web analytics

Titan Sports Plus – Rafa Benitez To Be Announced As Manager Of Dalian Yifang On Tuesday

According to a tweet from Titan Sports Plus, Rafa Benitez is set to be unveiled as the new manager of Chinese Super League team Dalian Yifang tomorrow morning.

This is the tweet from Titan Sports Plus:

With today being the first official day that Rafa Benitez is not the manager of Newcastle United, it seems that his stint in unemployment could be a very short one.

Just a few weeks ago, it was reported of a massive offer to Rafa to join Dalian Yifang. The reported £12M/year deal got a lot of fans’ attention but we felt that he would not leave Newcastle at the time to coach in China.

That all changed this past Monday when Ashley released his statement on the end of the Benitez tenure in Newcastle. In yesterday’s report about a planned Rafa statement in the Sun, David Coverdale wrote this:

Benitez is expected to take up a £12million-a-year offer to manage Dalian Yifang in China.

So David could have been correct on both accounts as he was spot on about Rafa’s statement being released this morning.

We wish Rafa the best if he does decide to ply his genius in China. Late last week, we reported about how much of an impact Rafa could have in the Chinese Super League where he will be without any argument the best manager by a mile.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:41 PM

🙁

• kev1664

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Very surprised that Rafa is off to China.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Good luck Rafa

• IrishMagpie

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:43 PM

He’ll not get any top jobs in Europe, he’ll not get that kind of money anywhere else so it makes sense to go for it.

• Ron Knee

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:43 PM

@3

Seconded.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:44 PM

I’m sure some conspiracy theorists on here will say Rafa is only going to China to meet up with Nufc and this is a smokescreen.

• Spellcheck

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:48 PM

No smokescreen this. Such a shame

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:48 PM

I am surprised Rafa is going to China so soon. If true, something must have been in the works. It goes against what he had said about family and the UK but that is a big wedge to pass up. If he learned anything from his time with Fat Mike it is that he needs a get out clause. There will be a job opening at a top club before the end of the year. Pelligrini came back so I wouldn’t rule it out.

What is the quality of the Chinese League? Will Rafa be happy there?

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:52 PM

I cant see this being true, theres plenty of clubs in England and across Europe who need or want a top manager.

I doubt Rafa needs the money and he’s said he wants a project which I doubt means several years in China. Could be his last gig so I’d expect him to take his time before deciding, all my opinion obvs. I may just want £££££

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Jibbers asks bob if Cleveleys is a place, five minutes later, not only is he an expert on its geography but he’s managed to name drop one of his celebrity friends to boot. Is there no end……

• kev1664

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM

I’m wondering what sort of deal he signs. Rafa isn’t one for breaking contracts, he normally sees a job through or is let go.

Is it a rolling contract? a one year deal? Anything longer then his family must be relocating.

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:54 PM

Good luck gaffer with your new team ashley really needs to.go before one mad Geordie does something daft there’s always one if pushed to much lol

• kev1664

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:55 PM

If he does go, good luck to him. It kills the dream of the perfect scenario and a return under new owners.

• c-dog

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:55 PM

He’ll get to work with half the Belgian national team out there.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:56 PM

Good rant from Mick Quinn. I don’t get Talksport so have never heard him talk. They do seem to give him a forum though because I have seen a few quotes of what he has said. I am amazed he didn’t bring up the hattrick on his debut though.

• Toonces

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:58 PM

Watch Ashley give the next manager 100M just to stick it to Rafa on the way out the door so he can spin it to say “see what Rafa turned down!”

• G

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Toonces, I can’t see that happening like. I agree that financially though MA does seem to back the wrong horse. Look how much he let McClown and Pardew spend.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Kev1664: it kills the dream, but also forces us to move on to think of what comes next. What are the 5 stages of guilt again.

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.

We can at least cross off the denial stage if Rafa goes to China. I think we are going through the other 4 simultaneously because we still have the Fat Fck and therefore may have to him staying which is as bad as Rafa leaving.

• MG-Man

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:02 PM

Expect the Ashley propaganda to kick in now , Rafa wouldn’t sign because we couldn’t match the wages he wanted

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:03 PM

Jail
    Bill Beaumont is no friend
    He’s a smashing fella
    but the only thing he gave me was a black eye

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:04 PM

I am still not sure if I believe this. Could Rafa seriously have negotiated that deal between last Monday and today?

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:09 PM

Good luck Rafa. You’ll be missed.

Integrity and ambition is no longer part of the club formally known as NUFC.

It died the moment ashLIE bought us. Rafa breathed life into the club and gave us hope but the moment he decided to not sign up to the ashLIE plan it died again.

Fat leech out!!!! And take that snivelling rat penfold with you!

• Optimistic Oryx

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:10 PM

One of the comments on that Mag article says

“Only 20 people turned up to protest at Rafa leaving but 50000 will still turn up to SJP at start of season”

It got me to thinking when Keegan sold Cole and the fans turned up at the ground kicking off, Kev came out to calm and reassure the fans.

🙁

O how times change.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:10 PM

Tony of course not
    He decided to blow Asley off weeks ago

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:11 PM

Ashley even

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:11 PM

According to Sky he’ll be on £25m pa in China

• jimiley

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM

So much wedge you cannot turn it down. Big pay off for retirement. Couple of years… 50 million. No brainer.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:17 PM

If Rafa does go to China it is for one reason, and one reason only, the money.

There is no real project there, no kudos in winning a league or a cup there and befor he knows it he’ll be in to his 60’s with diminishing chances of ever getting a big gig with a Prem or major European team.

I won’t begrudge Rafa one bit if he does go bit it will just show…

Money talks whoever you are, and ‘projects’ go out of the window when that dosh is offered.

It wouldn’t surprise me – and I would do exactly the same myself – that Rafa really pushed the boat out hard on what he wanted from MA knowing that it was heads I win tails you lose if he didn’t get everything he wanted.

Money talks.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:17 PM

Jib: What’s Spanish for “you’re taking the p!ss”. I imagine that’s what Rafa said when Ashley got him down to London, sat across the desk and pushed exactly the same contract towards him that he had offered 6 months ago. I think that would have been the moment Rafa snapped because he really has said nowt since.

• oldarse

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM

Could come back and buy us for that when we drop 2 divisions 50 mills

• Jib

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM

besa mi culo

• hibbit

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM

A different line from a talksport commentator not following the party line with this onen !!!!

• jon

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM

I was going to post over the weekend, but found the blog unbelievably toxic, so didn’t, so I just satisfied myself with pre sale celebratory drinks J, it doesn’t seem that much better today.

Anyway, my feeling(s)……..

In my opinion new owners are coming, but I would prefer that when they do come, they bring Rafa in too, for a couple of reasons. With the ffp rules we will not be able to buy that many top notch players, and satisfy their wage demands, never mind the agents “fees”. Rafa would be in the perfect position, with the current squad, to take the club forward on that basis, adding 2 or 3 (4 or 5) quality players per window and while not breaching ffp rules. He knows the squad, he built it with the players he was eventually allowed to buy, most of the players respect him.

I don’t particularly like Rafa’s style of play, not really at NUFC, he had pretty good reasons for having to play that way, but at L’pool, I didn’t really enjoy it that much. Whether his style of play would differ from his time at L’pool, with better quality, I don’t know.

I’m not expecting anything for a couple of weeks, this will not wind me up in anyway, it is what it is.

🙂

And on that note, I shall carry on with my pre sale celebratory pint.

🙂

• Nedders

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM

Danny Murphy, to be fair, said on TalkSport that the fans should consider that Rafa himself feels something better is out there.

We all are guilty of assuming he’d NEVER go to China. Maybe we should take the blinkers off every so often.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM

Confirmed on Sky sports news he’s agreed to take over at Dalian.

From 3 years of having the piss taken to at least double pay, no brainer.

• padthemag

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM

Just been confirmed Rafa agreed to manage Chinese club unveiled tomorrow

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Well, there’s a surprise nobody saw coming.
    Sadly I missed Rafa’s departure. One day I was fine, next day in hospital with a virus. When I woke up he’d gone. Gutted.
    So I suppose I’m gonna be blog villain now. Tough, I can take it.
    My pleasures used to be watching Newcastle playing football, cricket, dancing – loved dancing, it’s what I miss most – potholing, which was a close second, savate, and generally keeping fit and active.
    Due to health issues, all I’ve got left is watching Newcastle. And before anybody says “you can’t enjoy watching that”, I had nine seasons of second division football, home and away to compare it to. So yes, I can. Many of you don’t remember that crap, because you either didn’t know we existed, or stopped going because we were too crap to be worthy of your support. Crowds dropped to below 10k on some occasions – half of which are probably dead now.
    So if you want to call me for hanging on to the last pleasure I have left – f**k you basically.
    If people want to stop, I get it. 100% I get it. I hate Ashley for ruining the last pleasure I have left too. I put up with nine seasons of second division football – when the second division was nowhere near the quality of the Championship now – I can put up with this.
    Trust me, Ashley puts more on the turn of a card than he gets out of me a season – he’s not getting rich off me.
    It’s not just about football though. I don’t drink. I can’t get out much anyway, so it’s the pleasure of seeing people I’ve made friends with over many years. I ain’t giving it up until I physically cannot get there anymore and nobody has the right to expect me to.
    So, take your shots if you must. Not that I give a toss what people I don’t know and never will think of me, but knock yourselves out if it makes you feel important and big. Water off a ducks back now. I ain’t quitting – get over it. 🙂

• magtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Allan Pardew it is then……

• The mighty wyn

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Jon I think new owners can initially put as much money into the business as they like. The ffp comes in over future years spending I think. Sure somebody will correct me if I’m wrong