web analytics

Fans Care Little About A New Manager – Get Rafa Back To Save Our Club

I suppose it’s their job, but the Chronicle journalists keep reporting the Newcastle hierarchy – those idiots who have run the club for 12 years – are ramping up their search for a new manager.

And while we are still very much grieving about Rafa being forced out of the club by Ashley – who do you think we can look forward to being appointed – not a world-class manager.

Probably somebody who is available because they have been just fired by a Championship club.

That’s what the incompetent Lee Charnley did four years ago when he appointed Steve McClaren as the manager, exactly 16 days after he had been fired by Derby County.

How can a manager who couldn’t make the grade at a Championship club ever be successful at Newcastle?

Come on – let’s be factual here and not absolutely daft.

Rafa Benitez before the final game of the season at Craven Cottage
When things were still good and upbeat

But Charnley said McClaren was the perfect manager for Newcastle – now on earth could that ever be the case?

And we were relegated that season as McClaren was way over his head from the very first day forward and Charnley fired him far too late for Rafa to save us with 10 games to play.

And since then he’s been fired by Derby County (again) and Queens Park Rangers.

So much for the perfect Newcastle manager.

And Charnley is the sole man choosing the next Newcastle manager – oh my goodness – when I first head that I choked on my cornflakes.

And it wasn’t through sheer delight.

Mike Ashley has basically ripped the heart out of the club (again) by forcing Rafa out of the club and this shambles – reminiscent of September 2008 – could well lead to another relegation in the coming season.

The only solution we can see and the only solution we want is to get Rafa back at the club quickly – even on a short-term basis.

If other fans are feeling like us – they will still be devastated by Rafa leaving and a long way from getting over that.

Last May 12th, after thumping Fulham 4-0 away at Craven Cottage we thought this would be one of the best summers Newcastle fans would have in a long, long time.

But the totally incompetent Mike Ashley has once again squashed all our ambitions and hopes for the club.

And he’s still the owner – how long does this torture last?

Bring back Rafa to the club, and he’ll fix things and quickly too.

Fans have zero confidence in those two non-football guys running and ruining the club.

That’s our simple message, and unfortunately, it will not change anytime soon.

Time for Ashley to really go this time!

• DubaiMicky

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:05 PM

Rafa ain’t coming back guys. Sad but true.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:06 PM

Should I have said “First” btw?

• Tsunki

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:06 PM

Not sorry for the repost not sorry at alllllllllll…

😀

Bills – how many ways do think there are to ruin a club? Simply by bankrupting it and consigning it to the league Davy Jones locker? That’s a lame way to support Ashley and you’ve got a library of them.

Yes we are back on the premiership – twice doncha know? (We’ve been twice in the champo but hey that’s just a couple of blips)

How about taking us from Champions League, PL and cup competitors and cementing our feet in the mid to lower half of the table because he siphons the club income out of the side door through various outsourced concerns, and giving off even the club kit to SD, all the time freely advertising his cloth stall for nothing?

How about doing over any manager who dares to ask for funds to compete or ask for an academy infrastructure of this century?

How about hiring a string of simpering yes – men who toe the line and have no ambition

How about dragging the Geordies and this club into the football comedy hall of fame with his various “Take that you peasants!” Business impositions like ground renaming, or sponsors who are later defunct through government law against their usury?

Plenty of ways to ruin a club

Tell me Bills honestly – how do you think Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea etc fans would be feeling right now if it was them? Would they be philosophical about Ashley? Would they consider themselves in good hands?

• Tsunki

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:08 PM

“It’s not rocket surgery” © was one of many daft sayings I’d torment the kids with when they were around 10-12 years and up. Never heard anyone use it in the 15 or more years since so I consider I coined it 🙂

• Return of the Geordi

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:08 PM

Bills Son I agree with you there mate. He might have sucked the soul out of the club and the sooner he’s gone the better, but we are not financially ruined. When i get down about the sorry state were in I think of what 2 of the 3 greatest managers I’ve see in my time supporting our great club have said:

KK

“Don’t ever give up on your club. Keep supporting it, it’s your club and trust me, one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be. Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going. He is only one man we are a city, a whole population. Trust me.”

SBR

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”

• Toon Cat

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM

As long as Ashley is there, does it matter ? Talk of new managers, transfer rumours, who cares ? Even if by some utter miracle he lured Rafa back — back to what ? More grim years of relegation battles at a threadbare and dysfunctional club ? I mean – really – unless and until Ashley goes what is the point ?

• Ron Knee

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:14 PM

Somebody tweeted:

“Great news so since it’s BZG’s fault that Rafas gone, Ashley won’t have an issue getting him back once the takeover has fallen through.”

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:14 PM

Robleenio,

Where have the European nights gone?

Great as they were and as much as I’d wish those nights back again let’s not kid ourselves they were the norm.

We haven’t won the League since 1927.

We haven’t won the FA cup since 1955.

We’ve never won the League Cup.

The last trophy, the Fairs Cup, was won in 1969.

I’ve had far more years of watching crap in my time – especially in the old 2nd division – than I’ve had the glory days of Keegan and SBR.

Ruined would be back to a no hope Champs club going nowhere or worse still a 1st or 2nd Div club where a good few former 1st Div Prem clubs are now.

It’s not me who is being pedantic it’s you.

And how you can call anyone pedantic when you cam out with that arrogant nonsense about your ownership of the word shiekhover is a laugh in itself.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:15 PM

This could do with a repost again.

ronaldo aarons
    Jun 29, 2019 at 1:25 PM
    Thread on twitter I feel is worth posting.

tfandy1892

In the 12 years since Ashley bought NUFC, our average net spend per season is £2.4m. In the 12 years prior to his arrival, our average net spend per season was £10.2m, more than 4 times as much.

In the 12 years since Ashley bought NUFC, our average league position is 14th. In the 12 years prior to his arrival, our average league position was 8th.

In the 12 years since Ashley bought NUFC, we have not progressed beyond the 4th round of the FA Cup. In the 12 years prior to his arrival, we reached two Cup Finals, two Semi Finals and two Quarter Finals.

In the 12 years since Ashley bought NUFC, we’ve had one Europa Cup appearance. In the 12 years prior to his arrival, we played in the Champions League 3 times, reached the semi final of the UEFA Cup once, the Quarter Finals twice and won the Intertoto Cup.

When Ashley took over NUFC, we had the third largest ground in England. We now have the 7th largest.

In the 12 years since Ashley bought NUFC, the ground has been renamed SportsDirect.com@StJamesPark and Sports Direct Arena. In the 115 years prior to his arrival, it was St James’ Park.

If Ashley had merely maintained the annual income at the level he inherited (with the TV money uplifts), NUFC would have generated another £271m. Enough to pay back his loan two and half times over.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:16 PM

I have heard Rocket Surgery used many, many times. It has an entry in the Urban Dictionary and even has a t-shirt. But Tsunki coined it, Give me a break. Oh, did you coin that as well?

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:17 PM

There is no such thing as a rocket surgeon, you are thinking of a rocket scientist, stop arguing and change the record.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:18 PM

Tsunki, bills son – how do you think Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea etc fans would be feeling right now if it was them?

You are asking the wrong question.

Ask Boro, Sland, Hpool, Leeds, Blackburn, Sheff Wed, QPR, Millwall, Portsmouth fans where they would rather be.

Ask any fans of clubs outside of the Prem where they would rather be.

Ask them if they would rather be where they are with canny owners or we are are with Ashley.

I think I know what the answer would be – where we are.

And for those on here who say they want us to be relegated this season so we can be rid of Ashley – they cannot, cannot be fans. It guts me a losing a game never mind getting relegated, plus getting relegated devalues the club and makes us LESS LIKELY to get the new owner we want.

With the money sloshing around from Sky and players values rocketing I don’t think £350M is a high price to pay for a club with 52,000 fans turning up every week – pray God BZG or some other GENUINE big rollers think so too and get us bought asap.

• Lovem or Hatem

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:18 PM

@ mickey

How do you l know Rafa is not coming back and are you 100% certain?

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:20 PM

You have to click “OK” in the above link to see the Rocket Surgeon t-shirt. It is a well known expression deliberately confusing too well known terms for a brainiac.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Gadgees, chill out, BZG aren’t as think as you think – ever thought they always had the measure of ashLIE and are doing everything to belittle and humiliate him?

Watch and learn my son – as some bloke probably said at some juncture.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:22 PM

two

• DubaiMicky

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:22 PM

*thiCk as you think LOL

Wine and typing – gotta love it.

• TomaKaThor

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Il shave my hair off and eat it if that so called twitterr from nufc was real and we get an announcement later, im so confident its nonsense i am going to go out on a pointless walk with the misses instead of waiting around for it.

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:24 PM

There is no job title of rocket surgeon. It was erroneously applied as a title for rocket scientists back in the 40’s-60’s so it’s not even an original saying, unless you’re claiming to be the one who came up with it 80 odd years ago in Los Alamos America.

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Tomaka…. pointless walk lol. I take it she drags you out walking against your better judgement then? Lol

• ChicoUSA

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Bill Son
    Why not get yourself an Avatar image? It is not “rocket surgery”… 😉

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:27 PM

I coined the phrase “Howay the Lads”. I used it with my neighbour’s kids in Chicago many years ago. Nobody here had ever heard it so it must have been me who coined it. Or maybe not.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Bills

You can’t say anyone wishing relegation isn’t a fan I’d defo take it if it meant getting rid of Ashley I’d even take league 1 if it meant we would be rid of that leech. Each to there own but I for one won’t be attending any games or watching a stream at all until he is gone if the unthinkable happens and we are stuck with him

Micky

They 100% knew what they were walking into it’s one of the reason I still have hope I believe they anticipated his every move. I keep believing

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Irish Rob: it is deliberately combining 2 terms for brainiacs for comic effect and is in common use.

• Toon Cat

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Article in the Mirror by Stan Collymore (not someone whose opinion I normally rate) being less pro-Ashley than the Mirror usually is and saying the time has come for NUFC fans to finally drive Ashley out of the club ..

• Diddly

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Still can’t work out why announce Rafa early no need to do it.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Soemone on twitter pointed out that nufc.co.uk alway put #nufc on their posts and the claimed tweet did not, suggesting it’s a fake, enjoy your walk in peace ThomaKa Thor.

• hibbit

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:31 PM

it’s quite amazing reading through today’s blog just how many so call nufc fans are praying that this deal falls through in order to collect a few brownie points

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Diddly…. There is if you are MA trying to prove a point to Rafa.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Relegation would make it less likely for the club to find a buyer. Relegation to League 1 would put us where Sunderland are with a crap team and chancers for owners. Be careful what you wish for. I have seen this argument before that relegation would lead to Ashley leaving and we have proof that it doesn’t.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:35 PM

hibbit

If that’s true they are no fans at all

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:36 PM

Get Rashid off.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Tony

I don’t think it would come to that I think he would cut his losses before that but I’d certainly accept a relegation this season to damage him

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:37 PM

@9 Is one of the most compelling posts I’ve ever read on here, fittingly on one of Ed’s best stories.

Particularly, “in the 12 years since Ashley bought NUFC, our average net spend per season is £2.4m. In the 12 years prior to his arrival, our average net spend per season was £10.2m, more than 4 times as much.

In the 12 years since Ashley bought NUFC, they have received £830m in TV money. In the 12 years prior to his arrival, they received less than £200m.”

Dismal, dismal, dismal, dismal football club owner. Desperately need rid of him.

• hibbit

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Mund
    its there in black &white just read back through today’s posts !!!!!!!!!

• eltoon

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:41 PM

The term is … its not rocket science not rocket surgeon lol.

I have a gut feeling the sale is still on and all the pieces of info and the tweets will make sense once they are pulled together after the sale. If the sale does not happen it will only be the fault of fatty, no one else. I am the eternal optimist

• scott

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:43 PM

Micky

You seem all confident & upbeat again,I like this!

• Tony Baloney

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:43 PM

Our best chance to get rid of Ashley is now. When he can get good money because there is no chance of relegation. 42 days to Arsenal and each day makes a takeover less likely because the buyers are less likely to shape the team into what they want.

• Diddly

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:43 PM

Rob I will put it down to a drunken spur of the moment thing

• Tony Baloney