web analytics

Ayoze Perez Again Talks About Cycles In First Post-Rafa Interview

The Chronicle have a report out on comments Ayoze Perez has made to Binter Canarias Magazine.

These are the comments that Ayoze Perez made when asked about his current situation on Tyneside:

“I think five years is a long time. I’m one of those people who understands there’s a need to close a cycle to open a new one at the most opportunistic and convenient time. Perhaps this is it. I have a feeling the summer will be big”

It was back in March when Ayoze said something similar to El Chirinquito TV. This is part of what Ayoze said then:

“I believe in the cycles. I think there is a moment where you plan things, to undergo a change and I think after five years, I think it’s the moment.”

While it would be easy to attribute these latest comments on the departure of Rafa Benitez, it really does seem that Ayoze is at a crossroads and may want to start a new chapter at another club.

Of course, the loss of his brilliant compatriot will only hasten his desire to leave. If you really think about the five years that Ayoze has been with Newcastle, they have hardly been flying high.

He began his time here in the awful 2013/14 year when he had to deal with half a season under John Carver only to survive relegation on the final day.

The next year was spent under Steve McClaren before Rafa Benitez came in to try and save the team from relegation but was ultimately unsuccessful.

He then had to spend a season in the Championship followed by two seasons in which Rafa had to work miracles with an underfunded squad.

Now he will be looking at life at Newcastle without Rafa Benitez and the likelihood of another Pardew or McClaren to work under.

While we wish he would be less vocal about his desire to leave, we do understand it.

• ToonRich

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:22 PM

@TimmyLabelle_

Sorry #nufc fans #ShieldsGazette tweeted yesterday that our sources told us that there would be a statement coming from Newcastle United today we have just been informed that it has been delayed till tomorrow. #nufctakeover

3:13 PM – 2 Jul 2019

• Tinman

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:22 PM

I’m probably on a list now

• ToonRich

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:23 PM

I was just thinking the blog will be flagging all sorts now!!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Hibbit: they were dressed in combats and had machine guns. They seemed like the army to me but I don’t know anything about special units. Had plans for the night but all I wanted after was to sit in a quiet corner of a pub. My ex-wife was screaming at them “that’s my husband, leave him alone”. It all happened so fast, but I heard that and thought she would get be shot! Another friend had pot in his pocket and disappeared for hours. Only saw him later at the hotel.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:25 PM

You know Toon22 goes on about the 8 fake takeovers? How many bloody predictions of statements have been made without a word? On here and everywhere else!

• toon22

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:26 PM

It’s always tomorrow, Friday or Monday

• toon22

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:26 PM

We’re being strung along

• scott

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:27 PM

You can call me Alan

The reasony of are looking like a wum is you statements are one liners with nothing to back it up!
    No meat on the bone BUT your big problemi s the players you claim we have incoming are the better players we are already linked with under the current regime! I find your wumery half baked at best so would put you at a 14 yrs old web toe!

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:29 PM

4 skips for the SD signs

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Hahaha Tinman, I think there’s a growing number of geordies on that list.

• outside the box

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:32 PM

tinman @42 how long for not putting stamp on .

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:32 PM

one liners are the best scott get to the point quick bit like Rhod Gilbert

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Tinman you tony mate. Depending on if any life-threatening incidents

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:34 PM

Oldarse: wondering if a boycott would work is a long way off supporting Fatty. I think the only thing I have ever said on here that could even be construed wrongly as supporting Ashley is that we were probably in worse shape than most thought when he took over and so was John Hall. He needed to sell and wasn’t bothered who he sold to.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:35 PM

TonyB

I get what your saying about Perez to a point.

But Almiron for most of the games was stuck out on the left wing with his space being strangled by Ritchie which rarely gave him the chance to show his pace.

Almiron can play at No 10 and I still think a big part of Perez’s form was the threat to his place. He was almost nailed on matter how he played before Almiron signed.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:35 PM

And also Oldarse: I didn’t know the jail term but I do know there is a sentence. Tinman said up to 7 years.

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Odd trip today got to wonder if it was Ashley signing something given it lasted 10 mins whatever it was.

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Bill’s son

I said that about Perez at the end of the season, his fans didn’t like it.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Billson: will agree to disagree. Rafa’s change in formation and Perez freed of defensive duties was about half of it as he played well even after Almiron was injured. I think this and Miggy caused a change in the mindset of players AND RAFA to actually go after the opposition a bit more.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:39 PM

TONY BALONEY equals blatant PR.

You can fool some people some of the time but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time!
    You’re not even any good at it so F off to another blog and defend Ashley and his dispicable antics elsewhere. I ve been watching you closely as have many others and this is to confirm you’ve been well and truly rumbled so just do one before you make an even bigger Cnut of yourself.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Tinman @42: you probably are on the list. I was serious about my schoolfriend being an undercover cop at away games. It wouldn’t be difficult to envisage them having eyes on social media and blogs.

Sh!t I am probably on the list now! I am still a British Citizen. Do they have jurisdiction to ship me home to be charged?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Ashley PR Betty. You really are crazy.

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Tony when I say to hurt him I don’t mean physically I want him hurt monetary, we just cannot sit on the fence.

• loonie-toon

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Still no take over lol

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Betty” are you the one that called me JibUSA. There are some nutters out there and conspiracy theorists but you take the cake.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:46 PM

Perez is slow, but has quick feet, an eye for goal and is great at getting out of tight situations. He is capable of a clever pass, but doesn’t get his head up enough for me. Wide forward suits him much better, as it affords him more space; as an isolated no.10, he was often double marked and even if he managed to shake them off, a third player was soon in to nick the ball. Would love to see him stay and have better players around him (BZG obviously).

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:50 PM

It is really strange that I am accused of being an Ashley shill for having a different opinion and maybe walking into somebody else’s perceived territory. I have to watch myself because I am new here according to Lesh and now I am an Ashley defending c@nt according to Betty.

There are a few people up their own arses on here from time to time but also plenty who are not, thankfully.

As I said earlier, I don’t mind some of the things Lesh and Tsunki say. Just not about me 🙂

• bettyswallocks

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:51 PM

You are the last thing we need at a time like this so stop insulting the intelligence of the Geordie folk and take your bollox elsewhere. If you want to find mugs up here you ”ll need to bring your own.

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:51 PM

Least some of the young guns are trying and just to rub it in this from another thread

Am glad we never had half the f**kers on here fighting for us during the war we’d all be goosestepping by now.

• naptoon

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:53 PM

We brought perez from nowhere and hes just hitting his peak would lie him 2 give us another season but who can blame him for wanting out. Players like him cost about £25 mill nowadays so nee chance he’ll be replaced with sum one ready for the prem. Him and rondon away whats that aboot 25 goals cheers mike you utter bell end.

• oldarse

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:53 PM

Back the young guns they are the clubs future

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:55 PM

As I have said before. I totally expected this and I knew who it would come from. Go ahead, give Betty more hearts. He knows nothing.

• naptoon

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:55 PM

Or man utds. Sigh.

• Youcancallmealan

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:56 PM

Team news for England women

• Jib

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Oh dear Betty’s been on the gin in the afternoon again !
    Betty honey you know the staff will take your shoes and
    belt again.

• posada

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:57 PM

To the best of my knowledge, I may have missed it, but why don’t the Chronicle send a roving reporter to Abu Dhabi.
    They could try to get an interview with the Sheikh, the company boss, taxi drivers, bar staff, local ITKs, etc etc.

They would probably be blanked or even run out of town, but even that could be quite entertaining and at least they would have something to write about.

Seem to be inept. If it’s not delivered to them by twitter or other social media it’s too much effort.

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:59 PM

Optimistic

You forgot because you worked 23/4 days on the bounce?

Man up ya pussy. Money grabbing git.

Let us know what the next ones like mate.

I’ve just changed jobs, out early but home early and no weekends so more time on my hands now. It was always work, work and no time with the fam.

Great change.

And yes, vaping sets off the alarms. Well it did in my digs in Buxton.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:01 PM

Betty: I have no idea what you are on about. I am born and bred in Chicagoi. I don’t even think I have said anything that controversial and certainly am not an Ashley apologist. I am not even against a boycott, I just question whether it will work. That’s something that goes through my mind often and I go back and forth. I want the fat tw@t out but I am not sure about how to go about it. A takeover seems the only way but I am also not sure if he wants that and like Froggy says it is all a charade.

To what end I don’t know because he doesn’t seem to care. And if he doesn’t care then why bother with a smokescreen to hide no transfers?

I also think that doing something against his tat shops would make a statement and cause bad publicity. But not at the expense of being arrested. I have the same reasoning about pitch invasions and bomb threats.

So all of you crazies heart Betty as much as you want. I am not an Ashley shill. Hiya KBA.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM

Message to all NUFC fans………. Tony Baloney is 100 per cent Ashley PR. Feel free to engage with him but just be aware of who he represents.