web analytics

Portuguese Manager Has Expressed Interest In Joining Newcastle

Sky Sports is reporting Porto manager Sergio Conceicao as another manager that is interested in succeeding Rafa Benitez at Newcastle when his contract expires on June 30th.

The report has minimal details of his supposed interest with no quotes or sources so there may not be much to it. He is not out of a job so there may be something in this link.

Conceicao is a 44-year-old Portuguese manager who has been in charge of six clubs since first taking charge of third division Portuguese club Olhanense in 2012.

He has been the coach of Porto FC for the past two seasons winning the Super Liga title in 2018 and finishing second behind Benfica this past year.

Prior to that, he coached Nantes for half a season leading them out of the relegation zone before being appointed as the Porto boss.

The FC Nantes job was his only one outside of Portugal. While in France though, he surprisingly turned down the opportunity to replace Claudio Ranieri at Leicester City to remain with the French club.

He does seem to have something about him and we respect that he remained with Nantes in February 2017 after having just joined the club the prior December.

That shows a bit of loyalty and maybe he is now open to coming to the Premier League even though Porto is a top club in Portugal.

• lesh

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:31 PM

He obviously doesn’t know of Ashley’s vision for the club. But in saying that, these guys’ll see an opportunity to put themselves in the shop window.

• IrishRob

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:31 PM

Second but who cares

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:35 PM

I might message Sky. I’m interested in the managers job.

Everyone else has been linked.

• Slatymag

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:36 PM

I’m 60/40 in favour of this takeover turning into another washout. What about everyone else?

It’s the silence, that blasted silence!!

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:37 PM

He was Nuno Espírito Santo’s replacement at Porto
    He will be aware of NES at Wolves

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:40 PM

Wake me up when something actually happens please.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Ooop, hope I haven’t bugge*d up the blog.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:42 PM

EGB, you kinda live near….

Been asked to post this from London Magpies.

There are some Geordie fans meeting at the Orange Tree Pub in Totteridge, N20 8NX on Saturday at 2pm, they then plan a little walk down the road to ashLIE’s house after the odd beer or three, if anyone would like to join them? They know he’s not there but security will have to inform him of the loud, vociferous yet peaceful demo.

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Saints preserve us from pissed up owld Geordie expats

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Ffs EGB 😆

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:44 PM

That wasn’t you Micky btw

• Slatymag

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:44 PM

It would be canny if a MA mask could be made to stick on that football Sir Bobby has his foot on.

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti looks like he doesn’t have a pot to piss in can’t afford a razor its a none story I’m afraid

• Slatymag

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Good photo opportunity for newspapers/websites.

• c-dog

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Jib

You just sunk mickys battleship
    Good man

• DubaiMicky

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:51 PM

Jib – sounded like it LOL

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:53 PM

Thanks for sharing Shirebrook, if you’re right I will find you and French kiss you until this wonderful season starts!!
    🙂

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:54 PM

Bill counts as an expat in Essex

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Captain AmeriMag
    One of us is on the wrong blog

• toontoonarmy

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:55 PM

@shire spot on for sharing that mate. the past week my feelings towards the takeover happening were over powered with all the tat that was written and you have just given me some hope again??

@dubiamickey

you still feeling positive or are you joining the majority on the ashley staying camp? i was passing on all of your info and rumours heard to the fellow toon supporters at work 3 weeks in the middle of the north sea is a long time and you kept the spirits high keep them coming mickey lad dont lose faith

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:57 PM

Micky

I’m afraid my missus is on a mission to completely rearrange the living room so no chance out getting to that demo.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Even when I recheck my speeling misteaks still get through, duuuuuhhhh!

• DubaiMicky

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:01 PM

@toontoonarmy well done marra, surprising the amount of Geordies here went through that rite of passage.

Weirdly enough I’m still confident, hopeful of a Sun/Mon announcement but if it’s another month it is what it is.

I do wonder who will be taking the training on the first team’s first day back mind you.

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:01 PM

threw
    ffs

• bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:02 PM

I’m applying, however, l must have control of all player and financial decisions. MA must promise to take all SD advertising down or pay the going rate for such advertising. I also insist on replacing all directors and non directors from the payroll. I also insist on the club being run on the same lines as other Premiere League football clubs. I have a few other “must haves” that can be discussed while l tear the bastards intestines out.

• RobLeenio

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Micky, good on you for sharing mate. How come Wayayman didn’t do it, though? Not seen him on the blog for a good week or more.

You’ve met Midhat, I think you said. How annoyed do you think he might be getting at all these Geordies whatsapping him?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Bill

Good luck with your application mate.

You got to be a better fit than some of the previous waste of times that have had the job.

• RobLeenio

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Shirebrook Toon and Hibbit, unless you know the same folk, I count that as three different sources have said a Monday announcement but might be ‘leaked’ on Sunday.

That’s a canny level of corroboration, very positive. Thanks lads.

• Kamakazeee

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:10 PM

@DubaiMicky: From reading from afar, we seem to be at the stage where for yourself you have probably exhausted all the nuances you can share/find out. We know who the buyers are, we know the price, we know roughly the structure of the deal, we know the company name to buy the club, we know the lawyers being used, we have a good guess at who they want to appoint, we know what any potential deal will include – in terms of what Ashley wants sports direct to benefit from in the sale etc etc….

You seem to be just waiting for an annoucement one way or another now. Which ever way it goes. Anything else in the deal seems to be privy only to the lawyers and deal makers.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Fans in uproar
    Media turning
    Club in utter chaos
    Owner ran away to hide

Lets try and drag out the sale lie that bit longer
    Its all the PR has,the sale lie

Hiya

• toon kk

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:10 PM

We have no choice but to hopefully get a decent coach in, MA will want us to stay in the Premier league so he will invest to a point.
    On the bright side we are still in the Premier league. Look at Scum chilling out for another season in league 1

• toontoonarmy

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:10 PM

@dubai

i honestly think ashley has bluffed to hard that rafa has folded and ashley has no clue what to do now i hope this move by rafe is the first block of ashleys empire crumbling around him. maybe what shirebrooke said is legit and they didnt want rafa as the man to take the club forward until proven otherwise we can take it as good news right now

my old man being a norwich fan is try to us tickets for our game on the 17th im happy to go as it wont be funding that twit?

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:11 PM

The only thing that will be “leaked” on Sunday will be into people lavs

Give it a rest,its not like this is the 8th time hes sold us

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:13 PM

Woe, woe and thrice woe!

• DubaiMicky

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:13 PM

Bambams, I met his team mainly I said hello to the guy but that was all.

I would suggest he’s being polite, I would never message or call him, even though I’ve had his details for nearly a year. I’d have thought what started off as a bit of a gimmick has now gone way over the top and he’ll be getting steadily “cheesed” off – especially as the messages don’t appreciate the time difference – I would be too.

Wayayman asked me to post it, he’s been at a funeral up North so hasn’t been around but wanted to put it out there.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Yes I have at a go at people before sharing information

Because I get frustrated like everyone else

Hence the reason I contacted this person

I have said 100% I will prove it

If I am lying I will never post again

Once it’s a done and dusted , I will email anyone that wants it ….the proof

Conversation , phone number, photos etc

To be honest the only good thing mentioned was it wasn’t over

I haven’t really gave much hope other than that …..

I’ve just told everyone what was said

(he) said it can’t be done in 2 weeks – so I believe him

He Asked where it was being reported the deal could be off / 2 weeks deadline / BZG need to show Ashley clarity

So I sent screen shots

A big firm NO – to the question. Does that mean game over / deal off

So let’s just wait and see if he was telling the truth

Either way , I am not lying , not trying to be clever

It’s what he said

So for me , that’s the most proof I have seen

I also asked if anything was holding it up

No reply

I also said Ashley always does this , pretends to sell and blames everyone else

Again no reply

It wasn’t until I said – ok , so is it game over / deal off when he replied

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:14 PM

toontoonarmy

Yeh im sure shirebrooks right

Why would anyone buying the club want a proven manager, whos won things in place ,who the team and the fans trust ?

Im sure the first thing they would want to do is gt rid and get heir own guy in.

If were supposed to believe that the PR really do think were proper stupid

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Frank pingles come sock

Just like the other 7 times ?

hiya

• bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Don’t tell anyone but my “second” will be Rafa.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Woe. woe and thrice woe!

1 2 3 7