web analytics

Reported Transfer Budget Of £50m Plus Player Sales Confirmed In George Caulkin Interview

In George Caulkin’s interview with Rafa Benitez, it was revealed the reported £50m plus players sales was accurate.

This is what Benitez told George Caulkin when the transfer budget was raised:

“I didn’t ask for any money. I just wanted to know how much [there was].

“The club put out some information about the budget being around million plus the money from sales and that was fine. I wasn’t complaining. I knew it was the reality.”

If Rafa had stayed, he could have also gotten an additional £40m in the likely sales of Isaac Hayden and Dwight Gayle. This would make for a very decent transfer budget.

From his comments, there does appear to be a tinge of disappointment with that budget, though it is by far and away the most he would have had to spend while at Newcastle. However, it is still dwarfed by modern-day Premier League spending and is an amount that Newcastle could have easily afforded to at least double.

The transfer budget as we all know is not why Rafa Benitez is no longer at Newcastle United.

It remains to be seen if this same transfer budget will be sanctioned for the new manager. If it is and it also includes player sales, he could have a transfer kitty nearing £150m with the amount of player outgoings these recent events could ignite.

This summer could be very different from the normal in regards to transfers. Mike Ashley will have to give the new manager money to spend or will be risking an even greater chance of relegation than currently exists.

The likely outcome is that there is more money than usual to spend this summer, but precious few players willing to join the Ashley circus.

• Shoulders knees

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:52 PM

No point now.

• Toon44

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:53 PM

Who cares. Rafa certainly doesn’t.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:54 PM

Bill, I know a JCB hiring firm if you want to carry on? I can give you their number. 🙂
    Just give it up eh?

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:55 PM

Let’s agree to disagree, I’m bored now.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Another village got the internet then.

• stan anderson

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:00 PM

Support the team,not the regime eh.
    52000 at the 1st game we deserve what we’ve got.
    ASHLIE OOT

• TomaKaThor

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Yes and that budget would have to go towards players wages aswell, so in reality its very underwhelming, plus he would not be allowed to buy players of a certain age.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:04 PM

Heard it all now. Zaha refusing to even train with Palace. Apparently its his brothers dream to play for Arsenal??? Go figure 🙂

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:06 PM

Click 11.33am post click #NUFCtakeover in Peter redding Capital radio UAE box

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:13 PM

I knew I’d wear you down BB. No problem mate. Hope you are feeling better.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:13 PM

c-dog

Who was I insulting?

• Toon44

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:14 PM

No takeover to happen, just pure bullshite.

• toon22

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:15 PM

“I just have… a little bit of disappointment that I couldn’t go higher,” Benítez told The Times. “I wanted to stay, 100 per cent, I wanted to develop a project… but you have to have the tools. If the people at the top of the club had the same ideas, I would still be here.”

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:19 PM

By the way BB, I have a job already, but JCB are an option. In line with my skill set.

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:19 PM

£50m + player sales sounds ok (not really considering today’s prices)

Not so much when that initial £50m includes players wages and signing on fees.

Not so much when the player sales money received is drip fed i.e sissoko/mitrovic

Not so much when it takes an eternity to sign the player.

Not so much when penfold decides if it’s cost effective beforehand.

Not so much at all really.

Clearly Rafa had enough of the way we conducted business, had enough of the broken promises and lack of investment and clearly had enough of fighting a losing battle for the club to be the best it could be.

They didn’t want success.
    He did.
    They didn’t want cup runs.
    He did.
    They didn’t want to invest in any infrastructure whatsoever.
    He did.

There’s absolutely nothing left to say is their.

It’s that fcuking simple.

Get the fat fcuking leech out of our club!

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:19 PM

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Great looks like the tide is turning for the Ashley supporters. How dare Rafa get a job? The shame of it, not going on the dole and waiting for something to come knocking. The very nerve!

Told you the other day they would start coming out of the earth to nibble away with stories to promote apathy.

Now it’s “greedy Rafa” ha ha these aren’t real fans. Yorkymag is an established wum.

It’s bad enough with “look at me look at me I’m bobbybee, I’m gannin’ te the match, there’s nothing ye can dee!” It’s ok Bobby you don’t need to keep promoting the brighter side of supporting Ashley, if going to watch this desperate SD drone is all you have then we all feel sorry for you and have a great time.

Will you be buying pies and drinks there? And one of those new shirts? Yes I think you will because it’s “all you’ve got” isn’t it?

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:24 PM

Toon22,
    I think we all know this is the case. Rafa had the revitalisation of NUFC in mind, but the parasite didn’t want this. I assume, because he wanted cash available for more high street / failing business acquisitions. I think NUFC revenues are paying for these now, and possibly into the future if this fakeover doesn’t happen.

• Belfast

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:26 PM

Tsunki

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Shush Tsunki.

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:27 PM

50 million plus player sales
    Not even Brighton level

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Essex Bill

The Munster Lad no?
    Maybe you were commenting in jest

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Just got in from the magpie group meeting.
    Going to catch up on the blog then give assessment. In meantime ill answer any questions yous want if i can.

• lesh

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Essex

I saw c-dogs post about you insulting another poster. Haven’t seen the post he referred to but it’s not like you to be anything other than polite.

I saw a post in your name last night and the language used was foul – not like you. Has someone hijacked your name? I had that experience some years ago

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:32 PM

I’ve just heard from a reliable source (my 9 yr old nephew) Nufc are to be bought out by the BFG

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:34 PM

Tsunki, I don’t want your sympathy. Grow up eh?

• yorkymag

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:34 PM

This is a realistic deal with sales would have been about 90 million
    Just confirms Rafa is a bad as the rest
    Greedy man from caldy
    Enjoy China
    I hope they love your attacking brand if soccer

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:35 PM

OO,
    Your nephew, I’m sure is very reliable, being related to your good-self.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Oh yeah, and f**k you too.

• G

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Opt Oryx, imagine the stench of 52000 drinking that green pop that makes you turbo guff? There’s a mental image to cheer me up.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Go away Yorky we know who / what you are.

• VanToonMan

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Lads apologies for the completely off the topic question but a close mate of mine is in Newcastle today for 1 night and was asking for a recommendation for a top notch Chinese restaurant for dinner.

Can anyone suggest? Thanks!

• G

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:38 PM

VTM, any number in Stowell Street. Anything from budget buffett to top class seafood. Tell him not to look down the back lane though.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Chance
    Unfortunately that Midhat is a Pakistani accountant

• VanToonMan

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Thanks for the quick reply G. So anywhere on Stowell street?

• jane

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:40 PM

thanks Genjikai. was Jail there?

• yorkymag

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Why should I go away
    I have a valid point and a clear perspective
    Of course others will take a different view ,but that does not weaken my point of view. Just because it does not follow the view of the pack
    I am not in any way supporting the regime but simply putting an argument forward Tharp Rafa was bloody difficult in the negotiations and clearly was motivated by personal rich rewards , even if he pretended to be driven by different motives

• giimps

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:41 PM

90m , hahahahahaha, we don’t get the full money up front, we’d be lucky to get 6m up front form the 30- 50m player sales, deduct agents fees , loyalty bonuses, clubs deferring payments over 5 years so that would end up being 50-60m, a decent player (striker ) with premier league ability and experience who is better than we have and within the 26 years old ceiling will cost 40m, his wages over the length of the contract say 20m………..need I go on

• yorkymag

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Van toon
    Can’t really go wrong in any of the china town restaurants

• G

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:42 PM

If its Chinese food he wants, thats where you find it in the Toon mate

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Has the Caulking advert been published yet?

1 2 3 5