web analytics

Report – Ayoze Perez To Leicester City For £16m Is Almost Complete

The Daily Star are reporting that Leicester City will be signing Ayoze Perez for a fee of £16m which we have to believe to be incorrect. The player is most likely gone but surely he would be worth double that figure.

Southampton are buying Championship striker Che Adams from Birmingham City for £15m. So we would be wary of that reported amount as Newcastle United should be getting much more than.

Graeme Bailey who is writer Team Talk as well as the Mirror has tweeted this out about what has happened with Perez:

It could be that Ayoze Perez is forcing a move but why to Leicester City? He has been linked with much bigger clubs and could get a move back to La Liga which he claimed was what he dreamed of.

If Ayoze Perez is sold then that would mean our top two scorers Salomon Rondon and Ayoze Perez will be gone from the club. Leaving centre-back Fabian Schar on 4 goals as the highest scorer.

In terms of the takeover happening, this does not look good unless Ashley is trying to strip as many assets out of the club as fast as he can before selling. We wouldn’t put it past him and then watch him sell the club on August 9th.

From what was the highest you could dream of to now the pits of an abyss you would never have believed just a month ago. Tyneside is in turmoil.

We are in deep trouble.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:02 PM

Bill: it is only certain things I remember. That Jonny Repp goal because I was behind the net and it came straight at me like a thunderbolt. Probably helped that I was 13 and not pissed up. The toxic tomoto sauce I will never forget and when the crowd sang “Leighton Baines is a puff” he waved back. Just a few memories and like you, I have forgotten a lot.

Tsunki: Can you google “Mick Mahoney Super Goalie”?

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:02 PM

No but he can play chopsticks on a bontempi

• Toon Cat

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:04 PM

I wonder if Ashley will be aiming for another ‘successful’ transfer window if he’s staying .. in other words one that makes a net profit ?

• kimbo

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:06 PM

Now Joshelu a Muto another £15m so that is £320m we are nearly there.

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:06 PM

There’s a bit of a pattern emerging.. We’ve had the Dentist now the Binman.. Next the dinner lady then the lollipop man…. Then finally as darkness descends The Fat Controller bastard

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:07 PM

Oh no Tony I don’t go for quizzes. I’m with Bill on this I think when I was going to matches regularly there’s only the memorable ones stick and even then I get my wires crossed 🙂 There’s folk on here have photographic recollections of done of the most inconsequential rainswept Wednesday nights ha ha not me though. I can remember significant numbers though, oddly, like NI, Driving licence, even old mortgage roll numbers and bank accounts. It’s the way we are made I guess.

• bill

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:08 PM

CJ, me too.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:08 PM

Leighton James!!! And they beat us and he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. If only he was consistent.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:11 PM

I never paid much attention to Betty Swallocks on here before – no reason to. I will now.

• CJ

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:12 PM

Frank Clark kicking the mud off his boots on the goalpost before every corner……..ahh memories..happy days

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:14 PM

I think we all knew there was at least a 50-50 chance Perez was offmans this Summer. He didn’t like being booed onto the pitch against Watford and let his feelings be known after that point. To get £30 Million is actually quite staggering, although maybe not in today’s market.

It looks like it’s been Leicester triggering a release clause, so nothing much that NUFC could actually do about it in that case.

It also has no real bearing on the club sale either. The fee and personal terms could be agreed in advance of the deal, but the actual transaction can be delayed until after it’s complete.

Nezza says that’s not necessary anyway and I can see that, too – it would mean swapping a fixed asset in a player with a liquid asset in cash on the balance sheet, nothing that would trouble a team of decent accountants who could amend some paperwork to reflect the change quite easily.

Any purchase would be different as you would be loading liabilities onto the club in terms of wages and insurance, also paying out fees to agents etc. Far more difficult to quantify how this would affect the club’s value going forward.

Can we still dream that a purchase is on the cards and that Joselu’s “I have to wait for the club sale” was accurate? I think so. I also hope that there are a number of inbound signings lined up, as well as players departing.

Either that or Loris Benito has fallen foul of the Jesmond Dene Hotel room 101 curse.

• Jib

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:14 PM

Bill the vast amount of memories of matches at SJP are
    impressions rather than specifics.
    Night games with all the fag tips glowing in the dark on the other side of the ground.
    Some geek next to you with a transistor clamped to his ear giving a constant update of scores
    around the league..
    My dad and I always used to have this thing about what footy players would be OK at Rugby
    Paddy Howard would have made a great back row Micky Droy from Chelsea a great 2nd row
    etc etc
    The guy in the popular stand who would give this weird Arab warcry

• c-dog

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:14 PM

ToonRich

Denis Wise is intentional

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:16 PM

Its a bit ironic that the picture Ed shows of Ayoze is with his fingers in ears. Chronicle story is from Ryder and normally I wouldn’t believe him but after Rafa to China I don’t know what to believe anymore.

• c-dog

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:16 PM

One rule for Joselu another for Perez
    Some imbeciles in this blog

• neverbeento wembly

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:16 PM

Every other report says 30mil

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:17 PM

Toonrich, For sure, he could have done that. But I see it as so different from all the other wind ups, very creative, and such a mind would surely not be working for a skip company. This is not my reason for confidence, it adds to it, yes, but it’s the statements from BZG, all the companies house stuff (most recently the cancelling of the club assets as collateral). The Radio fella saying an announcement to to made soon and that BZG are feeling confident. Joselu still being here. These things are very real. On the other hand, the chronic and the like saying the deal’s not as far along as everyone thinks, other bidders, no exclusivity, fa test not started etc They know sweet fa, and their sources are from off the record Ashley camp people. And we all know they’d never mislead the press.
    We’ve been stung before and it’s understandable that people find it hard to believe. But there is nothing concrete to support the theory that the deal is off. It’s just the belief of broken spirited fans.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:17 PM

Also looks like that Gary Browne twitter guy who said the sale was off has backtracked big time. He’s said Midhat has told him to take the tweets down, he was apparently only joking and there will be a big announcement tomorrow.

I think he realised his wummery was getting way out of hand and is hoping it’ll all go away.

• CJ

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:18 PM

Robleenio
    If we can sell Perez without impacting the takeover why the hold up on moving out Joselu?
    We have to pay someone to take him ?

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:18 PM

I see the price is either £18M or £30M – either way the slug will pocket it and leave us with a loaner or Hoser Mk2

Who would want to manage this team????

Goals win games and we just got rid of Perez and refused to buy Rondon – for a paltry £16M

• IrishRob

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Wow 16M is very cheap for Perez. If I didn’t know better it doesn’t look like Ashley selling him. How are we gonna get him out of our club seriously? Were too stupid to stop going to matches and buying merch.

• geordietom

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:20 PM

have to say i pmsl at bontempi ffs tsunki you still got one must be worth a few bob now mate …

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:20 PM

c-dog, both deals have got exactly as far down the line as each other

Joselu, deal apparently agreed, not officially announced

Perez, deal apparently agreed, not officially announced.

Where’s the contradiction?

• kev1664

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:22 PM

Robleenio,

Putting a few people at ease on takeover there. Cheers for that. Good point on release clause, we wouldn’t be able to stop it I suppose.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:23 PM

Jib at @212 – which player did you and your dad reckon would make a good row 4 lock second number forward?

🙂

• Pat On The Heed

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Perez’s goals kept us up two seasons running. He was often playing an isolated lone role in a compact defensive team. Whenever the team built momentum he always scored the vital goals. But it’s easier to say ‘he only plays half a season’ and go with the flow. People who don’t see how important Perez was to the team are beyond help.

• jimiley

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:24 PM

I find it staggering that the believers can claim that the sale of Perez means a takeover is near. Nothing could be further from the truth. No takeover.
    Why would the Arabs allow the sale of Perez? They do not know if he is any good. Probably never heard of him. Allow the sale and are not yet owners? A bit risky. Mikes the owner and he is selling Perez.
    The money goes to big Mike and they have agreed a sum of 350 million? Wrong. Its now 320 million but they are paying 350 million. Big Mike might as well sell everybody and then cop 350 million.
    It just does not make any sense unless Mike is staying and copping as much as he can.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Even if we play one up front – who is it now???

• CJ

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:25 PM

Robleenio
    I stand corrected. My apologies

• Genjikai

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:25 PM

Pat its alright with have gayle instant ready made replacement or is it muto i can never remember.

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM

If Perez is sold for £30m that leaves £15M to get Rondon and £15m in the bank.
    Rondon and Miggy up front.

Looks like an Ashley deal all the way.

• DavidKelly9

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Chancel your in fantasy land mate you think perez would go to leicester if we are been taken over by a sheikh give your head a shake
    As for reporters knowing not having a clue another bidder was reported by george caulkin the same bloke who told us rafa was going to china before anybody else and was again shot down on here for knowing nothing. There is no takeover deal with it

• stu mel

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM

I dont get mike timing. Mike ashley seems to be breaking Newcastle down bit by bit it feels like hes want revenge for us not sucking up to the slug. This is like a game n his move for once seems personal cause everybody hates him. I’m dreading when the prem start I hear everybody talking about true fans. I’m just be sad every Saturday dont even think I’m gonna watch football I’m not even being dramatic. He is abusing this football and all the fans. My take n rafa n Perez they’ve been done deals from January last year the both wanted to go wanted out of ashleyfc.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Geordietom the bontempi hasn’t been played since the Bart’s batteries ran out in ’74. It’s in the shoe cupboard in a box with the soda stream, the buttoneer, the K-Tel record Cleaner and **cough** the err….. Ahem err…. Sty*l*ph*ne…..

• TomaKaThor

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:27 PM

So there will be a big announcement tomorrow? That’s will be like the 40th big announcement day to come and go with no announcement then.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:27 PM

…the sparklets soda Syphon, goblin teasmade, ecko hostess trolley…

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:27 PM

CJ, I’m just thinking out loud really, just like everyone else. Don’t take me at my word, I was really just considering what Nezza had said re sales being ok but purchases not and wondering why that would be. I think what I wrote makes sense though, but I’m happy to be corrected if anyone can fault the logic.

I think delaying the actual contract signature until after the club sale is complete makes more sense and fits with what Joselu said.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:28 PM

ha ha Just saved me some typing Rob.

• Belfast

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:28 PM

I would absolutely piss myself if it’s 30 million. Football is so fcuked up these days. So it wouldn’t surprise me.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:29 PM

…..lava lamp, clackers, and a 1967 Beano annual.