web analytics

First Tweet After Rafa’s Statement Highlights Mike Ashley’s NUFC

So Newcastle United have taken the opportunity to follow Rafa Benitez’s heartfelt message to Newcastle United fans with an advertisement for them to purchase the new home shirt.

This is what they have just tweeted out:

This tweet is an absolute disgrace. This club either doesn’t understand the dire predicament they are in or they don’t care.

It underlines what this club is all about under Mike Ashley and that is revenue. They don’t care about the fans one iota.

Whether they are oblivious or this advert was meant as a crass jab at Newcastle supporters, it highlights our current situation.

Newcastle United is run like an offshoot of Sports Direct. That is why Mike Ashley bought the club.

This is Mike Ashley’s statement and it is his only care in this world – Buy my stuff!

• NezzaNUFC

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:56 AM

New manager to be announced before this weekend!

R**a 🙂

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:57 AM

KBA has been posting here for 12 year,and will think they will be posting for another 12

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:58 AM

So it turns out Moyes contract has ended with Man Utd (if he wasn’t sacked of course). Pardew still got another year left on his 8 year deal!

• toxic lollie

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Repost
    Regardless of whether people thought rafa’s coaching style was good or bad (it doesn’t really matter now), I think he bought Newcastle City and the many fans worldwide together and gave them hope in dismal times.. Me alone, I’m happy for the time he’s been here because I had hope for a brighter future & I thank him for trying to achieve that for us! God knows where we would be now if Pardew or company was still here?

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:59 AM

I dont mind who they announce

They will toe the party line,have 0 ambition and wont ever blame MA for anything

You fancy the job Munster ?

LOL

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:01 AM

Rafa gave us the hope that we needed to see that we could succeed, he showed us the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Now he gives us the strength that we need to succeed in the fight against ashley.
    Now we must fight, march, boycott the man. The city needs to come together. Show your support.
    A sea of black and white laying your toon top under sir Bobby’s statue to mark the death of the toon.
    You can tell us no to a boycott, we’ll say yes.
    Tell us to stop. We say go.
    What ever ashley tells us will be a lie fight against it.
    Its not your toon hasnt been for a long time.
    Take back sjp.

• #Don’tBuyTheShit

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Fcuk off Ashley!

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Yes Tony its not a word I would have used now that I know what it refers to

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:03 AM

They dont live there,they have to go in about out like everyone else

😉

• one fine day

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Munster
    I did
    accepted
    Apologise for calling you a twat .
    Today has been sh@t day for all concerned
    Let’s draw a line and move on

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Hiya KBA

How long do you think itll take to blow over this time ?

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Well Hibbitt, they wont be as good as Rafa, unless we get the Sheik in . But we have some reasonable players and a solid support playing in a money league, Plenty of foreign coaches will fancy us but I dont think Charnley will know where to look or where to go for help. He has no idea and needs outside help. Thats why we ended up with McClaren. I aint giving up on BZG yet.

• toxic lollie

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:07 AM

Toon22

I’ll take the job for a couple of mill.. I know f**k all about football tactics so I’d fit it perfectly for the fat one!

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:07 AM

One Fine Day, fair enough guv. Today doesnt feel particularly bad to me – it was worse when they announced rafa was going . I didnt expect a turnaround. But if bzg come in, what a move it would be to reinstall Rafa with some bucks.

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:08 AM

Yeh

Maybe they will buy us on Friday,or Monday maybe the week after

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:09 AM

toxic lollie

LoL

• DubaiMicky

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:09 AM

The darkest hour is just before the dawn gadgees.

It’s the hope!

Look, nothing has materially changed with the Rafa statement, we all knew what he said was true aeons ago, we have to hope now that a takeover is imminent, it would appear we’ll know something later this week.

Keep the faith lads and lasses, we WILL get OUR club back.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Status Information:

The fault has been rectified and Munster has resumed normal operation

Thank you for your patience.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:10 AM

Anyone going to buy “Rafa’s Shroud” NUFC Kit?

No, me neither.

#notanotherpennymike.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Munster,
    No shortage of good managers??? The last time Churnley was tasked with finding a manager he allowed Carver to sabotage the club for five months while waiting for McLaren to get sacked. Get it in to your head, Rafa was an exception to the rule, do you honestly think an ambitious manager is going to come in after the way they’ve treat Rafa???

• Australian Pie

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:12 AM

I think BZG had every intention of buying us, but with how everything has happened the past week we are stuck with Ashley.

Oh what could have been with Rafa and new owners.

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Toon 22, I’ve coached teams and captained one , but sorry mate I cant help. Charnley has to reach out to someone in football now to help him find someone . Try to draw up some criteria ( eg an innovative coach who can work with a low budget) and get a few names down and start looking attheir histories as coached and what they stand for in terms of football philosophy. Id love a guy like Conceicao if what i have read of him tactically are true. I think we need to look to the continent where managers are coaches in reality. If we get a Pulis, I’ll obviously keep supporting NUFC but might start to support Munster Rugby even harder!

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Did I miss the 5;00am queues outside Club shop waiting for it to open?

Haven’t seen papers yet apart from the ridiculous DM headline which made me think there was a 2cnd statement from Rafa – tells you all you need to know about tabloid journalism and clickbait.

On new shirts I would hazard a guess that they will be the slowest and lowest sales ever unless and until a new owner arrives holding one up on pitch

• Ron Knee

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Wormtongues out in force this morning.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Unsurprisingly Ashley’s vehicle is going to push for grim resignation among the masses.

Ashley – “does it hurt, Geordie?”

Geordie – “Only when I laugh, Mike. Only when I laugh”.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:15 AM

Rafa actually approached the club. Do you actually think this lot could find another manager like that AND persuade him that it’s worthwhile? Ha ha. Ha ha ha.

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:15 AM

Jail, stranger things have happened. Are u telling me there isnt a young european coach out there with a lot of self belief who thinks ” I could treble my salary at NUFC , play some football, get a few results and i wud have 52000 fans on my side. If they sack me, everyone blames the tight owner” . Im not writing it off that we are getting Mark Hughes etc.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:15 AM

Thanks Blofal and munster.

He was black and white through and through and at least he had the 50’s with Jackie Milburn to remember fondly.
    His last words to me were howay the lads!

On a happier note someone said some connection between BZG and Arteta. I dismissed it as BS, however, as much as I love Rafa and will miss him enormously, I think out of any potential replacements Arteta could be the most exciting going forward, if we are under new owners. I know Arsenal were very keen on him last season.

• stopper

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM

This is indeed a very said day with Newcastle in turmoil.

If indeed there is not takeover the question is how to drive Ashley out and how far are the fans prepared to go in doing so?

Any organised unrest will without double have a severe detrimental effect on the team and players which is likely to result in us dropping out of this league and even following Sunderland into League 1.

However this may well have to be the price we have to pay to eventually see the back of this parasite.

Many on this blog claim that the only way to get rid of him is to follow other clubs and have a stadium boycott or planned walkout of the supporters at a given time.

I totally get the visual effect that this would achieve and the associated bad publicity that this would mean for our owners beloved
    Sports Direct.

The problem with this is that organiationally it would be very difficult and not all season ticket holders will do this. For this reason match going season ticket holders get a measure of criticism as it is seen as them still lining the owners pocket and not acting.

If we are to prepared to suffer anything to get rid of Ashley I would like to put forward another approach.

Instead of shouting and chanting for Ashley to GET OUT OF OUT CLUB which we know has not effect a softer individual is targeted instead. The manager whoever this may be.

If there are RAFA fags, RAFA chants and the crowd make it known that this club is truly a poisoned challase for any person stupid enough to work for Ashley we could drive away future potential managers because who would want to put themselves through that.

Hopefully when Ashley tries to appoint someone he will be no takers and as a result the club is just as likely to drop those same leagues the same as we would if there are boycotts.

I feel that this would have a greater chance to succeed as the crowd already has the RAFA flags and the passion for that he stood for and together with the growing resentment for the owner at an all time high the crowd could make NUFC unmanageable until there are new owners installed.

I do feel some sympathy for any new management team as this isnt their fault however I do fetl they are the soft underbelly of this dire situation.

• one fine day

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM

Munster
    That is the stuff of dreams
    Ashley dosen’t do dreams so will delay anything just to spite us.
    I hope Rafa gets the national job with Spain .
    He knows how to put broken things back together

• toxic lollie

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM

I’m with Dubai on this.. no one has made any disclaimers yet so maybe it will happen!

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM

ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha.

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:17 AM

Tsunki, its more likely they will get a drone, but Im not making that decision until i see an appointment. For example, I’d take Arteta after what he has learned under a man considered the best modern football coach. If he could keep the core togerher and maybe add 3 players worth 20 mill each, we might do ok? Im just going to hope for now. And im not giving up on bzg either, although most have it seems.

• toxic lollie

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:19 AM

I’m open to coaching the toon, Aussie Rules style?

• toxic lollie

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM

Without the hands of course.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM

I’m not backing any manager until Ashley is gone, regardless of who he is. He will be a fall guy for a tat shop profiteer. As such he will not have my support for his cynical acceptance of the regimes plan. Ashley must go before anything can function again as it should.

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM

Rotunda, my God mate that’s very touching. My step father died 3 years ago and my father died when i was 3 and both were ( and still are) huge losses. Lets hope for some good news to keep your spirits up.

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:22 AM

Tsunki dont be ridiculous man. Give a new manager a chance for goodness sake. Do u support the shirt , the black and whites? Or are you so obsessed that you just hate Ashley. That’s off the wall mate sorry, you can do both.

• Just a fan

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:23 AM

Arteta is totally untried and if he wasn’t working under pep he wouldn’t get a mention.

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:23 AM

Difficult day 🙁

Some unrealistically expecting Rafa to come out with rallying cries and bombshells and feeling disappointed

Others hoping for some clear indication that there was definite takeover in background.

About a week ago now that bombshell announcement was made and we seem no nearer to any kind of clarity nevermind resolution.

The 3 year old dam that Rafa was single-handledly holding is creaking and it isn’t clear how long it can hold .

Today’s news neither brought reinforcements to shore it up nor the expected high winds to increase the water pressure.

Watching and waiting