glimmer of hope that we all get our wish.

I just want to get past the 30th see were we are at. I say this date because hopefully we might hear something from Benítez thanking the fans etc etc I say hopefully but in fairness it would probs be best to not hear anything to keep that hope alive something is happening

• Muz

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Nope he aquired the 90% of the shares which meant that he effectively owned 100% of the club because he could make a compulsory purchase of the remaining 10%. He effectively had full control of the club 12 years ago today. He appointed Chris Mort to the board 12 years ago today upon hitting this magic number.

• Diddly

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Get to 30th mind without hearing anything will do me. Most of gossip will just be journo stabbing in dark for a manager guess

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:42 AM

Indeed Jail, Like they say: “misery loves company” and there is certainly plenty of doom and gloom on the blog. Call me old fasioned, but I enjoy the feeling of joy, I also ‘enjoy’ reading the blog, but it can sometimes be a challenge to do this and maintain a momentum of positivity. Hence the Captains posts bring a smile to face and remind me to get back on the happy wagon.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:42 AM

How come it’s easy to get Midhats WhatsApp number?

Some ought to turn their attention to getting the fat ones number and bombard him with shite all night and day and all his cronies!

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:45 AM

Rob
    You are probably right with the gym work etc.
    It did make me wonder though and thought I would share.

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:46 AM

I did wonder if Captain Amerimag was a spoof account invented by a certain specific regular poster who likes their satire. Then that poster addressed him (her?) directly yesterday, so I don’t think that’s the case anymore.

I find his posts amusing but don’t attach any seriousness to them. He’s more optimistic than me!
    🙂

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:47 AM

Aye, Foggy, worth sharing. Might not be gym work, after all.

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:50 AM

The boycott movement is gaining momentum.

I see carltoon saying yesterday that she was planning to boycott the Arsenal match.

• stan anderson

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:52 AM

We are NUFC.an

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:53 AM

Is Penfold at the training ground? Maybe Dummett’s gonna be our new player manager.

• stan anderson

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:54 AM

And its business as usual meant to say.
    ASHLIE OOT .

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:55 AM

And, yes – I support this boycott, should the sale not go through. I used to say that supporting the team was more immediately urgent, avoiding relegation was more important.

Without Rafa, the team is no longer worth supporting and there are far bigger disasters being inflicted on our club RIGHT NOW than a potential future relegation.

I will fully support any fan who chooses to continue attending matches, however. It is, after all, a free country and a very emotional subject.