web analytics

Young Winger Target Passes Spurs Medical Ahead Of £10m Move

It appears as though Leeds United winger Jack Clarke will be heading to Tottenham. Clarke and fellow Leeds United player Kalvin Phillips were said to be of interest to Newcastle in May.

The Evening Standard are reporting that Jack Clarke has passed a medical ahead of a £10m move to the London club.

At just 18 years of age, Clarke is one for the future. With Mauricio Pochettino’s links to fellow Argentine and Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa, he will know all about the youngster.

Tottenham seemed to have always had the inside track for Clarke with Newcastle’s reported interest vanishing almost as soon as it appeared.

These however are some of the transfers we would hope Newcastle can start making at some point in the future – hopefully the post-Ashley era. Getting some top youngsters into the club is something we have been longing for at Newcastle for quite some time.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:53 PM

droppy in Wallsend

They have multiple accounts

Hiya JIB

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:54 PM

toon22
    Cheers

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:55 PM

Read the link i posted youll see what im on about

Its not just some petition,its you asking your MP to represent you in parliament.Something totally different

The PR would rather you didnt

😉

• Bambams

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Mund/Gents

Thank you, let’s hope for some good news soon.

Jon

I have took a leaf out of your book …..Pint of Caffreys please !

• Toon Cat

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:57 PM

I think Ashleys got a rapidly diminishing window of maybe 2-3 weeks where he can justify his £350 million, no-strings-attached price. The period when a new owner can actually affect the clubs next season. After that short period the value of the club must fall and any takeover will be much more unlikely.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:58 PM

Don’t worry

I’m sure to keep the blog as well informed as possible about developments in parliament

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:58 PM

toon22, No mention of a website on the twitter page, but they did say they might take online donations nearer the time to cover any costs.They are talking to variuos peoples, including sky, to try and make it happen. Check them out.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:00 PM

JIB

I’m sure the PR has been all over it

LoL

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:00 PM

So will we have a manager and senior coaches next Monday. Are we go to Ireland this pre-season. At least the players could kiss the old blarney stone. No tongues mind…..

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Chancel

Cheers

• simon376

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:01 PM

I think and hope it’s great news what the MPs are doing and I’ll take anything to get rid of Ashley, my only concern is, they say he has to give up, but does he have to accept any bid? Suppose in his interests to get what he can and go, but could we still be left in limbo while we wait if this sale doesn’t come off?

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Jib
    Thanks did read in, interesting methinks. Cheers

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:03 PM

I just don’t get this. Surely Ashley has known for quite a while (more than since Monday) that he wasn’t going to be able to re-sign Rafa. So surely he was talking quietly to potential replacements? So why has nobody been brought forward? How does going into training camp without a manager and senior coaches help Ashley? I don’t see it. Possibly Mikey has had a mental breakdown? I mean more than just his normal lack of forward thinking. Should we send someone over to look in his ear with a straw?

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:04 PM

Simon

He will probably end up in prison

Can’t see the FA letting him own a team,he can refuse to sell but I’d guess they would chuck us out of the league
    How much do you think we would be worth then ?

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:04 PM

The answers to all your questions are yes simon376. That leaves me with a very queasy feeling.

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Geordietwo

Your going to have to go find where his hidey hole is first

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Well, the results are in from the peering in of Ashley’s ear. The only things that could be seen were some wax, a few cobwebs and an old crumpled up Twirl Bar wrapper….

• toon22

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:07 PM

All of those contacts with player would need to be honoured or end it in court
    Would probably leave him bankrupt

🙂

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:08 PM

I don’t think it would help us to find him toon22. He only spouts nonsense anyway…

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Ashley’s like Hadrian Trump no one sticks around long with him the same mentality.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Been told

Premier League finished the fit n proper test Monday.

Only announcement that came was Rafa leaving at end of contract.

Sheikh don’t want Rafa as manager. Sheikh wants Mourinho.

Kenyon wanted Rafa.

Announcement due Sun/Mon

2 different people have told some this over the course of this week.

Just passing on what I’ve been told. I’m still on the fence with it!

• oldarse

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:12 PM

GeordieTwo
    I’ve had a go at him but credit where credits due

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Some = me

• NezzaNUFC

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:13 PM

Where is this statement that Mike has gave a deadline?

Any change in company house? Why even setup an account for Newcastle United if deal could possibly fall through?

Both parties have agreed and terms accepted but apparently some media is right and know what is happening!?

Any comments from NUFC and BZG? Hmm….

Why wait for Rafa and coaches contract to expire, why not allow them to leave now?

People seem to forget these questions and jump on the bandwagon when BAD news occurs, but when GOOD news occurs it’s apparently BS but facts are still there and out in the open!

Shouldn’t be long until the announcement is made and we have new owners (finally)

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:16 PM

The one thing I’m fairly certain of is that we can’t go without a manager for long. Surely one has to be appointed next week? What do the FA rules say about this? I suppose in the short term somebody like Ben Dawson could become interim manager? Or is Chutney going to get out his old track suit and whistle?

• Diddly

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:16 PM

Bit of positivity on hear tonite. Fingers crossed

• simon376

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Toon22

With any luck yes, he will end up there, probably over the tax stuff rather than the FA test, let’s just hope everything comes together and we can be rid of him sooner rather than later

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:21 PM

I agree with you about comparing Trump and Ashley oldarse. Very similar personalities and clear mental issues.

• NezzaNUFC

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:21 PM

Ooo I forgot to mention the SD signs, are they back up?

Why hasn’t Rafa came out and stated he is looking for another club?

• The mighty wyn

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:22 PM

Once again shirebrook thanks for the info. I think I might have just gone back up to 50/50 on the sale going thru. Although I do think he has nowhere left to go really. At least I hope so

• GeordieTwo

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:22 PM

There has been no official statement that the deal has failed. I think it is continuing. In the end Ashley scoffed at Amanda and her group but he clearly isn’t scoffing now.

• hibbit

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:24 PM

well we either all know the same people or this deals now leaking like a sieve………. i’m told its monday but sunday papers may break the news,
    this time i’ll only believe it when i see it on sky as signed deal !!!!!!!!

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:27 PM

The Sheikh is the only one who can buy us. He’s tied in now are the words messaged to me.

Could just be a coincidence that the fit and proper test was done on Monday and club announced Rafa leaving on Sunday June 30th

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Hibbit

Once bitten, twice as shy mate.

Only difference is two separate people have informed me of the same thing.

We live in hope

• Novocastrian66

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Shirebrook: I hope you’re right mate

• Toon Cat

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Here’s the Chron saying again that, as of today, Owners and Directors (Fit and Proper) tests haven’t even started.

• Sheikh Rafa

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:32 PM

I really don’t care who the next manager is as long as we get rid of this blood sucking parasite, but it would be the icing on the cake if Rafa was to return.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:32 PM

Novo

I hope the people who told me are 😉

• Slatymag

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:33 PM

@chancel… comment 34

I suggest this and got no bites of interest whatsoever so emailed Chi Onwarah asking her about the feasibility of such a venture and whether she could liaison with the council. Not saying it’s all my idea but I guess she’s had a few requests along the same lines.

Focal point, rather than people boycotting and staying away.

Let’s hope it comes off.