web analytics

Portuguese Manager Has Expressed Interest In Joining Newcastle

Sky Sports is reporting Porto manager Sergio Conceicao as another manager that is interested in succeeding Rafa Benitez at Newcastle when his contract expires on June 30th.

The report has minimal details of his supposed interest with no quotes or sources so there may not be much to it. He is not out of a job so there may be something in this link.

Conceicao is a 44-year-old Portuguese manager who has been in charge of six clubs since first taking charge of third division Portuguese club Olhanense in 2012.

He has been the coach of Porto FC for the past two seasons winning the Super Liga title in 2018 and finishing second behind Benfica this past year.

Prior to that, he coached Nantes for half a season leading them out of the relegation zone before being appointed as the Porto boss.

The FC Nantes job was his only one outside of Portugal. While in France though, he surprisingly turned down the opportunity to replace Claudio Ranieri at Leicester City to remain with the French club.

He does seem to have something about him and we respect that he remained with Nantes in February 2017 after having just joined the club the prior December.

That shows a bit of loyalty and maybe he is now open to coming to the Premier League even though Porto is a top club in Portugal.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:14 PM

toon22 OK glad to see you accept your error, lets drop it now.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:14 PM

What a goal England. Better than the men’s team!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Welshgeordie

Yes, no, maybe.

• magfry

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Great goal!! Penalties in the final

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:21 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

Ill never mention it again

• bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:21 PM

Glad toon22 apologised; mental health problems should not be taken lightly. My own mother in law was found in the Tyne. It seems to be getting worse, or are we just more aware of it?

• welshgeordie9

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:21 PM

If it does happen then i will be more than happy to travel to the north east and run around naked.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:22 PM

EGB

In no way at all have you offended mate.

It’s something I care a great deal about and whilst my own struggles are way easier now I still need to be careful.

He’s apologised you accepted, all is right with the world and now we can go back to wishing dreadful things on our malevolent ruler.

• toonedout

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:23 PM

Pains me to type such negativity but I cannot see the light at the end anymore with Ashley in charge (yes it maybe his fat Ars blocking the tunnel) – By now I usually have football withdrawal symptoms and cannot wait to start again but it just feels like what’s the point – I am sure this has asked before and it is a genuine question but what are we / you actually supporting – the owner (nah) the players (most probably want away or saw us as a stepping stone), each other (most judging by the comments on here don’t like each other) ? – I think for me it’s supporting what was (some of the time) and what maybe and it’s a hard chapter to close and walk away after 30 years

• bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:23 PM

toon22, just get on with the Ashley bashing, I love it, and hate him.

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:26 PM

toon22 step back a bit composure is required

• c-dog

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:27 PM

Toon22

Takes a lot to admit you were wrong and apologize. Touch of class outta you there. Fair play fella. Keep up the good fight, your club needs you.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:29 PM

Welsh

As apposed to running round the valleys naked with Velcro gloves on

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Bill

Sorry to hear your own sad news. I don’t think it’s getting worse. We are just becoming more aware and yet the services to deal with it remain massively underfunded.

Anyway all is sorted.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:32 PM

Shirebrook

If you are right about the takeover. i will do a special dance for you.

Don’t tell Jib, he will get jealous.

Ha ha ha

• jon

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:39 PM

Lesh, don’t do Wetherspoons unless I’m in the smoke, although it is cheap as hell.

Bam, bailey’s with ice! Need to introduce to my Mrs! 😉

Grass done, beer being consumed, they’re all pre sale celebratory.

🙂

• bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:42 PM

The fat twat has drained the passion for our club out of us over the years. Those that go to the games go more out of some sort of loyalty to the team or club as it was (never an easy club to support given our past). More of a social event rather than supporting our team with passion, and hope for something tangible. It is a sorry state for any social embodiment to be in, but some continue to give it life. I wrote a couple of days ago that it reminded me of how it was like the people being moved into ghettoes before the inevitable. I cannot believe that any intelligent person cannot see that their attendance at our club is giving it the oxygen to gas their own people. I know this seems extreme but just take a look at what happened in Blackpool. Rant over.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Jon

You still supping for me too?

Can’t wait for July like.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Shire- whats the good news that will make Welsh run around naked?

I’ve been out and missed any updates.

• Bambams

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Jon

I have had a few….

My daughters, bless them take the mick ! I am no veteran when it comes to drink, proper lightweight.

Cant have Baileys without ice ! Totally agree Sir.

• Bambams

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Really busy week at work, off tomorrow and I see the weather is grand !

I apologise now for any ‘Klingon speak messages ‘ after 3pm …..But I will be having a few

Even Ash cant spoil my leave days !

• BENNY 10

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:50 PM

Just got a text from my friends cousin. He’s banging Ashley’s daughter and he said she told him Mike’s funnelling millions out of the club to fund a retail empire. Asked him about the sale and he said Ashely decided to appear to entertain offers to distract from Rafa leaving and another transfer window with a negative net spend which he is going to use to buy Debenhams. He says we’ll know for sure on August 8th, I’ll try get more out of him.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:51 PM

Bambams

I bet he could if turned up and danced naked on your kitchen.

• jon

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:55 PM

Always Droppy! I don’t need an excuse 😉

• bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:56 PM

Benny10, we all know he is taking money out of the club. Rafa going is hardly a distraction. If anything it focuses attention on the twat. I think that you need to work harder on your sources or your homework.

• Moonraker15

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Tony
    It’s not a question of whether a boycott will work! It’s a statement from the fans to express our disgust at Ashley’s running of the club. To carry on “as normal” is ridiculous! If we fans don’t show true feelings no one else will as they’re not affected.
    Ashley has responded previously when he reversed the decision to rename the stadium after huge showings of discontent.
    We have to show our feelings even though the financial situation won’t be affected much!

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:58 PM

BENNY 10
    Was that before , during or after banging Ashley’s daughter ?

• jon

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Bam, you have to have a few with the sh!te going on!

My excuse, other than nufc……nah, you don’t need to know…….is what it is

• Jib

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM

bill
    If anything it focuses attention on her twat
    really !!!!!

• bill

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Nightshift on the way soon, I guess. Perhaps some news from them!

• Moonraker15

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:02 PM

Benny
    What will we know for sure on August 8th?

• BENNY 10

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:04 PM

He didn’t say but I think it had to be during right? Only time I can see her letting Ashley secrets out of the camp. Lucky he was paying attention! I’m not getting any more information at the minute he must’ve been quick. Still I’ll keep you posted

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:04 PM

Benny

Which daughter?

• jon

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Off for a bit, will be back, assuming I remember…..

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:09 PM

The night shift aint on yet
    JIB on here 24/7

Or whoever is JIB is today

• The mighty wyn

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Enjoy the day off bambams. As a newly retired chappie I can recommend a day in the sun with beers. Probably tomorrow as well. Oh dear.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Anyone??

• BENNY 10

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:12 PM

That’s all I know for now didn’t say which daughter.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Well done to England. On to the semis against France or the US.