web analytics

Titan Sports Plus – Rafa Benitez To Be Announced As Manager Of Dalian Yifang On Tuesday

According to a tweet from Titan Sports Plus, Rafa Benitez is set to be unveiled as the new manager of Chinese Super League team Dalian Yifang tomorrow morning.

This is the tweet from Titan Sports Plus:

With today being the first official day that Rafa Benitez is not the manager of Newcastle United, it seems that his stint in unemployment could be a very short one.

Just a few weeks ago, it was reported of a massive offer to Rafa to join Dalian Yifang. The reported £12M/year deal got a lot of fans’ attention but we felt that he would not leave Newcastle at the time to coach in China.

That all changed this past Monday when Ashley released his statement on the end of the Benitez tenure in Newcastle. In yesterday’s report about a planned Rafa statement in the Sun, David Coverdale wrote this:

Benitez is expected to take up a £12million-a-year offer to manage Dalian Yifang in China.

So David could have been correct on both accounts as he was spot on about Rafa’s statement being released this morning.

We wish Rafa the best if he does decide to ply his genius in China. Late last week, we reported about how much of an impact Rafa could have in the Chinese Super League where he will be without any argument the best manager by a mile.

• magtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Lets hope you’re right !

• JohnReese

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:23 PM

If I was in Rafas position, after the hard work he’s put in over the past 3 years. The stress of working under our board. The prospect of an easy job for a couple of years, phenomenal money and then into retirement, I’d probably consider it as well.

Perhaps he feels with his philosophy and style of play he isn’t going to get a top job in Europe anymore as the big clubs are all wanting to play the now fashionable, high offence style.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:24 PM

They are showing lots of pictures of the Countryside between overs. Durham Castle, Angel of the North, the River, cows in a pastoral scene. Better watch out the Southerners might actually realise that it is not all flat caps and whippets.

• ToonArmyMidlands

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Tom1664 – you seem to know your stuff regarding today’s companies house filings and seem sure it’s just housekeeping. Someone else mentioned that the companies house filings today also had a notice that there was a transfer of ownership of some TMs etc., that something was being transferred to to someone as yet un-named. Did you see this? If true surely that must increase the likelihood of a link with the potential takeover?

• magtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Maybe we should include a free Pigeon Cree as part of the package to attract the next manager ?

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:29 PM

Just so nobody misses it.

Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Well, there’s a surprise nobody saw coming.
    Sadly I missed Rafa’s departure. One day I was fine, next day in hospital with a virus. When I woke up he’d gone. Gutted.
    So I suppose I’m gonna be blog villain now. Tough, I can take it.
    My pleasures used to be watching Newcastle playing football, cricket, dancing – loved dancing, it’s what I miss most – potholing, which was a close second, savate, and generally keeping fit and active.
    Due to health issues, all I’ve got left is watching Newcastle. And before anybody says “you can’t enjoy watching that”, I had nine seasons of second division football, home and away to compare it to. So yes, I can. Many of you don’t remember that crap, because you either didn’t know we existed, or stopped going because we were too crap to be worthy of your support. Crowds dropped to below 10k on some occasions – half of which are probably dead now.
    So if you want to call me for hanging on to the last pleasure I have left – f**k you basically.
    If people want to stop, I get it. 100% I get it. I hate Ashley for ruining the last pleasure I have left too. I put up with nine seasons of second division football – when the second division was nowhere near the quality of the Championship now – I can put up with this.
    Trust me, Ashley puts more on the turn of a card than he gets out of me a season – he’s not getting rich off me.
    It’s not just about football though. I don’t drink. I can’t get out much anyway, so it’s the pleasure of seeing people I’ve made friends with over many years. I ain’t giving it up until I physically cannot get there anymore and nobody has the right to expect me to.
    So, take your shots if you must. Not that I give a toss what people I don’t know and never will think of me, but knock yourselves out if it makes you feel important and big. Water off a ducks back now. I ain’t quitting – get over it.
    🙂

• MarkBro

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:30 PM

Well at least the theory that Rafa was awaiting the takeover to sign again with the new owners, can be put to bed 🙁

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:30 PM

Well one thing is for certain, if Rafa wanted to stay and the only problem was the control and not his wages…

BZG definitely didn’t want him if it’s true or they are confident of a takeover.

Either that, or £12M a year was too big an amount to turn down irrespective of who is buying NUFC.

Take your pick.

• Oldgit1

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:32 PM

@ Bobbybee

Good to hear you have recovered from your virus mate. Welcome back

• jon

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:33 PM

Ah, ok Wyn, thought it was a percentage of current wages etc v’s spend on players, payroll etc, & couldn’t make a loss of more than x. So spend big early, then don’t for the last year or something?

Oi, you’re stopping me from pre sale celebrations.

🙂

• Toon44

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:33 PM

Rafa the money grabber.

• magtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:33 PM

£12M a year to be shot of MA seems a pretty good deal to me ?

• welshy14

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:35 PM

a think this deal with rafa been sorted for weeks.

• geordietom

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:35 PM

tony heres your answer ….

your taking the piss=
    estas tomando la mead
    besa mi culo means

kiss my ass

• MarkBro

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Rafas probably knew for a while about the job in china. Got him thinking and the fact fatty was taking the pi$$.

Might have nothing to do with the takeover

• magtoon

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Is Joe F Kinnear still alive ?

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:37 PM

Whilst I’m being hated, let’s say what many are thinking but haven’t got the balls to say.
    If you think Rafa hadn’t arranged that until yesterday, you’re delusional. He’s a political animal and he was the one who said “I can’t see any way to take this further”, days before his contract ran down.
    Not saying Ashley isn’t to blame, because he is. His intransigence left Rafa with no choice, but that contract has been on the table for a long time. If he couldn’t take it further, he could’ve said so a long time ago. And don’t deny you’re not thinking it, it’s black and white. So I’ve said it. Maybe that’s his final shot at Ashley, fair enough, but it’s left us and a loyal fan base with little time to sort a replacement.

• The mighty wyn

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:37 PM

Jon I think the ffp considers one year to the next re wages and spending after the initial outlay

• Tom1664

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:39 PM

ToonArmyMidlands – not sure chief; I did see one of the satisfaction of charge docs was for non-tangible assets. The charge would refer to any trademarks or other goodwill as part of the boilerplate wording. As I said, these companies are empty shells with nothing in them, be that assets or liabilities.

The way the club’s structured is you have St James Holdings Limited at the top, which is owns Newcastle United Limited (which is an umbrella company), which in turn owns Newcastle United Football Company Limited (where the players and other assets are held), amongst quite a few others.

The slug loaned money to St James Holdings Limited, which in turn loaned it to Newcastle United Limited and has similar security over its assets – https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02529667/charges.

The way the takeover would likely work is St James Holdings Limited sells its shares in Newcastle United Limited to Monochrome Acquisition Limited, with no need to reassign the trademarks as it would still sit in the same subsidiary, regardless of the owner at the top.

Here’s a link to all the registered trademarks of NUFC – they’re all owned by Newcastle United Football Company Limited, which is a subsidiary of Newcastle United Limited – https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmowner/page/search?id=193202&domain=1

• oldarse

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Bobbybee He couldn’t before his contract ended otherwise fatso would have been at him for compo mate

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Haha, why repost that on the same thread??

1 reason

It wants a reaction, plain and simple.

• ToonRich

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:55 PM

hibbit, someone mentioned earlier today that Wenger in as DoF with Stevie G as head coach!!