web analytics

Mike Ashley Needs To Be Driven Out Of This Club

The top outlets are usually filled with headlines only about Manchester City, Chelsea, or Arsenal etc. Sometimes it feels like the Premier League consists of only six bloody teams.

However, Brian Reade in the Mirror had a magnificent article on Wednesday that was pitch perfect in describing Mike Ashley’s ru(i)nning of Newcastle United.

There needs to be more of this. And it should be continuous and unrelenting. It should mirror Mike Ashley’s disdain for the supporters of this club and be as brutal as possible. And it would be the truth.

Here is an excerpt from Brian Reade’s article:

Yet in the 12 years since Ashley picked up Newcastle for £135million, on a whim, he has messed with their heads on such an illogical, unparalleled scale that a psychiatrist would surely conclude he gets off on it.

He sacked well-loved managers Kevin Keegan, Alan Shearer and Chris Hughton, and imposed Joe Kinnear, Dennis Wise and John Carver on them.

He renamed their hallowed ground after his sports-gear firm and sold their iconic shirts to Wonga.

He wrote off all cup competitions, gave Alan Pardew an eight-year contract and has just priced the new replica home shirt at £65, making it the most expensive in English football.

We find Brian to be spot on in this and his article reads as if was written by a Newcastle supporter.

We could add to Brian’s list but the examples would be endless. However, two come to mind that are perfect representations of how to peg Mike Ashley. They are the sale of Andy Carroll and his disgraceful treatment of Jonas Gutierrez while he was stricken with cancer.

While the sale of Andy Carroll is not in itself devious. His assertions that the money was already spent the next summer was. There was no evidence of the Andy Carroll money being invested in the club.

These two incidents are all you need to know about Mike Ashley. They are two examples that deal with two distinct aspects of his character – greed and lack of empathy – that boil down to one glaring discovery.

Mike Ashley is a sociopath. He does not care about people at all. He cares about himself and his money. That is it. This needs to be exposed. Mike Ashley cannot continue to run this club. He is unfit as an owner and a representative of Newcastle United. The Premier League, the FA, and the media need to act accordingly.

Brian continues in his article:

And through all those bizarre decisions, he imposed a Stalinist black-out on all information about the goings-on at St James’ Park.

It’s seemed deliberately vindictive.

As Keegan revealed last year, he was hurt at being “treated like dirt” by Ashley and his henchmen, and was appalled at their “disregard for people”.

The media need to do more of this but they have yet to act in accordance with Ashley’s depravity.

This is an environment where #Glazersout is trending in the UK while Manchester United are about to seal a £50M on Aaron Wan-Bissaka, a genius of a player.

Why is Ashley Out not everywhere? His discretions are deliberate and depraved.

Mike Ashley’s treatment of Newcastle United fans needs to be exposed. And it must be continuous and unrelenting!

• one fine day

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:28 AM

FLORIDA TOON #73
    do it i say .
    I emailed the club yesterday and got the generated we will get back to you email.
    I posted the full transcript here yesterday but on which thread i have no idea
    be as much of a pain as you can i say

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:28 AM

Yes, once you put it on the internet it is there forever.

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:29 AM

Newark. Last time I was there was 15 years ago and they were renovating it. Air conditioning went out for the whole airport on a 90 degree day.

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:30 AM

Since its just a few of us. Whats everyone think about why MA only offered Rafa a 1 year contract.

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:31 AM

I doubt anybody would take threats of leaving rotting fish at Sports Direct stores seriously.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:31 AM

OFD @78

That really did make me LOL, absolute class 😀

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:32 AM

I think the Frog might be right and he never wanted to sell in the first place and was sick of Rafa and wants another yes man.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:32 AM

Florida,

Did he? There so many stories going round it’s difficult to know what’s true.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:34 AM

Actullay tony,

I’ll be over your way on Friday night – flying from Chicago to London

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:34 AM

Your right, I guess i should clarify…..all the papers are saying that.

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:34 AM

One Fine Day: with Ed and Neil firing off articles a mile a minute it is hard to keep track now. Ed has 4 ready before I even wake up.

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:35 AM

O’Hare is much better now. I used to hate it. I still hate Heathrow.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:37 AM

Really? Heathrow used to be horrible…but T5 is really nice

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:39 AM

Florida,

In that case I’m not sure why only a 1yr contract, that doesn’t tally with what has been said in the past.

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:41 AM

I didn’t even know Altidore was still playing. Didn’t he play for Sunderland and score like 1 goal in 50 appearances?

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:43 AM

NY Mag: it is more the crowds at Heathrow. It is not really big enough for all of the traffic.

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:49 AM

You know, people talk on here like they know what is going on at NUFC. Nobody knows what is going on. Fatty is harder to read than a 3 card monty dealer. I have to admit I have no clue if we will be sold, who our manager will be, which players we will retain and who we will buy. I have never been as confused about NUFC in my entire life.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:51 AM

Tony,

Fair comment, it is a busy place.

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:57 AM

Trying to stay optimistic myself. Getting harder by the day. MA’s track record doesn’t help it.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:04 AM

Florida,

Yes, of course it’s getting harder – but there’s been no refute of the BZG claims so far, im still clinging on to that. However thin it maybe 🙂

• willowdalerez

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:05 AM

If I had the spare change I put a £100 on next mgr being Keane… loud, mouthy and brought up Sunderland, just Ashley’s type I can see them arm in arm puking into a pub fireplace now ;-(

Sad thing is I think our best hope (apart from a takeover obviously) is Moyes who has the distinct taint of having taken Sunderland down… Fact is though he was a good manager that Manure didn’t let grow into the role (his record when they let him go was bang on average just the fans and ownership had grown too high and mighty for all that) but where did letting him go get them, nowhere, last season they were last of the top 6 and 4 points out of 5th spot. At Sunderland Ellis gave him sh*t to field much poorer than our current squad and he must be hungry for a look in at the Prem again. If he could pull a Rafa and steady us as a midtable team his career would revive and he’d be scouted by a top 6 team in no time. Leaving us searching for another mgr with the sole goal of keeping us up ;-(

It is what it is I’ll cross my fingers and hope Ashley gets the offer he wants to sell and bugger off for good.

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:09 AM

NY
    I believe the bid is real….I have no faith in MA. Can see him moving the goalposts until BZG lose interest or give up.

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:11 AM

Willow
    Not a shot at you, but hearing those names after having Rafa make me want to puke.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:14 AM

Got to go to bed. This getting up at 4am to watch cricket is killing me. But there are always 4 new articles from Ed waiting for me at that time !!!! He must get up, fire a bunch off and then go back to bed.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:15 AM

Willow,

You think someone as opinionated as Keene would work for someone who hates opinions like Ashley?
    Not gonna happen (and if it does, it’ll be an absolute disaster)

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:16 AM

I want Roy Keane nowhere near my club. I like what he says as a pundit but the hard man act wears a bit thin at his age.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:21 AM

If the US go through they could play Curacao. I have been to that island. There are about 5 people on it that are not waiters or tourists. I can’t believe they have a team.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:24 AM

Florida,

I also believe the bid is real, forget about the Twitter rants or the stories in the press.
    What is real is that monochrome aquisitions has been setup. That in itself is not believable, but what is believable is that they were setup with pinsent masons behind them – these guys don’t piss about, and they have a reputation to keep, that’s what keeps me going…..

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:25 AM

Keane pulled the hard man act only last year when with Ireland. I can’t remember the player but read about it and Keane was effing and blinding and the player called his bluff asking him what he was going to do, old man. Supposedly Keane walked away.

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:27 AM

NY
    So any idea what might be holding it up? With this big of a deal, I can’t believe BZG wouldn’t know when they were in the fit and proper test…..that statement was what, 3 weeks ago?

• lesh

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:30 AM

Let’s give Ashley the benefit of the doubt and suggest it’s been Barnes that’s jumped the gun and called time on Rafa and as a result landed Ashley in the chit. The result? Ashley’s lost the man that could have managed a Prem season and put at real risk the club’s status and a potential sale at £350m.

He’s faced with losing key players and another relegation with the resultant need of another bail out – money he won’t want to lay out.

So, what does he do? Take that risk or get BZG to the table and cut a deal that’ll give him his £350m?

Could Rafa’s departure have been the other way of approaching the takeover that Midhat referred to? Ashley won’t want to be left with a failed asset so maybe he’ll have little choice but to sell, quickly before things get worse.

Maybe June 30 or soon after might be when we see the back of Ashley?

Maybe June

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:32 AM

Florida,

There’s absolutely no point in me speculating, because I have no idea.
    I’m not ITK on such things, but these things take time.

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:33 AM

Lesh
    Just to play devil’s advocate a bit…..BZG have been at the table……why slow down the deal if in fact MA was/is slowing it down.

• willowdalerez

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:35 AM

I want Keane nowhere near the Toon either but yes I can see Ashley hiring him… How long did he let Beardsley hang around in the academy despite all the terrible press? All Ashley will care about is that he will come cheap on the promise of a nice little bonus if the team stays up, has proven he can hang around and take a team up out of the Championship if we drop and won’t give an expletive what the fans think of him.

• FloridaToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:35 AM

Come on NY you must at least have a guess, just interested in others opinion.

• NY Mag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:50 AM

Florida,

As you’ve probably realized, I’m a glass overflowing guy.
    I’ll believe the takeover talk until it’s dead in the water.

We’ve never won anything in my lifetime (although we came mighltily close with KK).
    It was brilliant and I wish for those days again…….I don’t believe it will happen with Ashley as our custodian, but that’s all he is.
    The club is far more than the owner…..or the manager…or the players

They will all come and go…..the club will go on

• willowdalerez

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:27 AM

NY Custodians can last a long time and do untold harm… the club will go on but will it ever return to glory? The best potential manager I can come up with off my head to replace Rafa is Moyes… a man who got Sunderland relegated it is that dire! Call me a glass empty, I’m thirsty and walking in a desert and Ashley’s takeover talk is like that oasis up ahead… likely a mirage but I’ve nowhere else to go ;-(

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:11 AM

Alls well
    Quite soon parliament are going to help us rid ourselves of the parasite
    And at he same time hoy the guy in prison hopefully

Its going to be MAs fault

😉

• willowdalerez

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:28 AM

Toon22 Bless you if you think parliament is in the business of ousting parasites 😉