web analytics

Rafa Wanted To Stay – Leaving Is An Indictment Against Ashley – Fans React Strongly To Rafa’s Perfect Message

I read the very classy going away message from Rafa Benitez to Newcastle fans this morning and I am devastated – again!

If it wasn’t for Ashley we could have had Rafa signed up for five years and everybody would be dancing in Northumberland Street.

The important piece of Rafa’s message to our fans was the following:

“I wanted to stay but I didn’t just want to sign an extended contract – I wanted to be part of a project.”

“Unfortunately it became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the Club did share the same vision.”

“I’m very sad about that.”

If it isn’t already abundantly clear that’s an indictment against Mike Ashley that he never wanted and never wants Newcastle to be a top six club.

He must sell up and if he comes back – as we expect in a week or two – and says he cannot sell the club we cannot accept that.

He’s got to get oot of  Toon.

Rafa Benitez – Newcastle United’s former manager

Here are some tweets from our fans today:

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:28 AM

There is no question that Rafa did a brilliant job and one of the big plusses for me was that, even during that awful start to last season, I always trusted Rafa to pull us out and keep us up.

However… that wasn’t the same for plenty on here.

Go back to that time last season and you’ll find that some of those now crying the loudest where calling for Rafa’s head, slating his tactics and cringing over his continued picking of ‘useless favourites’ Perez and Ritchie.

The outpouring of criticism and doom and gloom “we’ll get hammered here, hammered I tell ya” on here during matches was constant and plenty were saying we were relegation certainties.

And don’t try and kid me what I’ve written isn’t true. You KNOW who you are.

Yes Rafa was brilliant, and yes I want him back, but he wasn’t perfect (as no manager is) and despite my total respect for the guy,

I didn’t enjoy watching us during the Champs season playing one up front even at home – even though it worked and we scored a fair few goals.

I didn’t enjoy watching us regularly conceding 65%/75% possession never mind to the top teams, even at home, to the likes of Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield and the rest.

I can’t understand why, with the likes of CB’s like Lascelles, Schar, Lejeune and Fernandez, we conceded more goals from dead balls into the box than any other team in the Prem.

I can’t understand why with a skilful speed merchant like Almiron we allowed Ritchie to continually run into his space in the oppo’s half and deny Almiron to show what we bought him for shown by the performances he has just put in for Paraquay.

Does that make me a Rafa hater, does it bollocks.

Does that make me underrate Rafa’s achievements, does it bollocks.

Does that make me believe Rafa is the only manager who can get a performance out of the squad and work within MA’s limitations before MA leaves?

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:30 AM

What do we even follow anymore?

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Bill

Hiya JIB

You’ll find those people who knocked Rafa we’re also PR trying to defend MA by blaming Rafa

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Bills

It’s never MAs fault

• wartongeordie

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:32 AM

have a serious question to ask you all. I ask all loyal fans to like this comment if you would do the following :
    Dont buy the new shirt from NUFC, but buy a plain black and white shirt made in China mass produced with no profit to anyone with a simple “The Real Toon” on the front, this will hurt the fat cockney in the pocket as I think this is the only place he has any feelings, any other suggestions for the writing on the shirt welcome, we could do this with enough support. Please respond.

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:33 AM

The only glimmer of hope was shown the door by MA due to him showing some ambition and getting in the way of MA asset stripping the club

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:34 AM

toon22 – Bill, You’ll find those people who knocked Rafa we’re also PR trying to defend MA by blaming

This blog must be overrun with shills and Ashley’s PR merchants.if that’s the case considering how many have blasted his team selections and tactics in the past.

Of course, being a mackem PR shill yourself you’d know that.

Hiya.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:34 AM

I always thought we were i with a shout of beating anyone under rafa.
    A few more quality 20 mill signing that will be bought for new man anyway, given to rafa would of transformed us to greater heights.
    Ashley is a disgrace, its not sporting what hes doing and for me hes damaging football.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:37 AM

toon 22- Bill, You’ll find those people who knocked Rafa we’re also PR trying to defend MA by blaming

If that’s the case this blog must be overrun with shills and Ashley’s PR merchants considering how many have hammered Rafa in the past for his team selections and tactics.

Being a mackem shill yourself you’ll know that.

Hiya.

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:40 AM

Bill

Your in the same boat as Catchy LoL

Hiya

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:44 AM

If you the newcastle supporters still buy your season tickets you deserve all the shit that coming your way this season off other supporters for not doing enough to keep rafa started in jan so well then you all backed off cause we got one player in are you pleased.

• IrishRob

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Toon22 #3. For once I completely agree.