web analytics

George Caulkin Along With Sky Sports Confirm Rafa To Be Next Coach Of Dalian Yifang

Sky Sports has just confirmed earlier reports that Rafa Benitez will in fact take the job as manager of Dalian Yifang in the Chinese Super League.

Here is a tweet they have just sent out:

This information also has been confirmed in an interview by George Caulkin in the Times.

Here is his tweet with a link to the interview:

Here is another tweet confirming that Rafa is in fact in China right now signing for Dalian Yifang.

We are happy that Rafa will have an opportunity to coach in China though we feel that it is a tragedy in that he will not be coaching at the top level and also for Newcastle that they have lost out on a great coach.

He will join ex-Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik who is currently with the Chinese club.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:05 PM

Danish mag, bang on the button, but we can’t let our hatred for Ashley to alter facts. It takes time to find a new manager. He simply hasn’t had time yet. That said, it’s time the knacka came out and made a statement. Tell us wtf is happening with manager search and the sale – or no sale. Everything’s gone tits up.

• Markaccus

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:05 PM

OO

Exactly right. Still hasn’t stopped the knackers from crawling out the woodwork.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:06 PM

stick with me toon22
    or
    Average
    or
    Tuff
    whoever you are
    I’ll make a decent blogger of you yet

• Mindshaft

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Clearly Rafa had been in talks , he clearly wanted Ashley to give him a 3 year contract, upgrade the infrastructure at the club and let him have more say in transfers.
    How else is the club going to move forward … By all accounts nobody including staff and players know anything about what’s going on with bzg including Rafa

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Mark

It pains me to say it but are they even fans?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:08 PM

OO: I think we all know that Rafa had reached the end of his tether after 18 months of contract negotiations and false promises. We all know who is to blame.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:09 PM

The way I feel now is if there isn’t a sale before the window closes we’re Funked.

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Perfect post there Optimistic Oryx , @38. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

• WLtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Interesting to hear Sir John Hall on the news tonight. he thinks the Bin Zayed are borrowing money left rnd centre to try and buy the club. thats very worrying .

• Yorkgeordie

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:10 PM

When the club announced that Rafa was going, I was a bit surprised when the
    club went out of there way to say all of his staff were leaving as well.It makes more sense now and I woulldn’t be surprised if the staff were going with him,which probably means means it was all done by then

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Well, Rafa will get a lot wealthier but will he be satisfied staying there long? I doubt it. Two years tops then back to European football with another 24 million in his pocket.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM

My eyes would mist and my voice would crack
    if I was offered a 3 year contract @ £25m pa
    tax free with a suite in a 5star hotel for me and
    my family.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM

It is sort of ironic that Rafa was looking to his future and setting up the China deal whilst Charnley was doing what? They said they were not considering other options. Negligence. If Rafa could see this coming then they should have as well. It points to a takeover and yet they are saying they are doing a Manager search.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

• ctommo

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM

I don’t get this Steven Gerrard Hoo Haa. He’s done fk all at rangers in his first year apart from beat celtic once and manage to get the teams worst disciplinary record in history.

Rafa will surely have told stevie to stay well clear.

• fairscup

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:12 PM

MrMojoBinRisin76 – comment no. 30 fcuking brilliant

• Lovem or Hatem

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Don’t know what to think at the moment – I really hope the takeover is still on!

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:12 PM

I dont know what’s doing my head in more this sale shite or the pissed idiots next door screaming at Alexa.

Youd never guess they are a retired middle class couple, they party like no one I know, been going since Friday.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:14 PM

The £12m pa was an opening offer

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:15 PM

I am not worried about BZG borrowing money to purchase NUFC. They have the assets to back it and can take their time to sell them to repay a loan. It would be worrying if they were relying on club profits to repay any loan because that would limit transfers. Mau U and Liverpool have done this but make a lot more money than us.

• Yorkgeordie

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:16 PM

I was going to ask if anyone knew the tax situation

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Optimistic Oryx
    a retired middle class couple in Denton ?

are you sure /

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:17 PM

😀

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Essex

many thanks, much appreciated.

Munster,

It’s an accumulation of 12 years of hurt and pain and not doing anything, knowing what we know, isn’t really an option any more. Yes Rafa going hurts like hell, but the bigger picture is if Ashley is still here he is openly taking the p–s out of fans and at some point enough is enough, ie voting with your feet, because if you don’t you’re condoning and continuing to allow everything the evil, sick, vindictive b—t—d is doing / has done to us.

Toon 44

I think you’re doing a very good job of bringing everyone down yourself.

• IrishRob

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:19 PM

Wow I wouldn’t have believed for a second Rafa would go to China. I mean it’s only double what he was on at Newcastle and hes got to have at least 50M in the bank already so he 100% doesn’t need money. I’ll believe it when I see him leaving for China.

• geordietom

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:19 PM

jib @ 39…

chupa mi polla = not putting it on mate … blog police and all that …

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:20 PM

dream scenario BZG owners, Wenger D.O.F and Arteta manager.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:21 PM

OO, good on em mate. You don’t stop enjoying life when you get older mate – it just gets harder finding the energy that’s all! Personally I’ve still got energy, just not the body to take advantage of it! 🙂

• Nedders

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:22 PM

Must’ve missed out, how did the takeover go at 1630 today? Or was it yesterday? Or is it tomorrow?

You do get the feeling people need to wake up.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:22 PM

How long to get a manager in with Chutney in charge of it? Probably at least a couple of weeks unless he has been working behind the scenes knowing Rafa wasn’t coming back since Ashley is a useless liar. So whoever is left at the club as a coach good luck!

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Rotunda, you on acid mate? 🙂

• geordietom

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Rafa’s …

only gone for the sweet and sour with pork balls …

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Can’t believe people still cling to the sale lie

It’s not happening

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM

That’s becoming a real problem all right Nedders. This takeover becomes more unlikely by the minute. How long can Ashley pretend to be cooperating with the sale? To me, the long we go without some kind of club statement the less likely the sale is.

• geordietom

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM

cant believe the green one is still wittering his shite …

• WLtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:25 PM

Smacks of the Kenyan scenario all over again to me. If a company is as wealthy is as claimed, how come they are struggling to find the money. That does not make sense at all.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:25 PM

See what I did there? Asked if he was in acid then put the acid house smiley? Suit yourselves.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:26 PM

If Rafa has known for weeks that he is going to China then I doubt he has been working on transfer targets. That leaves us even further behind and I am sure Nixon has at least been considering some of Rafa’s picks. We really are in trouble. I thought Rafa was on the Wirral working his contact book in case he stayed. Looks like he was negotiating with China.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:27 PM

If a Suadi Prince can’t raise £350m, the bottom has dropped out of the oil market. I simply can’t believe that and don’t know how SJH would even know that as a fact.

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:28 PM

We are nailed on for relegation next season

• supersholamackemslayer

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Doubt SJH knows anything about BZG finances just rumours he’s been fed by sources at the club which are probably not credible.

Anyway if BZG takeover who do we want as manager?