web analytics

Newcastle Reported To Have Made Offer For Serbian Midfielder

Last week, we reported on news from Portuguese outlet O Jogo that Newcastle were after Serbian midfielder Nemanja Gudelj.

This week O Jogo as well as another Portuguese outlet Jornal de Notícias, are reported that Newcastle are still very much in the hunt for the midfielder.

The Guangzhou Evergrande midfielder spent last season on loan at Sporting Lisbon and would prefer to stay at the Portuguese club.

However, Sporting are unable to even come close to his massive wages and he would likely have to take a two-thirds pay cut to stay there.

He seems resigned to the idea that he will not return to Sporting as he left this message on his Instagram widely interpreted by their fanbase as a farewell:

A month ago … A day that will stay forever in my memory. Thank you, Sporting. Thank you, teammates. Thank you, staff and thank you to all sportinguists for this fantastic day.

The post was in reference to the Portuguese Cup win by Sporting but the comments from the fans were all goodbyes.

Nemanja Gudelj– future destination is in doubt

The report says that Newcastle have made a good offer on personal terms with the player at about £50K/week. Which is a signicant decrease as his wages at the Chinese club have been widely reported to be £85K/week.

It also states that three other teams have made the same offer for Gudelj – Real Betis, Fenerbahce, and Galatasaray.

Gudelj’s bloated contract with Guangzhou Evergrande will expire this December so he will not cost much in terms of a transfer fee. There is also talk of clubs waiting to get him on a free in January.

The player reportedly does not want to return to the Chinese club and is hoping to be released from his contract this summer.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:57 PM

Ah well – humour is sometime a great healer…….. put a bid in lolololololol

• Slatymag

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:58 PM

I had one foot on the bus.

Repost, sorry.

I think it’s only a matter of time before his accomplices have had enough of him. Let’s face it, who wants to be in bed with that. It seems many people have the same opinion that he is a thoroughly odious character (no arguments on here, apart from a few “normal fans”). He’s probably seriously disliked by those close to him.

Six doctors tell you you’re sick – lie down.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:00 PM

Droppy mate, I think you might have misunderstood what I said earlier or maybe I didn’t make myself clear. I think Ashley knew exactly what he was getting into with NUFC and the stories of him being duped are total fabrication and he has been spreading the same lies for 12 years. He had just sold 49% of Sports Direct for 1 billion and wanted to advertise his tat to the world and NUFC seemed like the perfect vehicle and where he could have some fun. He started out like that but he soon found out that unlike his shytey company there are a lot of eyes and ears around NUFC and his every move would be scrutinized. Now he runs us like the Kremlin.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:06 PM

Tony

I got what you meant but some don’t attempt to make that connection they just decide if you don’t agree word for word you’re the enemy.

It’s old news anyway and suddenly the screw is turning on the fat oaf from many angles.

As I said I don’t believe for one second you are on his side in any way, you just try to be very reasoned and some people don’t see that.

Oh and the new avatar I have, more upbeat than the graves?

• WLtoon

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:06 PM

Is there any point in this Headline? We are not in a position to buy anyone without any leadership ffs

• Tony Baloney

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:09 PM

Droppy: more upbeat, yes. I cant really see what it is and it wont enlarge on my PC.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:12 PM

Tony

It’s a photo from my honeymoon it’s taken directly underneath the Eiffel Tower. Was going to put a picture of my dog up but he’s already semi famous where I live everyone knows and loves him.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:13 PM

I’m still in a state of shock over this new mess. If you can’t get Rafa to sign a new contract Ashley you at least show him respect for the incredible work he has done by letting his contract completely expire and then you say many thank you sincerely to him. You don’t disrespect him by dumping him in the press. Total crass behaviour but totally expected from this boor.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Every manager available will be watching this behaviour by Ashley. Only the most desperate of them would accept a contract with him. Is that what we want? No, of course not but it’s exactly what Ashley wants. Anybody will do until I can get what I want for the club. Up yours Ashley.

• The mighty wyn

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Just catching up with the blog after a really bad day. Had to have my little dog put to sleep. Age and illness finally caught up.
    After the last couple of days wish I could do the same to lardarse. I would even pay.
    However good to see the papers finally having a go. Surely he must have told them to rush thru this takeover now

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:18 PM

The mighty Wyn

Sorry to hear that mate, truly horrible experience.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:24 PM

If Rafa does go to China I hope that his new club adapt Huawei The Lads.

In all seriousness though, I’ve had a feeling for some time that Rafa was holding out for the sale, and still is and that’s why we have this long laboured silence… I could be wrong, whilst he is unattached I still hold hope that the potential new owners have him in reserve knowing he will tip the scales in the dark arts of a battle of brinkmanship between ruthless businessmen, I will continue to have this hope until Rafa signs for another cloob (as the great man would say) 🙂 there has to be something in this, joselu deal being held up (that’s a biggy if everything would stall asset wise during the transaction) and no players revolting yet… I believe and hope this is at end game here and the Rafa as manager sways it…

• Sheikh Rafa

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:27 PM

The mighty Wyn

Really sorry to hear about your dog.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:27 PM

A tough time for you mighty Wyn. We had to have our cat put down before she was even 5 years old from cancer. It really takes it out of you. All the best.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:27 PM

Wyn,

Very sorry to hear that. Horrible experience. Will you get another one?

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:29 PM

How the hell can the Joselu sale delay be good for anyone – if the new owners want to hold onto him then they know less that LardArse

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:29 PM

Wyn – had the same last year – heart goes out to ya mate

• magfry

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:30 PM

Hi fellow mags. check out my new website https://sport.lol/

• magscar

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Tsunki

It’s there I know because I put it in 🙂

Think of it like an Easter Egg in the old computer games and even DVD’s as I recall, great satisfaction when you find it even if tinged with maybe ” is that it”? just remember it’s the taking part …….

• FloridaToon

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM

Took 2 days to catch up but finally did it. People already saying their ok with this manager or that manager….really? Cant say I am completely shocked as in January once Almiron was bought you would have though MA was the greatest owner ever. So lets just toss Rafa aside because his futbol wasn’t the easiest on the eye, too defensive, wrong players. Everyone needs to give their head a shake and quit drinking the MA nonsense.
    Reading all this stuff about Rafa wanted this and that…..but not seeing the real question being asked. Why only a 1 year contract? Anyone? IMO, MA doesn’t want to sell to BZG because they will not let MA keep his grubby little hands in anything. MA wants Kenyon to buy but Kenyon doesn’t have the cash so MA signs Rafa to 1 year, strings BZG along until they back out and he labels them as “tire kickers” just like Stavely and buys enough time for his buddy to buy NUFC where he can keep SD all over the club.

• The mighty wyn

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM

Cheers lads that’s actually brightened me up a bit. Probably get another one at some stage but not rushing into it.
    Anyway back to the business in hand. Do we think lardy has bitten off more than he thought this time. Can’t believe he didn’t think he would get flak. I think maybe him asking where the takeovers at is actually him saying hurry up and get it done

• Tsunki

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Where’s Wally? 🙂

• The mighty wyn

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Anybody think the bzg guy was maybe dropping a clue that they were going to finance Kenyon instead so it goes thru

• FloridaToon

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:37 PM

And just by coincidence today MA is wanting to know where the takeover stands. Get that PR rolling, he is already positioning himself to blame BZG group….you cant make this stuff up.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Blacknwhite,

The deal is good to go… but hopefully one of the business acumen guys can confirm this… cannot go ahead whilst the club is presale, surely the assets freeze until the contracts are completed pending the deal.

Alaves have as much as confirmed it I believe

• stan anderson

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:40 PM

I like Brian Reade in the Mirror.
    He has his opinions which are close to mine about all matters.
    Republican hates tories and super rich Sir ? Philip Green so probably hates ASHLIE as well.
    He is a Scouser by the way so that might not sit well with some on here.Me i think they are the same as us but have a better Football team,just one mind.
    ASHLIE OOT

• Tsunki

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Trouble is I really can’t be bothered with banter even atm I’m really disappointed in the obviousness of Mike’s performance. Just shows what utter contempt he has for fans, he’s absolutely certain this will just blow over, normal service, 52k clapping and groaning at matches before you know it a couple of decent wins etc all forgotten. Like the ground renaming. Like machining KK’s exit then lying about it and getting a court verdict against him. Like years of free invaluable TV advertising for his main business. Like skimming millions of revenue while still making the club unsaleable due to an engineered “loan”. Like sailing do close to the edge with player budgets we get relegayed. Twice. Like promising we will win something then getting rid of a top class manager who asks him for the resources to do it.

Slap slap slap take another one Geordie now turn round and present your butt so I can get a good swing at it with my boot, now empty your pockets that’s right sonny tip out those coins. Yeah we love it don’t we?

• bettyswallocks

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:43 PM

The mighty Wyn…….. You could very well be on to something there. Kenyon and The Arabs together makes a lot of sense.

• Tsunki

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:44 PM

#letsgetfatmanoot.

• Tsunki

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:45 PM

I think I saw Kenyon and the Arabs at the DeMontfort when they were backing oh no can’t be bothered really can’t….

• WLtoon

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:47 PM

Ashley has said nowt about the takeover for weeks then suddenly wants to know how it is progressing. very fishy indeed. Its not happening in other words.

• The mighty wyn

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:48 PM

I did have a little chuckle thee tsunki. Just thought the way he said it’s happening a different way ( if it was pukka) I wondered if that might be a way round lardy trying to screw it up

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:52 PM

Mighty Wyn

That would be absolutely brilliant.

Hey Pete we will put the money up for you.

Guys that’s great where do I sign

6 months later…..

Bye Pete.

• Dubs Left Glove

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:54 PM

Anyone follow Dan Snowden on twitter? Seems pretty switched on and ruined Mark Douglas today.

• bettyswallocks

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:58 PM

Howay now boys let’s remain positive until it’s officially not going to happen. Kenyon would indeed be a great man to have at the club with his experience . Backed by Arab money would give him a chance to organise the club better than it’s ever been organised in it’s history.

• magfry

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Ashley will never sell!
    You couldnt write this stuff. What is the end game here with this scumbag.

• ToonRich

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:00 PM

I wonder how the FA/PL would act if Ashley can’t replace Rafa?!

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Let’s keep our fingers crossed but I’m not willing to be taken in by a bunch of rumours in the rags. It has to be definitive. A new owner standing there with the club scarf raised over his head and complete FA approval.

• Moonraker15

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Wyn
    Sort go hear about your dog! Don’t know how we’d deal with it we lost our little’un !

• FloridaToon

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:01 PM

ToonRich

Dual roles for Charnley??