web analytics

Newcastle Reportedly Have Had Bid For Rondon Rejected

There is a report in Medio Tempo that Newcastle have had a bid of £9.4M for West Brom striker Salomon Rondon rejected recently. It does not give a date or time frame of when this bid was made but it does not appear to have been this week.

There were recent comments reported this past Tuesday by West Brom’s Technical Director Luke Dowling about how he believed Newcastle were still interested in Rondon despite Rafa Benitez leaving the club.

These were Dowling’s comments at the time:

“We’re quite happy to say that we will sell Salomon. We don’t want a player that’s had a season like that staying around with us and walking away on a Bosman.

“Salomon has had the taste of Newcastle.

“He went back to a Premier League club and if he plays in England that’s where he wants to be.

“As we understand it Newcastle still have an interest in him.”

We’re not sure if these comments had anything to do with the alleged bid but they are very interesting.

If these reports are true, and it is a big if, then it is very interesting to see if Newcastle will return with another bid.

With one year left on his contract and him turning 30 in September, this reported bid would be a very fair price for Rondon. We would have to believe that West Brom will have trouble finding any takers for Rondon’s release clause of £16.5M

A recent report in the Express and Star states that Wolves are hesitant to bring in Rondon and would prefer younger options.

If Rondon is still a Baggie as August 8th draws nearer, Newcastle should definitely revisit this option with another bid in the £10M range.

That is of course if this initial bid ever happened.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:17 PM

It’s never MAs fault

😉

• toonluvva

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:18 PM

If there is any truth to this story, who is making the bid.
    Certainly not CharnLie as I suspect he has to ask permission to go to the toilet.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:19 PM

When do you think MA will emerge from his hidey hole ?

LoL

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Probably the same people who have bid for everyone else
    It seems not to be the manager

• #boycott Arsenal

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Nostradamus ” Mike Ashley The Clown “,
    Do you think Perez still deserves to rot in China for having the audacity to suggest a move away from this toxic hole of a Mike Ashley run club.

• thereallowickmag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:27 PM

Jib
    Jun 27, 2019 at 2:20 PM
    thereallowickmag
    a proper fan knows Newcastle council own SJP

Sorry pal. You obviously a far superior, proper fan than me.
    In my 40 years of supporting Newcastle this is the first time I’ve needed to give a sh*t who owns the ground. I’m normally only worried what’s on the pitch.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:27 PM

Just popped in to my local SD for a five minute look, someone must have spilled some kind of dairy product in all the changing rooms the place is stinking 😮

• #boycott Arsenal

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:29 PM

thereallowickmag,
    Jibbers thought that we won the Fairs cup in ’68 and that SBR bought all his players off the shelf, totally unaware of Jenas, Bellamy, Milner and countless others.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:31 PM

JIB

Do you wish were all proper fans like you ?
    You see we all hate your mate Mikey

😉

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:32 PM

#boycot

It’s likely a whole bunch of stops owned by the parasite will be the same soon enough

LoL

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:33 PM

Don’t forget to email your local MP guys , those in the UK

• Pitmatic

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:36 PM

I’ve said many times on here that boycotts/walk-outs will have absolutely no effect on Ashley’s operation. Half the clubs in the Premier League might as well have a boycott on given how many people turn up. It doesn’t seem to bother Sky either.

I have no time whatsoever for the crusties and trustafarians at Extinction Rebellion, but people need to look at their direct action tactics if they want to shift Ashley – a few hundred of them managed to shut down central London for weeks on end. Blocking roads around SJP would see games cancelled if emergency vehicles can’t gain access, as would a few people glueing themselves to turnstiles, goalposts, Jamaal Lascelles etc. It would need some individuals willing to put themselves in the way of the law (as with Extinction Rebellion, who have a special cadre of “arrestibles” – either retired or too wealthy to care), as well as risking lifetime bans, but non-violent action allied to a coherent PR campaign would see magistrates (and future owners) go easy I expect.

Fans need to take back control of their club, even if means dragging it into League One with the Mackems.

• JohnJ

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:37 PM

We won The Fairs Cup in 1969

• Singinginthecorner

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:39 PM

@Toon22 do you honestly think that the polititions are going to do any thing to get rid of ashlie, they cannot even sort Brexit. And you say we are delusional for thinking the takeover is going to happen !!!!!

Ashlie 2 polititions 0 ……..

• Tony Baloney

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:42 PM

I can’t fathom some people on this blog. I was also told yesterday that I shouldn’t be talking managerial options if there is no takeover. Presumably because Rafa’s corpse is not cold yet and there hasn’t been a sufficient period of mourning.

Look, there are 2 options: Ashley stays or Ashley goes. The probable managers are vastly different depending on what happens. I am about 50/50 at the moment on what will happen.

So why not discuss the possible new Managers? The papers have been discussing pie in the sky options like Jose and Wenger FFS. I couldn’t possibly come up with anything more stupid than that.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:44 PM

NEWS ……

Believe me or don’t believe me

I don’t care

Below is 100% true

BZG – didn’t know anything about the 2 week deadline

(They do now)

Can they get the deal done and fully completed in the next two weeks

Does this mean it’s game over / deal off

I will not say where I got this from , but I can 100% guarantee you that it’s true

It’s not second hand info , it’s first hand info

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:44 PM

So no fairytale on June 29th or June 30th / July 1st

But it’s still ongoing

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:46 PM

If the deal goes ahead I will show everyone proof

If the deal fails I will show everyone proof

• Genjikai

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Frank just show the proof now if it doesnt matter if it goes ahead or not

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Point taken MightyWyn I’ll leave the cockney out of all future Ashley slurs.
    Captain AmeriMag’s Positivity Club is an inclusive establishment where all are welcome, no ID required.
    I’m hoping to get more visitors with the introduction of Khaled Karaoke tonight. My first number will be:
    “Silence is Golden,
    But my eyes still see!
    Silence is Golden, Gooolden,
    Save us BZG!!”

• Online Guy

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Jib

There’s a Newcastle United supporters group meet in “The White Swan in Lowick ..not far off the A1 on the road to Berwick ..its a left turn as your travelling North.. it winds round to Ford and Etal

Those Newcastle fans used to meet every Wednesday. in the Swan..all of them wearing the black and white ..proper fans in North Northumberland .

It’s been near 20 years from last I popped in ..wonder if they still gather there .

Lowick Mag ?

True supporters Jib mate.

• Genjikai

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:54 PM

How i see it don’t be turned by the nay sayers that say a boycott wont work, they are the minority that are probably not in the north east anyway.
    The only thing ashley doesnt want is for us to turn our backs on the club.
    Howay man when we were going to riot in december he got commander and chief rafa to say dont. Cause he knew he was the only one that could stop it.
    Rafa gone who do we listen to now.
    Nee one. I know im going to do my part to be as disruptive to this regime as possible.
    Screw ashley and screw anyone that doesnt stand up for your supposed club.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Potomac,
    We don’t know what effect a boycott will have until we try one.

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:58 PM

Any more info Frank? Like how far along the deal is?

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:59 PM

No because I don’t want Photos of my conversation going around twitter , so maybe you can guess how I know

• outside the box

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:59 PM

pitmatic @ 12 …have to agree …would also put into crowdfunder….publicity is the key unfortunately our intrepid nufc reporters havent managed to get one recent photo of charnlie never mind talk to him
    prediiction …after reading todays blogs our deskbound reporters will lead with a scoop of a blurred image of a toon player going in to sports ground reporting back early to training with a comment that the player dosent know whats going on.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:01 PM

No idea how far along it is , I just know that it can’t be completed in two weeks

However that doesn’t not mean it’s game over

They Still want to buy it ,

It’s not off though 100%

• Mund

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Bambams

Don’t be sorry for anything mate you have shared in goodness’s faith and I and many others on here appreciate it

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:02 PM

I don’t think my brain can take another two weeks of this let alone even longer. FML

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:03 PM

What would cause a hold up of over two weeks Frank? Money transferring, picking apart the company/sub company mess Ashlie has split us into? Did your source (Midhat?) give you any more information?

• Moonraker15

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:03 PM

Frank
    I thought this 2 week thing was Ashley just considering a temporary coach if the takeover was gonna take more than 2 weeks rather than setting his red line!
    Makes sense and it gives him the opportunity to hire a cheap temporary option!

• Mister Tuff

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:03 PM

online – hows things – got to be careful even in North Northumberland there is a smattering of Sunderland supporters. Not a lot but they are present.

• Tramp

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:04 PM

Frank

It’s simple,

Manually type out the conversation you have had.

If it comes to fruition or doesn’t then you can post your screenshot.

Simples.

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:05 PM

SBR bought all his players off the shelf
    Anyone got a scooby what Jail is on about ?

• c-dog

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:05 PM

Jib

Google tells me our stadium is named after a former leper hospital. Any more info on this?

• Mund

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:05 PM

Frank

Thanks for sharing mate appreciate it and for people telling him to prove it lay off people he even said if it goes through or falls through he will show the proof good enough for me

• c-dog

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:06 PM

Or is that a different SJP?

• c-dog

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Does our club have leprosy is what I’m really getting at?

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Apparently this is Andros Townsends Dad.

Have we signed Townsend?

• Genjikai

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:08 PM

Sorry mund ill back off,
    I like frank and find him a funny poster.
    I was pushing in a friendly manner.
    Im sorry that you got so much flak off people when your prediction didnt come through.