web analytics

Interested Candidate Will Likely Face An Unwilling Mike Ashley If New Reports Are True

The Chronicle have an article out on developments provided by Portuguese outlet O Jogo that, if true, would all but eliminate Sergio Conceicao as a viable candidate for Newcastle manager.

The report claims that Conceicao has a release clause in his contract of £18m. This would make Sergio the equivalent of being Newcastle’s second highest signing behind Miguel Almiron. If this report is true, then Conceicao is not coming to Newcastle.

Yesterday it was reported that Newcastle made contact with the Porto boss and that he is very interested in discussing coming to Tyneside.

Sergio Conceicao– likely will not be next Newcastle manager

There is just no way Mike Ashley will pay a compensation fee for a manager so current candidates who are employed like Steven Gerrard, Sean Dyche, Patrick Vieira, and Sergio Conceicao may be unrealistic targets.

Sergio Conceicao seems like a very honorable person in that he stayed at Nantes despite being offered the much more lucrative Leicester City job in early 2017. He is also well respected at Porto and highly appreciated by the fanbase due to instant success at the club.

So it is unlikely that he will cause any friction at Porto to try and force a move. The release clause was also just added when he signed an extension to 2021 in March.

Patrick Vieira is a candidate, like Conceicao, who seems interested and has had immediate success in his career. His club OGC Nice, incidentally, is also currently mired in a takeover with English tycoon Jim Ratcliff in the process of purchasing the French club.

It was also reported in the Sun yesterday that Nice would fight any attempts to pry Vieira away.

We will most likely be seeing some of these more promising candidates disappearing as the days go on. And so is life at Newcastle United.

• naptoon

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Toon 22
    Have you heard owt more off “earplugs”? He knew as much as everyone else. Its the hope that kills us, until the fat cnut is out, there is none and most toon fans I know, other than on this blog apparantley, feel the same as you. Before the blog police come after me for being a new poster and moaning etc I was posting regulary for years donkeys ago and numpties like billson et al, for me, spoiled the blog as it was obvs, even back then, that mike “the turd” ashley was riding the back end out of our club.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Obviously with Rafa gone, I don’t have high hopes for whoever comes in and frankly, don’t really want anyone else.

I’ve mentioned Moyes many times this last year as that’s who I think we’ll get and not who I want.

I’m in the takeover not happening camp but looking at the types of people we’ve been linked with: Arteta, Gerrard, Martinez, Ranieri, Monk etc.

I’m more confident in Moyes over than them linked to keep us up. But then the issue is what’s the point of staying up if the goal is to just survive every year?

It all just sad. I miss being able to talk about possible players, formations, actual football things that fans should be talking about. I hate the fact that now, majority of fans on here have a small grasp on footballing finances, can track helicopters and flights and using politics to make changes in football.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Ronaldo: I will have a look. I thought it was 225 million but could be wrong. Even at 260 my point is still valid because this prof was using Revenue of 125 million when it was obvious that our revenue in the PL would be much higher – 180 million. I only skimmed the article you posted (because it is so long) and he used different valuation methods. I might give it another read but it is obvious that if your revenue goes up by 40 then your value will increase. Not by the full 40% because the PL is unique as a business as you can get relegated.

• toon22

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Hiya JIB

You think were stupid enough for you to be able to drag out this years fakeover ?

I take it the fat greedy get needs to run down more of the transfer window.

• Our Toon

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:53 PM

I think some of you are clinging onto that thing called hope in regards to a potential takeover, I did initially but common sense tells me he’s not interested in selling.

He knows no matter what 52k will still turn up, he still gets to use us a advertising vehicle and so the cycle continues. We just won’t unite to get him out, actions speak louder than words!!

• toon22

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:54 PM

Tony

Im sure you think the accounts are mint and the like

But were sick of the parasite, and the people who help him

• Jib

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Garry Cook at Man City railed at virtual duplication
    of enquiries when the Mansours took over.

The FA gave the Bruce Hornsby standard reply
    “That’s just the way it is “

• toon22

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:55 PM

naptoon

Email your local MP
    Read the link i posted

• toon22

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM

As much as this lot would rather have you think otherwise

We can do something about MA

Protests and political pressure are a good start

• NY Mag

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:57 PM

Jib,Muz,

I don’t want to argue with you guys….just pointed it out as I thought we were trying to stick to facts today 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:00 PM

Oh God Muz. You mentioned HMRC. You must know what comes next. Hiya,

• davis_toons

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:01 PM

“If a sale is going to happen, then appointing a manager for the long term might be something he would decide to leave to any new owners.” – hall

Supposedly…if we are on the right track of a takeover (now that Rafa is gone) an intern-manager should be employ soon.

Let’s see.

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:18 PM

Tony …your a shill …

• ArtyH

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:00 PM

I hope there are loads of candidates…..I also hope they all say ” I cannot work under the conditions stipulated, its not for me “!