web analytics

Championship Striker Target On His Way To Southampton

The Telegraph and other outlets are reporting that Southampton have struck a deal with Birmingham City for their striker Che Adams.

Newcastle were most recently linked with having an interest in Adams a few weeks ago but he has been on the radar since way back in 2014.

Earlier today it was reported that Southampton reached an agreement with Aston Villa for left-back Matt Targett on a deal initially worth £14m but can rise to £17m.

It seems like Southampton will waste no time in spending that cash as the deal for Che Adams is said to be worth £15m. The deal will be finalized on Monday.

Adams will likely replace former Newcastle target Charlie Austin who Southampton are desperate to sell this summer. The soon to be thirty-year-old is being targetted by Aston Villa and Sheffield United who both gained promotion from the Championship this past year.

Che Adams– heading to Southampton

Adams will join Danny Ings whose loan spell from Liverpool last season is set to be made permanent on Monday.

The twenty-two-year-old Adams had a very productive season at Birmingham City under Garry Monk last season. He scored 22 goals in 48 total appearances for the Championship club.

While this transfer will not unsettle too many Newcastle fans, we are reminded that Newcastle United currently only have Dwight Gayle, and a couple of young strikers in Elias Sorensen and Yannick Toure as out and out strikers at the club. This is under the assumption that Joselu’s move to Alaves will be finalized soon.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:07 AM

I don’t know what I am supposed to be able to be taking on the chin either. A wild swing that missed by 2 feet! You should be getting lessons from Roy Keane when he had a go at Big Al.

• Moonraker15

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:07 AM

The Mirror is quoting Ashley saying he let him go because the Sheik didn’t want him ! Now then !

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:09 AM

I’ve already stated I would boycott the Arsenal game. I’ve signed up to NUST. I would go to the meeting if I could get my husband to go.

• one fine day

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:10 AM

I still think a huge live site on the toon moor / leazes park will go along way to help the boycott .
    Then those who can’t do without the match day experience can go there and enjoy it on the big screens .make enough noise the players will most likely hear it inside the stadium .
    It has to be a positive thing ..will be better than just gathering outside like the Spurs game which to me just devided the fan base even more .

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:14 AM

According to some because I’m old I shouldn’t be allowed, now there’s a thing. Well I can’t see any young ones doing anything either. We should be staying United.

• TyneMouth

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:19 AM

We are now entering the last 24hours of Rafa’s current contract.

I think it would be an appropriate gesture, in respect of Rafa’s considerable contribution to NUFC, that certain posters to this blog, could refrain from adding their predictably snide comments about a man who has entered Legend status within our club.

Rafa will be an enormous loss, of that there is no doubt.

We have been blessed, we were briefly very lucky.

Thank you Rafa, we will not forget you!…

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Moonraker, Ashley would say that wouldn’t he. Do we believe him.

• Moonraker15

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Tony
    Whether Charnley likes it or not he affects all our lives by being complicit with Ashley . In that position his private life is affected. Sorry but it’s a huge important position he’s in and it carries responsibility. He could resign!

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:24 AM

We are allowed to have differing opinions on here right?

And I don’t mean somebody like Nedders telling everybody their opinions don’t matter and he should just decide for them.

If somebody organizes something that I think might work, I might change my mind.

The sale is not dead yet anyway and there is still 5 weeks before the Arsenal game. If anybody believes the Mirror that Rafa was sacked at the behest of BZG then there should be no need for boycotts.

Who knows what the rest of the Sunday Papers will come up with 🙂

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:25 AM

I gave up two season tickets when we got relegated. I only went back because of Rafa. I loved him. I don’t pay for my ticket now. So I have tried to do something. I would go and protest where ever there’s going to be one. Got loads of time on my hands you know being old.

• Moonraker15

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:28 AM

There’s a pattern emerging. The Sheikh wants Mourinho not Rafa! Rui whatsisname is approached by Toon for coaching position and he previously worked for Mourinho!
    Could it be happening?
    I’m off to bed ! Goodnight all!

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:28 AM

I am sorry Moonraker. Say what you want to him at Benwell or SJP but his family should be kept out of it and targeting his house really is off limits in my opinion. I know you will say that peaceful protests should be allowed, but it just takes one.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Tynemouth: who has made any Snide comments about Rafa? Catchy?

• c-dog

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Ashley pocketed a fortune through Rafa

• TyneMouth

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:36 AM

If you would like to thank Rafa for all his efforts these last three years, just post;

“Thank you Rafa, we will never forget you, you will always have a place in our hearts. Good luck and very best regards…

Perhaps Ed & Neil could promote a blog tribute.

• Moonraker15

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:37 AM

Tony
    I know but he is in one of the most important jobs in Newcastle. That comes with responsibility and he can’t just go home and close his front door like you and I do. When he comes out he has to be questioned !

• one fine day

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:38 AM

Tony
    I think the whole BZG wanting ash to get rid of Rafa is bs to be honest.
    And even if true then for all that’s good in football we just we be telling the new owners from the off they have made the biggest mistake .
    He wasn’t just a manager,he somehow managed to unite a club that was very much broken .
    After went down I very much think without him staying we would be on Netflix now .

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Why have no journalist questioned Charnley.

• TyneMouth

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Tony B @ #53

Sorry, did I hit a nerve?

• Moonraker15

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Ed/ Neil
    Please pass this on to Rafa
    You gave us back our self respect and belief. You are a great coach and I believe a great man. Thank you for what
    You brought to our club! We shall never forget you! Your name will be sung at every game!
    A fan

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Tynemouth: not in the least. I was just trying to think of who had been overly critical of Rafa apart from Catchy. I haven’t so I didn’t think you were talking about me.

• one fine day

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Carltoon,
    Think they’d get the no comment anyway.
    But have a feeling the Newcastle “source ” feeding the bits of info /propaganda is non other than old goebbels charnley

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Thank you Rafa for being a great coach, a gentleman, and an amazing human being. Hope one day you return. Good luck in your next venture.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:53 AM

4iiiis

Do you really think that will work Mike.

MA
    Are you doubting me 4iiiis, just get those mannequin dummies loaded onto truck and ship them to my stadium the day before the Arsenal game. I’ll show stupid Geordies empty seats, not.

Put some of the shoddy sub standard SD Newcastle tops on them and no one will see the difference.

4iiiis

What take them from the club shop or one of the stores do you mean.

MA

Aah yeah, look stop being difficult you Danger Mouse stand in, haha, Danger Mouse stand in geddit. Just do as I say and stop trying to think for yourself.

4iiiis

OK sorry Mike, I’ll get some in from the shops. No one is buying them anyway although there’s loads on order online, just waiting for payment for them.

MA

Bastids!

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:53 AM

Don’t think Tony has ever criticised Rafa.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:57 AM

Carltoon

Do i remember you saying once you were in your early 60s, old, you’re just a bairn.

Blimey I’ve been a Toon supporter for over 60 years. 😉

• TyneMouth

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:00 AM

Tony Balonly @ #61

Oh I see, just a simple knee-jerk reaction, fair enough.

Take care with the *Submit* button, young fellow…

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:00 AM

Carltoon

I think some people have selective memories and will drag up stuff from the past about what they think some one has said and try to pin that on them.

• TyneMouth

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:01 AM

Sorry Baloney…

• one fine day

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:01 AM

Even with a takeover seeing another guy sat in the dug out still dosent sit right with me .I will feel Rafa has been cheated out of what he deserved after what he has done here .
    I feel embarrassed the way we have treated him .
    The same way still feel thinking about sir bobby’s last days .

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:06 AM

I do not think that Catchy has been overly critical of Rafa, his arguments were reasonable and honest imo.

I don’t agree with a lot of what he has said but I do get why he has said them.

The stick he gets every time he logs on is laughable and hysterical at times, it’s like a school playground!

• TyneMouth

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:17 AM

EGB @ #71

You are one of natures genuine nice guys!

You don’t think “Catchy has been over critical about Rafa! ”

In my kindest words possible, “you should have gone to specsavers.”

• one fine day

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:19 AM

EGB,
    Yes bill not unlike the abuse thrown at toon 22 then?
    Who posts honest facts and is very reasonable if repetitive.
    But as things stand is looking like he was right all along.
    Catchy always manipulates his stats to suite his agenda and was so against Rafa I think he is sat in a room somewhere with kill Rafa scrawled all over it ( think the old pink movies for a visual)

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Bill I’m 71 mind I only look 50.

• lesh

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:23 AM

TyneMouth

It’s been a hot day and ideal for a meat charring party but no reports from you. Wazzamatta? We need to know or would it be better we didn’t? Harrumph.

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:28 AM

just read all the comments . i dont believe we should target their houses . his shops all his other ventures . peaceful demonstrations . the media will pick up on it it will gather pace . inform the press where the demo’s are gonna be at hopefully get them on our side you never know the might side with us NEWCASTLE UNITED for once .

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:29 AM

Carltoon … na you daint like you look 21 hinney …

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:44 AM

Ha ha Tom I wish. Mind feel 100 with all the hate on here.

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2019 at 1:56 AM

Carltoon …

know what you mean pet …