web analytics

Portuguese Manager Has Expressed Interest In Joining Newcastle

Sky Sports is reporting Porto manager Sergio Conceicao as another manager that is interested in succeeding Rafa Benitez at Newcastle when his contract expires on June 30th.

The report has minimal details of his supposed interest with no quotes or sources so there may not be much to it. He is not out of a job so there may be something in this link.

Conceicao is a 44-year-old Portuguese manager who has been in charge of six clubs since first taking charge of third division Portuguese club Olhanense in 2012.

He has been the coach of Porto FC for the past two seasons winning the Super Liga title in 2018 and finishing second behind Benfica this past year.

Prior to that, he coached Nantes for half a season leading them out of the relegation zone before being appointed as the Porto boss.

The FC Nantes job was his only one outside of Portugal. While in France though, he surprisingly turned down the opportunity to replace Claudio Ranieri at Leicester City to remain with the French club.

He does seem to have something about him and we respect that he remained with Nantes in February 2017 after having just joined the club the prior December.

That shows a bit of loyalty and maybe he is now open to coming to the Premier League even though Porto is a top club in Portugal.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Frank pingles come sock

Honestly

Thats so poor you should get help mate,delusions are treatable on the NHS

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:17 PM

I won’t be contacting him again , and I will not pester him

I just wanted an answer

I got 3

As I’ve mentioned a couldn’t care if no one believes me

I have no reason to lie , i haven’t been on for a while after Rafa left as I was gutted , didn’t know what to say

It’s an embarrassment the way he found out

Club is a mess

• Tony Baloney

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:17 PM

OK: if there ends up being big screens on the town moor I promise I will not question anything anybody says about a boycott being effective ever again.

#neverworkedbebefore
    #fattydoesn’tcare

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:18 PM

Tony Baloney

Dont think we havent noticed your late night PR

Its never MAs fault

😉

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Frank pingles come sock

Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia is a chronic and severe mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. People with schizophrenia may seem like they have lost touch with reality

Get help

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:21 PM

Woe times three!

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Toon22

When it’s over

Either deal off / Ashley mugging us off again

Or deal on , miracle

I will send you the proof first

I have no idea why you won’t believe me, i am not saying it’s going to happen

I am only saying what I have been told by the guy who released the statements

I am not the first to contact him and get an answer

Ashley , like you say probably has no intention of selling , yet he is a mug

He’s a disgrace , hence the reason I don’t go anymore and won’t until he’s gone

I was dubious about BZG, now I think they are genuine , that’s all

Once I show you I want an apology

Ps – I found your GRIIIBIIIITTTTT

VERY funny when Rafa left , I was crying inside but your post was very funny and perfectly timed

• DubaiMicky

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Frank, just leave it mate, you get more abuse on here than is warranted for sharing such info.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Dont you think its funny how two toon supporters who now live in America seem to think our accounts are mint ?

Just a coincidence

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:23 PM

Frank pingles come sock

Get help or the symptoms will ruin your whole life mate
    Its never too late to see your GP

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:24 PM

On the face of it, getting Mourinho in at Rafa’s expense doesn’t make a lot of sense in the short to medium term but what’s to say Jose hasn’t been involved with the BZG bid all along?
    Could easily have been his idea.
    I like 90% of fans would prefer Rafa but no doubt 100% would prefer BZG with anyone than the slug’s dystopian vision of our future.
    Announcement soon, believe it

• toontoonarmy

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:24 PM

toon22

happened at chelsea did it not? they replaced a reputable manager with another why not at newcastle??

rafa has brought newcastle and the fans together again a place where they havent been in years he would be my first choice over anyone at this time but realisticly what has he done since liverpool? hes a shadow of what he was at liverpool hurts saying that but you need to realistic here

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:25 PM

DubaiMicky

Honestly

Im supposed to believe some mega rich multi billionaire,who is still under NDA (some how even though we know about them) is getting info out to the fans through some mad sounding bloke on the internet ?

LOL

• #boycott Arsenal

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:27 PM

Unfortunately for Mike Ashley the downside to hiring such a high profile manager like Rafa to pull him out of the sh!t has just truly exposed his ambition or lack of it on a very public scale. Any manager coming in is coming for purely selfish reasons and a pay cheque only. He knows he will not be able to achieve success and will be more than happy just to receive his survival bonus, I can’t see how the fans than haven’t packed in will be able to get behind such a man knowing he is an Ashley puppet.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:27 PM

toon22

Schizophrenia is a very nasty illness and to accuse someone on the blog of having that illness on the blog is way out of order.

Disagree with them or even continue with your stupid misplaced shill accusations but do not get that nasty!

• JohnJ

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:27 PM

Regarding the Manager’s position at Newcastle United FC

My preferred options are

1 Bring back Rafa…..
    I think 99.5% of fans would jump for joy if this was to occur!

2 Chris Hughton
    Chris is well respected on Tyneside and I’m sure would do a good holding job for NUFC

3 David Moyes
    Was my first choice before Toon appointed Rafa! I thought he did a very sound job at Everton and wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip at Man United. Forget about his role at Sunderland – they were in freefall before he arrived & they were probably a bad choice on his part.

After that well who knows, did I hear someone shout Pardew? Errm no thanks!

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:28 PM

toontoonarmy

Meanwhile back in the world were not Chelsea

We are in utter chaos,your saying some bloke whos owns and runs some mega corporation has decided to get rid of the only thing holding us together and bring in a guy who said he didnt want to come (Morhinio)

Ok owt you say

• Tony Baloney

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:28 PM

What PR frog? Yes, I am an Ashley shill.

I have major doubts about any boycott having any effect on Ashley or Sky. If that is defending the current owner, then guilty! Someone called Count seems to think I am winding people up. I am not. If he talks to me again I will probably drop the “o” when I reply.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:29 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

Yes i know how bad the illness is,are we to sit on our hands and let people go without advice
    The bloke sounded unhinged

Im sure the same level of anger was pointed by yourself all those times JIB said things he probably should have been kicked from the blog for

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:31 PM

I have major doubts about any boycott

MA has gone to every effort to stop said protests

Lets just not try them aye ?

OK

• c-dog

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:33 PM

Same posters have spouted ITK info about the last 3 takeovers now. Either they’re making it up or someone is taking the piss outta them.

• toontoonarmy

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:34 PM

toon22

what were chelsea at the time?? nothing
    same idea with any takeover spend the money and theres a high chance success will follow

if they do buy newcastle it would be theirs to implement any plan which way they want would it not

rafa or no rafa just move on

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:34 PM

Toon22

What’s your preferred plan of action to finally dislodge the fat one?

Or you gonna sit on your speckled log and wait for HMRC to finish the investigation into his “undisclosed payments”

• RobLeenio

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:35 PM

Just on Rafa, I was told a snippet by a mate of mine who was at SJP earlier this week for a kids’ presentation evening. They had a stadium tour afterwards and he was in a group with one of the NUFC youth coaches he knows. The coach told him that Rafa was in last Thursday to clear his desk.

That suggests that it was neither an impulsive decision from Ashley or unexpected from Rafa.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:37 PM

ShirebrookToon

Im certainly not going to sit and believe everythings going to be fine at some unspecified point in the future

No protest seems to be the message you get on here

Hiya

• Tony Baloney

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:38 PM

Frog: what has Mike Ashley done to prevent any protests? I don’t think he cares. He shows utter contempt for Toon fans.

I don’t disagree with boycotts, go ahead. I just don’t think they will work. And there certainly wont be big screens on the town moor.

Not trying to belittle or put down anybody. And NO. I do not have any better ideas.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:38 PM

toon22

You have the temerity to accuse someone of sounding unhinged, pot, kettle and black comes to mind.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:39 PM

ShirebrookToon

Oh and its not just the HMRC now
    I think parliament will get there first,then use them to investigate him

He has worked closely with the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA) to prepare the bill which mandates that clubs being mismanaged should face scrutiny from a body which is independent of the clubs.

You might want to email your local MP,im sure i have

😉

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:39 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

If you know about the illness you also know its wrong to ignore it

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:40 PM

Alright lads
    Busy busy day just got in. What have I missed? Anything more from the goalposts moving?

• RobLeenio

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:40 PM

Just watching this England Ladies’ match. The standard of footy is actually much better than I thought it would be. Cracking second goal for England

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:41 PM

The body would have powers to undertake independent and forensic audits of club directors and financial activities when concerns have been expressed about mismanagement.

Ive posted the link before but in case you didnt read it the other two times

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:41 PM

Tony

Since you’re supposedly a shill too, do you know if shills and alts are the same?

Just I’m apparently both or maybe neither I’m confused.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:41 PM

” when concerns have been expressed about mismanagement”

My concerns have been expressed

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:42 PM

Toon22

So what are you going to do then? Do you plan to join in any protests that take place?

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:42 PM

He cant run away from parliament

He cant hide the last 12 years
    And the HMRC ant wait to see those accounts

😉

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:42 PM

toon22
    Watch mate you seem to be walking into a Trap careful

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:42 PM

Robleenio

It’s been a cracking game. They’re doing us proud.

• RobLeenio

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Droppy, you can be an alt shill or an alt non-shill. But if you’re a shill then all your alts are also shills, whereas if you’re an alt then you have no choice to be a shill or not a shill.

I hope that’s clear.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:44 PM

ShirebrookToon

Ive started with contacting my local MP as you should as a toon supporter

I intend to use the proposed screens erected at the town moor,as for the meetings ill have to see if i can attend.Real life can get in the way

Yourself ?