web analytics

Newcastle Winger Picks Up Suspected Hamstring Injury On International Duty

Christian Atsu picked up what looks to be a hamstring injury in Ghana’s second match in the African Cup of Nations today against Cameroon. He was substituted off for Samuel Owusu after managing only fifteen minutes on the pitch. The game ended in a 0-0 draw.

This comes after a very poor performance for Atsu in a disappointing draw for Ghana in their first match against Benin. Atsu drew a lot of criticism for his performance from the Ghanaian fans and press.

Ghana will play Guinea-Bissau on Tuesday in the final match of Group F. They currently lie in second place on two points behind Cameroon who are on four points.

The extent of the injury is unknown but Atsu is one of those players on the fringe at Newcastle at the moment. He lost his place when Paraguayan Miguel Almiron arrived in January. But played very well in the final few games of the season when Almiron went down with his own hamstring injury.

Christian Atsu will have wanted to make his mark in preseason this summer and impress whoever becomes the next Newcastle manager. Now he could be looking at a lengthy spell in the sidelines.

• geordietom

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:56 PM

repost…

tony where abouts in Thailand does your brother live mate .i’ve got a cousin who lives in pattaya .he owns a bar there . he’s married to a thai lass well we think its a lass .

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:59 PM

Atzu was playing OK for the last few games of the season, this will set him back a lot probably.

Now appears to be injury prone, pity!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Pity you had to move the bus Neil, we were just getting an interesting Bovril chat going! 😉

• jazzyp

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:09 PM

Gallagher stuck in the 90s

• Singinginthecorner

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:12 PM

Repost just incase it was missed well worth a listen sound ashLIE has moved the goalposts

DubaiMicky

Jun 29, 2019 at 5:28 PM

I’ve not heard this yet so don’t shoot the messenger. Neil Mitchell in Dubai Radio today from 2.5 mins onwards.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:14 PM

Wow only a month ago suggesting that there was Ashley PR progandists on this blog would have you put in a bucket with a flagstone for a lid as you sat in the frogs dark room mumbling to yourself ha ha.

Tony Baloney. New poster since the takeover stuff began. Let’s recap some of his gems –

First off there’s the utter ridiculing and downplaying of boycotts or any firm of Anti-Ashley action. It won’t work, can’t work, has never worked he says.

Hang on though, isn’t it easy to see that this club is in a unique situation? It’s not a second or third tier outfit sponsored by a scrap merchant and run by a local nightclub owner is it? It’s a high level premier League club run by a billionaire business man using it specifically for GOOD advertising of his overarching multi-billion pound sports goods company. He is much more vulnerable (certainly his company is and by extension him) to horrible publicity than the so-called failed protests mentioned by Tony. Bad publicity would hurt no mistake.

The only way it won’t work is if ANYONE listened to his apathy inducing denunciations and decided he was right. Exactly what Ashley wants to happen.

Second. There will be no player exodus. That’s because all footballers are only interested in playstation gaming, beats phones, cars, and flashing wads in clubs, it’s the pay they want that’s all.

Hmm. I don’t think they are all like that Tony. I’m pretty sure the better players have a high percentage hungry for career progression, increasing their net worth, the prestige of a bigger club, medals, cups, international caps. Yes I’m sure there are players at NUFC who either stayed at or came to NUFC because the swinging plus was Sr. Benitez, top top coach and winner of more stuff than most managers on the planet. I’m sure some aren’t so thick as to have it escape their notice what club they have been left behind in, that they won’t progress in a club that has no desire to go anywhere, with a manager on the bung. Nope, they’ll be looking elsewhere now. Their agents will that’s a cert.

What is your agenda Tony? Certainly not to improve fan morale or protest against the man who has shelled our club, is it?

• jazzyp

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Sitc

Makes you realise how f@cked we are without this fake over happening

• Genjikai

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:21 PM

Tsunki.
    Will you be going to the magpie group meeting on monday?

• Genjikai

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:23 PM

That goes to anyone.
    Is anyone going to attend the magpie groups meeting this monday?

• Jib

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:24 PM

Liam Gallagher cannot be as big a knob as he looks
    can he ?
    It has to be an act surely

• Tony Baloney

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:27 PM

Yeah Tsunki: Cherry pick whatever for your own agenda.

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Tsunki I respect your opinion and I’m sure there were some valid points in that post (I didn’t read it in all honesty it looked heavy) but it’s a hot summer Saturday night, can we not just have a light hearted Glastonbury bovril discussion instead??

• Moonraker15

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:30 PM

Jib
    I’ve seen him numerous times and I think that IS him! A total bellend! Hard to believe though!

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Jimiley Glastonbury is brilliant music brings people together…. You just get back to ya tartan pants and Bay city Rollers knob head

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Captain Amerimag your satirical presence has been duly acknowledged, let’s leave it there.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:37 PM

If you cant see that I was half joking about the Instagram stars you weren’t paying attention. My questioning of whether a boycott would work is backed up by it never working in the past and the apathy fans have shown in the past. It may provide some balance to the happy clappers who think a failed walk-in was a good idea and definitely worth repeating and being organized by he same people.

If you read some other things I have written you will see I am a long time NUFC fan who wants Ashley to leave and was fully behind Rafa. But you would rather cherry pick a few things for your OWN agenda of trying to undermine and ridicule me.

But go ahead. Quote what you want. Just like everybody else I am not totally consistent all of the time, especially in the mess we find ourselves in. I am seeing things change on a daily basis and you just don’t knw what to believe. We get contradictory and bogus press reports. ITK information that is disproved almost as quickly as it is posted.

But go ahead, have a go at me if that’s what floats your boat.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:39 PM

Tony my agenda seems a lot clearer than yours though. You downplay whatever might affect Ashley? You scoff at fans who desire to take action. Why do that? What are you trying to achieve?

• TomaKaThor

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:40 PM

If Ashley remains we must boycott Arsenal but ofcourse we wont, and alot of the people who dont will be moaning about Ashley. Well you will have no right anymore if you arent willing to try and do something about him. It might do jack but whats the alternative? Crying about Ashley then helping him line his pockets.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Bay City Rollers. Now we’re talking’……..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDhj9Y-jno

• Genjikai

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:41 PM

Just remember you can make this happen.
    By turning up and showing what your club means to you.
    We are suppose to be the loyalist fans well show it. Show the passion you have for your club, ashley prays on your loyalty.
    Dont let the predator get away with it.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:41 PM

Genjikai I can honestly say I wont be going, no, I am afraid I have to much stuff in the way. But I absolutely will do my best not to enrich Ashley in any way or set foot in his zombie club until it’s free of him.

• Singinginthecorner

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:41 PM

For those without Facebook some Newcastle fans had a day trip to ashlies house today

• Tony Baloney

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:42 PM

A lot of what I have said is anti-Ashley.

This is a strange place sometimes with various people trying to defend their turf because they have been on here for years and want to ridicule the upstart. Alpha dogs defending their tiny patch of the internet. Go ahead, go outside, urinate on your shed and mark your territory. Or better still write a nothing diatribe directed at me to show your internet warrior props.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:45 PM

Tsunki: your agenda is clearer than mine because I do not have an agenda. Mostly just saying what comes into my head based on posts and the days news. Not a stream of consciousness but sometimes a bit of a stream of consciousness. Usually ‘Multi-tasking” whilst watching the cricket.

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Tony., much as its fun to prove halfwits wrong, I wouldn’t bother. Apparently I hate rafa and love Ashley according to tsunki, jail and a few other less intelligent hangers-on they have, one of whom bizarrely denigrated gaelic football on more than one occasion in an effort to land a punch. These are some of the people who populate the blog, and have harassed guys off it. Thankfully there are plenty of bright sorts to talk with aswell. In fact the vast vast majority are good guys and about 10% max are muppets. Its great to see lots of new fans on here from all over the globe. The nufc brotherhood is alive and well.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Tony – “. My questioning of whether a boycott would work is backed up by it never working in the past and the apathy fans have shown in the past. ” so either you are missing the point or ignoring it, we are not just some other club. This is a totally unique situation and for whatever reason you are spouting your numbing apathy do the club and its fans a favour and help it not hinder it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Tony
    It’s not just the cherry picking of comments that I find irritating, it’s the people who will trawl back millions of blog years to find something to bash someone with.

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:48 PM

Tony, in fairness to tsunki he has a great way with words and I think accepted a virtual pint of stout from me when we beat man u. Ain’t that right Tsunk?

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:49 PM

Munster is howling in the yard again, someone chuck him a bone.

Tony don’t play the injured junior, fair enough if you can’t hold your inner dialogue in but think before you help Ashley clowns pull the rug from under the fans unrest.

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:50 PM

Ah Essex, another good one. How are you Essex?

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:51 PM

I had that pint Munster but there was something in the bottom of the glass when I downed it…

🙂

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:53 PM

Jeez Essex I can’t imagine who u are referring to

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:55 PM

Well at least you accepted the gesture Tsunki

• Genjikai

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:56 PM

Tsunki its a shame i feel the movement we need to create could do well with people like you.
    Im going to attend so ill let yous know what is actually said.
    The feeling im getting locally is that everyone wants to show they are appalled at ashleys tenure on the toon.
    I just cant see how people.cant grasp what an empty stadium would achieve.
    Yes it would show sports direct all over, but it would show thats what you get when ashley rolls into your town.
    He chews everything up and doesnt even spit it out the greedy git he just swallows whole and moves on.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:58 PM

It’s a lot more difficult to make a protest when you are literally closer to the club and more invested in it, and the lifestyle that includes shopping at HoF, SD etc Im not being deprecating to those farther away but it seems that distance lessens the need to make any sacrifice at all, and much easier to just accept the status quo and “move on” with Ashley. Just an observation.

I personally wouldn’t give any credence to calls from those in far flung places that fans here shouldn’t bother with protests.

• Genjikai

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:59 PM

In our case never leaves.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Tsunki: read something from the last thread before your outrage. I suggested getting someone to rally behind like The True Geordie and having a protest at Gray’s Monument with at least 500 guaranteed to turn up so it wouldn’t be an embarrassment like last Monday. I don’t expect you to read everything I write but I am not totally averse to a protest, I just don’t see a boycott working. Argue with me all you want, but you are just picking a fight – as I said there are a few on here who like to mark their territory and feel like they are MARKING OTHERS’ CARDS.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Munster one things right, at this time we really all should be united. I just dont see what purpose NOT doing something serves.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Quality TV time with missus, later!

• Tony Baloney

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:04 PM

I really don’t see anybody on here defending Ashley. I certainly am not. If I could think of a way to get him out I would say it.