web analytics

Report – Rafa Benitez To Release Planned Statement On Monday

The Sun’s David Coverdale is reporting that Rafa Benitez will release a statement on Monday about the events that led to him leaving the club. This will be the first Newcastle fans have heard from Benitez in a while as he has remained professional and kept his silence throughout this ordeal.

However if Rafa does release a statement on his first day of officially being unaffiliated with the club and it delves into his troubles with Mike Ashley, you will have to believe that he is absolutely raging inside.

It will be very interesting to see what Rafa has to say as he has always somewhat held his tongue with regards to Ashley even though he has been obviously frustrated with his shenanigans as owner. He has not supported Rafa in the transfer market nor with the infrastructure necessary to move this club forward.

This is what Coverdale writes in his report:

But SunSport understands Benitez is set to release a statement explaining his side of the story now that he is a free man.

Benitez is also thought to be fuming at claims Ashley KO’d talks as potential new owner, Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nahyan, did not want him in charge.

The Spaniard says he left having not been given assurances over transfers and infrastructure — and because he lost all trust in Ashley.

This is quite revealing as reports of Ashley’s claim that Sheikh Khaled and BZG were the catalyst for Rafa’s removal as manager just broke late Saturday. If Rafa is “fuming” at these reports, we may have him publicly call out Ashley’s lie which we would not have expected Rafa to do.

Rafa Benitez– will he blast Mike Ashley?

We knew that Rafa would speak at some point but were under the assumption that he would mainly thank the fans and Newcastle for his time here while just lightly touching on the reasons that a contract agreement could not be reached.

However, it appears that there may be more substance in this pending statement about the contentious contract negotiations than we would have suspected.

It is also revealing that Coverdale writes that Rafa “says he left having not been given assurances over transfers and infrastructure”. This is what was always assumed as the reason until Mike Ashley allegedly threw the Bin Zayed group under the bus.

Due to what Coverdale has reported, we expect Rafa to defend himself a little more vigorously than initially anticipated. We would expect that part of the statement to be brief and to the point, but very clear.

We also expect Rafa to be very effusive in his praise of the Newcastle fans who he understood and grew to love.

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Well looks like we will get some news today

• Online Guy

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:25 AM

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Yes, this looks like it will be very interesting. Especially if Rafa can tell us what Ashley has been up to.

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:30 AM

G2

Not sure how explicit he will or can be? Will find out later this morning ( over here)

• Spellcheck

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:31 AM

Honesty at last. Such a shame it’s come to this, he should be taking the first training session and plotting what could’ve been a positive season ahead. Interesting and stressful times ahead people. The fans everywhere deserve better.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:36 AM

I agree magscar. He may not be able to say as much as he wants to. Ashley will certainly have tried to force Rafa to sign an NDA. Still I’m hoping for some truth to leak out.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:37 AM

Lesh calling someone a troublemaker! I have read this blog for years and knew from the second I came on that no matter what I said I would be criticized by at least 2 people – Lesh and Tsunki.

They consider themselves alternatively the blog alpha dogs and the blog police.

I don’t really think I have said anything out of order. I have said I do not think a boycott will work, although I am not against protests. I have asked that ITKs should come back on after they make statements and be accountable for what they have said. And I have said I think Adil Rashid should bowl on the stumps a bit more or should lose his place.

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:40 AM

Wonder if it will be a statement to all press and tv or just through one? Can’t see it being Sun (despite that paper mentioning the statement ) because as a former Liverpool manager he will know how much it is despised in that city.

Just thinking could be soon if some online outlet wants to scoop it ?

• Online Guy

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:40 AM

This from five to twelve ! Many pages ago !

With Rafas Contract ending in nine mins . I wonder which Newspaper will be hounding him for his story ?

Rafa could now BURY Ashley.

Rafa is not subject to an NDA or a gagging order

Tell it like it is and was Raphael .

Can’t wait for this one .

5 mins.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:40 AM

Who called me JibUSA? Just read the way I write and the way Jib writes. Utter nonsense and just pathetic. You don’t even believe it yourself so why even say it?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:41 AM

I think the main blog enforcer (in his own mind anyway) Tony is Jib/Jane/Jeff. A lot of the aggro is old slights real and imagined. I try not to engage unless it gets downright abusive.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:43 AM

Ignore that stuff Tony. We have quite a few WUMs on here on and off.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:43 AM

Geordie Two: the ones trying to be enforcers with me are Lesh and Tsunki and that was what I expected. Lesh is calling me JibUSA but I expected babytalk from him. As I said I have read the blog for years and knew what to expect and from whom.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:43 AM

I wonder what time this morning the statement will be released?

• Online Guy

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:47 AM

Or 23:55

Ok ok I’m done.

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:50 AM

Tony

If you post thoughts diverging from the accepted view on here you are rarely welcomed as an interesting contributor unfortunately.

I don’t think you are a troublemaker just someone with an independent view and no problem in saying it.

The Blog was colonised a long time ago and newcomers who don’t put out the party line will be viewed with suspicion . Nothing wrong with debate of course but not when it becomes slanging match and insults 🙁

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:52 AM

As to jibusa it’s an easy way to get laughs on here .

Not bad play on words but totally inaccurate.

It will no doubt be used again

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:53 AM

Keep giving us your point of view Tony. We just have to live with people who can’t tolerate a discussion without getting personally insulting.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:55 AM

Magstar: I am trying not to join the Fight Club but if someone spends an hour laying into you (Tsunki last night) then when he writes tripe (he invented the term rocket surgeon) then I will say something to him.

Enough for now though. I want to hear what Rafa has to say.

• magscar

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:58 AM

Tony

Yeah that’s what I was hoping for but time to get some kip as nothing yet on horizon .

Night all

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:00 AM

So Lesh says I should be called Jibusa and then says it sounds like abuser.

What planet are you on you pathetic little man?

Check the last article if you think I am lying. Jesus Christ. How fckn lame can you get.

• Toon Cat

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:07 AM

I’d love Rafa to give us the inside story on the shabby way Ashley has treated him, but I think any statement he makes will be as professional as ususl. Certainly praise for the fans and tribute to the potential of the club with only a brief reference to the circumstances of him leaving. He’s far too classy a guy to ever get into a public argument with a turd like Ashley. But who knows .. they may just have pushed him too far this time.

• Online Guy

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:12 AM

Ashley disrespected Kevin Keegan, he has now disrespected and disregarded Raphael Benitez..

Seriously Decent Honest men, both.

Dennis Wise is a dishonest dirty cheating excuse of a man and Ashley hangs out with him and employed him , what does that tell you ?

The prem are looking into Mike Ashley right now and I expect Ashley will be top of the agenda this week.

It’s the Supportand numbers that attracted Ashley to Newcastle United and the acquisition was done with profit in mind ..not success on the football pitch ..he was attracted by ££££££££££!

I mean you would not see him at Hartlepool or Darlington would you ?

It’s your support that he thrives on ..TAKE THAT SUPPORT AWAY AND HE’S GONE .

Do not attend , DO NOT ! If you take your support away we will be rid of him .

How long are you , yes you Geordie , going to be Ashleys fool ? He is taking the piss . No ambition. Yes men managers is all he wants.

Ashley is in for a rough ride this very week . Let’s make it rougher .

• one fine day

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:02 AM

Just in case anyone is not appreciating what Rafa did for us or forgets how devided and toxic we were before he came .
    The above is worth another look.
    Warning you may feel depressed and wondering once more what might have been
    Same as we feel every time we see man city knowing had it not need for ash lies greed and the manners of a cave man it could have been us.
    He hates us and I think enjoys twisting the knife at every oppertunity
    Oh they love there number 9 let’s sell him to Liverpool
    The fans love Kevin lets force him out
    They adore Rafa ..action as above .
    They worship shearer as the most famous player… Put his statue out side the ground on an old toilet block .
    They want the gallowgate bigger ..we will see about that .
    Thanks Rafa
    Dark days ahead .
    First time in 40 years I have felt like I am done with this shower as they are not my club anymore .

• one fine day

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:05 AM

Someone on here mentioned talking to Jacob murphys aunt the other day and apparently he is quite happy Rafa is gone as he thinks he will get a better chance of games .
    If he has said that then he needs to be called out on it too .
    Yes Jacob you will once we get in the champo again it will be your level .you and ginger jack
    To think when he signed the crap about him and his brother being big fans lol
    What fan is smiling watching Rafa and his whole team walking away ?

• ChicoUSA

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:42 AM

One thing Rafa knows is how much the fans love him and are devastated by the treatment he has received over the years by Ashley. He loves the fans and so I think he may make a statement not about how he has been wronged personally by Fat Mike, but how the owner has betrayed the fans!

He has betrayed our hope for the club. He has betrayed our dreams of having a club in the top tier of European clubs! He has betrayed us by insulting our hero, Senior Benitez himself. Ashley is a plague on the club….a pestilence! I hope Rafa tells it like it is, let the truth fly Rafa!

🙁

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:43 AM

The reality is that Ashley and Benitez was always going to be a difficult relationship. They are both big ego personalities who like to get their own way. Typical of high achievers in their chosen fields. Benitez likes to cultivate the nice-guy image, but if you scratch the surface you’ll find plenty of people who have a different opinion of him. I’m not taking sides – I don’t like either of them – but it was destined to end something like this. Benitez probably came to think he was irreplaceable (that was the vibe he constantly received from fans and the media in the north-east of course), but ultimately he was just an employee and Ashley is the boss, like it or not. There was only going to be one winner when push came to shove.

• newcs

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:54 AM

It’s one game. The obvious answer is boycott. See what comes out of it… maybe nothing… maybe something.. but we will never know if we keep doing the same thing. Time for change… Look at Lazio. They did it, they made change.

We claim we are some of the best supporters in the world… but are we really… do we really care about this club and who we leave it to or do we just want 90 mins of entertainment regardless of the outcome… previous history suggests we just want entertainment. Because if you truly cared you would make a stand.

• jazzyp

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:55 AM

Morning lads.
    Well I think we are all secretly hoping for some good news today and will be interesting to see what Statement Benitez releases

• Mund

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:02 AM

Morning jazzy

This is the day I’ve had pencilled in for some kind of info and with the news last night that Rafa will release a statement at least we will get something today. I don’t think we will find anything out about takeover today but hope I’m wrong. I think it will be Rafa basically saying thank you etc etc but again could be wrong would be good to hear some negativity towards his previous boss but I doubt Rafa will do that.

• geordiemark

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:18 AM

morning all well monday has arrived cant wait to hear what rafa has to say, it will be the truth something us supporters arent used to 🙂

• geordiemark

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:23 AM

Mund

if i was rafa i would let rip all about ashley i wouldnt hold nothing back, be about time that thing was put right, i would call him human but that would be insulting the human race 🙂

• Muz

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:34 AM

Morning all. Today should be an interesting one! Can’t wait to hear the Benitez response of there’s one forthcoming.

On a weirder note, don’t know if any of you are using NewsNow but a little after 3am, NewsNow aggregated a bunch of stories on the official club page. These are all stories that have been up for days that have suddenly been earmarked as new. Server change? Change in ownership of the content? I love a good mystery

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:41 AM

Well thanks G2 for the backup 😐

Tony, there’s no top dogs here but if you come across people who don’t agree with you you have to learn to take another strong opinion. I thought your opinion on boycotts reasoned around apathy and was not helpful to those who wanted a ruin and pointed it out.

I agree with you about ITK’s though. You can’t have ask your stuff approved mate, no need to chuck your toys out 🙂 and don’t let the blog curmudgeons persuade you into their pit of drudgery by sympathising with you, you will definitely end up in a camp there ha ha

If that’s rocket surgery then maybe others can explain. Did you know Ian Dowie was a rocket surgeon and he only lasted ten games here?

Btw search this blog and see anyone else but me and you use the phrase and tell me how common it is. I’ve done a load of typos, why not go and pick up on them they’re a gold mine. There’s also Munster and jibs “rugby grammar game” you can get into that’s a good ‘un. 😀

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:42 AM

A ruin? There’s one already Tony! Action I meant.

• geordiemark

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:43 AM

Muz

its called a huge lack of true journalism plus spreading the ashley bullshit propaganda before rafa let rips

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:45 AM

Well what will Benitez say? A bit difficult to go all guns because it’s not conducive to further employment, slagging off your previous boss publicly is a bit of a permanent marker on the “loyalty” section of the job application.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:52 AM

Don’t just burn it Rafa, blow that bridge to smithereens.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:53 AM

I have no problem with either you or Tony on here Tsunki. I enjoy your posts and discussing the club with both of you. I’m sorry you think I didn’t support you but I have many times on here when you were getting stick. I’ll say it again. I hope both of you continue to comment on here. We don’t always agree but I always think the best way forward is to ignore the personal stuff and just chat about the club and anything else we want to discuss. All the best to you.