web analytics

Patrick Vieira Comments On Long-term Intentions

OGC Nice are about to be bought by English billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe and that should be very exciting for all associated with the Ligue 1 club.

That would also include their manager Patrick Vieira who has recently been linked with the open manager position after also being in strong contention in 2015.

Get French Football News have tweeted out the following comments from Patrick Vieira:

It seems that Patrick Vieira will not be leaving Nice for Newcastle. You will be hard pressed to find anyone who could blame him.

Last week after reports surfaced that he would be interested in talking with Newcastle, there was the caveat attached that he would be very concerned about working under Mike Ashley.

This will be a common theme in the manager search. As anyone with an ounce of ambition would not be too excited at the prospect of working under an owner where success on the pitch is an afterthought to selling products.

• Ron Knee

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:38 PM

“The Munster doth protest too much, methinks”

• giimps

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Cheers Ronaldo, maybe the payments for players sold is what they used to repay the loan for Miggy, i suppose wel not know till next years accounts are released

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:40 PM

I’m not usually one to excited too early, but Jib just got me very aroused!!
    It’s happening boys
    : D

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:41 PM

I shan’t support the appointment of Mick Arteta should that scenario become reality

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:43 PM

If we get new owners I’d support any managerial appointment up to and including Al Curbishly

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Jib,

If you click on the PDF

It’s all in relation to “trademarks”. Is there something in this? I dont understand!

• fog on the tyne

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Theres no way a company would clear all debt unless you were shifting it. Lets hope this is more than housekeeping.

I reckon the frogs days are numbered

• Binney

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:46 PM

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:46 PM

Cdog exactly new owners give them the support and whoever they hire i will support.
    Ashley nee way not bothered.
    Who ever he gets in, not bothered.
    Who ever he signs. Not bothered.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:48 PM

There’s a supplemental deed dated today.
    It looks like ownership of copyright and TM’s is
    being shifted to persons yet to be named.

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Genjikai

Anyone brought in under new owners will get my Full support.
    I won’t support any Ashley appointment, manager or players.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Looks like the 1st July is the pivotal date.
    No matter when the transfer date is , the new owners
    want their image rights , TM’s etc. registered today.

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Jib me heart’s beating so fast I think I might have an optimism overload!!

• TonyToon

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Whilst I read the blog avidly almost every day, and now favour it as my ‘go to’ place for NUFC news (chronic-al is a shameful comic), I very rarely post (I needed to update my password to get back in this time as it had been that long) as it appears that a good number of the regulars on here are just sitting waiting to take a swipe at anything or anyone they don’t agree with and to be honest I can’t be ars3d with the hassle. We have some extreme posters (like the friendly frog) and many that make sense and good points and of course all points in between. But I think we all need to agree that this summer things have reached a new low for our beloved club and what we need is some solidarity, I am not saying I am going to instigate or even organise a protest (before anybody asks the pointless ‘what are you going to do question’) I will however give my support and back a campaign that shows that we are together and have had enough of our vindictive owner. I currently hold a season ticket on a 10 year deal (5 years in) and therefore see little point 5 payments into the year cancelling it, I also would urge all other supporters to renew their season tickets with the caveat that they do not attend any televised games until AshLie and his cronies are out of our club, we need to understand that the revenue for season tickets is inconsequential to AshLie and that if you don’t renew somebody else will take your seat, he will discount and entice until he is getting the crowd that he needs to perpetuate the appearance of a full house broadcast on TV around the globe. If all season ticket holders stay out of the ground during televised games that is 32000 empty seats, a well publicised protest before and after the game will keep a lot of other day ticket punters away, this is what ashLie will not want, the broadcasters not electing to show NUFC home matches due to the lack of atmosphere in the ground results in 1. no advertising for his Sh1tty brand 2. no purchase of overpriced food and drink with the resulting masses of wastage 3. no sales in the club shop 4. no program sales 5. no corporate ticket sales 6. companies withdrawing from advertising deals 7. fewer appearances on the TV etc. It would kill me to stay away on televised match days (normally the best atmospheres in the season) but I will still support the local businesses and bars around the ground on match day and will continue to love my team and my city.

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:55 PM

I’m walking outta work and going the pub if jibs prophesy becomes toon reality before 4.30pm

• fog on the tyne

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:55 PM

What you reckon then jib?

Is accountancy your field?

• Wayayman

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM

JIB where you getting this from? Some wee just came out…

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM

I wonder which of our bloggers is Craig Falcus ?
    The wee imp just lifted a direct quote from me and posted
    it on Twatter !!!!!!!

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:57 PM

c-dog
    craig ?

• Muz

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:57 PM

Transfer of trademarks. This is definitely more than just a satisfaction of loan. Also find it odd that in there are all the domain names that NUFC own and overnight, something happened with the official website. I posted earlier this morning that NewsNow aggrigated all the old stories as if they were brand spanking new which means that either NewsNow is broken, (which is possible), or the content has changed sufficiently to be seen as a new post.

Also, the tweet that went out this morning about the club kit and ‘forming an orderly queue’ with a facepalm emoji. That’s not the club taking the mick, that’s someone in the press/relations department making a joke because they’re either quitting in protest or, more likely, getting new bosses soon.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:58 PM

If Jib says it, it must be true

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:01 PM

Bills
    Just seen your reply to me on previous thread.

I just asked if you can name said posters as you seemed so sure of who they were. Not asking you to go back and check. That’s fine.

If it is something you feel you would need to go back and look at then I’d guess that I was right and it was not regular posters but matchday wums.

• Mindshaft

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:02 PM

Jib – you scared him, he already deleted it 😀

• Wayayman

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:03 PM

Ok can we just clarify where this ‘trademarks’ info is coming from? it could be this blog that is repeating it like an echo chamber. Do we have solid info that this is what these changes relate to?

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:06 PM

Mindshaft
    Too late I have his name
    bwahaha (evil laugh)

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Ron Knee

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:38 PM

“The Munster doth protest too much, methinks”

Ron, the beauty of this place is that I couldnt give a monkeys what you think! 🙂

Tsunki, tell us more about your days as a second row number 4.

Tool 🙂

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:08 PM

If it’s one of the N Shields Falcus’s I’ll have him
    nailed in half a day

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Giimps
    From the most recent accounts, Swiss ramble have us down as being owed £43m. Yet also owe other clubs £28m.

• fog on the tyne

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:08 PM

JIB

To be fair he put on he had getting it off here.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Munster
    a second row number 4 Lock
    ffs

• Muz

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:09 PM

It’s a bit more than just trademarks – it’s the licence/rights to put trademarks on specific objects to sell to the public. So it’s less the actual trademark itself but the money that you can make from selling things with an NUFC registered trademark. That would be shirts, coats, lampshades, bed sheets…anything they can slap it on essentially.

That’s only one charge. There’s another that is talking about infrastructure, buildings and machinery which I’m guessing really just means the academy/training ground and any other location the club have control over. Any physical assets that the club owns or derives income from.

• Shoulders knees

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:10 PM

🙂

• Wayayman

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:11 PM

Gulp!

• Wayayman

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:11 PM

And then Ashley transfers it all to Mash Holdings…

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:12 PM

Can someone just clarify if we should be getting excited about this or not lol?

• fog on the tyne

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:13 PM

Any one got the link for companies house pdf’s?

• Muz

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:14 PM

He could transfer it all to MASH, giving himself licence in perpetuity for the merch. However, there’s nothing stopping the club from re-inventing its crest somewhat which while not ideal would be totally worth it to eff fatty up if he tried anything shifty. Also, the logos and other IP need to be re-registered after a fixed period. Dunno if he’d go to those lengths.

• oldarse