web analytics

Ayoze Perez Again Talks About Cycles In First Post-Rafa Interview

The Chronicle have a report out on comments Ayoze Perez has made to Binter Canarias Magazine.

These are the comments that Ayoze Perez made when asked about his current situation on Tyneside:

“I think five years is a long time. I’m one of those people who understands there’s a need to close a cycle to open a new one at the most opportunistic and convenient time. Perhaps this is it. I have a feeling the summer will be big”

It was back in March when Ayoze said something similar to El Chirinquito TV. This is part of what Ayoze said then:

“I believe in the cycles. I think there is a moment where you plan things, to undergo a change and I think after five years, I think it’s the moment.”

While it would be easy to attribute these latest comments on the departure of Rafa Benitez, it really does seem that Ayoze is at a crossroads and may want to start a new chapter at another club.

Of course, the loss of his brilliant compatriot will only hasten his desire to leave. If you really think about the five years that Ayoze has been with Newcastle, they have hardly been flying high.

He began his time here in the awful 2013/14 year when he had to deal with half a season under John Carver only to survive relegation on the final day.

The next year was spent under Steve McClaren before Rafa Benitez came in to try and save the team from relegation but was ultimately unsuccessful.

He then had to spend a season in the Championship followed by two seasons in which Rafa had to work miracles with an underfunded squad.

Now he will be looking at life at Newcastle without Rafa Benitez and the likelihood of another Pardew or McClaren to work under.

While we wish he would be less vocal about his desire to leave, we do understand it.

• beefman13

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Bye bye Perez go and join Benitez in the Chinese takeaway.

• outside the box

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:52 PM

repost..
    no idea who would be best manager for toon but arteta may be ok for attacking attractive sides like man city but the players toon have lend more towards a sean dyche but he has a reported £10 million exit clause so cannot see that.

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:54 PM

Bleach

I replied on previous

• jon

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:54 PM

Jeez…… and I thought it was toxic at the weekend!

A pre sale celebratory pint to take my mind off it.

🙂

Don’t worry Cap, it’s happening.

🙂

• Singinginthecorner

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:55 PM

• Bobbybee

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:55 PM

Wasn’t it Vierra who had the 10m buyout clause? Arteta isn’t a manager. Might be wrong though.

• Tinman

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Is Arteta such low odds because of BZG tenuous links to the City chief?

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Bobbybee’s last two or three posts have shown what supporting a football club is all about.

I wonder how many of those fans bellowing that they won’t go to matches until MA leaves actually go or just it on Sky or stream.

It’s a doddle saying ‘I’m outta here’ when you are rarely in.

• outside the box

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:57 PM

think the answer might be to send that nice mr charnlie a letter with sae asking him if a takeover is likely in next six weeks

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:57 PM

I’ve slated Perez for a while, he did have a little flurry towards the end of the season but I agree with him.

Maybe hes been here to long and needs a new challenge, maybe his heart isn’t in it, couldn’t blame him.

I may not be his biggest fan but I’ll still wish him all the best.

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:58 PM

dyche 10 mill

• geordietom

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:59 PM

you can call …

repost …

Kenny hibbit did play for wolves …

terry hibbit his brother played for us …

dont know if they had another brother …

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Athletico mince Peter Beardsley makes his wife eggs on youtube classic

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Hibbit: I didn’t even think about a bomb threat causing panic. That should have been my first thought. I was more about what sort of an idiot would do it and spend 5 years in jail. They would find you, I promise you that.

I was in London quite a few years ago and was thrown up against a wall in Leicester Square by the army with a machine gun thrust up my nose. There was a cordon of about 20 army also with machine guns pointed at me. Apparently, I matched the description of someone who had pulled out a gun at a nearby pub. They take this stuff seriously if you didn’t know already.

The Army Captain gave me a card with a number to call if I felt I had been mistreated. Must happen all the time 🙂

• Bobbybee

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Oldarse, cheers. Didn’t think it was Arteta. No2’s are usually on a free. Can’t see him coming unless there’s a buyout though.

• hibbit

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Bobbybee

Its Sean Dyche that has the £10 million buy out clause

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Perez came into his own once Almiron arrived and I’m not convinced it had anything to do with the formation.

Almiron was a threat to Perez’s position and that’s why he really pulled his finger out.

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:02 PM

geordietom always got them mixed up

• c-dog

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:02 PM

If Salomon Rondon has not moved club by the time the takeover is cancelled Ashley will back the signing in an effort to appease supporters

Directly from the mouth of club consultant Denis Wise

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:03 PM

If you vape underneath a smoke detector does it set the fire alarm off?

I must investigate

• Singinginthecorner

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:04 PM

Don’t know if this has been suggested how about a drone flying in st James park would disrupt the match and you can sit at home and watch it on the telly if you live close enough that way just get a points deduction and fine for postponed match

• Brussels

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:05 PM

Bobby,
    Arteta would still require a fee which historically AshLie doesn’t pay.
    Only opportunity for him to come is part of a takeover – verdict is still very much out on that one…

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Making a big thing out of this tony you know something your not telling us mate who’s side you on ?

• ToonRich

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:06 PM

If I could retract that previous comment I would! I didnt mean it to sound like I was advocating calling in any kind of threat. #idioticcomment #didntthink

I did ask Ed/Neil to remove it. 🙁 Sorry chaps.

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:06 PM

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:08 PM

Newcastle need a striker who can hold the ball up like Rondon Hurtado and Joelinton will fill that void

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:08 PM

Billson: I think Almiron created space for Perez by giving the opposition something else to think about and with his pace. Then Ayoze became a forward again instead of being used as the first line of defense by Rafa. I think Rafa did what he had to do at NUFC but it wasn’t always pretty and there were sacrifices made to their own game by players like Perez.

• c-dog

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:10 PM

We had no pace in attack pre almiron
    Our attacking play as a whole benefitted

Teams play deeper when confronted with pace

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Oldarse: maybe living in Chicago for 20 odd years makes me not want to mess with the cops.

• outside the box

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:13 PM

posted the letter to charnlie lads asking for statement ….but forgot to put stamp on…does that mean i wont get a reply.?..

• hibbit

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:15 PM

troops on the streets of London not a common sight …………….. we don’t have a national guard,more likely SCO19 the London Met’s specialist armed police unit.

• Tinman

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Not to worry Toonrich, these things happen

• Tinman

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:16 PM

Perez might be useful with VAR. A soft wind blows him over and in super slow mo many a ref might mistake it for a trip

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:16 PM

Perez gets good when the weather warms, think we should sell him and loan him back in January.

• Tinman

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Chancel that is actually a fair observation!

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Tony I don’t know you seem to be hot and cold when it comes to Ashley and anyone who wants to hurt him you talk them down we are not in Chicago mate 5 years in prison do you have any info in that direction love to see it cheers

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:19 PM

If the proles could effect change of the ruling elite lawfully, then those laws would be changed.

• Dubs Left Glove

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:20 PM

You’ve heard of chopper watch, now its time for skip watch….

• Tinman

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:20 PM

George Duke Cohen – 3 years jail time

• Tinman

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:22 PM

Bomb hoaxes.

Relevant charging legislation
    Criminal Law Act 1977 Section 51 (2).

Attorney General’s / Director of Public Prosecutions’ permission required?

Maximum sentence