web analytics

George Caulkin Along With Sky Sports Confirm Rafa To Be Next Coach Of Dalian Yifang

Sky Sports has just confirmed earlier reports that Rafa Benitez will in fact take the job as manager of Dalian Yifang in the Chinese Super League.

Here is a tweet they have just sent out:

This information also has been confirmed in an interview by George Caulkin in the Times.

Here is his tweet with a link to the interview:

Here is another tweet confirming that Rafa is in fact in China right now signing for Dalian Yifang.

We are happy that Rafa will have an opportunity to coach in China though we feel that it is a tragedy in that he will not be coaching at the top level and also for Newcastle that they have lost out on a great coach.

He will join ex-Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik who is currently with the Chinese club.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM

If you’ve invested in BP or Shell – firstly, Shane in you – and second, get out now!! 🙂

• fairscup

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM

No business worth it’s salt has £350,000,000 lying around. They have to borrow on assets or sell them which takes time. If any of it is true of course.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Shane? Alan Ladd anybody? SHAME Ffs.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Geordie Two: would be interesting to see one of those corporate hierarchy charts for NUFC. Charnley at the top and then a blank page.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:31 PM

at least toon22 has learned how to spell relegation

• WLtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:31 PM

If you have 10k in the bank and you want to buy a car for £500, you dont gp and ask your mates for a whip round do you.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:32 PM

Tony, you watching this mate? Massive turnaround from West Indies eh?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:33 PM

My ex-girlfriend was 2nd in charge of HR at The Chicago Tribune. They were taken over by Sam Zell a slug like Ashley and a corporate raider, like Ashley. Her boss only found out he was fired because these idiots did a new corporate hierarchy chart and passed it out to all HR staff. He wasn’t on it!!!

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:34 PM

WLtoon

You do if the 10k is locked into 5 year ISA’s

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:34 PM

WL Toon, indeed no. You get a loan, any bank would give you one – assuming your money was tied up of course.

• The mighty wyn

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:34 PM

Could be that fatash has moved the goalposts again and suddenly wants more upfront than the original plan

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:35 PM

Watching BobbyBee. Mentioned earlier they were showing local landmarks between overs.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:36 PM

Jib

Denton, not me

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:36 PM

Looks like cheapskate Ashley couldn’t afford Rafa.
    Hell of a commute for his family in Liverpool – will they all go over to China for the experience ?

Might also suggest that BZG if there’s any shred of hope in that notion do have their own big time manager in waiting and you can see Mourinho wanting a piece of the action following mentor Sir Bobby to the spiritual home of football.

Mourinho as Dof F, Arteta as Coach ?
    Unlikely

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:37 PM

Jib, surely you’d still get a loan, they’d just charge you interest until it was paid off. There goes your ten grand!!!

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:38 PM

I couldn’t care less who our manager is. My only concern will be who the owner is come the start of the season.

For me its that simple.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Don’t blame Rafa one bit for going to China, what can be worse than working for scum bag Ashley. I don’t doubt he has had offer(s) in front of him for months. Why wouldn’t he be mulling over his future working for a bastard like Ashley. He has probably been doing it for years, never mind months.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Sorry Tony, didn’t read back. Two weeks is a long time to go back and catch up 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:38 PM

When my ex told me that story above it reminded me of this joke.

Private Smith’s father dies and the CO asks the sergeant major to break it to him gently. Sergeant Major lines up the troops and says all those with fathers take one step forward. Where do you think your’re going Private Smith?!

• WLtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:39 PM

That is true of course, just seems to be taking more than too long. if Sir John Hall knows this, how come journos did,nt? Just goes to show that we know nothing of what is really going on behind the scenes.

• geordietom

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:41 PM

jib @ 85…

thats because its one of his alts mate … changed shift …

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:42 PM

WL Toon, that’s the problem matey, Ashley needs to make a statement to give us a clue.

• geordietom

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:42 PM

how would John Hall know that for a fact ? …

answer he dont know nowt …

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Sir john hall tells news at 6 fans they need to move on rafa has gone the check of another money grabbing twat does he not no he caused this by selling to ashley the pot calling the the kettle black me thinks

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Can anyone hate Mike Ashley more than me? Toon22 perhaps!

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:43 PM

This game’s going down to the wire.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:43 PM

I suppose I should change my avatar now Rafa has a new gig.

Probably should change my name to miserable magpie aswell

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:43 PM

Bloody old joke, that, Tony.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Shields Gazette saying they think a statement/ announcement could come as soon as tomorrow (in relation to reddings tweet this morning)

• toonluvva

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:49 PM

I fully expect that Rafa’s agent would have been putting this deal together in the background.

If Rafa had been offered a better deal at NUFC then this would never had happened.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:52 PM

Absolutely right, Sir John Hall for my mind was the cause of all of this. He took the money and ran. New owners should definitely rename that f’ing stand, Tw@t stand might be appropriate with his name under it in small letters.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:54 PM

Bill: I know. Not even sure I got it right but enough to get the gist.

• WLtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:54 PM

Well there is a statement supposedly being made this week by the Premier lge about the takeover, How many is that we were supposed to be getting ? I wont hold my breath

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:56 PM

Bill, the club would be in the Conference now if not for SJH. He spent a fortune on shares to buy McKeag out – far more than they were worth – then bought us the Entertainers and built SJP from the shit hole it was to what it is today. Nobody could’ve known what a tosser Ashley would be.

• DaveD1000

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:59 PM

Well my little Rafa is going to remain on my dashboard in the car and I think I will keep my avatar until we see what comes in through the door

• WarrenBartonCentreParting

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:00 PM

Good luck to Rafa in China, he had somehow brought some hope in the 3 years he was in “charge” well as much as he could be..
    An honourable man who was supported through thick and thin by the majority of the fans. I salute every fan who chanted his name at every game.. I doubt we will see the likes again. Thanks for the memories Rafa.

• beefman13

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:00 PM

We all know the potential of the club, Mike is not prepared to share our views with his money, he while he is here will run the club the way he has the last ten years.
    I think we all knew that, but the vast majority cannot wait to start the abuse, did they expect anything else, I have to admit i did expect Rafa to sign a new deal, I think he might just have done that as well as he has been here for 3 years, knows how the owner works, had more money to spend also in his new contract, I suppose 12million is a lovely cushion to be hovering below you though, anyone want to tell me he has went to China for footballing reasons????

• WLtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:03 PM

Bobbybee
    Agree about Hall,, we were right in it until he came along, the ground was falling to bits and we were heading down the lges. Ile never forget the KK years, We were everyone,s 2nd favourite team and were a joy to watch. he may of pocketed a profit from the club, but at least he gave us a manager and a team to be proud of.

• Return of the Geordi

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:07 PM

John Hall bought the club using fans money with the bonds scheme then sold it to the fat slug at a huge profit while stabbing his mate fat Freddie in the back. He then has the gall to go on the local news and tell us we need to move on and Mike is a good chap really, but the time has come for him to sell; not just to anyone but to someone with the same passion for the club as us. Unbelievable, just another parasite who took our money. The only reason people think he was a good owner was he was lucky enough to have KK as his manager.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:08 PM

Chronicle are doing a Magpie Group Live update. Have to go out and will be over by the time I get back. Should be an interesting read but I will have to keep quiet otherwise the blog bullies will be after me again. We all know who you are!