web analytics

Reported Transfer Budget Of £50m Plus Player Sales Confirmed In George Caulkin Interview

In George Caulkin’s interview with Rafa Benitez, it was revealed the reported £50m plus players sales was accurate.

This is what Benitez told George Caulkin when the transfer budget was raised:

“I didn’t ask for any money. I just wanted to know how much [there was].

“The club put out some information about the budget being around million plus the money from sales and that was fine. I wasn’t complaining. I knew it was the reality.”

If Rafa had stayed, he could have also gotten an additional £40m in the likely sales of Isaac Hayden and Dwight Gayle. This would make for a very decent transfer budget.

From his comments, there does appear to be a tinge of disappointment with that budget, though it is by far and away the most he would have had to spend while at Newcastle. However, it is still dwarfed by modern-day Premier League spending and is an amount that Newcastle could have easily afforded to at least double.

The transfer budget as we all know is not why Rafa Benitez is no longer at Newcastle United.

It remains to be seen if this same transfer budget will be sanctioned for the new manager. If it is and it also includes player sales, he could have a transfer kitty nearing £150m with the amount of player outgoings these recent events could ignite.

This summer could be very different from the normal in regards to transfers. Mike Ashley will have to give the new manager money to spend or will be risking an even greater chance of relegation than currently exists.

The likely outcome is that there is more money than usual to spend this summer, but precious few players willing to join the Ashley circus.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:02 PM

He reckoned put money on a takeover, no way was it Jib, he had a shirt and tie on and no suspenders, he seemed quite certain mind.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Yorkmag.
    As good a theory as anyother shite thats sprouted on here.

• beermonkey

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:04 PM

Bobby

What’s there to stay for at least he will get coached properly there manager might not last the season but he will get a chance there
    If youth is the way they are going

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:05 PM

I watched him like a hawk. He was a deffo ashley shill. Drank loads think he thought i was going to start on him.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Think shes being listening to the prat on talksport too much

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:06 PM

Genjikai,
    Aye, you’re a big cnut, he shut up after you must have stared at him 😀

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Jail, oh yeah. Wondered what you meant there, but restaurants was, changed to resteraunts by my spellcheck. Just done it again 🙂
    So, was I right, was the answer restaurant’s?

• captainmarvel

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:07 PM

For me how I feel now he is gone it’s as if someone in the family has gone..I know the dream has died. I believe we have lost someone who would have made a huge difference if he had been given the chance but without the trust and the lack of respect it was always going to end this way.
    It is pointless people trying to score points off each other hopefully we can move on with a new owner if this is just a pipedream then God help us…

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Truth be told its up to each and everyone of us. Make a decsion support this regime and keep going to the games.
    Or boycott and show how pissed off you really are.
    That is the only way you will get rid of ashley.
    Truthfully thousands should of turned up the night.
    Make your choice do nowt and wait for change if thats what you want.
    Or join the resistance and drive ashley out.
    Enough is enough.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:08 PM

Youngster’s these days don’t seem to fight for anything apart from saving the human race. Terrible considering we have far more pressing issues like saving NUFC. Just joking, possibly.
    I don’t go to SJP anymore; I won’t return until the slug has gone, but just how many young fans go these days? We used to have fights with opposing fans, home and away, and the age range was probably teens to mid twenties. This is the age range that will act if they have the cause.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Lol aye i thought ad get me sly dig in at him. Hope hes right but doubt it.
    Out of curiosity where were u sitting?

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Where you the man in the tie haha

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Beer monkey, I don’t blame him one bit mate. Which was my point. Manure don’t often make that offer twice after all – except in Shearer’s case anyway. 🙂

• MarkBro

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:09 PM

It wasnt soley the budget. It was the way it was spent. Under 29s only… making derisory bids 3 weeks after initial contact was made.
    Relying on player sold to fund any purchases. Leaving positions vulnerable by not adding to a small, weak squad.

The list is endless why rafa got sick, we’re all sick of mikes games. Ive never hated a bloke so much in football

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Bobbybee,
    It was a joke I heard years ago, what do they call Chinese food in China?….. Food, I worked there in a village called Qidong about 1.1M population about six years ago.

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Sean Dyche 20/1 to 6/1 odds tumble

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Bill bingo. Im 27 and im ready for the fight.
    There was about 4 people there my age. Rest older.
    Howare man lads we need to step our game up.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Near the back Genjikai, not far from you, we talked about it being a full time job running the TMG.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:13 PM

It was me that heckled him like jail. So obvious he wasn’t part of us. Muppet.
    Made me think of toon22 when wallace said that someone had contacted the fa and prem to see if ashley was a fit and proper owner.
    Toon22 is that you that’s done that.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Is that motorbike gone yet?

Wum, wum, wum!

Doing my head in.

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Jail, I heard the, same joke years, ago too! That’s, how I knew the answer! 🙂

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:17 PM

Genjikai,
    Remember when I said we need funds as it is a full time job, we briefly spoke, you were very passionate, something needs to be done.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:17 PM

Genjikai,
    You should have read my earlier post about people going into the ghettoes awaiting their fate. It may seem a bit strong, but why would anyone keep putting up with this shite from Ashley? I have been a Toon fan all of my life, and I will not attend a match at SJP until he has gone. I don’t care if it’s a day out with mates or whatever, what is the most important thing, missing a few games and social events or getting rid of the parasite? No contest for me.

• beermonkey

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Genjikai

To get the snowflakes out of there room.you will have to make them an app for them to download they get rewards for chanting and extra bonuses for making banners and posting on social media

Mind you they can’t come out between 11am and 2 as the its to bright for them and mum has the dinner on the table for 6 but worather round that and your laughing

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:18 PM

I actually thought that olg had originally reported him to fa and prem. But then toon22 popped into me head.
    Freaky how repetitive messages may get stuck in your head.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Bobbybee,
    Was it an Edinburgh festival winner or something as it seems to stick in my mind?

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Jail, no idea tbh, I just remember it because it made me laugh.

• magicmac54

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Ashley has turned our great club into a total circus, and the two main clowns Ashley and Charnley are running the circus, what could possibly go wrong? HWTL.

• kilcline

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:25 PM

5th July

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:26 PM

4th July, any more bids

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:27 PM

Aye jail you put your points across clearly.
    There was a few in that room. That could make a difference.
    The guy from the table in front that suggested about the 10k twitter followers donating just a quid to the cause.
    The bloke from the middle of the room probly in his 30s who was kicking off abit he gets it.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:27 PM

3rd July

• The mighty wyn

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:28 PM

What about the 5th of July ?

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Friday the 5th is a Holy Day

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Alaves have signed 6 players but still await Joselu

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Tbh jail you say im passionate i just assumed thatswhat everyone that supports the toon is like.
    I know i bang on about it but i do actually love my club as you can probly tell by the neet.
    Im up for this, and i hope all else are too.

• wynsleap

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Perhaps when Rafa has been there a while, done a fabulous job and got ‘his feet under the table’ he might be able to have a word with their owner who is apparently the fourth richest man in China with a fortune of around £17billion.
    “I know a great club you can takeover in England”. It’s ripe for success with a huge fan base and potential. It will give you a great profile (and I’ll run it for you too if you’re happy to replace me)”.

• The mighty wyn

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Ah I see I’ll go for the 2ndthen

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Yesterday?

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:30 PM

There is about 15 activists in the magpie group.
    Ive put myself forward.
    They need more, all of us should be available.
    Only we can make this happen.