web analytics

Reported Transfer Budget Of £50m Plus Player Sales Confirmed In George Caulkin Interview

In George Caulkin’s interview with Rafa Benitez, it was revealed the reported £50m plus players sales was accurate.

This is what Benitez told George Caulkin when the transfer budget was raised:

“I didn’t ask for any money. I just wanted to know how much [there was].

“The club put out some information about the budget being around million plus the money from sales and that was fine. I wasn’t complaining. I knew it was the reality.”

If Rafa had stayed, he could have also gotten an additional £40m in the likely sales of Isaac Hayden and Dwight Gayle. This would make for a very decent transfer budget.

From his comments, there does appear to be a tinge of disappointment with that budget, though it is by far and away the most he would have had to spend while at Newcastle. However, it is still dwarfed by modern-day Premier League spending and is an amount that Newcastle could have easily afforded to at least double.

The transfer budget as we all know is not why Rafa Benitez is no longer at Newcastle United.

It remains to be seen if this same transfer budget will be sanctioned for the new manager. If it is and it also includes player sales, he could have a transfer kitty nearing £150m with the amount of player outgoings these recent events could ignite.

This summer could be very different from the normal in regards to transfers. Mike Ashley will have to give the new manager money to spend or will be risking an even greater chance of relegation than currently exists.

The likely outcome is that there is more money than usual to spend this summer, but precious few players willing to join the Ashley circus.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:30 PM

c-dog

Munster, I don’t think I’ve ever insulted him, not intentionally anyway, I have, if anything, supported him, I’m sure he’d agree.

Lesh

If you are referring to my 4iiiis skit, the swear words are how I think MA would talk, I hope I don’t come across as a total nice guy, I’m far fro perfect and never claimed to be. 🙂

• toonluvva

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:30 PM

The ” every last penny the club generates” is a misquote.

What Ashlie actually said was ” every last penny the club generates goes into buying another retail store for me.”

Easy mistake to make like.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:30 PM

I wish that I still lived in the NE. I would have loved to have been at that meeting. Are anymore timetabled in the near future?

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:32 PM

Genjikai,
    That was me asking for the 10.1K for a quid a week or month.

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Amanda had Curry
    The players had Pizza
    Rafa’s got Chinese
    The fans have real bollocks
    Ashley just has fatty balls

• lesh

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:36 PM

An extract from Caulkin’s interview with Rafa (courtesy of The Mag)……

‘…..When I came to Newcastle, they gave me the plans for the new training ground, I was talking to the architect about changing a few things,” he says, smiling now. “And after three years . . . they painted the walls

So the tw@ts were even conning Rafa into joining by convincing him they meant business about the training ground upgrade. What a set of evil bustards and how anyone could try to justify Ashley’s methods must surely be as deceitful as him! Ashley should’ve been drowned at birth.

And that’s not a wish for him going forward but a sign of regret that he’s still around while decent people suffer.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:37 PM

Would love to get along to one of these things, hopefully my workload lessens soon.

The idea of a quid each is good.

Surely now has to be the time.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:38 PM

Even better now i know aye mate spot on with what you said bud agreed 100 percent. Knew a should of came ur way was going to but i seen that kid from. Nufc tv and thought i could try get them to up the ashley out rhetoric.

• lesh

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

Gotcha, I was just skimming and me eyes nearly popped out when I saw the language. Your credibility remains intact – well as far as we on here can see anyway. 🙂

• NY Mag

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Jail,

That would potentially add up to a lot of money. Can I ask who would decide how / when that money would be spent?
    I’m happy to contribute financially (since I can’t join in physically)

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:40 PM

Droppy i would say attend and do all you can to turn up to events.
    Toon22 if your reading seriously consider becoming an activist for them. If your as passionate and want to be as disruptive as you can. Put yourself forward.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:41 PM

I suppose with collecting that sort of cash, there would need to be assurances.

In the unlikely event that a takeover happened it could always be used for things like kits for local grass roots teams or SBR foundation.

• Wayayman

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Genjikai glad there were a few from this blog who made it. If I didn’t live so far I’d have been there as well. Was really surprised that TMG didnt help spread word of the London Magpies visit to Ashleys place on Saturday. It was all over twitter but only The Mag and If Rafa Goes showed and kind of support. We’re all in it for the same result and we need to be together.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:43 PM

I reckon that is where the nust should step in.
    All the groups need to form under the nust im my opinion.
    They are legit and want to .make change happen at the club.
    They take nowt out but put alot of work in.
    I applaud them me.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:43 PM

Genji

If I can get there I will mate. The nature of my work makes it hard to get out of the house.

Stopped going to matches or buying anything 5 years back.

Could easily donate a little every month.

• G

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:44 PM

Anybody see SJH on the news there? Mentioned serious doubts about BZG, and mentioned that they are rumoured to be trying to borrow the money to buy the club. He also reiterated his plea to MA to sell up.

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:44 PM

I think Yorkymag qualifies for the “dick of the day” award after reading it’s comments tonight!

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:45 PM

This has been the problem with NUST from day one. They were just not aggressive enough with Ashley. Bullies only understand one thing; a bloody nose. NUST were too gentlemanly; you have to be very aggressive with these people so that they understand that you mean business, and that they will be hounded wherever they go, and that they will never be able to rest easily, home or away. We have given the parasite an easy ride so far.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:47 PM

If Longstaff wants to go I imagine the club will let him. You really can’t stand in a players way when a club that size comes calling, offering that amount of salary.

Ashley will push hard for as much as he can get for him, and as much as it pains me to say this, with Rafa gone, I think Longstaff might go too, and it’d be the right thing for him to do.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Old news G

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Wayayman

That’s always been the trouble with these groups, they all want to be centre stage. Can’t see why they wouldn’t support the London equivalent of themselves tbh. Seems counterproductive especially so when we all want the same thing.

The leech gone.

One group. One voice.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Wayayman
    They did talk about what you guys done and the general consensus was class job and its spurred for the call for charnleys to have a demonstration outside of.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:49 PM

I don’t believe these imaginary transfer figures. No way will Ashley exceed a 50M pound transfer budget. He will pull money out or just use what we get from player sales. The rest is bollocks. We even borrowed money to buy Almiron. This cat won’t change his stripes.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:51 PM

Actually he’s more of a donkey than a cat…

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:52 PM

No one is leaving or entering at the moment, probably due to takeover actions. Longstaff will be better off at NUFC where he will get game time. Not much chance an ManU with their squad bustling with midfield players.

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:53 PM

That’s not saying you lads want to be centre stage. From what I’ve seen far from it. The club comes first and foremost and are willing to do something.

Are there any discussions between yourselves and TMG?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:53 PM

“Those at the top did not share the same vision.” Rafa quote. That sums it up doesn’t it? No vision just greed for more money. No fondness for the club and its supporters. Just a determination to use the club as a sales vehicle. Sod off Ashley.

• Genjikai

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:54 PM

Bleech the leach
    Thats something that was mentioned.
    This is going to take for all of us to put our egos aside and celebrate the same cause which is to get ashley out.
    Come out in your thousands and show your discontent.
    All the group leaders should form the committee of the nust.
    Maybe a nust spokesman should come on here and explain how it all works.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:55 PM

The night shift might have missed the item Lesh is referring to so for their benefit here it is again.

MA
    Right 4iiiis time to tell me who the Shill of the month was.
    4iiiis
    Boss there was a runaway winner once again, it’s that one who has a double digit number in his name.
    MA
    KBA did a brilliant piece of work hiring him, he comes out as so anti me over and over and over that nobody or hardly anyone suspects hims.
    4iiiis
    Aye……
    MA
    Oy, I’ve told you not to speak Geordie in front of me, you know how I feel about those fckers.
    4iiiis
    Oops, sorry boss, OK, Yes he’s so good at deflecting hatred on to the real Anti you brigade that they lose the plot entirely.
    MA
    What are we payeing him, he’s worth every spare penny we have.
    4iiiis
    That’s the good part boss, no pennies involved he’s happy to accept Sunderland Street food Vouchers.
    MA
    What the Fck are they?
    4iiiis
    Not sure boss, should I ask KBA.
    MA
    Naaah, as long as it’s working leave it alone.
    4iiiis
    OK boss, by the way hows the sale coming along?
    MA
    No comment

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Genj

Glad they discussed it but why didn’t they promote what the London mags done at the time?

Seems like’ well we didn’t do it so we’ll leave them to their own devices’ kinda thing. I could be wrong and seeing things that aren’t there

• GeordieTwo

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:57 PM

Very interesting final sentence. “And you never know we may see each other again in the future.” Rafa has become an honorary life member of NUST. What a man. Take some lessons Ashley you boor.

• one fine day

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:57 PM

nicky the ball tosser @139
    Think we know if longstaff goes then the takeover is dead .
    And even if i don’t need more reasons to hate man u gone by Christmas…using the chaos to circle like vultures and unsettle players ,he is under contract .Unless a few has been agreed we don’t know about this is blatant tapping up or dosen’t that rule apply to the bigger clubs ?

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:57 PM

s not a demonstrative person, but there is a moment — just a moment — when his eyes mist and his voice cracks. It is time to say farewell and it is not easy after three years of adoration and toil, of pushing a dysfunctional club to be better. Rafa Benítez cannot push any more, not against the immovable object that is Mike Ashley’s Newcastle United and so he has to go, but this was never what he wanted.

Before too long, he will be analysing and explaining again, but this man of obsessional detail is also flesh. He hurts. A couple of messages from Newcastle supporters are read out to him, explaining how he made them “feel part of something good for the first time in ages”, that his being at St James’ Park meant “all hope wasn’t lost”. He winces. There is a little cough. “Very emotional,” he says.

Benítez, 59, will forever be associated with Liverpool, but a manager who hoarded trophies at Anfield, Valencia, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Napoli, felt a ferocious, yearning love at Newcastle. He could not keep a fractured team in the Premier League following his appointment in March 2016, but he hauled them back as champions and then, with limited resources, kept them there twice. He was worshipped for it.

Leaving is a wrench. “I’m sad,” he says, “because Newcastle has been my home. If Liverpool is where my family live, then Newcastle will always be my other home. You can sell a house, but you can never sell home. To have that connection with a city and fans, it’s strange and difficult to lose that. I feel like an honorary Geordie now.”

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Anyone know of any mag groups around the north west interested in doing something?

I’d be willing to take part.

Actively.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:01 PM

One more year of being used by Ashley for 6 million quid, or 3 years in China for 36 million quid, and I assume healthy increases for his crew too.

Not much of a choice really.

The only real inducement to sign was tantamount to emotional blackmail.

I don’t think Rafa would have left at all easily, but as he reportedly said to a close friend, “I can’t stay, can I?”.

• Wayayman

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Bleach and Genjikai, oh we’ve worked together on loads of stuff which is why it was such a surprise not to get any mentions. All these mentions would do by the way is to get more reactions for others to do something to show their frustration. We’re not in it for likes or followers but we can’t do it without each other’s help.
    To be totally honest, Genjikai hit the nail on the head re young’uns needing to get involved – the social media side of TMG is shocking and that’s where some switched-on millennials can really help them out.

Good to hear about charnleys place being on the agenda. Let’s see what we can do down here to support that.

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Aye boycott.

He’s in it just for the money like. He definitely didn’t want to compete or win things.

Some people are blind to what’s right in front of them.

The best thing to happen to the club since SBR

• Wayayman

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Bleach, just set one up. That’s what me and another lad did. Just get a twitter account set up and contact the other groups who will RT for you so you can get some other locals involved. We will for sure.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:05 PM

boycott

i realise that your comment is a reflection on the the empathy and love that Rafa feels for Newcastle, but the main thing it is doing for me at this moment is just making me more angry and upset.

• bill

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:06 PM

#BleachThe Leech,

I’m in the NW but not associated with any groups. Let me know how you get on and I’ll willingly help.