web analytics



Report – French Consortium In Bid For Newcastle United



The Sun are reporting of a new group that is seeking to buy Newcastle United. They are said to be a French Consortium and are rivaling the Bin Zayed Group and a group led by Peter Kenyon for the purchase of Newcastle.

It was the Sun’s Justin Allen who broke the news of the takeover attempt by BZG in late May. Though Allen still maintains that the take over is progressing, this new revelation brings some doubt as to how far along the Bin Zayed group are in their attempt.

We had heard in multiple reports that the Bin Zayed Group has yet to achieve exclusivity in talks with Mike Ashley. This would mean that other groups could still be in the running to purchase Newcastle.

Chief among these claimants on non-exclusivity is the Times’ George Caulkin who late last week reported that Rafa Benitez would walk away from Newcastle. A prediction that turned out to be 100% accurate.

The Sun’s Ken Lawrence is reporting that the unnamed French Consortium were preparing a bid to purchase Newcastle. The report, however, also claims that they are reconsidering this bid in the wake of Rafa Benitez’s departure from the club.

Rafa Benitez– the French, they love me

This is what Lawrence writes about these new breaking developments:

 

A new consortium was understood to be preparing to rival the Bin Zayed Group who announced last month that they had come to terms with owner Ashley.

The Arabs’ bid, led by Sheikh Khaled and revealed exclusively by Sun Sport, has not moved on.

A French group had been in the process of trying to move in instead but are now having second thoughts after Benitez walked away.

They believed that under the guidance of the Spaniard Newcastle were an attractive proposition.

 

Keeping in mind that this report is from the Sun who broke the story and have maintained that the takeover is progressing. This is somewhat concerning in that Lawrence claims that the “Arab’s bid, has not moved on”. This would counter what Justin Allen had been reporting just this past Tuesday.

It may be that the BZG takeover has in fact stalled over the past week which would be devastating for Newcastle United supporters. Though reports of a new consortium to free us from the clutches of Mike Ashley would provide an injection of newly discovered hope.

The troubling aspect here is that the French group may now be put off due to Rafa Benitez not being the manager. If this is true, then that would be like a chainsaw to the gut for the fans, as a punch would just not be comparable.

This report of a French Consortium is a bit dubious as there are no names mentioned but we need Mike Ashley out of this club. Even if this would mean a new French contingent at Newcastle United we would welcome it. Though we would hope they don’t get any ideas with those half Newcastle/half French National team strips doing the rounds in 2013.


23 comments so far

  • davo

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:50 AM

    Comment #1

    I personally don’t think Ashley’s home should be off limits, peacefully of course. Few songs and banners at the end of the driveway never hurt anyone. He’s got thick skin so we’re told.

    27
  • geordietom

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:52 AM

    Comment #2

    french owners now oh no ( pun intended ) not more frogs

    13
  • carltoon

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:52 AM

    Comment #3

    Plus he’s in America. So he’ll be less bothered. Mind it looked like a peaceful protest. Would hate anybody to be hurt.

    5
  • carltoon

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:54 AM

    Comment #4

    Tom I wish I was 21 again. I feel 100 with all the hate and the turmoil.

    2
  • Tony Baloney

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:55 AM

    Comment #5

    This is getting silly now.

    2
  • Macas

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:56 AM

    Comment #6

    davo – It doesn’t just target Ashley, it targets his family as well, and that is totally unacceptable. That one particular protest might have been peaceful, but what if next time a load of drunken fans turn up and things kick off?

    6
  • Tony Baloney

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:57 AM

    Comment #7

    I am sure Ashley has security.

    2
  • carltoon

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:59 AM

    Comment #8

    It looked like security did turn up.

    1
  • Tony Baloney

    Jun 30, 2019 at 2:00 AM

    Comment #9

    Lesh: I won’t be on as much when the cricket ends. Been getting up at 4am and there are ads between every over. You can then get back to pulling the wings off flies instead of bothering me.

    1
  • geordietom

    Jun 30, 2019 at 2:00 AM

    Comment #10

    Carltoon …

    i answered 2 threads back ED and his son keeping us on out toes tonight …

    your comment @ 4 i know exactly what you mean pet …

    2
  • geordietom

    Jun 30, 2019 at 2:03 AM

    Comment #11

    Macas …

    peaceful is the best way i think . then we cant get slagged of drunken geordies …

    3
  • carltoon

    Jun 30, 2019 at 2:04 AM

    Comment #12

    Yes answered two threads back before I realized we had moved on.

    0
  • geordietom

    Jun 30, 2019 at 2:04 AM

    Comment #13

    off even

    0
  • geordietom

    Jun 30, 2019 at 2:07 AM

    Comment #14

    Carltoon …

    you said the other day you are 5ft 1…

    wor lass is 5ft she goes mad with people saying your small your tiny . her answer is no i’am petite shuts them up

    2
  • Essex Geordie Bill

    Jun 30, 2019 at 2:19 AM

    Comment #15

    Had a short online rpg session and fell around a million comments and several threads behind.

    Right catchup time.

    Tynemouth.
    No I don’t think Catchy has been over critical of Rafa, yes he has been critical but what he has said I think is fair and reasonable, is Rafa above any criticism, seems to me that anyone who dares to question his decisions is a witch and faces the inquisition. That to me is illogical and totally unfair.

    One fine day
    I have no problem with toon22s agenda, I agree with what he wants, what gets up my nose is his attacks on honest loyal Toon fans. His shill accusations set him up for ridicule, frankly he reaps what he sows. Apparently I’m a shill cos i have Essex in my moniker. Defend him as much as you want, that’s your choice and I respect that.

    Carltoon

    God I wish I was 70 again, mind you I’ve been told I look around 15 years younger than I am, but not sure if people are just being nice to me.

    I do know who are 10 to 15 years younger than me an they seem to be mentally and physically much older.

    I think much of ageing is in the mind, think young to stay young and more importantly stay active.

    2
  • IrishRob

    Jun 30, 2019 at 5:14 AM

    Comment #16

    If Ashley is throwing BZG under the bus you can be guaranteed they wont be getting NUFC. It was nice while it lasted.

    0
  • Toonmania

    Jun 30, 2019 at 6:58 AM

    Comment #17

    Ashley is back from the USA anyone that keeps mentioning it he arrived back on Wednesday and the first thing he asked for was an update to the BZG progress, also when the protest was happening outside his house yesterday Ashley wife ex-wife was at home and I’m told by reliance security she’s the one that called the security guys, lets keep those protests up if we piss the wife off maybe she can force him to get rid of NUFC as we all know how we are all really pointed in the right direction by the ladies in our lives

    13
  • captainmarvel

    Jun 30, 2019 at 7:31 AM

    Comment #18

    How can the “fit and proper ” test mean anything? It is a falacy and another thing how does everything Ashley has done lies, misled etc not fall within “bringing the game unto disrepute”? It means nothing, Ashley is getting away with murder of a football club and the authorities do f,all..

    3
  • captainmarvel

    Jun 30, 2019 at 7:40 AM

    Comment #19

    The Chronicle does nothing to help the situation either it diverts attention away from the real issues by the “new manager” tack that only helps to take the heat off Ashley and Charney instead of a. The takeover, b.The lies…

    8
  • rais

    Jun 30, 2019 at 8:25 AM

    Comment #20

    another story for buy newcastle???
    so who next? Africa company want to buy Newcastle???
    tired to read without progress…..every year I hope that Newcastle can be top 4 or champion…..

    2
  • magfry

    Jun 30, 2019 at 11:11 AM

    Comment #21

    Typical Sunday gossip unreal. There will be no takeover at least for the upcoming season and we will have to follow the team biting our nails and knuckles throughout. We are in the brown stuff

    http://www.sport.lol

    0
  • sam down south

    Jun 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM

    Comment #22

    Haven’t posted for years – but this nonsense from Ashley needs to be looked at.

    [1] BZG waited until we couldn’t be relegated and put a bid in. This makes sense – buy the club early and then have time to get it organised, improve the squad and be ready for the next season

    [2] 8 weeks have gone by – no players have been bought or sold – and now the club has lost Rafa and are certainly far more likely to be relegated next season. In short the value of the club has decreased since April.

    [3] What is the reason for the delay? (a) BZG don’t have the funds (Ashley would have asked for proof at the very start so this isn’t likely), (b) Ashley is haggling – maybe asking for free advertising, free shirt deals (BZG presumably haven’t agreed).

    My own thought is Ashley thinks the buyers are loaded and so wants top dollar. If I was BZG i would be annoyed with Ashley and so simply string him along – I would decide there isn’t time to buy and get a manager and players and so would wait until next year – frankly BZG can look at lots of other clubs such as Villa, etc.

    I reckon BZG have called Ashley’s bluff. Ashley now has to find a new manager (with a long expensive contract) and then give the new manager a budget and the club will be worth less and far more likely to be relegated. Ashley lost +100 million on Debenhams and has probably just lost another 100million on the value of nufc.

    1
  • beefman13

    Jun 30, 2019 at 1:20 PM

    Comment #23

    Ed keeps saying Rafa walked away, Rafa’s demands were not met and MA’s offer was not taken up, the instruction by Rafa’s representitives must have been that’s our offer take it or leave it.
    Reports saying Rafa wanted to stay, I believe that without doubt, and was waiting further negotiating in the final week did not materialise as hoped but the bluff was already in and called by Mike, High stakes poker at its highest.

    1


You must log in to post a comment.